• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:22
CEST 12:22
KST 19:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7564 users

TL Mafia LIX - Page 190

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 188 189 190 191 192 213 Next
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
January 30 2013 22:17 GMT
#3781
On January 31 2013 07:12 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:08 Adam4167 wrote:
Why is using the double lynch even a discussion?

Having more town-directed KP is always a good thing.
Whether we use the double lynch tomorrow or on a later cycle, town-directed KP is ALWAYS the same. The timing of the KP changes, but the amount does not.



Sure. But having more faster is the better way to go. Give me a 5-way lynch right now and ill take it. Clean out some unreadable's and probably hit a scum in the process.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 30 2013 22:19 GMT
#3782
So I guess town has decided to lynch Axle?

Coin flip inc
Writer@WriterYamato
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 30 2013 22:25 GMT
#3783
On January 31 2013 07:14 FiveTouch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:08 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 06:58 FiveTouch wrote:
What's going to happen tomorrow right. Is that there's gonna be some people shouting that you should get lynched. And some people shouting that annul should get lynched. And Toad probably saying fuba should get lynched.

And then I probably won't be able to stop what I think is a completely suboptimal lynch, and it'll be rubbish. Whereas if we double lynch, town will much more readily agree to my lynch target, if there's another one up for grabs.

It's basically a win for everyone.
I swear you didn't type this British before being outed.

That still leaves us what you're calling a rubbish lynch tomorrow. In that case it doesn't stop a suboptimal lynch. That wording makes it sound like we'll just robo-lynch your target of choice and then have a normal lynch discussion concerning target #2, instead of just having a normal lynch discussion concerning the only lynch.

I'm going to assume this is just poor wording or whatever, and not push this point.


If Axle flips mafia, then we have one mafia left to find. I'd much rather lynch the scummiest two guys right away and increase our odds of hitting mafia right then, drastically, then save it for some hypothetical situation later when town might be in trouble and it's a desperation move, rather than it being an empowering move.

I would say it amazes me that you can't see this stuff, or don't consider it more important than your arguments, but it doesn't at all, sadly.
I SEE that stuff. I almost-entirely disagree with it.

If you want it for a situation where we're down to one mafia, you can hold it until then (unless we're awful). Rather than relying on "If x flips mafia," we can double lynch WHEN someone flips mafia.

And I don't see why we'd lynch the two scummiest guys right away, instead of lynch the single scummiest guy for a day or two, and then lynch the two scummiest guys. It's not less powerful later, it's MORE powerful later when the pool of scummy guys is smaller.

If you want to say that it's better for thread morale or stuff like that, then fine, that's a point that I'm not really going to argue because it's more mushy. But the math on when it's weakest/strongest isn't in your favor here, the double lynch gets stronger as the pool of scummy folks gets smaller. It's not "desperation" at all to double lynch later.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 30 2013 22:31 GMT
#3784
On January 31 2013 07:17 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:12 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:08 Adam4167 wrote:
Why is using the double lynch even a discussion?

Having more town-directed KP is always a good thing.
Whether we use the double lynch tomorrow or on a later cycle, town-directed KP is ALWAYS the same. The timing of the KP changes, but the amount does not.



Sure. But having more faster is the better way to go. Give me a 5-way lynch right now and ill take it. Clean out some unreadable's and probably hit a scum in the process.

Why is it "better"? You can lynch unreadable people any cycle. You can clear them out BEFORE you double lynch. If the benefit is that you "probably" hit scum, then the chance that you hit them increases with each cycle, so that's a downside, not a benefit.

Fe fi fo fum.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 30 2013 22:42 GMT
#3785
Austin why are you being super active when we're talking about whether or not we should double lynch as opposed to when we talk about who we want to lynch?

Aren't there at least a couple people you want dead right now?
Writer@WriterYamato
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
January 30 2013 22:42 GMT
#3786
On January 31 2013 07:31 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:17 Adam4167 wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:12 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:08 Adam4167 wrote:
Why is using the double lynch even a discussion?

Having more town-directed KP is always a good thing.
Whether we use the double lynch tomorrow or on a later cycle, town-directed KP is ALWAYS the same. The timing of the KP changes, but the amount does not.



Sure. But having more faster is the better way to go. Give me a 5-way lynch right now and ill take it. Clean out some unreadable's and probably hit a scum in the process.

Why is it "better"? You can lynch unreadable people any cycle. You can clear them out BEFORE you double lynch. If the benefit is that you "probably" hit scum, then the chance that you hit them increases with each cycle, so that's a downside, not a benefit.



