• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:00
CEST 17:00
KST 00:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7997 users

[T][M] Resistance VI - Page 71

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 115 Next
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
February 08 2017 22:37 GMT
#1401
If you look through the entirety of my filter I think my accusation has been reasonable. Especially the post I made where you point out something that I did that's unlikely to come from mafia and argue that it therefore must come from mafia, and then you point out something Vivax did that's unlikely to come from mafia and argue that it precludes him from being mafia.

There's also just the randomness of Vivax's accusation against you during day 1, which goes along with what I said to Sicklucker. And I'm not sure why you're calling me out for not calling you town while saying that Vivax is town because he wouldn't be calling you scum as mafia.

But anyway. . .

I would like to see some Silverika games.
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
February 08 2017 22:45 GMT
#1402
On February 09 2017 07:37 Grackaroni wrote:
If you look through the entirety of my filter I think my accusation has been reasonable. Especially the post I made where you point out something that I did that's unlikely to come from mafia and argue that it therefore must come from mafia, and then you point out something Vivax did that's unlikely to come from mafia and argue that it precludes him from being mafia.

There's also just the randomness of Vivax's accusation against you during day 1, which goes along with what I said to Sicklucker. And I'm not sure why you're calling me out for not calling you town while saying that Vivax is town because he wouldn't be calling you scum as mafia.

But anyway. . .

I would like to see some Silverika games.

The difference between you and Vivax is that Vivax calls me mafia literally every single game except when I'm mafia.

As for the 'unlikely to come from mafia and therefore it must come from mafia', it was more related to the fact that those actions have defined most people's reasons for townreading you including my own. It was more explaining how they can make sense from scum which felt like a more reasonable explanation than I could think of for any of the other people on the mission.
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
February 08 2017 22:46 GMT
#1403
Basically if I didn't know there was scum between you/sharkie/silver/vivax I'd probably be townreading you right now.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
February 08 2017 22:50 GMT
#1404
And for a final explanation, I'm saying this:

1) Silver/Sharkie seem really likely town
2) Therefore, Vivax must be scum
3) But then the votes for the first mission wouldn't make sense
4) Unless the team was both Vivax & Artanisoul, in which case it could be perfectly viable for scum to approve.

1 implies 2.
2 implies 3.
3 implies 4.

Now, by the time I get to 4 I think it's reasonable to say that maybe I should just reconsider 1, which is what I'm doing now.

You guys are saying that I should think be thinking that Vivax is on a team with Sharkie/Silver. That's possible but it isn't where my logic for Vivax being scum came from in the first place. If I'm considering one of Sharkie/Silver scum (Silver) then I would just re-evaluate my Vivax read entirely.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
February 08 2017 22:55 GMT
#1405
On February 09 2017 07:45 RtaniSoul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2017 07:37 Grackaroni wrote:
If you look through the entirety of my filter I think my accusation has been reasonable. Especially the post I made where you point out something that I did that's unlikely to come from mafia and argue that it therefore must come from mafia, and then you point out something Vivax did that's unlikely to come from mafia and argue that it precludes him from being mafia.

There's also just the randomness of Vivax's accusation against you during day 1, which goes along with what I said to Sicklucker. And I'm not sure why you're calling me out for not calling you town while saying that Vivax is town because he wouldn't be calling you scum as mafia.

But anyway. . .

I would like to see some Silverika games.

The difference between you and Vivax is that Vivax calls me mafia literally every single game except when I'm mafia.

As for the 'unlikely to come from mafia and therefore it must come from mafia', it was more related to the fact that those actions have defined most people's reasons for townreading you including my own. It was more explaining how they can make sense from scum which felt like a more reasonable explanation than I could think of for any of the other people on the mission.

And I don't know why that is quite honestly.

Beforehand people were town reading me for my posts and then people leaned into that WIFOM reason to town read me. Now I'm only hearing about that as a reason for why I could be town, while ignoring everything before that.
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
February 08 2017 22:57 GMT
#1406
On February 09 2017 07:50 Grackaroni wrote:
And for a final explanation, I'm saying this:

1) Silver/Sharkie seem really likely town
2) Therefore, Vivax must be scum
3) But then the votes for the first mission wouldn't make sense
4) Unless the team was both Vivax & Artanisoul, in which case it could be perfectly viable for scum to approve.

1 implies 2.
2 implies 3.
3 implies 4.

Now, by the time I get to 4 I think it's reasonable to say that maybe I should just reconsider 1, which is what I'm doing now.

You guys are saying that I should think be thinking that Vivax is on a team with Sharkie/Silver. That's possible but it isn't where my logic for Vivax being scum came from in the first place. If I'm considering one of Sharkie/Silver scum (Silver) then I would just re-evaluate my Vivax read entirely.


fair (maybe might have already said this in my very first post about your theory and i still want to be called amazing and smart and awesome >>)

also i just want to say: pffffffffftttt

^^ cause it's fun

and yeah, different people are held to different standards. the other wearying part of mafia @.@

Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
February 08 2017 22:59 GMT
#1407
And I still don't quite get the distinction.

