• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:29
CEST 01:29
KST 08:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7309 users

Sweet Summer Mafia - Page 216

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 214 215 216 217 218 280 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 14 2024 06:45 GMT
#4301
On June 14 2024 09:14 AlphaZero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 09:11 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On June 14 2024 09:08 AlphaZero wrote:
im going to be thoroughly unpleasant to deal with in the post game if scott is mafia,

what are you talking about?


If scott is mafia, and i get pushed off his wagon day one and day 3, im going to complain.

The thing is. He isnt.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 14 2024 06:49 GMT
#4302
On June 14 2024 09:27 Grackaroni wrote:
Day Three Vote Count

Mocsta (5): die_meatbaby, raynpelikoneet, AlphaZero, Alakaslam, Vivax
die_meatbaby (1): Koshi, Vivax
AlphaZero (1); Scott31337, Mocsta
Scott31337 (0): Trfel, AlphaZero, Alakaslam

Not Voting: Trfel, Mocsta

With 5 votes, Mocsta is currently set to be lynched!

The deadline is Saturday, Jun 15 2:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), which is in


Koshi first post in the game:
On June 09 2024 13:17 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 11:05 Oatsmaster wrote:
Koshi what did your role pm say

That I am mafia with marv, mocsta and sandroba.

I had a good night of sleep.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
June 14 2024 06:51 GMT
#4303
On June 14 2024 15:41 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 15:33 Mocsta wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:32 Trfel wrote:
Read your first post. I respect the work you put into it but I'm honestly not sure if there is a distinct difference that I would put a lot of confidence in. This may be due to my aversion to meta reads though.

I just don't like to clear someone if I am not 100% sure. I've seen so many games go awry due to clearing someone for poor reasons and then making up reasons to find other people mafia as a result. Imo if you just keep most people on the table and look for reasons to suspect people instead of reasons to clear people, you're better off.
That's fair and understandable.

I think the most important part was the last paragraph about sandroba this game though? Do you disagree?
I think it makes sense in the context that sandroba probably didn't expect to go afk for so long. I think it's quite reasonable for mafia to vote a partner early in a day tbh. If they can defend themselves, great, just say their defense makes sense and you changed your mind! If not, you have an early bus, and they probably weren't surviving anyway.

Scott31337 being mafia doesn't feel right to me so I am open to that being wrong. I do have a little more confidence in the die_meatbaby vote.
yeahi agree about voting early in the day -> you are talking about optionality.. and to me, AlphaZero goes about optionality slightly differently.

i mean, i know people say they dont understand my read progressions. yet, this is completely different to AZ where people distill his sandroba read as town, even though he has posts to defend he thought sandroba was scummy

the actions do not line up with the words & it is the actions that i believe led people like me (maybe rayn) to mentalise that az townread sandroba
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 14 2024 06:51 GMT
#4304
On June 14 2024 15:49 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 09:27 Grackaroni wrote:
Day Three Vote Count

Mocsta (5): die_meatbaby, raynpelikoneet, AlphaZero, Alakaslam, Vivax
die_meatbaby (1): Koshi, Vivax
AlphaZero (1); Scott31337, Mocsta
Scott31337 (0): Trfel, AlphaZero, Alakaslam

Not Voting: Trfel, Mocsta

With 5 votes, Mocsta is currently set to be lynched!

The deadline is Saturday, Jun 15 2:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), which is in


Koshi first post in the game:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 13:17 Koshi wrote:
On June 09 2024 11:05 Oatsmaster wrote:
Koshi what did your role pm say

That I am mafia with marv, mocsta and sandroba.

I suppose if you and Mocsta are mafia you'd be at a 75% read accuracy, which is pretty impressive for having just replaced in
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 14 2024 06:52 GMT
#4305
On June 14 2024 10:25 Mocsta wrote:
I'm not playing anymore

Go ahead and vote me off

Last post
Which you can reread after my town flip

I am not voting this cycle either as a fuck you to Rayn
He's just butthurt he got a few votes last cycle. That's it

Putting this game on pause for half a day was really good to crystalize some thoughts

Firstly, I stand by this for post game that the rayn/az mason is an important parcel.of information for how d2 went down when talking about bussing optionality.
We very likely expect d1 mafia received whisper and did not use.
Presumably it is the same d3 as no one has said they are masoned.

