• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:57
CEST 18:57
KST 01:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9187 users

Roulette Mini Mafia - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 97 Next
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 04 2013 16:57 GMT
#221
Ok now I'm home and can post with 2 hands.

@Oats you come back and make some kind of sense.

@WoS
with 6 posts you ask Vayne and JJD "if you had to evaluate my play thus far, what would you think?"

Do really you think that they had enough of your play, with 6 posts of yours, to describe your alignment based on your play when you were scum buddies?
To me, this post feels like some kind of friend-making, by saying "hey you know how I play as scum, so you have to know who I am right now". It's a sort of emotional pressure on previous allies; To me this reeks of a red herring.

I don't mind lurker lynches this game, but considering I'm yet to see something from sloosh, raynpelikoneet, and Vivax, I do believe lynching a lurker will provide us with no information at all while giving a free pass for scum. I don't want to lynch a lurker early and have the day go without pressure. Why are you advocating such an early lurker lynch, less than 24 hours into the game, instead of the common "yeah day has gone and we have little info, how about a lurker lynch?" that is more acceptable from a townie perspective?

WoS, why are you scum?
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 04 2013 16:57 GMT
#222
addendum:
##unvote
##WaveofShadow
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
June 04 2013 16:57 GMT
#223
On June 05 2013 01:56 Ace wrote:
oh, well of course

I was thinking someone would be like "that claim is bullshit!" then we have to force people to read the OP. Again.


lol, how do you feel about mkfuba strolling into the thread and just choosing something random to quote then peacing out?

I like to to call that illusionary participation unless thats common for him or something
I come in for the scraps
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 04 2013 17:02 GMT
#224
On June 05 2013 01:57 Zephirdd wrote:
addendum:
##unvote
##WaveofShadow


sigh

##vote WaveofShadow
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
June 04 2013 17:03 GMT
#225
What do you guys think of Oats trolling? Just him not giving a shit or scum?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
June 04 2013 17:04 GMT
#226
On June 05 2013 01:57 VayneAuthority wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 01:56 Ace wrote:
oh, well of course

I was thinking someone would be like "that claim is bullshit!" then we have to force people to read the OP. Again.


lol, how do you feel about mkfuba strolling into the thread and just choosing something random to quote then peacing out?

I like to to call that illusionary participation unless thats common for him or something


slightly bad but nothing damning at the moment. He could easily have just left the forum after asking.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 04 2013 17:08 GMT
#227
On June 05 2013 02:03 Stutters695 wrote:
What do you guys think of Oats trolling? Just him not giving a shit or scum?


I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but he is right up there on "people I want dead" list.

what do you think of WoS play so far?
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
June 04 2013 17:09 GMT
#228
He did say pregame that he had a heavy workload and he'd only in if it was Monday or later so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Definitely worth watching though.
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
June 04 2013 17:10 GMT
#229
On June 05 2013 02:03 Stutters695 wrote:
What do you guys think of Oats trolling? Just him not giving a shit or scum?

I was ignoring it on the basis that in some point during the next 48 hours he will call anybody that called him scum for being trolly mafia, and he might stop being trolly at that time.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
June 04 2013 17:10 GMT
#230
Ebwop: zeph sniped me, that was at the fuba question
s0Lstice
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1833 Posts
June 04 2013 17:25 GMT
#231
Stutters, can you answer your own question? You are voting him (Oats) currently so I assume that you have some reason to think he is more likely to be scum than just a townie not particularly giving a shit.

My thinking is I have no idea on his alignment just yet. Generally though being totally careless of the threads opinion of you is a townie trait, so he has that going for now.

I gotta say I agree with layabout on jaybrundage. His entry into the thread was filled with trepidation

On June 04 2013 09:13 jaybrundage wrote:
So im down with the whole claim role thing. But if the scum can also get the roles it doesnt really lead us to any lynches.
But i guess the point of it would be transparency and all that jazz.

