• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:29
CEST 23:29
KST 06:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9525 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 13 2020 20:25 GMT
#4
It would be of poor taste to be joined by you and not join you

/in
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 16 2020 16:22 GMT
#12
On November 16 2020 18:27 GreYMisT wrote:
Since when have you been a mod? Nice to see you

He has been for almost 2 years iirc
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-23 05:50:25
November 23 2020 05:49 GMT
#29
Obligatory CHUPAZI [image loading]
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 07:18 GMT
#30
On November 23 2020 13:26 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2020 09:24 Fecalfeast wrote:
On November 16 2020 18:27 GreYMisT wrote:
Since when have you been a mod? Nice to see you

one year almost exactly

I can do cool stuff like add mod notes to the top of the thread or whatever too


I’m in the private tl discord for admins:D that’s the only privilege I have

I hold no privilege other than my family background.

...

I may possibly be the most privileged arsehole on here for that though. Uhhhhh

If you’re in America (or... probably anywhere in the world but I think they stick to the Americas) support my family! Buy Chevron Texaco gasoline!

... we get a tiny, nigh insignificant cut. Therefore we are deciding what business to buy so I can try to run it in hopes of recapturing that family fortune feeling.

That’s what 4 generations of division will do to a fortune.
I still think Elon Musk is cool. Never mind he is basically undoing the largest source of the old wealth’s profit to my family; we’re already out of relying on that and Aviation will still buy.

But for now! Anyone wanna buy a 60’s V8? Who needs fuel efficiency? I love those assholes who go running around in lifted trucks with fake balls hanging from the tow hitch!

Wait, what? No I don’t; those are idiots and usually skinheads- who would tell my wife “go home”...
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 20:55 GMT
#45
On November 24 2020 05:45 Hapahauli wrote:
Are you sadistic enough to involve yourself in politics? Will you announce your candidacy?

I will.

I think I’m pliable enough to listen to the town and not hijack the lynch with massive 460 mm japanese cannons (lookin’ at you, Yamato) and lynch who we agree upon. I’m open to suggestions and I’m town, I promise!

That being said, I fully intend to add my own opinion and put it out for review.

##Vote: Alakaslam

FF read the day post sir
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 20:56 GMT
#46
On November 24 2020 05:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 05:24 Hapahauli wrote:
Ah, so this is one of those existential mafia games.

Personally, I play mafia to be yelled at by Rayn... and he should be coming any... minute... now...

now exactly

Nah, yell at me about why FF is a better mayor than pliable manipulable slamfish the wet noodle
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 20:56 GMT
#47
He even has a judge’s gavel; all about appearances and no substance from FF! He wasn’t even aware it was a mayoral vote!

Come on!
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 20:57 GMT
#48
(It worked for Biden, maybe it will work for me?)
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 20:58 GMT
#49
Maybe the other side works better

I’m gonna lynch scum, and make the scum give us info from the flips
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 21:16 GMT
#53
On November 24 2020 06:10 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 05:55 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:45 Hapahauli wrote:
Are you sadistic enough to involve yourself in politics? Will you announce your candidacy?

I will.

I think I’m pliable enough to listen to the town and not hijack the lynch with massive 460 mm japanese cannons (lookin’ at you, Yamato) and lynch who we agree upon. I’m open to suggestions and I’m town, I promise!

That being said, I fully intend to add my own opinion and put it out for review.

##Vote: Alakaslam

FF read the day post sir


Is your platform effectively that you will vote for whom the town desires (i.e. who the town "votes for" to be mafia)?


Yes

BUT THAT’s NOT ALL! I will also promise to be productive beyond the mayoral role. I just don’t want someone so good at the game that they get arrogant and do their own will getting elected instead to be honest.

What more could a mayor honestly promise though? To use the bodyguard? Like -_-

But let me read mayoral details again, maybe I am missing something.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 21:18 GMT
#54
Oh pardoner.

Yeah I don’t want that role but if anyone should have that, it’s still me. So many times I have known someone was town but nooo people had to lynch them. But

I won’t get that way as mayor! I’m too pliable!
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 21:30 GMT
#57
On November 24 2020 06:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 05:45 Hapahauli wrote:
Are you sadistic enough to involve yourself in politics? Will you announce your candidacy?

