• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:33
CEST 06:33
KST 13:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9142 users

[SC2B] Party in the USA - Page 4

Forum Index > News
90 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
moretolove
Profile Joined May 2010
China3 Posts
May 10 2010 18:56 GMT
#61
amazing games
krowe
Profile Joined April 2010
United States184 Posts
May 11 2010 03:49 GMT
#62
Yes they were very good games overall and cannot wait to see the replays and vods considering there were many good players and strats.
aaaaaah
Profile Joined May 2010
45 Posts
May 11 2010 04:44 GMT
#63
sorry im new here, can someone tell me where i can find the replays for this invitational pl0x?
=D
Sansucal
Profile Joined October 2007
Germany259 Posts
May 11 2010 07:28 GMT
#64
i love battle reports
EnvoYofAiuR
Profile Joined October 2002
Netherlands71 Posts
May 11 2010 11:04 GMT
#65
were are the VODS/Replays?
Conquer, but dont triumph
Full.tilt
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom1709 Posts
May 11 2010 12:15 GMT
#66
Nice write up and congrats to Slush. A lot of great games to re-watch.
Perfect Balance
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway131 Posts
May 11 2010 16:31 GMT
#67
Great reporting, and I love the pictures. Slight problem is that I can't see what's going on in the pictures.. Too dark and too much bloom.
"Do you REALLY want chat rooms?" - You're good Blizzard! I was just fakin' it!
Powda
Profile Joined February 2010
United States116 Posts
May 11 2010 18:25 GMT
#68
It's been 4 days, took 10 min to have the vods up last liquibation, something wrong?
1a2a3a4a
tbrown47
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1235 Posts
May 11 2010 19:14 GMT
#69
On May 10 2010 14:56 CauthonLuck wrote:
A little clarification on my disbelief in the first game. From my recent set against Slush in MLG It was woefully obvious that I could not match him in a long macro game. Normally I am very comfortable in macro TvZ games but I was soundly defeated using that style just a couple days prior to the TLI, so I came into this game with a different goal.

In the first game I wanted to do some minor economic harassment and try to force him to make as many sunkens as possible since I was doing a fast expand build with only small amounts of harassment units to contain him. I also know he likes to take an early third so I planned to get my natural up and running quickly, throw down an absolute ton of raxes without any thought of a 3rd base or late game tech, then hit with an extremely strong timing attack right before he reaps the benefit of his third.

The game went exactly how I wanted, I managed to do some economic damage and force at least 3 sunkens while being light on units and getting my own economy up quickly and completely unhindered. I then held off his first push while pumping non stop from 5-6 raxes, getting all the infantry upgrades and +1 weapons and attacked right about as his 3rd was getting up with a 15-20 food advantage, just as I had hoped for. That timing attack was soundly defeated, leaving me so shocked at the outcome that I continued playing for another 5-10 minutes even though my build was semi-all in and I really had no chance of winning once that timing attack was defeated.

The comments in the end were in reference to that attack where I thought I was in a great position but was still easily held off while he was at his weakest point.

I don't think I could have made that timing attack any stronger, using a couple tanks would actually have worked against me as good use of burrowed roaches will cause tanks to blast apart your infantry ball unless you tech strongly to tanks and ravens at the same time, or slowwwly push with turret hopping. Those strategies are perfectly fine, but would have greatly detracted from the strength of a massive infantry timing attack as he took his third, which was the plan for that game.

Perhaps I've been playing TvZ all wrong lately, only a couple of the games I lost to slush over the MLG/ITL series even seemed close. He outplayed me so completely that I started doing old gimmicky 1 base builds that I hadn't used in a long time out of desperation, and they worked better than any of my "solid" strategies. I really felt like I had an inferior economy and army at nearly every point when I tried to butt heads in straight up ground macro battles. Maybe I should revert to my old style of harassing constantly with banshees, thor/hellion drops etc, since Terran have many strong harassment options, they may just not be meant to settle down into a steady macro battle of "standard" armies until a lot of damage has been done.


I feel the same way. I play my brother who is Zerg and I play Terran. And all we do is 1v1 each other for like 2 hours straight until we take a break then play again... and at first I could beat him soundly... but nowadays, it doesn't matter when I push. I do an early 1 base +1 weapons +combat shields push with marine/marauder, I get destroyed by roaches. I FE and he does a quick 3rd, I try to deny when my second tank comes out, he destroys me. At no point in the game do I have a army or economical advantage... and I don't know why.

