• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:30
CEST 19:30
KST 02:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10224 users

[Map] Match Point (BW Port) - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 12 2010 22:17 GMT
#41
On July 13 2010 04:04 dyren wrote:
Glad you guys like it. :D

big props to dyren here guys, he did most of the work!
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
KCrazy
Profile Joined August 2009
United States278 Posts
July 16 2010 17:33 GMT
#42
i just tried playing this with a friend but we couldn't because of intense lag issues D: But it seems to only happen with this map, is there a specific reason or are we just getting boned.
"We need alcohol" ~Stork
dimfish
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States663 Posts
July 16 2010 17:38 GMT
#43
Hey all--yeah map analyzer is down because Blizzard changed the map format for the newest patch. It caught me off guard because I'm adding a lot of new features and fixes at the moment.

About the map: I very much like the decoration. It's tempting to use everything in a tileset, but a nice varied use of the greys came out really well for this map!
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-16 17:43:57
July 16 2010 17:42 GMT
#44
On July 17 2010 02:33 KCrazy wrote:
i just tried playing this with a friend but we couldn't because of intense lag issues D: But it seems to only happen with this map, is there a specific reason or are we just getting boned.

Does it work fine for a second, and then hitch, and then work fine for another second and hitch and so on and so forth?

I've been having this problem on all of my maps since the latest patch. I have no idea what is causing it, but confirmation from a third party will definitely tell me there's a bug I need to fix tonight before any of this weekend's tournaments.

EDIT: If anyone else has seen this problem on any other custom maps and knows what is causing it, please let me know. I can't think of any reason why anything in the editor would cause networking issues like that, so I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting besides asking in #sc2mapster or something on IRC.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Shurafa
Profile Joined March 2010
United States79 Posts
July 16 2010 18:05 GMT
#45
Thanks for the port!

I would suggest adding a destructible rocks along the main.


I think this is going to become a defacto standard with competitive maps. It give players one more strategic option.
"Impossible Only Means That You Haven't Found The Solution Yet..."
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 16 2010 18:11 GMT
#46
On July 17 2010 03:05 Shurafa wrote:
Thanks for the port!

I would suggest adding a destructible rocks along the main.


I think this is going to become a defacto standard with competitive maps. It give players one more strategic option.

I do not want to put any SC2 features like high yield minerals or rocks in this map. I tried to keep it as faithful to the original as I could, and I can tell dyren did in his design as well.


Where would you add d-rocks anyway? the only ground path in and out of the base is through the choke into the natural o_o
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
KCrazy
Profile Joined August 2009
United States278 Posts
July 16 2010 19:09 GMT
#47
On July 17 2010 02:42 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2010 02:33 KCrazy wrote:
i just tried playing this with a friend but we couldn't because of intense lag issues D: But it seems to only happen with this map, is there a specific reason or are we just getting boned.

Does it work fine for a second, and then hitch, and then work fine for another second and hitch and so on and so forth?

I've been having this problem on all of my maps since the latest patch. I have no idea what is causing it, but confirmation from a third party will definitely tell me there's a bug I need to fix tonight before any of this weekend's tournaments.

EDIT: If anyone else has seen this problem on any other custom maps and knows what is causing it, please let me know. I can't think of any reason why anything in the editor would cause networking issues like that, so I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting besides asking in #sc2mapster or something on IRC.



yea this is exactly what was happening
"We need alcohol" ~Stork
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
July 16 2010 19:12 GMT
#48
Tou're a sick map maker.
In my opinion you published 3 out of the 3 best Melee map for SC2
Keep up your great work.
You're awesome sick
OPSavioR
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1465 Posts
July 16 2010 19:16 GMT
#49
I would like it bigger feels like the "middle" part is too small.
i dunno lol
c.Deadly
Profile Joined March 2010
United States545 Posts
July 16 2010 19:30 GMT
#50
On July 17 2010 02:42 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2010 02:33 KCrazy wrote:
i just tried playing this with a friend but we couldn't because of intense lag issues D: But it seems to only happen with this map, is there a specific reason or are we just getting boned.

Does it work fine for a second, and then hitch, and then work fine for another second and hitch and so on and so forth?

I've been having this problem on all of my maps since the latest patch. I have no idea what is causing it, but confirmation from a third party will definitely tell me there's a bug I need to fix tonight before any of this weekend's tournaments.