Can you open this up a little bit? What's the agenda behind this? I mean it is quite clear that for any reason TT didn't really care about answering you and you have also posted since so...

I was hoping you would shit on my campaign or vote for me

Looks like hapa was right though, you’re here to question him.

*sigh*

Carry on I guess.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 21:34 GMT
#59
On November 24 2020 06:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 06:18 Alakaslam wrote:
Oh pardoner.

Yeah I don’t want that role but if anyone should have that, it’s still me. So many times I have known someone was town but nooo people had to lynch them. But

I won’t get that way as mayor! I’m too pliable!


Why is pliability a positive trait as a Mayor?
Yamato77, Aperture mafia 42, never forget

Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 06:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:45 Hapahauli wrote:
Are you sadistic enough to involve yourself in politics? Will you announce your candidacy?

Can you open this up a little bit? What's the agenda behind this? I mean it is quite clear that for any reason TT didn't really care about answering you and you have also posted since so...


Just a conversation starter. I figure that people posting about the mayoral election is ever-so-slightly more productive of a topic than other early game "joke-posting". Whether TT responds or not is immaterial.

And agreed.

Pliability is good because then town doesn’t vote in someone who has their own agenda

If I’m pliable, I have no agenda.

Now, it would be better to have a town agenda. But, if I am to be led by town consensus, do I really have a different agenda? I could, but what if town lands on a mafia partner (presuming I was mafia)? Is that a risk I should take right off the bat?

So, I think the campaign is actually in itself (due to timing) it’s own credence to the fact that my pliability is a good thing.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 23:33 GMT
#84
On November 24 2020 06:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 06:35 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 24 2020 06:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay does his non-answer mean anything to you then?


His non-answer is a small fact that may fit into the larger "puzzle" of his filter and play later on.

It does not mean anything to me without additional context.

Is there any reason that you are "boldly" reading TT as town early on? I kinda get that his game "contrasts" from the last one in that he is early/active/loosely-posting, but that's a pretty small sample size to be making any strong reads.

Okay, we'll see about that later on then. Then i am also not gonna post the follow up i was going to yet.

Yes that's the reason i am reading him town so far. The read is as strong as any half-an-hour-to-the-game-read can be. So yeah, not strong but the strongest i have so far.

Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 06:30 Alakaslam wrote:
I was hoping you would shit on my campaign or vote for me

Looks like hapa was right though, you’re here to question him.

You are right i am. Because honestly i want either him or me to be the mayor. I dont really care which one in case he is town. Because of two things i think that; One, the mayor has a bodyguard. In case hapa is town and mayor he becomes even "more very very valuable" asset to the town as it will take at least two night for mafia to get rid of him. I obviously also think i am better than anyone else (or at least on par) so the same goes for me. Two, you have a tendency to "drop out" at times and/or forget/fail to send in actions/properly read the game, and therefore i can name other people too that would in my opinion be more valuable as mayor in case they are town. I also dont like you take on the pardoner, but i dont think that means anything towards your alignment. Pardoner should pretty much never use the power. Period.

That’s more like it!

Two words:
Paternity leave.


I have zero excuses this game for failing to submit anything. If you need more words for reassurance:

Noon deadline. Literally could not be a more convenient time for me.

Still don’t feel like I have an exception this game?

Paternity leave means I am at home. I don’t even have to phonepost.

The town will decide. Just know that I ran. And I ran right away. And I do want the position and will continue to campaign for it.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 23:35 GMT
#85
On November 24 2020 08:21 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Let's be bold and say that TT is town this game.
I have to agree with you, that is quite bold indeed
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Youre wrong.
Fair enough, I suppose we'll see eventually.

In other news, I kinda like Alakaslam this game. Which likely means he's mafia, he has a tendency to be the opposite alignment of whatever I think he is

If possible, I think it may be wise to control the votes such that all of the votes are on the same person, thus making there no Pardoner as there is no one in second place (or would it then be randomized... so many questions). Though unfortunately that seems very difficult to control, and if it's possible to vote for oneself, it may be worthwhile for mafia to ninja vote because it would take two lynches to eliminate them. Maybe not such a good idea after all. Ah well.