There are plenty of people (you) saying that Vivax wouldn't have chosen not to put himself on the mission as scum. So there isn't much reason to treat the two "unlikely for scum to do" things differently.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
February 08 2017 23:03 GMT
#1408
Anyway, I pretty obviously voted reject.

I probably won't be on tomorrow.
RtaniSoul
Profile Joined December 2015
552 Posts
February 08 2017 23:03 GMT
#1409
On February 09 2017 07:59 Grackaroni wrote:
And I still don't quite get the distinction.

There are plenty of people (you) saying that Vivax wouldn't have chosen not to put himself on the mission as scum. So there isn't much reason to treat the two "unlikely for scum to do" things differently.

180ing on a read is something different than letting town decide on the fate of several missions. As for passing the first mission, that's fairly normal. Scum tends to pass the first mission; it's the fact that Sharkie was contested that people believe it's a valid argument to make. The reasons for the actions you'd have taken as a spy are more clear than Vivax, and I don't see Vivax as a flashy scum player. Especially the threatening to put us on the mission instead of Sharkie seems like something that doesn't click with me on that.

Do you still believe we're mafia?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
February 08 2017 23:05 GMT
#1410
On February 09 2017 08:03 RtaniSoul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2017 07:59 Grackaroni wrote:
And I still don't quite get the distinction.

There are plenty of people (you) saying that Vivax wouldn't have chosen not to put himself on the mission as scum. So there isn't much reason to treat the two "unlikely for scum to do" things differently.

180ing on a read is something different than letting town decide on the fate of several missions. As for passing the first mission, that's fairly normal. Scum tends to pass the first mission; it's the fact that Sharkie was contested that people believe it's a valid argument to make. The reasons for the actions you'd have taken as a spy are more clear than Vivax, and I don't see Vivax as a flashy scum player. Especially the threatening to put us on the mission instead of Sharkie seems like something that doesn't click with me on that.

Do you still believe we're mafia?

Not particularly.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
February 08 2017 23:19 GMT
#1411
hahaaaa I'm a fucking idiot. so this is just a four person mission. and one of them is sl. is this a filibuster nomination or did you really think this mission would fly
(I could read the thread for the answer... well, I should... I might, if I'm feeling generous)
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
February 08 2017 23:23 GMT
#1412
but as it stands sl and grack are dealbreakers on this mission
good times for all
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 08 2017 23:24 GMT
#1413
The fact that grack announced how he was gonna vote last time and this time raises huge alarm bells considering we already said NOT to do that before and he's ignoring it.

He's made a comment he's not gonna say his vote earlier in the game. I'll look this up later and quote it all. I gotta go pick up my daughter. I've also been sick so I'll do my best to filter grack today and look at that resistance game.

I'll try to find some scum games of ours too as a hydra.

~SW
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
February 08 2017 23:33 GMT
#1414
Ok two things.

One, TW - I'm not even on the mission.

Two, Silverika - I've said how I was going to vote for most of the missions at this point. I don't want the mission to pass. And I'm fine with people knowing that. I don't really care what you said not to do. I'm pretty sure people can infer how I'm going to vote without me even saying anything.



Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 09 2017 01:19 GMT
#1415
On January 28 2017 03:33 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm going to keep my vote a secret.


Why make this post at the beginning of the game if you don't give a shit about keeping your votes secret?

Glad you don't care to make optimal town play here but I do. Even if it becomes obvious how we are gonna vote, announcing it in the game is never a protown move. Why give info to scum and help them coordinate what to do?

~SW
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 09 2017 01:53 GMT
#1416
Here's 3 hydra scum games of ours:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=64698

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38207-M-FM-Fringe-Alternate-Universe
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38206-M-FM-Fringe-Prime-Universe
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38195-M-FM-Fringe-Day-1

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/38762-S-FM-219-Lazy

We were Anxiety Attack in the top one, Moogle in the second one (3 links)

And Empathy17 in the third.

~SW
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
February 09 2017 06:12 GMT
#1417
On February 09 2017 06:40 sicklucker wrote:
sharkie and ec* like the rest i kind of expect to vote how they did as either alignment


So in what world are ec's votes weird but Super's are expected (*hint* they completely voted the same way the last two missions).

I don't care whether someone thinks sicklucker is a resistance member by process of elimination or by his non-caring attitude of the game. For me both him and TW have shown us several times that they neither read our posts nor even pay attention to who was sent to which mission. Even if one or both of them are resistance players and we lose because I refused to put them on a mission I don't care. At this point I'd rather have vivax (who is a spy in my eyes) in my team than one of those two. Also, I am saying if resistance is going to lose the game I will blame SL and TW on the loss. I have never seen someone care so little about a resistance game that they actively refuse to participate in our discussions or even PAY ATTENTION to what is happening in the game. Stop pouting and do something ffs.

Also, I don't know how your gaming groups work but each time I play resistance with my friends they completely mix up their playstyle from game to game. I could never say "x is not a spy because that is not how he plays as spy/resistance". Citing old games is like giving your opposing players a fake alibi imo. "Here, look: that is how I usually play resistance -> I could never be a spy".
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 09 2017 07:10 GMT
#1418
Sharkie-we gave those scum games cuz grackeroni asked.