I conclude d2 Rayn/az is either town town or one is mafia.

Why is this relevant.
We don't know what was said but we know both players must remain increasingly consistent and cautious compared to theead-only players.

My point is this. I thought alpha townread sandroba regardless of what was in filter
Even Rayn my biggest antagonist agrees he thought alpha townread sandroba because of filter.

I don't believe Rayn is scum at all. He will say it's to save my neck I will say it's because I have seen what I expect from town Rayn which is an intelligent player that likes his butt being licked real clean and I just won't do that. I never agreed that one post was a good reason to lynch sandroba and here I am now burning as if a witch when I bleed the same as the rest of yoh. That's precisely why I think Rayn is town.

Alpha is scum.
His game is a fancy take on poilicy ynch.. you are not playing with correct principles.. even burn as a witch Rayn does not take it that far.

Alpha because he started captivating with some red flags has been a big contributor for the shit town culture of d1 and d2. Again I stand by that if somehow he was town.
His game has already allowed him an out which he throws out ready to go.. again. Town might like this because it feels good yet who else is doing this? Fuckn no one else because it's scummy and defensive instead of solving the game.

I'm not sure why koshi thought alpha rage fuxk you was legit. The post was clearly manicured which completely goes against the idea of rage.

Alphazero is my top scum read. I don't know who he is partnered with. Probably one of dmb or vivax.

I don't know how to choose. I agree with sandroba here who agrees with trfel that dmb could be beneficial to take out regardless of alignment when you to the last scum. Not this lynch.

Lastly Scott who is controversial. I spent this morning reviewing past game. Firstly his games are really low post count yet even going to d4 mafia in some his style/meta is very clear..

Again read this through eyes of town once I flip. Scott is town.
His mafia game is fundamentally very different and more narrative driven.

Yes Scott has shifted since n2 and I believe it's completely town plausible based on:
1. He feels vindicated with sandroba lynch
2. Was assuming less heat in him accordingly
3. Felt more puzzle pieces in place to solve game

It's a natural confidence boost.
The mental state 12 hrs ago no idea.. like trfel i ignore it

I will vote alpha for those who see the light

I have no response for Rayn. I'm town I've been completely honest with him and he is tunneled. I don't have the time to prove to him I'm town so here I burn.. like it doesn't matter what I say to Rayn. He won't take it I and accept.

Rayn again because of this. I believe you are town. Yep that's the type of player I look at you as even though yes I respect you are very good.

[B##vote: alphazero



The alpha push pull plus mason logs combination should not
be ignored.






[/b]
Yeah Mocsta is town and the final answer is

DMB/AZ
I had a good night of sleep.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 14 2024 06:53 GMT
#4306
On June 14 2024 15:51 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 15:41 Trfel wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:33 Mocsta wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:32 Trfel wrote:
Read your first post. I respect the work you put into it but I'm honestly not sure if there is a distinct difference that I would put a lot of confidence in. This may be due to my aversion to meta reads though.

I just don't like to clear someone if I am not 100% sure. I've seen so many games go awry due to clearing someone for poor reasons and then making up reasons to find other people mafia as a result. Imo if you just keep most people on the table and look for reasons to suspect people instead of reasons to clear people, you're better off.
That's fair and understandable.

I think the most important part was the last paragraph about sandroba this game though? Do you disagree?
I think it makes sense in the context that sandroba probably didn't expect to go afk for so long. I think it's quite reasonable for mafia to vote a partner early in a day tbh. If they can defend themselves, great, just say their defense makes sense and you changed your mind! If not, you have an early bus, and they probably weren't surviving anyway.

Scott31337 being mafia doesn't feel right to me so I am open to that being wrong. I do have a little more confidence in the die_meatbaby vote.
yeahi agree about voting early in the day -> you are talking about optionality.. and to me, AlphaZero goes about optionality slightly differently.

i mean, i know people say they dont understand my read progressions. yet, this is completely different to AZ where people distill his sandroba read as town, even though he has posts to defend he thought sandroba was scummy

the actions do not line up with the words & it is the actions that i believe led people like me (maybe rayn) to mentalise that az townread sandroba
I'm sorry, could I ask for clarification about what you mean here? Is this supposed to be a reason to suspect AlphaZero? Is it because he says things about being suspicious about sandroba but also is defending sandroba?

