• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:45
CEST 14:45
KST 21:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10060 users

Q&A w/ Chris Sigaty & David Kim - Page 10

Forum Index > News
388 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 20 Next All
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
October 22 2011 09:36 GMT
#181
No LAN? Well, that's disappointing.
(Max 20 chars)
Profile Joined March 2011
149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 14:03:32
October 22 2011 09:40 GMT
#182
I'm wondering since months and going to ask now: Will there be consequences?

I mean Bnet was bad and hated even before the game was out. Millions of things were on their 'list'. There are monthly issues in tournaments because of missing LAN.

Nothing is done, just lots of talking. But like in politics there comes the election time. You can vote with your wallet.

Will you (basically everyone who bought WoL) just keep on talking and complaning or will there be consequences?

I'm asking, as for my part, I definitely won't buy Starcraft HotS and most likely no further Bnet controlled games. I bought WoL and was hoping for the promised and even more as I couldn't believe they were serious about this Bnet thing and they would fix it soon.
I read complains over complain. An endless stream of issues. I feel the same way but never wrote about it. I just made my decision over the past months.

Will you buy HotS and just keep complaining or do you have something else in mind?

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that actually acts and everyone else just keeps talking but agreeing to everything by voting with their wallet. Or if there are lots of people acting and just not talking about that they are.

edit:typo
Hellbourne
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany63 Posts
October 22 2011 09:49 GMT
#183
Hell yeah, Clan Support. May I ask is there are more exact information about the HotS beta? When will it start, how can you participate and so on?
I will... never be a memory.
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
October 22 2011 09:53 GMT
#184
On October 22 2011 18:49 Hellbourne wrote:
Hell yeah, Clan Support. May I ask is there are more exact information about the HotS beta? When will it start, how can you participate and so on?


Months, not years, they said so no exact date. You opt in for the beta at your battle.net account page as usual.
eohs
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States677 Posts
October 22 2011 10:18 GMT
#185
This name change / clan support I dont get how hard that is to do I really dont. War3 had it the first day it was out pretty much... and none for sc2 yet.. still makes no sense we wont see this for years.
WELCOME TO THE PARTY
Cyborgryna
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany12 Posts
October 22 2011 10:18 GMT
#186
+ Show Spoiler +

On October 22 2011 12:37 beefhamburger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 12:31 Tropical Bob wrote:
On October 22 2011 11:55 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On October 22 2011 11:49 Tropical Bob wrote:
Fucking stupid.

Thank you for such insight.
On October 22 2011 11:55 MonkSEA wrote:
I don't mind not having lan. It's not 'fucking stupid.'

It's nice that they're thinking of doing a lan-esque thing for the leagues, but for general audience LAN is not needed at all.

Even if it's not opened for the general consumer (But it should be), they should at the very least implement it for tournaments. And seriously, for them to sit there and say 'we know there are huge issues, but we have no plans to do anything about it, no matter how simple, easy, and probably incredibly cheap it would be' is just incredibly insulting to both the community and e-sports. What we're seeing here is Blizzard doing basically nothing in their power to support e-sports at all. And in fact, due to their strict policy on broadcasting rights (Though that's more the fault of stupid US copyright laws) and the whole ad revenue thing, it's almost like they're trying to stifle e-sports on purpose.



So yeah, it's fucking stupid.
I don't see the urgency for them to add lan, even for tournament play. If it's not available anywhere else other than tournies, then pros will be practicing in different conditions which makes their overall gameplay suboptimal. No one wants that. No one. If they can't practice in latency-free conditions, I don't want them to suddenly switch for a few days and see their skill drop from practice. And no, you can't just get used to having no lag when all you've practiced on is inherent bnet latency. If they one day public lan, then I will welcome lan for tournies with open arms.

I totally agree! AoE spells like fungal, storm or ff are practically trained w/ lag since the beta! If nobody can expirience lag free games, LAN is a useless feature (even for the pros).
In the Beta i watched an ESLTV cast with Filly and an old german BW Progammer and he complain about the missing LAN support but at the same time he said he had problems in BW playing lag-free after training for month over a normal shitty internet connection!

BUT we should not complain...don't worry be happy
Tiazi
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands761 Posts
October 22 2011 10:26 GMT
#187
Nice interview. Thanks guys!
"A brilliant yet deluded man once said, 'Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.' Gumiho is that agent of chaos." -monk
GiftPflanZe
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Germany623 Posts
October 22 2011 10:31 GMT
#188
I really hope they provide clan support soon T__T
...
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 22 2011 10:38 GMT
#189
Don't really like the answers they give, they're all maybes essentially or what we heard during the panel discussion as well :3
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Tropical Bob
Profile Joined August 2010
United States127 Posts
October 22 2011 10:41 GMT
#190
On October 22 2011 18:40 (Max 20 chars) wrote:
I'm wondering since month and going to ask now: Will there be consequences?