In virtue of them being unreadable, Id like them gone as fast as possible so we can focus everyone else, assuming the game hasn't ended already. Each night-kill before we double lynch reduces our comparative control over said double lynch.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 30 2013 22:44 GMT
#3787
On January 31 2013 07:42 yamato77 wrote:
Austin why are you being super active when we're talking about whether or not we should double lynch as opposed to when we talk about who we want to lynch?

Aren't there at least a couple people you want dead right now?

For non-scummy reasons, like, "I have time right at this moment."?

I have a couple questions I would like answered, more than I have a couple people I want dead right now. Like the one I asked you.
Fe fi fo fum.
Stutters695
Profile Joined July 2012
2610 Posts
January 30 2013 22:47 GMT
#3788
And if we hit a scum before we double lynch we're guaranteeing a mislynch. Odds are we won't hit two scum double lynching with two scum up but we're taking out unreadable people. This is beneficial for us because we will be wasting less days with agreed lynches where the people in question won't say shit. I haven't seen you say a single reason except towns power goes up as we have less people (obvious). That also regardless of when we use it.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 30 2013 22:57 GMT
#3789
On January 31 2013 07:44 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:42 yamato77 wrote:
Austin why are you being super active when we're talking about whether or not we should double lynch as opposed to when we talk about who we want to lynch?

Aren't there at least a couple people you want dead right now?

For non-scummy reasons, like, "I have time right at this moment."?

I have a couple questions I would like answered, more than I have a couple people I want dead right now. Like the one I asked you.

Something about the difference between you and Axle?

Basically just a question to appear to make yourself look better to me.
Writer@WriterYamato
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
January 30 2013 22:59 GMT
#3790
Hi guys, I just wanted to pop in to tell you how bad you are. It's fucking obvious by now that FT is the scummiest person alive on this planet. Go play tetris srs.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 30 2013 23:01 GMT
#3791
Lol, Vivax.

I'm pretty confident in my town read on Marv, even if he is lynching Axle.
Writer@WriterYamato
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 30 2013 23:08 GMT
#3792
On January 31 2013 07:57 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:44 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:42 yamato77 wrote:
Austin why are you being super active when we're talking about whether or not we should double lynch as opposed to when we talk about who we want to lynch?

Aren't there at least a couple people you want dead right now?

For non-scummy reasons, like, "I have time right at this moment."?

I have a couple questions I would like answered, more than I have a couple people I want dead right now. Like the one I asked you.

Something about the difference between you and Axle?

Basically just a question to appear to make yourself look better to me.
That's the one. Why are my interactions with gonzaw/chez/prplhz and discussions about them making you entirely sure I'm mafia, while they are inconclusive evidence as far as Adam is concerned?

Fe fi fo fum.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 30 2013 23:09 GMT
#3793
On January 31 2013 08:08 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:57 yamato77 wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:44 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:42 yamato77 wrote:
Austin why are you being super active when we're talking about whether or not we should double lynch as opposed to when we talk about who we want to lynch?

Aren't there at least a couple people you want dead right now?

For non-scummy reasons, like, "I have time right at this moment."?

I have a couple questions I would like answered, more than I have a couple people I want dead right now. Like the one I asked you.

Something about the difference between you and Axle?

Basically just a question to appear to make yourself look better to me.
That's the one. Why are my interactions with gonzaw/chez/prplhz and discussions about them making you entirely sure I'm mafia, while they are inconclusive evidence as far as Adam is concerned?


Because you know more about what you're doing than Axle.

And Axle's posts are far more difficult to decipher, so your association is more overt.
Writer@WriterYamato
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 30 2013 23:11 GMT
#3794
On January 31 2013 08:08 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 07:57 yamato77 wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:44 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:42 yamato77 wrote:
Austin why are you being super active when we're talking about whether or not we should double lynch as opposed to when we talk about who we want to lynch?

Aren't there at least a couple people you want dead right now?

For non-scummy reasons, like, "I have time right at this moment."?

I have a couple questions I would like answered, more than I have a couple people I want dead right now. Like the one I asked you.

Something about the difference between you and Axle?

Basically just a question to appear to make yourself look better to me.
That's the one. Why are my interactions with gonzaw/chez/prplhz and discussions about them making you entirely sure I'm mafia, while they are inconclusive evidence as far as Adam is concerned?


Adam, or Axle?
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 30 2013 23:12 GMT
#3795
On January 31 2013 08:09 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 08:08 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:57 yamato77 wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:44 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:42 yamato77 wrote:
Austin why are you being super active when we're talking about whether or not we should double lynch as opposed to when we talk about who we want to lynch?