Because that wasn't my interpretation of what happened tbh.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 14 2024 06:54 GMT
#4307
On June 14 2024 15:52 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 10:25 Mocsta wrote:
I'm not playing anymore

Go ahead and vote me off

Last post
Which you can reread after my town flip

I am not voting this cycle either as a fuck you to Rayn
He's just butthurt he got a few votes last cycle. That's it

Putting this game on pause for half a day was really good to crystalize some thoughts

Firstly, I stand by this for post game that the rayn/az mason is an important parcel.of information for how d2 went down when talking about bussing optionality.
We very likely expect d1 mafia received whisper and did not use.
Presumably it is the same d3 as no one has said they are masoned.

I conclude d2 Rayn/az is either town town or one is mafia.

Why is this relevant.
We don't know what was said but we know both players must remain increasingly consistent and cautious compared to theead-only players.

My point is this. I thought alpha townread sandroba regardless of what was in filter
Even Rayn my biggest antagonist agrees he thought alpha townread sandroba because of filter.

I don't believe Rayn is scum at all. He will say it's to save my neck I will say it's because I have seen what I expect from town Rayn which is an intelligent player that likes his butt being licked real clean and I just won't do that. I never agreed that one post was a good reason to lynch sandroba and here I am now burning as if a witch when I bleed the same as the rest of yoh. That's precisely why I think Rayn is town.

Alpha is scum.
His game is a fancy take on poilicy ynch.. you are not playing with correct principles.. even burn as a witch Rayn does not take it that far.

Alpha because he started captivating with some red flags has been a big contributor for the shit town culture of d1 and d2. Again I stand by that if somehow he was town.
His game has already allowed him an out which he throws out ready to go.. again. Town might like this because it feels good yet who else is doing this? Fuckn no one else because it's scummy and defensive instead of solving the game.

I'm not sure why koshi thought alpha rage fuxk you was legit. The post was clearly manicured which completely goes against the idea of rage.

Alphazero is my top scum read. I don't know who he is partnered with. Probably one of dmb or vivax.

I don't know how to choose. I agree with sandroba here who agrees with trfel that dmb could be beneficial to take out regardless of alignment when you to the last scum. Not this lynch.

Lastly Scott who is controversial. I spent this morning reviewing past game. Firstly his games are really low post count yet even going to d4 mafia in some his style/meta is very clear..

Again read this through eyes of town once I flip. Scott is town.
His mafia game is fundamentally very different and more narrative driven.

Yes Scott has shifted since n2 and I believe it's completely town plausible based on:
1. He feels vindicated with sandroba lynch
2. Was assuming less heat in him accordingly
3. Felt more puzzle pieces in place to solve game

It's a natural confidence boost.
The mental state 12 hrs ago no idea.. like trfel i ignore it

I will vote alpha for those who see the light

I have no response for Rayn. I'm town I've been completely honest with him and he is tunneled. I don't have the time to prove to him I'm town so here I burn.. like it doesn't matter what I say to Rayn. He won't take it I and accept.

Rayn again because of this. I believe you are town. Yep that's the type of player I look at you as even though yes I respect you are very good.

[B##vote: alphazero



The alpha push pull plus mason logs combination should not
be ignored.







Yeah Mocsta is town and the final answer is

DMB/AZ
[/b]But that drops you down to a measly 25% first post read accuracy

That's like... the RNG rate. So much for bragging points I guess.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 14 2024 06:56 GMT
#4308
Also @Mocsta, if at any time you want to focus on work or family or other things I completely get it and respect that. I don't want to interfere with your life, you've already put a lot of time into this game with a 19 page filter and lots of analysis and all. While I appreciate the help, I don't want to interfere with other things you have going on.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 14 2024 06:58 GMT
#4309
On June 14 2024 15:54 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 15:52 Koshi wrote:
On June 14 2024 10:25 Mocsta wrote:
I'm not playing anymore

Go ahead and vote me off

Last post
Which you can reread after my town flip

I am not voting this cycle either as a fuck you to Rayn
He's just butthurt he got a few votes last cycle. That's it

Putting this game on pause for half a day was really good to crystalize some thoughts

Firstly, I stand by this for post game that the rayn/az mason is an important parcel.of information for how d2 went down when talking about bussing optionality.
We very likely expect d1 mafia received whisper and did not use.
Presumably it is the same d3 as no one has said they are masoned.

