• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:57
CEST 00:57
KST 07:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10521 users

[OSL] Merry X-Mas! Flash and JD are Out - Page 5

Forum Index > News
110 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 31 2010 22:38 GMT
#81
Probably the worst ro8 I've ever seen for an OSL.... shocking
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
December 31 2010 23:39 GMT
#82
...where Leta played his teammate Type-B (now disgraced and retired for his involvement in the match-fixing scandal) in semi-finals.

that was quarterfinals (the final was yarnc vs jd)

great write up, as usual
brood war for life, brood war forever
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
January 01 2011 00:00 GMT
#83
+ Show Spoiler +
My coffee sits on my table. Neglected, ignored, abandoned. My focus was on my computer monitor. There, frozen on the screen is a faint figure. Clad in blue and white, he gazes into the heavens. In ages long past he fought hard, showed tremendous talent, skill, and determination but he fell short. He was demolished and crushed. But now the titans of old have fallen. There is nothing left standing in his path to victory. His ascension is arriving.
COMING SOON: THE YEAR OF THE STORK
BRACE FOR CARNAGE
KimchiFriedRice
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada237 Posts
January 01 2011 00:10 GMT
#84
Thanks guys for the article.
Stork vs Fanta wouldn't be a bad OSL at all :DD

Only problem is... Kal is still a contender
I will shove Kimchi up your ass and watch you writhe in pain.
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
January 01 2011 00:23 GMT
#85
3/4 news is now BW.
GO BW GO!
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
Jackal03
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil7469 Posts
January 01 2011 00:49 GMT
#86
this will be storks second OSL, i believe!

go stork!

and happy new year for everyone on TL!

BW is back
legendre20
Profile Joined November 2010
United States316 Posts
January 01 2011 01:30 GMT
#87
Great write up! GO FANTASY!! Although I gotta say I'm pullin' for Stork as well, would be nice to see him win it. He's playing at the top of his game!
"Sen, lings are OP" - HelloKittySS /// <3 http://www.twitch.tv/legendre20 <3
Quasimoto3000
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States471 Posts
January 01 2011 01:31 GMT
#88
gah, only one person left for me to root for

SONG BYUNG GOO! SONG BYUNG GOO! SONG BYUNG GOO!
Every sunday a nun lays from my gunplay
Deekin[
Profile Joined December 2010
Serbia1713 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-01 03:04:16
January 01 2011 02:08 GMT
#89
Nize write up. Milkis got some serious balls making his topic "Best OSL ever"

On January 01 2011 09:10 KimchiFriedRice wrote:
Thanks guys for the article.
Stork vs Fanta wouldn't be a bad OSL at all :DD

Only problem is... Kal is still a contender


Not a problem in my eyes!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CJ Entus fighting! I am a Leta, Hydra, Mind and (ofcourse) Firebathero fan. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Deekin[
Profile Joined December 2010
Serbia1713 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-01 03:03:22
January 01 2011 03:02 GMT
#90
double post fail
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CJ Entus fighting! I am a Leta, Hydra, Mind and (ofcourse) Firebathero fan. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Ambasa
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States29 Posts
January 01 2011 03:38 GMT
#91
On January 01 2011 04:05 MuffinDude wrote:
Really? Stork winning will be a fluke? We all knew Stork had the potential of getting to the finals every starleague, yet just because Jaedong and Flash got knocked out at the ro16 because of their failure, you end up calling Stork's win a fluke? If you put it that way then how many fluke victories have there been in the last 2 years? If a player who wins gold didn't beat jaedong or flash is counted as a fluke victory, then theres been a lot of flukes victories in the history of starcraft. Yes, we missed potentially epic games, but look at how some jaedong v flash games finals went, some were really disappointing. If you want to blame people, you should go blame jaedong and flash for failing at the ro16.