EDIT: If anyone else has seen this problem on any other custom maps and knows what is causing it, please let me know. I can't think of any reason why anything in the editor would cause networking issues like that, so I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting besides asking in #sc2mapster or something on IRC.


I encountered this problem while playing Match Point as well (haven't tried Fighting Spirit yet). There is jerky lag until about 5 minutes in, when I always drop. I found some info on the sc2mapster forums.

SC2Mapster Forum Post (long URL)
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-16 19:48:22
July 16 2010 19:44 GMT
#51
Oh wow, it looks like it's the load screens...

That is beyond irritating. Come on Blizzard -_-

EDIT: i'll apply the "press a key to start" to all of the maps once I'm at home tonight. If that doesn't work, I'll have to pull all the loadscreens out until they are fixed.

I am disappoint.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Maelkyral
Profile Joined June 2010
United States22 Posts
July 16 2010 19:48 GMT
#52
Dyren's Match Point was my favorite SC2 map so far, and prodiG my favorite map maker. Excellent to see them combined together :D.

Does anyone know which upcoming tournaments are going to be using the BW remakes? I've only heard of Micro/Macro.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 16 2010 20:20 GMT
#53
On July 17 2010 04:48 Maelkyral wrote:
Dyren's Match Point was my favorite SC2 map so far, and prodiG my favorite map maker. Excellent to see them combined together :D.

Does anyone know which upcoming tournaments are going to be using the BW remakes? I've only heard of Micro/Macro.

ITL this weekend is using Destination, Fighting Spirit, and I believe intends on using Match Point. TeamSix East vs West will be using Fighting Spirit, Match Point, and Ground Xero
MM2 is using Fighting Spirit, Neo Tornado and Impervious


Other than that I can't think of any tournaments off the top of my head.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
SONE
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada839 Posts
July 29 2010 15:46 GMT
#54
Can't wait for these to be on retail, love the maps
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
July 29 2010 19:10 GMT
#55
On July 30 2010 00:46 SONE wrote:
Can't wait for these to be on retail, love the maps

It's published on US, search "iCCup"
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Santi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Colombia466 Posts
August 17 2010 12:20 GMT
#56
can someone put this map on the sea server?
Madkipz
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway1643 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 13:39:51
August 17 2010 13:37 GMT
#57
I really like how you made the middle unbuildable but allowed for it to be creep tumored. Maps like this and fighting spirit (most balanced and macro beastly map to date) should be on the ladder imho.

My only suggestion would be to extend the map bounds and fill it up with doodads to help flyers navigate and hit the mains or the natural but i dont think its needed.
"Mudkip"
Jzerg
Profile Joined October 2009
84 Posts
August 17 2010 14:19 GMT
#58
The map looks awesome, great job!


[Now I just wish my mutas could actually get past 1 turret, hopefully soon ~]
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
August 17 2010 14:41 GMT
#59
On August 17 2010 22:37 Madkipz wrote:
I really like how you made the middle unbuildable but allowed for it to be creep tumored. Maps like this and fighting spirit (most balanced and macro beastly map to date) should be on the ladder imho.

My only suggestion would be to extend the map bounds and fill it up with doodads to help flyers navigate and hit the mains or the natural but i dont think its needed.

There wasn't a lot of room in BW, so i intend to leave it this wa.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Laggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States385 Posts
August 24 2010 23:38 GMT
#60
Not sure if this has been posted, but the bottom left main has 9 mineral patches instead of 8, not sure about top right.
D on iccup stands for diamond in SC2
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 701
IntoTheiNu 623
SteadfastSC548
Rex104
CosmosSc2 61
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 548
Rex 104
UpATreeSC 96
CosmosSc2 60
BRAT_OK 43
Codebar 13
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40474
Jaedong 1430
Hyuk 757
Soma 751
Mini 475
BeSt 459
Larva 368
Rush 304
Soulkey 256
ZerO 236
[ Show more ]
Snow 170
hero 101
Dewaltoss 94
Liquid`Ret 58
Mind 43
sorry 30
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 19
Shine 19
Terrorterran 17
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1291
Dendi785
Counter-Strike
Fnx 747
fl0m70
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3445
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu485
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1638
B2W.Neo473
byalli464
ceh9370
KnowMe120
QueenE83
Trikslyr40
Chillindude23
Railgan21
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 9
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3438
League of Legends
• TFBlade1031
Other Games
• imaqtpie719
• Shiphtur330
• WagamamaTV255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 30m
OSC
19h 30m
Stellar Fest
19h 30m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.