I conclude d2 Rayn/az is either town town or one is mafia.

Why is this relevant.
We don't know what was said but we know both players must remain increasingly consistent and cautious compared to theead-only players.

My point is this. I thought alpha townread sandroba regardless of what was in filter
Even Rayn my biggest antagonist agrees he thought alpha townread sandroba because of filter.

I don't believe Rayn is scum at all. He will say it's to save my neck I will say it's because I have seen what I expect from town Rayn which is an intelligent player that likes his butt being licked real clean and I just won't do that. I never agreed that one post was a good reason to lynch sandroba and here I am now burning as if a witch when I bleed the same as the rest of yoh. That's precisely why I think Rayn is town.

Alpha is scum.
His game is a fancy take on poilicy ynch.. you are not playing with correct principles.. even burn as a witch Rayn does not take it that far.

Alpha because he started captivating with some red flags has been a big contributor for the shit town culture of d1 and d2. Again I stand by that if somehow he was town.
His game has already allowed him an out which he throws out ready to go.. again. Town might like this because it feels good yet who else is doing this? Fuckn no one else because it's scummy and defensive instead of solving the game.

I'm not sure why koshi thought alpha rage fuxk you was legit. The post was clearly manicured which completely goes against the idea of rage.

Alphazero is my top scum read. I don't know who he is partnered with. Probably one of dmb or vivax.

I don't know how to choose. I agree with sandroba here who agrees with trfel that dmb could be beneficial to take out regardless of alignment when you to the last scum. Not this lynch.

Lastly Scott who is controversial. I spent this morning reviewing past game. Firstly his games are really low post count yet even going to d4 mafia in some his style/meta is very clear..

Again read this through eyes of town once I flip. Scott is town.
His mafia game is fundamentally very different and more narrative driven.

Yes Scott has shifted since n2 and I believe it's completely town plausible based on:
1. He feels vindicated with sandroba lynch
2. Was assuming less heat in him accordingly
3. Felt more puzzle pieces in place to solve game

It's a natural confidence boost.
The mental state 12 hrs ago no idea.. like trfel i ignore it

I will vote alpha for those who see the light

I have no response for Rayn. I'm town I've been completely honest with him and he is tunneled. I don't have the time to prove to him I'm town so here I burn.. like it doesn't matter what I say to Rayn. He won't take it I and accept.

Rayn again because of this. I believe you are town. Yep that's the type of player I look at you as even though yes I respect you are very good.

[B##vote: alphazero



The alpha push pull plus mason logs combination should not
be ignored.







Yeah Mocsta is town and the final answer is

DMB/AZ
But that drops you down to a measly 25% first post read accuracy

That's like... the RNG rate. So much for bragging points I guess.
[/b]
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 14 2024 06:59 GMT
#4310
Look guys. We need to kill the girl.
It's simple.

Tomorrow we decide if it is AZ/Mocsta/Scott as third.

I said it before.

Kill small fishes first.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 14 2024 06:59 GMT
#4311
I am officially launching a nuke towards dmb.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 14 2024 07:00 GMT
#4312
I wonder if rayn is using all his sandroba kred to save dmb today.
I had a good night of sleep.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
June 14 2024 07:01 GMT
#4313
On June 14 2024 15:53 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 15:51 Mocsta wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:41 Trfel wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:33 Mocsta wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:32 Trfel wrote:
Read your first post. I respect the work you put into it but I'm honestly not sure if there is a distinct difference that I would put a lot of confidence in. This may be due to my aversion to meta reads though.

I just don't like to clear someone if I am not 100% sure. I've seen so many games go awry due to clearing someone for poor reasons and then making up reasons to find other people mafia as a result. Imo if you just keep most people on the table and look for reasons to suspect people instead of reasons to clear people, you're better off.
That's fair and understandable.

I think the most important part was the last paragraph about sandroba this game though? Do you disagree?
I think it makes sense in the context that sandroba probably didn't expect to go afk for so long. I think it's quite reasonable for mafia to vote a partner early in a day tbh. If they can defend themselves, great, just say their defense makes sense and you changed your mind! If not, you have an early bus, and they probably weren't surviving anyway.