On January 01 2011 06:25 Z3kk wrote:
I also disagree with Milkis's opinion that the title is worthless merely because Flash and Jaedong got knocked out... There is no way all of those OSLs have been "fluke wins" because the winner didn't defeat Flash and/or JD on the way to the title. It's quite insulting to many players, really... >n<

If Stork or any other player wins, it will be perfectly legitimate and well-deserved. (unless, for some reason, every single one of his opponents plays like garbage, which won't happen o.e)


I understand people can disagree with the article -- but honestly, the best reason you can come up with is "well then all the previous starleague winners are flukes?" then honestly I don't think you've read the article at all. Read more carefully please because I don't think I've done that bad of a job writing. I purposely did word the article harshly but don't expect this OSL to go down in the history books as having some epic matchmaking or some epic upsets -- it's just an OSL filled with 2nd and 3rd tier players with no opportunity to prove themselves.
I'm the better carbonated milk, thank you. See? I'm even Terran!
Lightningbullet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States507 Posts
January 01 2011 06:09 GMT
#92
so uhhh (T)Flash got hyuked and JD got fucked by (T)HiyA...again. :o
BoxeR is AWESOME!!!!//Proud 2nd Member of the BW>SC2 club.
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-01 11:01:56
January 01 2011 10:28 GMT
#93
On January 01 2011 12:38 Ambasa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 04:05 MuffinDude wrote:
Really? Stork winning will be a fluke? We all knew Stork had the potential of getting to the finals every starleague, yet just because Jaedong and Flash got knocked out at the ro16 because of their failure, you end up calling Stork's win a fluke? If you put it that way then how many fluke victories have there been in the last 2 years? If a player who wins gold didn't beat jaedong or flash is counted as a fluke victory, then theres been a lot of flukes victories in the history of starcraft. Yes, we missed potentially epic games, but look at how some jaedong v flash games finals went, some were really disappointing. If you want to blame people, you should go blame jaedong and flash for failing at the ro16.


Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 06:25 Z3kk wrote:
I also disagree with Milkis's opinion that the title is worthless merely because Flash and Jaedong got knocked out... There is no way all of those OSLs have been "fluke wins" because the winner didn't defeat Flash and/or JD on the way to the title. It's quite insulting to many players, really... >n<

If Stork or any other player wins, it will be perfectly legitimate and well-deserved. (unless, for some reason, every single one of his opponents plays like garbage, which won't happen o.e)


I understand people can disagree with the article -- but honestly, the best reason you can come up with is "well then all the previous starleague winners are flukes?" then honestly I don't think you've read the article at all. Read more carefully please because I don't think I've done that bad of a job writing. I purposely did word the article harshly but don't expect this OSL to go down in the history books as having some epic matchmaking or some epic upsets -- it's just an OSL filled with 2nd and 3rd tier players with no opportunity to prove themselves.

You wrote it? Unless you're milkis, then you're smoking pot. But you didn't do a bad job of writing, its the message you're trying to convey is bad, saying that stork, fantasy, mind are all 2nd and 3rd tier players and the only 1st tier players are flash and jaedong is absolute bull.

Jaedong and flash getting knocked out in ro16 isn't a huge upset? And I think a fantasy v stork final would be an epic finals, a rematch of incruit osl.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
January 01 2011 14:13 GMT
#94
On January 01 2011 19:28 MuffinDude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 12:38 Ambasa wrote:
On January 01 2011 04:05 MuffinDude wrote:
Really? Stork winning will be a fluke? We all knew Stork had the potential of getting to the finals every starleague, yet just because Jaedong and Flash got knocked out at the ro16 because of their failure, you end up calling Stork's win a fluke? If you put it that way then how many fluke victories have there been in the last 2 years? If a player who wins gold didn't beat jaedong or flash is counted as a fluke victory, then theres been a lot of flukes victories in the history of starcraft. Yes, we missed potentially epic games, but look at how some jaedong v flash games finals went, some were really disappointing. If you want to blame people, you should go blame jaedong and flash for failing at the ro16.