I hate playing with people i never played with before I cant rely on previous experiences Also if anyone has not played with me I would suggest reading a previous game or two I play rather..... unorthodox (I occasionally be hardcore lynchbait D

Kinda all over the place but I always feel like day 1 is just typing shit until someone says something questionable. Then the Rage-arguments take place :D



It looks to me like he is trying to defuse pressure on him before it even happens. 'I can't rely on previous experiences' is a prepackaged excuse to go light on scum hunting. 'I am occasionally lynch bate' is a prepackaged excuse for looking suspicious. It looks extremely self conscious. This point by layabout too is relevent.

On June 04 2013 09:29 layabout wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2013 09:22 VayneAuthority wrote:
On June 04 2013 09:19 layabout wrote:
On June 04 2013 09:14 jaybrundage wrote:
On June 04 2013 08:28 VayneAuthority wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
im all in on 31, spin the wheel m'boy.

I have drank heavily on the past night so I am taking a nap this day. Wake me up when the sun sets.

I have been drinking so i will not post for a while

+ Show Spoiler +
*pokes with stick*

pointless pressure



I'm just trollin' around with the theme, I didn't actually drink today nor yesterday. What is your concern jaybrundage?

If you say that you arent going to post, pressuring you for a contribution serves no purpose for a townie


Meaningless pressure. It's a way of looking useful without actually being useful (shit-flinging at somebody who isn't going to be around to take umbrage). This is the direction I want to go. He looks the scummiest of anybody so far.

##vote jaybrundage

ATOBTTR
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
June 04 2013 17:34 GMT
#232
On June 05 2013 02:08 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 02:03 Stutters695 wrote:
What do you guys think of Oats trolling? Just him not giving a shit or scum?


I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but he is right up there on "people I want dead" list.

what do you think of WoS play so far?

TBH I'm not really sure, his first scum game was very good and I had a town read on him throughout so take this with a grain of salt.

The post you voted him for stood out to me for similar reasons. The red herring part is a good point but it isn't lynchworthy on its own. Last game he played up the never rolled scum angle(he was scum), but he also brought it up with me in LXI (town). I'd like to see his response.

The lurker lynch I could totally understand from him as either alignment. He just played in a lurk heavy game as scum, so if he rolled scum again he could be feigning frustration but if he's town he could be frustrated by how easy it was for them and how scum this game can do the exact same thing.

I don't think he's a good d1 lynch because he is usually active and gives sound reasoning behind his reads. If he doesn't appear more or is doing just enough to not be lynched then we lynch him but he's a bad d1 target imo.

I'd say null.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
June 04 2013 17:35 GMT
#233
On June 05 2013 02:03 Stutters695 wrote:
What do you guys think of Oats trolling? Just him not giving a shit or scum?
He certainly doesn't read as town to me. I'd like him to explain if he's just trolling or if he really believes Ace is scum.

Another person I'd like to hear more from is Sentinel. He voted for Vayne simply because he was the only only person he hasn't played w/. I hate crappy reasons like that. It's just as bad as voting random. (also I'm pretty sure I've also never played w/ him but I could be wrong)

Also I like Zephs case against WoS. It's basically what I was trying to say about "What do you think of me?" posts. And the point about him talking about lynching a lurker @ this point makes some sense as well

So I guess these are my top 3 suspects right now.
s0Lstice
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1833 Posts
June 04 2013 17:46 GMT
#234
What do you think of jaybrundage, JarJar?
ATOBTTR
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
June 04 2013 17:47 GMT
#235
s0l I'll have that for you in a second, its a bit longer so I need to get to my PC and type it up instead of on my phone.

JJD can you read what I said about WoS. Does that change your opinion at all?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
June 04 2013 18:00 GMT
#236
On June 05 2013 02:46 s0Lstice wrote:
What do you think of jaybrundage, JarJar?
He's made like 3 posts. None of which looks really scummy to me.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 04 2013 18:13 GMT
#237
Ah, discussion created. Excellent.
Let's see if I can't add a little input here.
Regarding Oats: can't read him worth shit. He trolls heavily with brief moments where he appears to be contributing but I honestly can never tell what he's up to. I'd be tempted to policy lynch if I were that sort of person, but I'm not.