Aren't there at least a couple people you want dead right now?

For non-scummy reasons, like, "I have time right at this moment."?

I have a couple questions I would like answered, more than I have a couple people I want dead right now. Like the one I asked you.

Something about the difference between you and Axle?

Basically just a question to appear to make yourself look better to me.
That's the one. Why are my interactions with gonzaw/chez/prplhz and discussions about them making you entirely sure I'm mafia, while they are inconclusive evidence as far as Adam is concerned?


Because you know more about what you're doing than Axle.

And Axle's posts are far more difficult to decipher, so your association is more overt.
How does knowing about what I'm doing factor into this, specifically? It sure doesn't make my reads right.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
January 30 2013 23:12 GMT
#3796
On January 31 2013 08:11 mkfuba07 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2013 08:08 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:57 yamato77 wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:44 austinmcc wrote:
On January 31 2013 07:42 yamato77 wrote:
Austin why are you being super active when we're talking about whether or not we should double lynch as opposed to when we talk about who we want to lynch?

Aren't there at least a couple people you want dead right now?

For non-scummy reasons, like, "I have time right at this moment."?

I have a couple questions I would like answered, more than I have a couple people I want dead right now. Like the one I asked you.

Something about the difference between you and Axle?

Basically just a question to appear to make yourself look better to me.
That's the one. Why are my interactions with gonzaw/chez/prplhz and discussions about them making you entirely sure I'm mafia, while they are inconclusive evidence as far as Adam is concerned?


Adam, or Axle?

Axle**
Fe fi fo fum.
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 30 2013 23:13 GMT
#3797
Alright, some points that caught my attention when reading through clarity and Adam's filters:

Clarity:
Runs for mayor based on a platform of being a townie townie and creating a good atmosphere D1. It actually kinda sounds like he's just running for "townie". Seems strange to emphasize one of your strengths D1 when town wants a mayor for more than just one day.
Promises Djo reads, never gave them. Not sure what we can draw from this, since he then disappeared after that. I think this is standing out to me because Djo was really suspicious of clarity and he died N1. He also questioned why Djo was asking so many question, which is kind of a weird thing to be suspicious of. However, Djo said clarity returned to his null zone, so I’m not sure what to think.

Adam:
Talks about relatively unimportant things instead of the important ones
Has some weird/weak reasons to find people townie
He doubted the chezinu lynch because chezinu followed the chezinu rule
Mosca seemed particularly suspicious of him because of how adam was deciding people were town, and he died last night (was he the only one? Marv commented on the reasoning, but he couldn't be killed.)
Then there's the ninja vote that I can't really take offense to (I did it, I'm pretty sure others did as well), but he WAS absent for about 34 hours before he returned to the thread with nothing to add

Right now, top scumreads are austin and adam. I think they're scummy apart, and I think their motivations seem to mesh really well together. (also possible scumslip? lol)
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 30 2013 23:15 GMT
#3798
Oh, and I'd change my vote to either of them off of axle if we could get a lynch today. But at this point it probably won't happen.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
January 30 2013 23:17 GMT
#3799
EBWOP: ...and it's probably a bad idea anyway, since I don't think other people are as convinced as I am.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
January 30 2013 23:17 GMT
#3800
Yea, Adam is being his lurky and relatively useless scumself, I think he should definitely be one of the lynches tomorrow.
Make sure to vote double lynch also guys!!!
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
Prev 1 188 189 190 191 192 213 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko238
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1698
actioN 1012
Horang2 553
Jaedong 530
Bisu 477
BeSt 387
Hyuk 349
firebathero 267
Soma 239
Larva 226
[ Show more ]
Hyun 212
Mong 202
Soulkey 185
Stork 184
Rush 131
Shine 120
PianO 106
Pusan 75
Mind 67
910 62
hero 49
Sexy 41
Shinee 37
ZerO 36
Yoon 36
Last 35
HiyA 30
Bale 28
Sharp 28
Free 26
sSak 26
ZergMaN 24
sorry 20
Hm[arnc] 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe176
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1368
olofmeister1350
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King224
Other Games
gofns34355
summit1g6762
singsing1533
ceh9517
DeMusliM160
Pyrionflax157
KnowMe134
Livibee104
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick472
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1297
Other Games
• Shiphtur454
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
39m
Patches Events
5h 39m
The PondCast
23h 39m
INu's Battles
1d
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.