On January 01 2011 06:25 Z3kk wrote:
I also disagree with Milkis's opinion that the title is worthless merely because Flash and Jaedong got knocked out... There is no way all of those OSLs have been "fluke wins" because the winner didn't defeat Flash and/or JD on the way to the title. It's quite insulting to many players, really... >n<

If Stork or any other player wins, it will be perfectly legitimate and well-deserved. (unless, for some reason, every single one of his opponents plays like garbage, which won't happen o.e)


I understand people can disagree with the article -- but honestly, the best reason you can come up with is "well then all the previous starleague winners are flukes?" then honestly I don't think you've read the article at all. Read more carefully please because I don't think I've done that bad of a job writing. I purposely did word the article harshly but don't expect this OSL to go down in the history books as having some epic matchmaking or some epic upsets -- it's just an OSL filled with 2nd and 3rd tier players with no opportunity to prove themselves.

You wrote it? Unless you're milkis, then you're smoking pot. But you didn't do a bad job of writing, its the message you're trying to convey is bad, saying that stork, fantasy, mind are all 2nd and 3rd tier players and the only 1st tier players are flash and jaedong is absolute bull.

Jaedong and flash getting knocked out in ro16 isn't a huge upset? And I think a fantasy v stork final would be an epic finals, a rematch of incruit osl.


Considering your response (which was filled with utter strawmans) I dunno whether to take your response that "message being conveyed was bad" seriously since I question if you even understood the message.

Not sure how you can believe Stork (was) on the same level of play as Jaedong/Flash in the past year. Same with Fantasy -- Lee Ssang was, for the most part, on a different level. It wasn't only until recently Jaedong and Flash slipped in their game, and I have utmost confidence in both players that they will come back and stay ahead of the game once again. If you don't believe that, "Well".

RO16 at least in OSL doesn't mean much considering it's group stages. Jaedong vs Baby RO16 is a huge upset since Baby absolutely murdered Jaedong. I think the best games of the OSL come at the single elimination stage (BO8 and onwards) and I feel bad that Stork, Fantasy, etc won't be able to show off what they may have actually been able to do -- which is take down Lee Ssang. I feel especially bad for Stork who I believe could take down Flash very potentially in a BO5. That would have been an amazing upset. If you think Flash and Jaedong losing in the RO16 will make this OSL any interesting then I dunno what to say, since I believe this OSL will be absolutely rubbish.

o and I'm Ambasa, not sure why people have such a hard time believing that lol
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9377 Posts
January 01 2011 20:47 GMT
#95
JAEDONG WHY???
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
January 01 2011 21:59 GMT
#96
As long as Stork, Fantasy, or Kal faces one another in the finals, then this OSL will be exciting and the win will be meaningful. Just not as meaningful as when Bisu wins the MSL by going through Stork and raping Jaedong at the finals.
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-01 22:52:44
January 01 2011 22:41 GMT
#97
On January 01 2011 23:13 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 19:28 MuffinDude wrote:
On January 01 2011 12:38 Ambasa wrote:
On January 01 2011 04:05 MuffinDude wrote:
Really? Stork winning will be a fluke? We all knew Stork had the potential of getting to the finals every starleague, yet just because Jaedong and Flash got knocked out at the ro16 because of their failure, you end up calling Stork's win a fluke? If you put it that way then how many fluke victories have there been in the last 2 years? If a player who wins gold didn't beat jaedong or flash is counted as a fluke victory, then theres been a lot of flukes victories in the history of starcraft. Yes, we missed potentially epic games, but look at how some jaedong v flash games finals went, some were really disappointing. If you want to blame people, you should go blame jaedong and flash for failing at the ro16.


On January 01 2011 06:25 Z3kk wrote:
I also disagree with Milkis's opinion that the title is worthless merely because Flash and Jaedong got knocked out... There is no way all of those OSLs have been "fluke wins" because the winner didn't defeat Flash and/or JD on the way to the title. It's quite insulting to many players, really... >n<

If Stork or any other player wins, it will be perfectly legitimate and well-deserved. (unless, for some reason, every single one of his opponents plays like garbage, which won't happen o.e)


I understand people can disagree with the article -- but honestly, the best reason you can come up with is "well then all the previous starleague winners are flukes?" then honestly I don't think you've read the article at all. Read more carefully please because I don't think I've done that bad of a job writing. I purposely did word the article harshly but don't expect this OSL to go down in the history books as having some epic matchmaking or some epic upsets -- it's just an OSL filled with 2nd and 3rd tier players with no opportunity to prove themselves.