Hi all Any thoughts about Alakaslam?

I disagree. That gives pardoner to mafia as you say here? What?

You are saying you town read me and therefore scum read me?

Not good sir collect thoughts or get caught
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 23:41 GMT
#89
Anyway I was gonna point out that it is not wise to want 2 mayoral candidates to be specific people but rather to prefer that there are two and sus rayn and hapa on that.

But given trfel I am no longer feeling that. I’m just like what is trfel doing and at least rayn could be genuine rather than scum with hapa, in fact by hamblin’s razor (not sure if I spelled that right) is the most likely thing.

Or is it occam’s? Whatever. Point is I still think I should be mayor because Hapa and Rayn can influence me if needed and they are both just as capable of royally screwing town if they are scum and get elected whereas I am known to pretty much suck and universally get caught as scum.

Sure, I’m great at avoiding a couple lynches but I don’t have a whole lot of actual scum wins under my belt, check the record.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 23:54 GMT
#94
On November 24 2020 08:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont think Hapa is that capable of screwing town if elected. Although i dont think he is ever going to get elected if he in fact is mafia.

Ok. Agree to disagree on that as I TR you.

I think Hapa can pull off a bit of scum trouble even if he isn’t elected- if he is scum. But if he isn’t running then it’s you (and FF, our Jo Jorgensen) I am running against.

So am I Trump or Biden? I don’t wanna be Trump OR Biden. Maybe you don’t wanna either.

Let’s be Bush or Clinton
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 23:55 GMT
#95
On November 24 2020 08:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:41 Alakaslam wrote:
I still think I should be mayor because Hapa and Rayn can influence me if needed and they are both just as capable of royally screwing town if they are scum and get elected whereas I am known to pretty much suck and universally get caught as scum.

Why should you be elected because of this?

Because I am impotent, and also town. So I am not able to do as much damage with the role as...

Arrogant persons

Or mafia. I will be obedient.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 23 2020 23:56 GMT
#96
On November 24 2020 08:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
You should be mayor because hapa or rayn can just as easily "control" you as they can control the lynch as mafia!mayor???????????

Essentially! Town will listen to you! They won’t listen to me for shit though, other than to discern my alignment.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 00:12 GMT
#101
On November 24 2020 08:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:52 Trfel wrote:
For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.

I think i agree with other parts of your post, but why would Slam NOT candidate himself as mayor as mafia? Why would anyone, regardless of alignment, per se not wanna be mayor?

Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why do you think there is 3 mafia?
Slight possibility, no? Given the KP formula in the setup post rather than just saying 1 KP.

really? so mylo D2 if the mayor lynches town? even worse if the mayor/pardoner happens to be mafia....

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

Why is hapa NOT campaigning then?

And, as mafia, sure as shit I wouldn’t run. It’s in my history, and here’s why:

It’s a position that will give you away. It’s powers, but misuse of them paints a target on your back. Something mafia don’t need.

So there’s a reason mafia would not want to run. How a out for town?

Maybe someone who doesn’t think they can make convincing use of the roles powers as compared to another player (because somehow they think that is better than letting town have a more normal day 1 and lynch the agreed upon scummy ahitter)...

So, basically there are plenty of reasons not everyone will just up and vote themself.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
JuggernautJason111
Nina 66
ViBE24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18096
Soulkey 215
White-Ra 188
Mini 153
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever145
League of Legends
Doublelift3207
Counter-Strike
fl0m1379
shoxiejesuss441
C9.Mang0182
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4749
Khaldor1882
Liquid`Hasu1301
Trikslyr49
Other Games
summit1g5242
ArmadaUGS2938
shahzam480
B2W.Neo457
Pyrionflax193
ZombieGrub103
Mew2King48
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 23
• davetesta17
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• HerbMon 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade929
• Noizen90
Other Games
• Scarra1116
• imaqtpie1073
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 31m
OSC
15h 31m
Stellar Fest
15h 31m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.