• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:02
CEST 09:02
KST 16:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7537 users

[SC2B] Party in the USA - Page 3

Forum Index > News
90 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Qwerty.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States292 Posts
May 09 2010 22:55 GMT
#41
they're going up on youtube.com/nevake
groms
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1017 Posts
May 09 2010 23:21 GMT
#42
I loved the games I had a great time watching Slush play very exciting player and also big big shoutout to Louder who played amazing games that were really fun to watch. More from those two please :D
I have a recurring dream that I'm running away from a terran player but the marauders keep slowing me down. - Artosis
Atticus.axl
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States456 Posts
May 10 2010 00:53 GMT
#43
Congratulations Slush. Had a great time watching the tournament and I can't wait for the replays.
DoctorHelvetica <3
GenoZStriker
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2914 Posts
May 10 2010 01:40 GMT
#44
GG's Slush. Really well played against Louder and Cauthonluck FTW.
eSports Prodigy & Illuminati member.
krowe
Profile Joined April 2010
United States184 Posts
May 10 2010 02:02 GMT
#45
Waiting on the vods and replays
Schryver
Profile Joined April 2010
United States29 Posts
May 10 2010 03:11 GMT
#46
Did someone say party in the USA?

NeCroPoTeNce
Profile Joined July 2009
United States513 Posts
May 10 2010 04:36 GMT
#47
Lol awesome captions for those pics there!
zerg all the way! Lee Jaedong hwaiting
fantomex
Profile Joined June 2009
United States313 Posts
May 10 2010 04:38 GMT
#48
Where are the replays?
Replay or GTFO
DrakanSilva
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Chile932 Posts
May 10 2010 05:07 GMT
#49
Nice read, i watched the games.

and about this

[image loading]
I've seen the replay, and I'm not sure either


I honestly think that now the game is a little more balanced forcing terran to put new units into the mix.
The change to the tank has been very good, the splash damage rape small/middle sized units like hydras marauders, etc.

If cauthon added some tanks into that mix he would have raped that army with the same army size or less.

In the beginning there was nothing... and then exploded
Wi)nD
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada719 Posts
May 10 2010 05:47 GMT
#50
nice write up
CauthonLuck
Profile Joined July 2009
United States93 Posts
May 10 2010 05:56 GMT
#51
A little clarification on my disbelief in the first game. From my recent set against Slush in MLG It was woefully obvious that I could not match him in a long macro game. Normally I am very comfortable in macro TvZ games but I was soundly defeated using that style just a couple days prior to the TLI, so I came into this game with a different goal.

In the first game I wanted to do some minor economic harassment and try to force him to make as many sunkens as possible since I was doing a fast expand build with only small amounts of harassment units to contain him. I also know he likes to take an early third so I planned to get my natural up and running quickly, throw down an absolute ton of raxes without any thought of a 3rd base or late game tech, then hit with an extremely strong timing attack right before he reaps the benefit of his third.

The game went exactly how I wanted, I managed to do some economic damage and force at least 3 sunkens while being light on units and getting my own economy up quickly and completely unhindered. I then held off his first push while pumping non stop from 5-6 raxes, getting all the infantry upgrades and +1 weapons and attacked right about as his 3rd was getting up with a 15-20 food advantage, just as I had hoped for. That timing attack was soundly defeated, leaving me so shocked at the outcome that I continued playing for another 5-10 minutes even though my build was semi-all in and I really had no chance of winning once that timing attack was defeated.

The comments in the end were in reference to that attack where I thought I was in a great position but was still easily held off while he was at his weakest point.

I don't think I could have made that timing attack any stronger, using a couple tanks would actually have worked against me as good use of burrowed roaches will cause tanks to blast apart your infantry ball unless you tech strongly to tanks and ravens at the same time, or slowwwly push with turret hopping. Those strategies are perfectly fine, but would have greatly detracted from the strength of a massive infantry timing attack as he took his third, which was the plan for that game.

Perhaps I've been playing TvZ all wrong lately, only a couple of the games I lost to slush over the MLG/ITL series even seemed close. He outplayed me so completely that I started doing old gimmicky 1 base builds that I hadn't used in a long time out of desperation, and they worked better than any of my "solid" strategies. I really felt like I had an inferior economy and army at nearly every point when I tried to butt heads in straight up ground macro battles. Maybe I should revert to my old style of harassing constantly with banshees, thor/hellion drops etc, since Terran have many strong harassment options, they may just not be meant to settle down into a steady macro battle of "standard" armies until a lot of damage has been done.
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
May 10 2010 05:58 GMT
#52
On May 10 2010 04:29 iG.CatZ wrote:
? TT1 you won craftcup, gj, but that's the first thing you've done since the beta came out... maybe you'll be invited to the next one... i didn't get invited either, we need to become more popular, yes, but that's only up to us.

lol, including yourself in the same category as TT1
hilarious
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
DrakanSilva
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Chile932 Posts
May 10 2010 06:15 GMT
#53
thanks for the reply .
Well, there were many past variables that i didn't knew.