You wrote it? Unless you're milkis, then you're smoking pot. But you didn't do a bad job of writing, its the message you're trying to convey is bad, saying that stork, fantasy, mind are all 2nd and 3rd tier players and the only 1st tier players are flash and jaedong is absolute bull.

Jaedong and flash getting knocked out in ro16 isn't a huge upset? And I think a fantasy v stork final would be an epic finals, a rematch of incruit osl.


Considering your response (which was filled with utter strawmans) I dunno whether to take your response that "message being conveyed was bad" seriously since I question if you even understood the message.

Not sure how you can believe Stork (was) on the same level of play as Jaedong/Flash in the past year. Same with Fantasy -- Lee Ssang was, for the most part, on a different level. It wasn't only until recently Jaedong and Flash slipped in their game, and I have utmost confidence in both players that they will come back and stay ahead of the game once again. If you don't believe that, "Well".

RO16 at least in OSL doesn't mean much considering it's group stages. Jaedong vs Baby RO16 is a huge upset since Baby absolutely murdered Jaedong. I think the best games of the OSL come at the single elimination stage (BO8 and onwards) and I feel bad that Stork, Fantasy, etc won't be able to show off what they may have actually been able to do -- which is take down Lee Ssang. I feel especially bad for Stork who I believe could take down Flash very potentially in a BO5. That would have been an amazing upset. If you think Flash and Jaedong losing in the RO16 will make this OSL any interesting then I dunno what to say, since I believe this OSL will be absolutely rubbish.

o and I'm Ambasa, not sure why people have such a hard time believing that lol

Its hard to believe cause why would you need two accounts -_-.

Well. The problem is, since Stork has a chance of beating Jaedong and Flash in a BO5, Stork winning would not really count as a upset. Upsets only have when the someone who is predicted to have no chance of winning wins. Like hogil > jaedong was an upset.

The problem with your idea of perfect starcraft is to beat Flash and Jaedong, which is complete bull. As I said, sure playing against Flash and Jaedong might result to great games, but that is not always the case. Flash v stork finals and many disappointing flash v jaedong series goes on to prove that a match between the top two players will not always result in a great play. I've also seen plenty of good games in the ro16. And flash and jaedong losing in the ro16 might actually make this more interesting, as flash and jaedong could simply play one sided games until they reach the finals, which to me is not very interesting.

The biggest problem is this:
On January 01 2011 12:38 Ambasa wrote:
it's just an OSL filled with 2nd and 3rd tier players with no opportunity to prove themselves.

This makes it sound as if no one can play on the level of Jaedong and Flash and that only Jaedong and Flash are counted as 1st tier players. You need to stop idolizing jaedong and flash and start accepting more progamers.

If you don't think games played by other progamers are interesting, then you're not properly enjoying bw.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
rolypoly
Profile Joined March 2009
20 Posts
January 02 2011 02:30 GMT
#98
still waiting for videos for other matches..
Starcraft
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-02 03:38:05
January 02 2011 03:37 GMT
#99
On January 02 2011 07:41 MuffinDude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 23:13 Milkis wrote:
On January 01 2011 19:28 MuffinDude wrote:
On January 01 2011 12:38 Ambasa wrote:
On January 01 2011 04:05 MuffinDude wrote:
Really? Stork winning will be a fluke? We all knew Stork had the potential of getting to the finals every starleague, yet just because Jaedong and Flash got knocked out at the ro16 because of their failure, you end up calling Stork's win a fluke? If you put it that way then how many fluke victories have there been in the last 2 years? If a player who wins gold didn't beat jaedong or flash is counted as a fluke victory, then theres been a lot of flukes victories in the history of starcraft. Yes, we missed potentially epic games, but look at how some jaedong v flash games finals went, some were really disappointing. If you want to blame people, you should go blame jaedong and flash for failing at the ro16.