Scott31337 being mafia doesn't feel right to me so I am open to that being wrong. I do have a little more confidence in the die_meatbaby vote.
yeahi agree about voting early in the day -> you are talking about optionality.. and to me, AlphaZero goes about optionality slightly differently.

i mean, i know people say they dont understand my read progressions. yet, this is completely different to AZ where people distill his sandroba read as town, even though he has posts to defend he thought sandroba was scummy

the actions do not line up with the words & it is the actions that i believe led people like me (maybe rayn) to mentalise that az townread sandroba
I'm sorry, could I ask for clarification about what you mean here? Is this supposed to be a reason to suspect AlphaZero? Is it because he says things about being suspicious about sandroba but also is defending sandroba?

Because that wasn't my interpretation of what happened tbh.
damn right its a reason to be suspicious of anyone whose words dont match behaviours. that applies in real-life and in this game we call mafia.

we all saw in d1 how calculated alphazero can be with his approach to [b]command[/b[ attention.
the expectations for words and behaviour *should* be higher for az than in comparison to for example slam
its inexcusable that a player who command attention can have multiple people misread his intentions in such a push-pull way.

Again, i stress this is not the same as me. with me, people do not understand how i connect A to Y (chose now to right Z for AZ lol)

And yeah, i tsbecause clearly i seem to skip every letter inbetween and go ta-da

I'm not accusing AlphaZero of that at all.

I am accusing him that the pathway from A to B to C is too clean, meticulous and curated
Thats not town play.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
June 14 2024 07:02 GMT
#4314
On June 14 2024 15:56 Trfel wrote:
Also @Mocsta, if at any time you want to focus on work or family or other things I completely get it and respect that. I don't want to interfere with your life, you've already put a lot of time into this game with a 19 page filter and lots of analysis and all. While I appreciate the help, I don't want to interfere with other things you have going on.

kids come home in an hour
and then thats it

i wake up, enjoy the morning and see who gets voted

i do hope its not me but will be what it is

appreciate you took the time to talk to me and help me to show my thought process to the others

i needed that. thank you
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
June 14 2024 07:04 GMT
#4315
On June 14 2024 15:59 Koshi wrote:
Look guys. We need to kill the girl.
It's simple.

Tomorrow we decide if it is AZ/Mocsta/Scott as third.

I said it before.

Kill small fishes first.
i dont want to be an outstander like last vote

trfel is my best town read, and im going to sheep him today

if he chooses to vote me, i will stick with az
AlphaZero
Profile Joined June 2024
Korea (South)759 Posts
June 14 2024 07:09 GMT
#4316
On June 14 2024 15:52 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 10:25 Mocsta wrote:
I'm not playing anymore

Go ahead and vote me off

Last post
Which you can reread after my town flip

I am not voting this cycle either as a fuck you to Rayn
He's just butthurt he got a few votes last cycle. That's it

Putting this game on pause for half a day was really good to crystalize some thoughts

Firstly, I stand by this for post game that the rayn/az mason is an important parcel.of information for how d2 went down when talking about bussing optionality.
We very likely expect d1 mafia received whisper and did not use.
Presumably it is the same d3 as no one has said they are masoned.

I conclude d2 Rayn/az is either town town or one is mafia.

Why is this relevant.
We don't know what was said but we know both players must remain increasingly consistent and cautious compared to theead-only players.

My point is this. I thought alpha townread sandroba regardless of what was in filter
Even Rayn my biggest antagonist agrees he thought alpha townread sandroba because of filter.

I don't believe Rayn is scum at all. He will say it's to save my neck I will say it's because I have seen what I expect from town Rayn which is an intelligent player that likes his butt being licked real clean and I just won't do that. I never agreed that one post was a good reason to lynch sandroba and here I am now burning as if a witch when I bleed the same as the rest of yoh. That's precisely why I think Rayn is town.

Alpha is scum.
His game is a fancy take on poilicy ynch.. you are not playing with correct principles.. even burn as a witch Rayn does not take it that far.