Regarding me: it's been almost 24h into the game and every single game I've played in has had WAY more activity than this by this point. You can call it feigning annoyance if you will but the lack of conversation truly bothers me as I am generally a very high activity player. My advocacy for a lurker lynch is combination that frustration and a conversation-starter and as such, mission accomplished. As far as buddying up to previous scum, look into that as much as you feel like, but it was honestly just asking for people's opinions.

Zephirdd, it seems as though you're looking into my play and taking the absolute worst perspective possible without considering the town motivation behind it whatsoever. Would you consider that good scumhunting?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
June 04 2013 18:15 GMT
#238
I'm up ^^

And my quote wasn't something random. I found it strange that vayne thinks this game naturally leads to different playstyles than normal, when I find it (particularly at this point) to be quite straightforward. Sure, our roles will change in the future, but we're still always going to be town vs scum. To me, it looked like he was giving vague excuses for possible future changes in playstyle, when from my own perspective there shouldn't be all that much difference.

I don't know what to make of his response, yet. Telling me "not to worry about it" has made me do just the opposite, though. He seems to be saying that once we have some claims on the board, we're going to mostly focus on those and put reading the thread as a whole second. Again, this conflicts with my perspective. If our roles are going to keep changing, it seems like looking at the big picture will be what catches us scum, since they're always scum, but they're not always doctor/roleblocker/whatever they randomed. In fact, I'd argue that claims will be even less relevant in scumhunting because of this.

In any case, I haven't seen anything I would specifically call scummy so far, just conflicting with my perspective or kind of unusual (I found his response to prplhz's "Why 31?" question really thorough for something that seemed like an offhand comment from both of them). For now I have him down as a person of interest.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
June 04 2013 18:22 GMT
#239
On June 05 2013 03:13 WaveofShadow wrote:
Ah, discussion created. Excellent.
Let's see if I can't add a little input here.
Regarding Oats: can't read him worth shit. He trolls heavily with brief moments where he appears to be contributing but I honestly can never tell what he's up to. I'd be tempted to policy lynch if I were that sort of person, but I'm not.

Regarding me: it's been almost 24h into the game and every single game I've played in has had WAY more activity than this by this point. You can call it feigning annoyance if you will but the lack of conversation truly bothers me as I am generally a very high activity player. My advocacy for a lurker lynch is combination that frustration and a conversation-starter and as such, mission accomplished. As far as buddying up to previous scum, look into that as much as you feel like, but it was honestly just asking for people's opinions.

Zephirdd, it seems as though you're looking into my play and taking the absolute worst perspective possible without considering the town motivation behind it whatsoever. Would you consider that good scumhunting?


I don't know, its hard to find the townie perspective of your questions. Both the "what do you think of my play" and the lurker lynch consideration were way too early to have a town motivation, when compared to scum motivation for that.

Knowing that there is low activity, and the fact that you don't seem to be bringing new things into the table(low post count =/= lack of content), do you consider yours a good town gameplay so far?

what do you make of s0lstice's case on jaybondage, for example?
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
June 04 2013 19:06 GMT
#240
FUCK FUCK FUCK

I JUST DELETED MY MASSIVE POST

FUCK MY LIFE
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 97 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem421
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 421
IndyStarCraft 187
Railgan 75
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26490
Shuttle 2476
BeSt 480
Larva 356
Soma 169
Mind 159
Dewaltoss 110
Last 89
Sexy 72
hero 68
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 57
Zeus 53
Killer 42
Hyun 41
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
NaDa 19
PianO 19
Rock 18
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5477
qojqva3170
Dendi1303
420jenkins443
Counter-Strike
fl0m4703
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3566
Khaldor1507
Liquid`Hasu1059
MindelVK14
Other Games
FrodaN1980
singsing1738
B2W.Neo932
byalli896
ArmadaUGS179
Hui .164
KnowMe126
QueenE91
Mew2King52
CosmosSc2 30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1005
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 51
• FirePhoenix1
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3975
League of Legends
• Nemesis2881
Other Games
• WagamamaTV253
• Shiphtur221
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 3m
Replay Cast
6h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 3m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.