I mean Bnet was bad and hated even before the game was out. Millions of things were on their 'list'. There are monthly issues in tournaments because of missing LAN.

Nothing is done, just lots of talking. But like in politics there comes the election time. You can vote with your wallet.

Will you (basically everyone who bought WoL) just keep on talking and complaning or will there be consequences?

I'm asking, as for my part, I definitely won't buy Starcraft HotS and most likely no further Bnet controlled games. I bought WoL and was hoping for the promised and even more as I could believe they were serious about this Bnet thing and they would fix it soon.
I read complains over complain. An endless stream of issues. I feel the same way but never wrote about it. I just made my decision over the past month.

Will you buy HotS and just keep complaining or do you have something else in mind?

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that actually acts and everyone else just keeps talking but agreeing to everything by voting with their wallet. Or if there are lots of people acting and just not talking about that they are.

The unfortunate thing is that there's so many people that either don't care about LAN or will buy it anyway (Like seriously progaming teams, tournament organizers, etc.) that there's basically no way to convince enough consumers to make a large enough dent in sales to convince Blizzard to take our suggestions and demands seriously.

So despite my desire to persuade Blizzard in one way or another, I'm going to buy it anyway. I'm a realist. There's enough idiots out there that my vote literally doesn't count either way.

Same reason I don't care about politics.
IIIOmegaIII
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden319 Posts
October 22 2011 10:49 GMT
#191
sooo sweet with group replays, i have missed that alot tbh.
Zomny
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany22 Posts
October 22 2011 11:02 GMT
#192
i still hope the new units beeing implemented into the multiplayer is a huge trollolololololol from blizzard the new zerg units just appear way to overpowered
http://www.de.twitch.tv/zomny
winsause
Profile Joined March 2011
United States65 Posts
October 22 2011 11:04 GMT
#193
On October 22 2011 12:05 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 12:01 emesen wrote:
wait... are they charging for blizzard dota now?

I wonder if they seriously think people are going to play Blizzard DotA. There shouldn't be any full time staff devoted to it.

DotA 2 is groomed for ESPORTS, which Blizzard won't do and Bnet2 isn't capable of supporting, and LoL is huge and free. It's an oversaturated scene with far more experienced and advanced developers and systems. They should just abandon it.


I'm pretty sure they are just aiming Blizzard Dota as something you can play while logged into b.net.. a silly custom game.
(Max 20 chars)
Profile Joined March 2011
149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 11:17:03
October 22 2011 11:15 GMT
#194
On October 22 2011 19:41 Tropical Bob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 18:40 (Max 20 chars) wrote:
I'm wondering since month and going to ask now: Will there be consequences?

I mean Bnet was bad and hated even before the game was out. Millions of things were on their 'list'. There are monthly issues in tournaments because of missing LAN.

Nothing is done, just lots of talking. But like in politics there comes the election time. You can vote with your wallet.

Will you (basically everyone who bought WoL) just keep on talking and complaning or will there be consequences?

I'm asking, as for my part, I definitely won't buy Starcraft HotS and most likely no further Bnet controlled games. I bought WoL and was hoping for the promised and even more as I could believe they were serious about this Bnet thing and they would fix it soon.
I read complains over complain. An endless stream of issues. I feel the same way but never wrote about it. I just made my decision over the past month.

Will you buy HotS and just keep complaining or do you have something else in mind?

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that actually acts and everyone else just keeps talking but agreeing to everything by voting with their wallet. Or if there are lots of people acting and just not talking about that they are.

The unfortunate thing is that there's so many people that either don't care about LAN or will buy it anyway (Like seriously progaming teams, tournament organizers, etc.) that there's basically no way to convince enough consumers to make a large enough dent in sales to convince Blizzard to take our suggestions and demands seriously.

So despite my desire to persuade Blizzard in one way or another, I'm going to buy it anyway. I'm a realist. There's enough idiots out there that my vote literally doesn't count either way.

Same reason I don't care about politics.

I think I didn't make myself clear. I don't intend to make Blizzard change anything with not buying the game.

It's as you say: Be realistic. Blizzard won't change Bnet dependency and all the flaws within that system. All the complaining is useless and at the end just some sort of generic regulars' table talk. They won't change things but more likely extend them. They made their point clear over and over again.

That's why I won't buy it. Not to pressure someone. It's not about sending a message. It's just a bad product and I don't support that product and the idea - as most people I guess. That's the reason. It's simply a logical consequence not to buy it.
I feel people still buying HotS lose every right to complain about Bnet related issues as they comfort Blizzard with their money to leave it as it is.

And that's why I asked. To find out if people are serious about their complains or if this is all more just generic talk and complain because we are humans and like to complain about everything but at the end still vote in favour.
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 11:23:22
October 22 2011 11:22 GMT
#195
On October 22 2011 11:45 Kennigit wrote:



He feels that the beta will give the design team much more substantial data than WoL because there's such a rich pool of pros to work with. He thinks pros will adapt to the changes pretty quickly and be able to give solid feedback.