Nice read thought
In the beginning there was nothing... and then exploded
BabaBlackSheep
Profile Joined April 2010
United States29 Posts
May 10 2010 06:24 GMT
#54
Thanks for the insight, Cauthon. It's nice to see how strategies unfold mentally and within the game itself. The plan behind the plan, so to speak.
What does this field mean?
ROOTdrewbie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1392 Posts
May 10 2010 06:30 GMT
#55
GG CAUTHONLUCK.ROOT AND SLUSH.ROOT U GUYS RULE
www.root-gaming.com
OPSavioR
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1465 Posts
May 10 2010 08:12 GMT
#56
all bo3 games are miror games.. feels like its rigged
i dunno lol
Housta
Profile Joined April 2010
United States57 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-10 15:47:06
May 10 2010 15:43 GMT
#57
Good writeup! So whens the next TLI US?
ROOTslush
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada170 Posts
May 10 2010 15:59 GMT
#58
On May 10 2010 14:56 CauthonLuck wrote:
A little clarification on my disbelief in the first game. From my recent set against Slush in MLG It was woefully obvious that I could not match him in a long macro game. Normally I am very comfortable in macro TvZ games but I was soundly defeated using that style just a couple days prior to the TLI, so I came into this game with a different goal.

In the first game I wanted to do some minor economic harassment and try to force him to make as many sunkens as possible since I was doing a fast expand build with only small amounts of harassment units to contain him. I also know he likes to take an early third so I planned to get my natural up and running quickly, throw down an absolute ton of raxes without any thought of a 3rd base or late game tech, then hit with an extremely strong timing attack right before he reaps the benefit of his third.

The game went exactly how I wanted, I managed to do some economic damage and force at least 3 sunkens while being light on units and getting my own economy up quickly and completely unhindered. I then held off his first push while pumping non stop from 5-6 raxes, getting all the infantry upgrades and +1 weapons and attacked right about as his 3rd was getting up with a 15-20 food advantage, just as I had hoped for. That timing attack was soundly defeated, leaving me so shocked at the outcome that I continued playing for another 5-10 minutes even though my build was semi-all in and I really had no chance of winning once that timing attack was defeated.

The comments in the end were in reference to that attack where I thought I was in a great position but was still easily held off while he was at his weakest point.

I don't think I could have made that timing attack any stronger, using a couple tanks would actually have worked against me as good use of burrowed roaches will cause tanks to blast apart your infantry ball unless you tech strongly to tanks and ravens at the same time, or slowwwly push with turret hopping. Those strategies are perfectly fine, but would have greatly detracted from the strength of a massive infantry timing attack as he took his third, which was the plan for that game.

Perhaps I've been playing TvZ all wrong lately, only a couple of the games I lost to slush over the MLG/ITL series even seemed close. He outplayed me so completely that I started doing old gimmicky 1 base builds that I hadn't used in a long time out of desperation, and they worked better than any of my "solid" strategies. I really felt like I had an inferior economy and army at nearly every point when I tried to butt heads in straight up ground macro battles. Maybe I should revert to my old style of harassing constantly with banshees, thor/hellion drops etc, since Terran have many strong harassment options, they may just not be meant to settle down into a steady macro battle of "standard" armies until a lot of damage has been done.


This map really advantage me as zerg, i could get a 3rd that is so far away that it's hard for you to kill it. i found out that hdyras and infestor are REALLY good against a marauders heavy infantry which i know u like the burrow roach forces you to go raven instead of tanks and can kill any decent terran ground army if unnoticed. I'm a macro zerg so if you want to defeat me u have to be agressive early game. Watch the showmatch vs Demuslim (they will be up soon i guess) u'll see how agressive he is and how bad he raped me some games
Powda
Profile Joined February 2010
United States116 Posts
May 10 2010 16:45 GMT
#59
Picture play by plays are cool n all...but in the time it took to write up this you could have given us the VoDs.
1a2a3a4a
Erucious
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway393 Posts
May 10 2010 18:23 GMT
#60
On May 11 2010 01:45 Powda wrote:
Picture play by plays are cool n all...but in the time it took to write up this you could have given us the VoDs.


Yeah..because rendering, cutting videos, uploading doesn't take time at all.

Btw, did you know 9 women could get a baby in 1 month? True story
I'm Norwegian/Dutch. Just the awesome parts of them though :D
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 158
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 334
actioN 91
Mong 76
Shine 72
NotJumperer 38
Bale 29
Noble 11
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 821
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft779
Other Games
summit1g8405
ceh9356
Happy266
PiGStarcraft226
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS38
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick553
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream509
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2368
League of Legends
• Lourlo1434
• Rush1392
• Stunt464
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 58m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.