Obviously we aren't at your level... but we are both fairly good/intelligent (top in our gold divisions having only installed a week ago). At first I felt really strong.. but now I just don't see a chance to attack. The only way for me to beat him is to do cheese/rush/all-ins... and even those rarely work. I honestly dont kow what to do at this point agasint him.
just here
Persev
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States127 Posts
May 11 2010 23:42 GMT
#70
Thank you for Great write up and awesome picts with great captions!
Be nice!
eXNewB
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 11:04:48
May 12 2010 11:02 GMT
#71
who would've known doing the same terran strategy over and over again through out the whole tournament (while deviating very little(OOHH BANSHEES !!)) wouldve landed him this far... but really? was I the only one watching those games or did the T just not learn from the earlier games in the series...

foreigners are gonna get dominated so hard when the koreans are unleashed, I can't wait!!!!

But. shouts to TL and their amazingness! Too bad they didn't host this many tournaments with just original BW.. I hope they keep it up cause it's going to take a fantastic community like this one right here to keep a game like this going...

I wanted Louther to win cause his name is the win, but like Slush said the game hasnt even been released yet.. :D:D
THERES NO WAY HE CAN STOP THOSE HYDRAS!
Powda
Profile Joined February 2010
United States116 Posts
May 12 2010 18:35 GMT
#72
After watching all the slush/cauthonluck replays I fully attribute locks losses to a lack fo medivacs. Each battle he had between 3-4 vacs that slush focus the second the battle began. MM v roach/hydra/ling/infestor is noting without the 3rd M
1a2a3a4a
ROOTCatZ
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Peru1238 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 19:58:04
May 12 2010 19:51 GMT
#73
On May 10 2010 14:58 TheAntZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2010 04:29 iG.CatZ wrote:
? TT1 you won craftcup, gj, but that's the first thing you've done since the beta came out... maybe you'll be invited to the next one... i didn't get invited either, we need to become more popular, yes, but that's only up to us.

lol, including yourself in the same category as TT1
hilarious


TheAntZ I am not comparing myself to TT1, you're always flaming for some reason, i don't even know who you are, I am making a statement, and in an effort to explain to TT1 for whom i have much respect as a player and a person, I added myself as another example, i could've used someone, or rather anyone else. But it'd seem as if i were whining about them not being invited to the event, and I was trying to do the exact opposite.

In any other way you can possibly look at this, i've only played TT1 a couple times, if memory serves me right, i won with my zerg and lost with my random (T), if you must know, and to make this simple without offending anyone ; If you combined all of the players invited and added up their individual wins // loses against me, i'd be up without a doubt, so yes, using myself as an example seemed the way to go when addressing TT1 about this tour, not you or anyone else, him. I do apologize though, next time i'll make sure to say "TheAntZ wasnt invited either bro, its a'll good"


Progamerwww.root-gaming.com
DrSmoke
Profile Joined April 2010
United States175 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-13 13:18:31
May 13 2010 13:17 GMT
#74
I'm checking out /nevake's youtube channel right now. I see all the replays there, but none are casted so far?

Whats the deal with that, are only some of the games casted? Are the replays on this channel meant to be just replays, and casts are elsewhere?

I was wanting to just watch the whole tourny from the RO 16.
roemy
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany432 Posts
May 13 2010 20:08 GMT
#75
i might start an inofficial fanclub for TheLouderOne
o/
rock is fine.. paper could need a buff, but scissors have to be nerfed
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
May 14 2010 01:47 GMT
#76
wow screenshots have epic graphics!
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
May 14 2010 01:49 GMT
#77
On May 10 2010 02:59 kudlaty_true wrote:
So how can I watch those now? Some youtube or something?

should be on Nevake channel
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
Dokemion
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines9 Posts
May 14 2010 08:37 GMT
#78
--- Nuked ---
Crimson)S(hadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Philippines935 Posts
May 14 2010 13:28 GMT
#79
and the Jay-Z song was on
and the Jay-Z song was on
and the Jay-Z song was on

so i put my hands up, they playin my song
the butterflies fly fly away
noddin my head like yeah
movin my hips like yeah
got my hands up, they playin my song
i know im gonna be ok
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its a party in the USA
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its a party in the USA
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its a party in the USA
"It's the end of the BW era which i devoted everything to for 10 years. I tried playing sc2, but my BW memories run too deep; I felt like I was playing an entirely different game" -ToSsGirL
ZeaLL
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada53 Posts
May 14 2010 19:39 GMT
#80
Not to sound like a broken record but reading through this I am so impressed with the writeup, very descriptive but not too long and boring, great pictures to accompany the descriptions. I just wish there was somewhere to download a replay pack I'd love to see some of these matches.

Slush is good, I'd love to see more of his games, seems a tad arrogant though.
Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 71
SortOf 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2355
Shinee 64
NotJumperer 16
Noble 10
Icarus 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1416
NeuroSwarm203
League of Legends
JimRising 680
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft578
Other Games
summit1g7258
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0353
PiGStarcraft262
ArmadaUGS48
RuFF_SC221
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick953
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream402
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota294
League of Legends
• Lourlo1353
• Rush1053
• Stunt285
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.