Why don't they hire pros in the first place?
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 11:23:13
October 22 2011 11:23 GMT
#196
oops sry delete
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
DwmC_Foefen
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Belgium2186 Posts
October 22 2011 11:23 GMT
#197
Can't wait until Blizzard stops messing with SC2 after all the expansions and the community takes over making (probably more like salvaging) the game into something much much better.
starrrrlight
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark18 Posts
October 22 2011 11:25 GMT
#198
to all you "Y NO LAN!?" people. if you really want esports to grow, stop being so pissy about this.
the things that are pushing esports is a passion _AND_ money. just passion doesnt go very far in the world we live in. blizzard will lose money if they implement lan mode, and that will take away motivation to continue developing and improving already released products.

@blizzard; thank you for everything, i look forward to paying the full amount for HotS aswell.
by doing anything, you can become anyone
Warzilla
Profile Joined December 2010
Czech Republic311 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 11:32:33
October 22 2011 11:29 GMT
#199
Well if there was a lan spport. They would loose TONs of casual players aka TONs of money, because they would just download it and play with friends through LAN using tungle,gamranger and all that shit so i understand it.. I think LAN will get out after the last expansion pack
"AFTER LOST GAME - I usually run around in circles yelling "WHY OH GOD WHY" in my room, pointing towards the sky. After 5 to 10min ,i get tired and go back to playing"
BlindSC2
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom435 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 11:43:31
October 22 2011 11:40 GMT
#200
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 22 2011 18:40 (Max 20 chars) wrote:
I'm wondering since month and going to ask now: Will there be consequences?

I mean Bnet was bad and hated even before the game was out. Millions of things were on their 'list'. There are monthly issues in tournaments because of missing LAN.

Nothing is done, just lots of talking. But like in politics there comes the election time. You can vote with your wallet.

Will you (basically everyone who bought WoL) just keep on talking and complaning or will there be consequences?

I'm asking, as for my part, I definitely won't buy Starcraft HotS and most likely no further Bnet controlled games. I bought WoL and was hoping for the promised and even more as I could believe they were serious about this Bnet thing and they would fix it soon.
I read complains over complain. An endless stream of issues. I feel the same way but never wrote about it. I just made my decision over the past month.

Will you buy HotS and just keep complaining or do you have something else in mind?

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that actually acts and everyone else just keeps talking but agreeing to everything by voting with their wallet. Or if there are lots of people acting and just not talking about that they are.


'The best argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter' - Winston Churchill.

That applies no matter the standing you take, no matter the beliefs you uphold, no matter which side of the political (or buying/not buying in this case) spectrum you lie, the majority of the people who decide are, in respect to the subject being 'voted' on, idiots.

That's not to say you're an idiot if you don't buy HotS, or that you're an idiot if you do, just that actual reasoning, logic and proper argumentation for a particular standpoint wont sway the idiotic majority.

[Paraphrasing] 'Wise men do not debate with fools, as from a distance it is difficult to tell which is which'.

Those two quotes sum up politics, or the majority of all debates, for me today.


Anyways, some pretty expected answers, we might do it..... eventually. All we can really expect. Is there a 'fixed' date for the HotS release being announced at Bcon? I know it wont be actually fixed but something to look forward to.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools; because they have to say something - Plato
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37393
Shuttle 2512
Horang2 985
Bisu 884
Jaedong 709
Light 613
Mini 519
BeSt 354
firebathero 330
Hyuk 297
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 263
Stork 259
Zeus 216
Soma 214
ggaemo 189
Soulkey 151
Last 149
ZerO 147
Rush 145
Snow 139
Leta 114
Killer 77
Pusan 77
hero 63
Sea.KH 61
Mong 39
Mind 36
Sharp 34
Shinee 30
Shine 29
soO 26
Bale 24
Aegong 24
sorry 23
ToSsGirL 22
Trap 18
Free 17
Sexy 16
Yoon 15
Terrorterran 15
PianO 13
Noble 11
HiyA 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 7
zelot 6
Icarus 5
NotJumperer 1
Dota 2
Gorgc4161
qojqva1752
Dendi979
420jenkins54
League of Legends
Reynor96
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1425
x6flipin398
markeloff107
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1960
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns36863
singsing2123
B2W.Neo814
XBOCT351
DeMusliM186
Mlord176
Livibee173
XaKoH 150
Mew2King121
Liquid`LucifroN112
ArmadaUGS106
QueenE70
Chillindude18
Railgan10
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 77
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2247
• TFBlade711
Other Games
• WagamamaTV192
Upcoming Events
OSC
15m
Stellar Fest
15m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
TaKeTV 42
OSC
11h 15m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.