Also, ika and I have been talking about it and we are moving you to the town pike with Rtani Soul. Your posts are just very genuine and have a real new town feel.

Deciding between grack and vivax is giving me a migraine. Reading that game Artani Soul linked and Vivax was town in, his tone there and here is very similar as well as his input into the game. I also like some of his analysis this game and I don't see him making such a show of keeping himself off a team he could easily put himself on with no fuss. I just think he's town but it's not as strong as the other two townreads.

That game ArtaniSoul linked-I mean sl had 25 page filter and was clearly putting in effort trying to figure out the game, here he just isn't doing much. I just can't get a townread here even though it would make things so much easier if I could.

The problem I have with any grack meta is I don't have any. I don't know how he plays as scum. Because there is one spy on the 4 man mission, I'm PoEing it out to him. I don't like his inconsistency with the votes and the way he's hard townread us all game and now says it increasingly likely we are the scum. Oh really? And why is that? You don't know how we play as scum, you don't know how sharkie would either. You just got done saying Vivax is scum not that long ago also after townreading him all game. You got a sudden boner for sharkie after not trusting him all game and I think it's because we've been saying all game you'd blame him if the mission fails. You aren't really getting support for Vivax scum from those who have played with him so now it's our turn even though we've done nothing since your hard townread of us to suddenly make it increasingly likely we are scum. But we are a fairly easy target. After all, we have no meta here and were on the failed mission. Other than that, has he even given a reason?

tl/dr-he's not explaining his shifting reads in a way that I can understand or that makes sense

Unfortunately, TW and EC are so under the radar I don't know what to make of them. I think EC being super blendy, noncommittal and unable to be read easily is more scum than town. TW has been absent from so much of the thread that it's hard to say they are town for sure at this point.

So putting grack as the spy on the mission with two of EC, SL, TW makes the most sense to me. The rest are town.

~SW
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
February 09 2017 07:38 GMT
#1419
On February 09 2017 16:10 Silverika wrote:
Sharkie-we gave those scum games cuz grackeroni asked.



That is true. I cannot give you negative points for something Grack had asked you to link.

I am just a player who goes into The resistance with a clean plate all the time. I look how players play THIS game and don't think of old games at all. So each time one of you mention that vivax is not the sort of player to do "X" my suspicion of him grows. Because what would be the best play as a spy? Exactly, play like you have never played before. That throws you off completely. I wish I had the assistance of players who have clean slates like me to help analyse vivax. From a neutral point of view everything Grack has said makes complete sense to me and is not the play of a spy.

My biggest point in favour of Grack is: he defended me (that I don't care about personally) and accused a completely new combination of spies (rtani + vivax). Why should any spy do that? He could have just joined the cool guys (silver and vivax) into bullying sharkie and rt as spies and just enjoy his status as top resistance player. But he didn't do that! No way any spy would ever do such a play. That is self suicidal. You really expect a seasoned player like Grack to

1) Don't fail the first mission to gain credibility in order to prepare for a bigger con.
-> Yes, absolutely. That is very good spy play!!

2) After 1, throw everything into the wind and go defend sharkie and accuse vivax/RT
-> No way in hell, not even a n00b player would do that.
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
February 09 2017 08:04 GMT
#1420
Sharkie-I already said I think he did it because everyone has been saying all game he'd go after you as a spy. I don't understand his shifting reads. I'm also townreading Artani Soul as one of my top reads so I don't think that team combination makes sense. I don't think fracks shifting reads make a lot of sense. I wish I could give you more to say Vivax is clearly Town. He's a weakercread than you or Rtani Soul but I'm not seeing much spy motivation in his behavior and his tone/analysis leans Town.

Can you go over your scumread of him with me again?

~SW

Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1334
ComeBackTV 637
SteadfastSC476
TaKeTV 391
LamboSC2263
IndyStarCraft 139
Rex138
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 476
LamboSC2 263
ProTech143
IndyStarCraft 139
Rex 138
BRAT_OK 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41777
Shuttle 2548
EffOrt 869
Horang2 785
Light 774
Mini 714
Soma 429
firebathero 349
Stork 344
BeSt 326
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 287
Snow 249
Rush 245
ggaemo 223
ZerO 167
Leta 153
Pusan 78
hero 75
Sharp 56
Killer 54
Shinee 39
sorry 39
Mind 37
Shine 32
Mong 31
ToSsGirL 30
Yoon 30
Bale 25
Trap 23
soO 22
Sexy 21
Terrorterran 19
Free 17
Sacsri 13
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9512
Dendi957
qojqva727
Fuzer 204
420jenkins144
Counter-Strike
markeloff712
fl0m331
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1991
crisheroes1264
XaKoH 172
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo921
Liquid`VortiX196
Hui .193
ArmadaUGS152
QueenE103
Mew2King94
Trikslyr24
Railgan20
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile114
• Gemini_19 10
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2173
League of Legends
• Nemesis2685
• Jankos2353
• TFBlade880
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
• Shiphtur64
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h
Stellar Fest
22h
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.