• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:35
CEST 14:35
KST 21:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8894 users

Insane Mafia 2 - Page 76

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 273 Next
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 26 2011 19:34 GMT
#1501
First thing's first, ##Vote: Bumatlarge. I feel ample time has passed for any sort of CC, and if blues are so dumb to have not CC'ed yet, they've done town a great disservice.

The next thing I'd like to discuss a little, is the item game. I'm feeling like people are getting a little emotional and riled up over it when they should just sit tight and try to figure out the best course of action. A lot of people have also claimed that lynching an IG player first is the best thing to do, and I agreed with this too, but I've decided to actually look at the possibilities of how the game will unravel, to see if this is what we really should be doing.

Case 1

Lynch a Red.

Then we are left with:

4 Green
1 Black

Red no longer has any interest in the item game, as they cannot shoot the Black. After Night 1, we'll be left with:

3 Green
1 Black

Assuming Black shoots into the item game, and no one uses a vig-like or medic ability. I feel that from here, finding the black in the game will be manageable, as all we need to do is analyze/scumhunt and lynch him.

Case 2

Lynch a Black.

Then we are left with:

4 Green
1 Red

So, this is a bit different. While Black will no longer have any interest in winning the items, they may still wish to shoot into the game to kill the assured red. (Not sure how likely this is) So, after Night 1, we'll be left with:

1-3 Green
0-1 Red

Assuming Red shoots into the item game, and no one uses a vig-like or medic ability. There are several possibilities here, that really rely on how many shots the red uses, and if black shoots into the game or not.

The best case scenario, is that Black takes out the Red, because then town will just win, no matter how many townies are left standing after Night 1.

The next scenario is Red shoots into the game once, and either Black doesn't shoot, or ends up stacking hits. In that case, we will start Day 2 with 3 Green, and 1 Red, and from here we have 2 more days mininum to find the Red. (Day 2+Day 3), and a maximum of 3 days, if Red continues to only use 1 KP.

However, the worst case scenario is that Red shoots once/twice into the game, and Black shoots once, neither stacking hits, and Black missing Red. Then we're left with 1 or 2 Green and 1 Red. That makes it LYLO for the item game. So while we can still win through scumhunting, we have NO room for error. If we got into this situation and managed to not lynch the Red, the best we could hope for is to medic protect the Green, or hope Black shoots Red as Red finishes off the town, so no one get the items, instead of Red.

Case 3

We lynch a Green.

Then we are left with:

3 Green
1 Red
1 Black

Here, both Red and Black have a good chance of winning the item game, and there are multiple possibilities for how this will play out. After Night 1, we'll be left with:

0-3 Green
0-1 Red
1 Black

Assuming Black always shoots into the item game, and no one uses a vig-like or medic ability.

Best Case Scenario is Black shoots Red, Red doesn't shoot. This leaves us with 3 Town, 1 Black, and we can scumhunt him. This is analogous to Case 1, except for the order Green/Red die.

The next scenario, is Black kills Red, and Red kills 1/2 Green. This will leave us with 1 Black, 1-2 Town. This is LYLO, and if we mislynch, Black gets the items, unless Red figures out who they are and roleblocks/hits them that night, resulting in no faction receiving the item.

The Worst-Case-Scenario, is if Red shoots twice, and Black shoots once, not stacking hits. This leaves us with 1 Red and 1 Black in the morning, and at that point we basically only get to choose which scum faction we'd like to give our items to. If we do manage to get into this situation, we can either lynch one of them, or if there are other scum targets, we can leave them both alive, so that Black kills Red for us, and we can lynch Black the next day, leaving us with 1 extra lynch to use, and making sure Black doesn't kill town that night. If there are no other scum targets though, we can just lynch one of the two confirmed scum players. It will come down to town's judgment, and this would still be a horrid situation for us.

Case 4

No lynch.

After Night 1, we'll be left with:

1-3 Town
1 Black
1 Red

I don't think Red would actually double kill in this situation, as their chances of winning will be pretty low, unless they can figure out who Black is to push for his lynch. So, that realistically leaves us with 2-3 Town. This is probably the most convoluted case, and the only information I can really draw from it is that this might draw the IG out for 1 more day.