On January 01 2011 06:25 Z3kk wrote:
I also disagree with Milkis's opinion that the title is worthless merely because Flash and Jaedong got knocked out... There is no way all of those OSLs have been "fluke wins" because the winner didn't defeat Flash and/or JD on the way to the title. It's quite insulting to many players, really... >n<

If Stork or any other player wins, it will be perfectly legitimate and well-deserved. (unless, for some reason, every single one of his opponents plays like garbage, which won't happen o.e)


I understand people can disagree with the article -- but honestly, the best reason you can come up with is "well then all the previous starleague winners are flukes?" then honestly I don't think you've read the article at all. Read more carefully please because I don't think I've done that bad of a job writing. I purposely did word the article harshly but don't expect this OSL to go down in the history books as having some epic matchmaking or some epic upsets -- it's just an OSL filled with 2nd and 3rd tier players with no opportunity to prove themselves.

You wrote it? Unless you're milkis, then you're smoking pot. But you didn't do a bad job of writing, its the message you're trying to convey is bad, saying that stork, fantasy, mind are all 2nd and 3rd tier players and the only 1st tier players are flash and jaedong is absolute bull.

Jaedong and flash getting knocked out in ro16 isn't a huge upset? And I think a fantasy v stork final would be an epic finals, a rematch of incruit osl.


Considering your response (which was filled with utter strawmans) I dunno whether to take your response that "message being conveyed was bad" seriously since I question if you even understood the message.

Not sure how you can believe Stork (was) on the same level of play as Jaedong/Flash in the past year. Same with Fantasy -- Lee Ssang was, for the most part, on a different level. It wasn't only until recently Jaedong and Flash slipped in their game, and I have utmost confidence in both players that they will come back and stay ahead of the game once again. If you don't believe that, "Well".

RO16 at least in OSL doesn't mean much considering it's group stages. Jaedong vs Baby RO16 is a huge upset since Baby absolutely murdered Jaedong. I think the best games of the OSL come at the single elimination stage (BO8 and onwards) and I feel bad that Stork, Fantasy, etc won't be able to show off what they may have actually been able to do -- which is take down Lee Ssang. I feel especially bad for Stork who I believe could take down Flash very potentially in a BO5. That would have been an amazing upset. If you think Flash and Jaedong losing in the RO16 will make this OSL any interesting then I dunno what to say, since I believe this OSL will be absolutely rubbish.

o and I'm Ambasa, not sure why people have such a hard time believing that lol

Its hard to believe cause why would you need two accounts -_-.

Well. The problem is, since Stork has a chance of beating Jaedong and Flash in a BO5, Stork winning would not really count as a upset. Upsets only have when the someone who is predicted to have no chance of winning wins. Like hogil > jaedong was an upset.

The problem with your idea of perfect starcraft is to beat Flash and Jaedong, which is complete bull. As I said, sure playing against Flash and Jaedong might result to great games, but that is not always the case. Flash v stork finals and many disappointing flash v jaedong series goes on to prove that a match between the top two players will not always result in a great play. I've also seen plenty of good games in the ro16. And flash and jaedong losing in the ro16 might actually make this more interesting, as flash and jaedong could simply play one sided games until they reach the finals, which to me is not very interesting.

The biggest problem is this:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 12:38 Ambasa wrote:
it's just an OSL filled with 2nd and 3rd tier players with no opportunity to prove themselves.

This makes it sound as if no one can play on the level of Jaedong and Flash and that only Jaedong and Flash are counted as 1st tier players. You need to stop idolizing jaedong and flash and start accepting more progamers.

If you don't think games played by other progamers are interesting, then you're not properly enjoying bw.


At this point, I don't think you're going to understand, so I'm going to make it as simple as possible and hope that you get it.

- Good Starcraft players beating Great Starcraft players in epic games makes for not "good" starcraft, but amazing starcraft (Savior 0:3 Bisu)
- All the Starcraft players considered "Great" that would allow this to happen are gone.
- There's no magical story that can happen in this OSL, which makes it boring and makes the title rather empty, because they gained their title through a certain amount of luck (Jaedong and Flash having off days and getting eliminated, with little of it have to do with their own doing)

Based on this you manage to make ridiculous implications about how I enjoy starcraft and telling me "i'm not properly enjoying bw". Stop making ridiculous assumptions and maybe you'll learn that there is more to the game than what you actually believe.