Alpha because he started captivating with some red flags has been a big contributor for the shit town culture of d1 and d2. Again I stand by that if somehow he was town.
His game has already allowed him an out which he throws out ready to go.. again. Town might like this because it feels good yet who else is doing this? Fuckn no one else because it's scummy and defensive instead of solving the game.

I'm not sure why koshi thought alpha rage fuxk you was legit. The post was clearly manicured which completely goes against the idea of rage.

Alphazero is my top scum read. I don't know who he is partnered with. Probably one of dmb or vivax.

I don't know how to choose. I agree with sandroba here who agrees with trfel that dmb could be beneficial to take out regardless of alignment when you to the last scum. Not this lynch.

Lastly Scott who is controversial. I spent this morning reviewing past game. Firstly his games are really low post count yet even going to d4 mafia in some his style/meta is very clear..

Again read this through eyes of town once I flip. Scott is town.
His mafia game is fundamentally very different and more narrative driven.

Yes Scott has shifted since n2 and I believe it's completely town plausible based on:
1. He feels vindicated with sandroba lynch
2. Was assuming less heat in him accordingly
3. Felt more puzzle pieces in place to solve game

It's a natural confidence boost.
The mental state 12 hrs ago no idea.. like trfel i ignore it

I will vote alpha for those who see the light

I have no response for Rayn. I'm town I've been completely honest with him and he is tunneled. I don't have the time to prove to him I'm town so here I burn.. like it doesn't matter what I say to Rayn. He won't take it I and accept.

Rayn again because of this. I believe you are town. Yep that's the type of player I look at you as even though yes I respect you are very good.

[B##vote: alphazero



The alpha push pull plus mason logs combination should not
be ignored.







Yeah Mocsta is town and the final answer is

DMB/AZ
[/b]

Wrong.
"AlphaZero: Four Hours to World Class from a Standing Start"
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 14 2024 07:12 GMT
#4317
Okay I know I messed it up too but if anyone quotes that again can we please delete the extra end bold tag? ><
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 14 2024 07:14 GMT
#4318
On June 14 2024 16:01 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 15:53 Trfel wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:51 Mocsta wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:41 Trfel wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:33 Mocsta wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:32 Trfel wrote:
Read your first post. I respect the work you put into it but I'm honestly not sure if there is a distinct difference that I would put a lot of confidence in. This may be due to my aversion to meta reads though.

I just don't like to clear someone if I am not 100% sure. I've seen so many games go awry due to clearing someone for poor reasons and then making up reasons to find other people mafia as a result. Imo if you just keep most people on the table and look for reasons to suspect people instead of reasons to clear people, you're better off.
That's fair and understandable.

I think the most important part was the last paragraph about sandroba this game though? Do you disagree?
I think it makes sense in the context that sandroba probably didn't expect to go afk for so long. I think it's quite reasonable for mafia to vote a partner early in a day tbh. If they can defend themselves, great, just say their defense makes sense and you changed your mind! If not, you have an early bus, and they probably weren't surviving anyway.

Scott31337 being mafia doesn't feel right to me so I am open to that being wrong. I do have a little more confidence in the die_meatbaby vote.
yeahi agree about voting early in the day -> you are talking about optionality.. and to me, AlphaZero goes about optionality slightly differently.

i mean, i know people say they dont understand my read progressions. yet, this is completely different to AZ where people distill his sandroba read as town, even though he has posts to defend he thought sandroba was scummy

the actions do not line up with the words & it is the actions that i believe led people like me (maybe rayn) to mentalise that az townread sandroba
I'm sorry, could I ask for clarification about what you mean here? Is this supposed to be a reason to suspect AlphaZero? Is it because he says things about being suspicious about sandroba but also is defending sandroba?

Because that wasn't my interpretation of what happened tbh.
damn right its a reason to be suspicious of anyone whose words dont match behaviours. that applies in real-life and in this game we call mafia.

we all saw in d1 how calculated alphazero can be with his approach to [b]command[/b[ attention.
the expectations for words and behaviour *should* be higher for az than in comparison to for example slam
its inexcusable that a player who command attention can have multiple people misread his intentions in such a push-pull way.

Again, i stress this is not the same as me. with me, people do not understand how i connect A to Y (chose now to right Z for AZ lol)

And yeah, i tsbecause clearly i seem to skip every letter inbetween and go ta-da

I'm not accusing AlphaZero of that at all.