Conclusions and Opinions

In my opinion, Lynching into the Item Game is a necessary evil, but we must be very careful that we hit a scum, and not town. Hitting town leaves us at the extremes with either a salvageable condition, where we can just scumhunt the Black, or with an auto-lose. I don't really like having to rely on who scum hits to win the game though, as that doesn't seem like the most reliable way to plan our moves. So, I ask all the item game players to at least provide some kind of justification into who they want to lynch, because as soon as Scum sees you suggesting the lynch of anyone who isn't them, they're going to jump on it automatically. This means Jackal's reason of consensus isn't very good, and I hope it's based on more than that. If Jackal has suggested a green player, both scum will have agreed to it, and then there only remains 1 townie to be convinced. So, a 4/6 agreement that someone is scum, realistically, is either only two town and two scum, or three town and one scum. So, in all actuality, afterward, I would look into the four who are all agreeing to the same lynch, as chances are high that at least one of them are scum.
you gotta dance
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 26 2011 19:43 GMT
#1502
On March 27 2011 04:34 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
So, this is a bit different. While Black will no longer have any interest in winning the items, they may still wish to shoot into the game to kill the assured red. (Not sure how likely this is)


this wont happen.

black's win condition is to outnumber nonblack.

they want to prolong item game as much as possible. they want teams to be reasonably balanced (as opposed to more imbalanced due to controlling 6 items) for as long as possible.
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 26 2011 19:46 GMT
#1503
i would analyze the rest, but i think it is pointless until we see what happens in day and night 1
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 26 2011 19:50 GMT
#1504
On March 27 2011 04:46 annul wrote:
i would analyze the rest, but i think it is pointless until we see what happens in day and night 1


Isn't the point that we CAN'T wait? If we lynch town in the item game we're behind in it and there's a good chance we would lose?
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
March 26 2011 19:52 GMT
#1505
On March 27 2011 04:46 annul wrote:
i would analyze the rest, but i think it is pointless until we see what happens in day and night 1


You are right, why would we bother analyzing a post that is trying to help us determine who to lynch Day 1 before day two? I mean analyzing posts when they are relevant is for noobs, as is providing backing for your accusations, right?
Moderator
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 26 2011 19:56 GMT
#1506
On March 27 2011 04:50 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 04:46 annul wrote:
i would analyze the rest, but i think it is pointless until we see what happens in day and night 1


Isn't the point that we CAN'T wait? If we lynch town in the item game we're behind in it and there's a good chance we would lose?


That was basically what I was trying to see. Just from how I figured the game could go, we almost have to lynch into the game today, or maybe Day 2 if we think Scum wouldn't kill too much. If we lynch town today, there's a pretty good chance we'll lose.

I personally like the option that relies the least on what scum does. So, firstly, that's lynching into the item game, then not hitting town. If we don't lynch into the game, or we hit town, the ball's in the scum's court, and we basically have to rely on luck to be able to make it a town victory.
you gotta dance
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 26 2011 19:57 GMT
#1507
his final conclusion is "we need to kill in item game."

cool, i agree, and this is what i have been saying from the get go.

as for what to do in the future, let's see what the flip is
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 26 2011 19:57 GMT
#1508
On March 27 2011 04:33 annul wrote:
"Annul: Are you sure?
Jackal: Trust me, I am pro
Annul: Ok"

would never happen

I would never try it.
I haven't asked anybody in town to trust me really. I trust 2 others in the item game.
I put forth a proposal for bum to consider.
The ensuing conversation has brought some scum to light and has placed others in the town camp. All in all it's a win for town.
Tack doesn't like it because he's the one I put up for lynch.
Annul doesn't like it because he's got his own agenda.
I have no clue where darm is at. I'm guessing he doesn't like it either.
I did promise to piss off 3 IG game players. I delivered.
The rest of you are just along for the ride. It's bums call now. He and his blue team will make a town decision.
Life can only kill you once.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 26 2011 19:58 GMT
#1509
Barring anything like medics/vigs, but that adds another uncontrollable factor into it, that again, relies a fair bit on luck and the judgment of town. After lynch, I'll probably look at the situation again and maybe try to provide some advice for how power roles should act. Nothing specific, just stuff like, if we kill a town, vig shooting into the IG is probably not the best idea.
you gotta dance
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
March 26 2011 20:05 GMT
#1510
On March 27 2011 04:57 annul wrote:
his final conclusion is "we need to kill in item game."

cool, i agree, and this is what i have been saying from the get go.

as for what to do in the future, let's see what the flip is


My final conclusion is we need to kill in item game, but if we shoot town, we're relying completely on the actions of scum for whether we win or not. We have to try our hardest to kill scum on the first lynch, and how we're deciding the lynch now is just off the reads of the few people in the game. Scum will agree to any lynch that isn't them. Town will agree to any lynch they think is scum. Town will not agree to their own lynch. Scum will not agree to their own lynch. So, when you're basing the lynch off just a few players' decisions in the item game, if you picked wrong, you're going to get the support of two scum automatically, and then all they need to do is convince one more town, that's 4/6. This is why I'd really like to at least see some of the thought process behind what's going on here, because the whole town might get screwed based on the wrong decisions of just a couple people.
you gotta dance
annul
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2841 Posts
March 26 2011 20:07 GMT
#1511
the majority (if not all other five?) of us agree that tackster is a fine kill for tonight.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 26 2011 20:10 GMT
#1512
On March 27 2011 04:57 annul wrote:
his final conclusion is "we need to kill in item game."

cool, i agree, and this is what i have been saying from the get go.

as for what to do in the future, let's see what the flip is


Oh sorry, I thought his conclusion was we can't mess up our IG lynch --> more info for main thread from the IG game would be nice.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 26 2011 20:10 GMT
#1513
Man you guys sure do jump around.