Accusing me of Idolizing players? The hell, is everyone you talk to mindless fanboys who can't think at all?
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
January 02 2011 04:49 GMT
#100
On January 02 2011 12:37 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 07:41 MuffinDude wrote:
On January 01 2011 23:13 Milkis wrote:
On January 01 2011 19:28 MuffinDude wrote:
On January 01 2011 12:38 Ambasa wrote:
On January 01 2011 04:05 MuffinDude wrote:
Really? Stork winning will be a fluke? We all knew Stork had the potential of getting to the finals every starleague, yet just because Jaedong and Flash got knocked out at the ro16 because of their failure, you end up calling Stork's win a fluke? If you put it that way then how many fluke victories have there been in the last 2 years? If a player who wins gold didn't beat jaedong or flash is counted as a fluke victory, then theres been a lot of flukes victories in the history of starcraft. Yes, we missed potentially epic games, but look at how some jaedong v flash games finals went, some were really disappointing. If you want to blame people, you should go blame jaedong and flash for failing at the ro16.


On January 01 2011 06:25 Z3kk wrote:
I also disagree with Milkis's opinion that the title is worthless merely because Flash and Jaedong got knocked out... There is no way all of those OSLs have been "fluke wins" because the winner didn't defeat Flash and/or JD on the way to the title. It's quite insulting to many players, really... >n<

If Stork or any other player wins, it will be perfectly legitimate and well-deserved. (unless, for some reason, every single one of his opponents plays like garbage, which won't happen o.e)


I understand people can disagree with the article -- but honestly, the best reason you can come up with is "well then all the previous starleague winners are flukes?" then honestly I don't think you've read the article at all. Read more carefully please because I don't think I've done that bad of a job writing. I purposely did word the article harshly but don't expect this OSL to go down in the history books as having some epic matchmaking or some epic upsets -- it's just an OSL filled with 2nd and 3rd tier players with no opportunity to prove themselves.

You wrote it? Unless you're milkis, then you're smoking pot. But you didn't do a bad job of writing, its the message you're trying to convey is bad, saying that stork, fantasy, mind are all 2nd and 3rd tier players and the only 1st tier players are flash and jaedong is absolute bull.

Jaedong and flash getting knocked out in ro16 isn't a huge upset? And I think a fantasy v stork final would be an epic finals, a rematch of incruit osl.


Considering your response (which was filled with utter strawmans) I dunno whether to take your response that "message being conveyed was bad" seriously since I question if you even understood the message.

Not sure how you can believe Stork (was) on the same level of play as Jaedong/Flash in the past year. Same with Fantasy -- Lee Ssang was, for the most part, on a different level. It wasn't only until recently Jaedong and Flash slipped in their game, and I have utmost confidence in both players that they will come back and stay ahead of the game once again. If you don't believe that, "Well".

RO16 at least in OSL doesn't mean much considering it's group stages. Jaedong vs Baby RO16 is a huge upset since Baby absolutely murdered Jaedong. I think the best games of the OSL come at the single elimination stage (BO8 and onwards) and I feel bad that Stork, Fantasy, etc won't be able to show off what they may have actually been able to do -- which is take down Lee Ssang. I feel especially bad for Stork who I believe could take down Flash very potentially in a BO5. That would have been an amazing upset. If you think Flash and Jaedong losing in the RO16 will make this OSL any interesting then I dunno what to say, since I believe this OSL will be absolutely rubbish.

o and I'm Ambasa, not sure why people have such a hard time believing that lol

Its hard to believe cause why would you need two accounts -_-.

Well. The problem is, since Stork has a chance of beating Jaedong and Flash in a BO5, Stork winning would not really count as a upset. Upsets only have when the someone who is predicted to have no chance of winning wins. Like hogil > jaedong was an upset.