I am accusing him that the pathway from A to B to C is too clean, meticulous and curated
Thats not town play.
I guess I thought AlphaZero's stance on sandroba was pretty clear, but maybe I'm somehow the only one? I have a really hard time thinking about this as AlphaZero's fault instead of the rest of yours though, tbh. Unless that's not what you're saying, I'm a little confused because for the first 2/3 of the post you seem to be saying that AlphaZero is scummy because he failed to communicate his view on flipped mafia sandroba in a way that others can understand, and in the last 1/3 you seem to be saying that his play is too clean and that makes it look fake. I guess I'm just not sure which one it is, or is it both? But they seem a little mutually exclusive, no?

Also, I really wouldn't recommend sheeping me, I have no idea what's what. You have been much more present and involved than I have for a while now, trust yourself. You're more than capable, you've got this.
Complete side note but... what if something stupid happened, like sandroba saw his role PM and was like, "this sucks, I don't want to play as mafia" so he went to his mafia chat and was like, "hey guys I don't want to play as mafia, I'm gonna do next to nothing, just bus me" and then rsoultin busses him and we're so bad that we still don't lynch him and eventually sandroba flips and there are a lot of associative reasons to townread mafia members, just because sandroba didn't want to play as mafia?

I don't mean to say that this is particularly likely, but I'd also say it's far from impossible, no? Maybe it's just me being bad at associate reads but I'd much, much, much rather read people mostly based on their own play. I just think there are so many fewer ways to screw it up.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 14 2024 07:15 GMT
#4319
On June 14 2024 16:09 AlphaZero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 15:52 Koshi wrote:
On June 14 2024 10:25 Mocsta wrote:
I'm not playing anymore

Go ahead and vote me off

Last post
Which you can reread after my town flip

I am not voting this cycle either as a fuck you to Rayn
He's just butthurt he got a few votes last cycle. That's it

Putting this game on pause for half a day was really good to crystalize some thoughts

Firstly, I stand by this for post game that the rayn/az mason is an important parcel.of information for how d2 went down when talking about bussing optionality.
We very likely expect d1 mafia received whisper and did not use.
Presumably it is the same d3 as no one has said they are masoned.

I conclude d2 Rayn/az is either town town or one is mafia.

Why is this relevant.
We don't know what was said but we know both players must remain increasingly consistent and cautious compared to theead-only players.

My point is this. I thought alpha townread sandroba regardless of what was in filter
Even Rayn my biggest antagonist agrees he thought alpha townread sandroba because of filter.

I don't believe Rayn is scum at all. He will say it's to save my neck I will say it's because I have seen what I expect from town Rayn which is an intelligent player that likes his butt being licked real clean and I just won't do that. I never agreed that one post was a good reason to lynch sandroba and here I am now burning as if a witch when I bleed the same as the rest of yoh. That's precisely why I think Rayn is town.

Alpha is scum.
His game is a fancy take on poilicy ynch.. you are not playing with correct principles.. even burn as a witch Rayn does not take it that far.

Alpha because he started captivating with some red flags has been a big contributor for the shit town culture of d1 and d2. Again I stand by that if somehow he was town.
His game has already allowed him an out which he throws out ready to go.. again. Town might like this because it feels good yet who else is doing this? Fuckn no one else because it's scummy and defensive instead of solving the game.

I'm not sure why koshi thought alpha rage fuxk you was legit. The post was clearly manicured which completely goes against the idea of rage.

Alphazero is my top scum read. I don't know who he is partnered with. Probably one of dmb or vivax.

I don't know how to choose. I agree with sandroba here who agrees with trfel that dmb could be beneficial to take out regardless of alignment when you to the last scum. Not this lynch.

Lastly Scott who is controversial. I spent this morning reviewing past game. Firstly his games are really low post count yet even going to d4 mafia in some his style/meta is very clear..

Again read this through eyes of town once I flip. Scott is town.
His mafia game is fundamentally very different and more narrative driven.

Yes Scott has shifted since n2 and I believe it's completely town plausible based on:
1. He feels vindicated with sandroba lynch
2. Was assuming less heat in him accordingly
3. Felt more puzzle pieces in place to solve game

It's a natural confidence boost.
The mental state 12 hrs ago no idea.. like trfel i ignore it

I will vote alpha for those who see the light

I have no response for Rayn. I'm town I've been completely honest with him and he is tunneled. I don't have the time to prove to him I'm town so here I burn.. like it doesn't matter what I say to Rayn. He won't take it I and accept.

Rayn again because of this. I believe you are town. Yep that's the type of player I look at you as even though yes I respect you are very good.

[B##vote: alphazero



The alpha push pull plus mason logs combination should not
be ignored.







Yeah Mocsta is town and the final answer is

DMB/AZ


Wrong.
[/b]
DMB is correct though
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 14 2024 07:15 GMT
#4320
On June 14 2024 16:15 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2024 16:09 AlphaZero wrote:
On June 14 2024 15:52 Koshi wrote:
On June 14 2024 10:25 Mocsta wrote:
I'm not playing anymore

Go ahead and vote me off

Last post
Which you can reread after my town flip

I am not voting this cycle either as a fuck you to Rayn
He's just butthurt he got a few votes last cycle. That's it

Putting this game on pause for half a day was really good to crystalize some thoughts

Firstly, I stand by this for post game that the rayn/az mason is an important parcel.of information for how d2 went down when talking about bussing optionality.
We very likely expect d1 mafia received whisper and did not use.
Presumably it is the same d3 as no one has said they are masoned.

I conclude d2 Rayn/az is either town town or one is mafia.

Why is this relevant.
We don't know what was said but we know both players must remain increasingly consistent and cautious compared to theead-only players.

My point is this. I thought alpha townread sandroba regardless of what was in filter
Even Rayn my biggest antagonist agrees he thought alpha townread sandroba because of filter.

I don't believe Rayn is scum at all. He will say it's to save my neck I will say it's because I have seen what I expect from town Rayn which is an intelligent player that likes his butt being licked real clean and I just won't do that. I never agreed that one post was a good reason to lynch sandroba and here I am now burning as if a witch when I bleed the same as the rest of yoh. That's precisely why I think Rayn is town.

Alpha is scum.
His game is a fancy take on poilicy ynch.. you are not playing with correct principles.. even burn as a witch Rayn does not take it that far.

Alpha because he started captivating with some red flags has been a big contributor for the shit town culture of d1 and d2. Again I stand by that if somehow he was town.
His game has already allowed him an out which he throws out ready to go.. again. Town might like this because it feels good yet who else is doing this? Fuckn no one else because it's scummy and defensive instead of solving the game.

I'm not sure why koshi thought alpha rage fuxk you was legit. The post was clearly manicured which completely goes against the idea of rage.

Alphazero is my top scum read. I don't know who he is partnered with. Probably one of dmb or vivax.

I don't know how to choose. I agree with sandroba here who agrees with trfel that dmb could be beneficial to take out regardless of alignment when you to the last scum. Not this lynch.

Lastly Scott who is controversial. I spent this morning reviewing past game. Firstly his games are really low post count yet even going to d4 mafia in some his style/meta is very clear..

Again read this through eyes of town once I flip. Scott is town.
His mafia game is fundamentally very different and more narrative driven.

Yes Scott has shifted since n2 and I believe it's completely town plausible based on:
1. He feels vindicated with sandroba lynch
2. Was assuming less heat in him accordingly
3. Felt more puzzle pieces in place to solve game

It's a natural confidence boost.
The mental state 12 hrs ago no idea.. like trfel i ignore it

I will vote alpha for those who see the light

I have no response for Rayn. I'm town I've been completely honest with him and he is tunneled. I don't have the time to prove to him I'm town so here I burn.. like it doesn't matter what I say to Rayn. He won't take it I and accept.

Rayn again because of this. I believe you are town. Yep that's the type of player I look at you as even though yes I respect you are very good.

[B##vote: alphazero



The alpha push pull plus mason logs combination should not
be ignored.







Yeah Mocsta is town and the final answer is

DMB/AZ


Wrong.

DMB is correct though
[/b]
Oops I forgot
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 214 215 216 217 218 280 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 609
White-Ra 140
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever541
NeuroSwarm181
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe88
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8639
Liquid`Hasu1272
Trikslyr104
Other Games
summit1g8293
shahzam644
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0264
ArmadaUGS87
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick640
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream305
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1075
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 31m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.