The problem with your idea of perfect starcraft is to beat Flash and Jaedong, which is complete bull. As I said, sure playing against Flash and Jaedong might result to great games, but that is not always the case. Flash v stork finals and many disappointing flash v jaedong series goes on to prove that a match between the top two players will not always result in a great play. I've also seen plenty of good games in the ro16. And flash and jaedong losing in the ro16 might actually make this more interesting, as flash and jaedong could simply play one sided games until they reach the finals, which to me is not very interesting.

The biggest problem is this:
On January 01 2011 12:38 Ambasa wrote:
it's just an OSL filled with 2nd and 3rd tier players with no opportunity to prove themselves.

This makes it sound as if no one can play on the level of Jaedong and Flash and that only Jaedong and Flash are counted as 1st tier players. You need to stop idolizing jaedong and flash and start accepting more progamers.

If you don't think games played by other progamers are interesting, then you're not properly enjoying bw.


At this point, I don't think you're going to understand, so I'm going to make it as simple as possible and hope that you get it.

- Good Starcraft players beating Great Starcraft players in epic games makes for not "good" starcraft, but amazing starcraft (Savior 0:3 Bisu)
- All the Starcraft players considered "Great" that would allow this to happen are gone.
- There's no magical story that can happen in this OSL, which makes it boring and makes the title rather empty, because they gained their title through a certain amount of luck (Jaedong and Flash having off days and getting eliminated, with little of it have to do with their own doing)

Based on this you manage to make ridiculous implications about how I enjoy starcraft and telling me "i'm not properly enjoying bw". Stop making ridiculous assumptions and maybe you'll learn that there is more to the game than what you actually believe.

Accusing me of Idolizing players? The hell, is everyone you talk to mindless fanboys who can't think at all?

On your first point, that was bisu's first ever msl, royal roaders beating a legend is just epic. The games weren't the best games, it was remembered more because bisu used revolutionary pvz build and completely roflstomped savior. Honestly, it would of been a great series even if it wasn't against savior. Now, this osl has no royal road candidates, so a no-namer making a name for himself by beating a legend will not happen. So it doesn't really matter Jaedong and Flash are out. And when this usually happens, a lot of people usually call it upset, not epic. Only rarely do scrubs beating legends are counted as epic.

On your second point, "great" would not allow it to happen, as they should not lose to scrubs.

Your third point is why I'm accusing you of idolizing players, just because flash and jaedong were having off days and got knocked out, that doesn't mean the magic of OSL and MSL is gone. The whole MSL and OSL doesn't revolve around two players. Theres still 2 or 3 great players that the underdogs must face before they win the OSL.

My biggest point that you seem to fail to understand is that epic games don't always happen between or against "Great" players, in this case they would be Flash and Jaedong. Bisu v Stork final in the MSL was one of the closest finals in the history of starcraft, and that was quite a finals to watch. Now is Bisu's victory in the MSL a fluke victory because Jaedong couldn't even make it out of the qualifying rounds? No!

One finals that comes to mind that someone beat Flash or Jaedong to win the starleague is Effort v Flash. Now, that finals was absolute crap. Flash made a ton of mistake games 3,4, and 5 that he didn't make weeks before the finals. I wasn't the only one who questioned the legitimacy of Effort's victory over Flash, there were many people who thought that Flash made more mistakes than he normally did. The Flash v Jaedong finals weren't exactly the best finals either. They were hyped to no end yet they played out like a standard starleague finals.

I know you are upset that great players aren't in this starleague, but there are plenty of good players left in the osl, although there are also tons of scrubs mixed in them too. You just need to learn to accept that the potential of an epic game lies within every player instead of just disregarding them because they haven't made a name for themselves yet.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 125
Vindicta 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11446
Artosis 561
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3954
JimRising 581
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox712
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4687
Khaldor1107
Other Games
summit1g8368
shahzam631
FrodaN141
Mew2King95
ArmadaUGS93
NeuroSwarm77
ViBE59
JuggernautJason41
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 38
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie676
• Scarra455
• Shiphtur202
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 3m
Stellar Fest
14h 3m
OSC
23h 3m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.