Outside of the IG, I have to say tackster has been working his ass off to prove he is town, and in general has gotten much more defense. Personally, I hate the "Lynch me then and you will see I am town" argument. Do not blame your lack of townieness on me, thank you very much.

People in the IG do not have long to live. Would it really be smart for tackster's scumbuddies to go all out in defending him when he is probably going to flip in the next day or so? The fact that jackal has gotten no defense makes it appear that way (strangely the only defense was 2 posts from orgolove and now hes back in the shadows )

So I do feel that tackster is town and jackal is not.

However, I still stand by how I view the IG game to a degree. If tackster has done something so scummy that it nullifies everything that has been stated, I need to know what that is. Like-wise, if jackal has done something so protown, etc. i need to know.

What I need right now is one target from each IG player. And give me town reads as well.I do NOT need two scum tells as people have pointed out repeatedly that scum will FoS whoever they can.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
March 26 2011 20:11 GMT
#1514
On March 27 2011 05:05 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 04:57 annul wrote:
his final conclusion is "we need to kill in item game."

cool, i agree, and this is what i have been saying from the get go.

as for what to do in the future, let's see what the flip is


My final conclusion is we need to kill in item game, but if we shoot town, we're relying completely on the actions of scum for whether we win or not. We have to try our hardest to kill scum on the first lynch, and how we're deciding the lynch now is just off the reads of the few people in the game. Scum will agree to any lynch that isn't them. Town will agree to any lynch they think is scum. Town will not agree to their own lynch. Scum will not agree to their own lynch. So, when you're basing the lynch off just a few players' decisions in the item game, if you picked wrong, you're going to get the support of two scum automatically, and then all they need to do is convince one more town, that's 4/6. This is why I'd really like to at least see some of the thought process behind what's going on here, because the whole town might get screwed based on the wrong decisions of just a couple people.


Ok yeah, nvm, I was right lol
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 26 2011 20:13 GMT
#1515
On March 27 2011 05:07 annul wrote:
the majority (if not all other five?) of us agree that tackster is a fine kill for tonight.


Alright, I just want confirmation on this from all. Even if two are scum, three of you who are town have a strong feeling that tackster is scum, even with what he has posted in the thread?
Together but separate, like oatmeal
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 26 2011 20:14 GMT
#1516
On March 27 2011 04:31 chaoser wrote:
Can Red and Black Players PM/communicate privately with each other?


On March 13 2011 03:11 LSB wrote:
What players can PM?
The Red/black/blue players can PM their teammates, the players of the item games can PM each other, and certain roles are granted PM capabilities.


I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
March 26 2011 20:15 GMT
#1517
darmousseh or tack
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
March 26 2011 20:20 GMT
#1518
On March 27 2011 05:10 bumatlarge wrote:
Man you guys sure do jump around.

Outside of the IG, I have to say tackster has been working his ass off to prove he is town, and in general has gotten much more defense. Personally, I hate the "Lynch me then and you will see I am town" argument. Do not blame your lack of townieness on me, thank you very much.

People in the IG do not have long to live. Would it really be smart for tackster's scumbuddies to go all out in defending him when he is probably going to flip in the next day or so? The fact that jackal has gotten no defense makes it appear that way (strangely the only defense was 2 posts from orgolove and now hes back in the shadows )

So I do feel that tackster is town and jackal is not.

However, I still stand by how I view the IG game to a degree. If tackster has done something so scummy that it nullifies everything that has been stated, I need to know what that is. Like-wise, if jackal has done something so protown, etc. i need to know.

What I need right now is one target from each IG player. And give me town reads as well.I do NOT need two scum tells as people have pointed out repeatedly that scum will FoS whoever they can.

I knew when I put up my plan I would be target #1. I did it anyways. Because it is in towns best interest. Coag is town. LW is town. I am town. I possess towns night KP. I have outlined the 3 separate scenarios that can occur off of a Tackster lynch. I stand by my plan. I stand by my lynch decision.
My target is Tackster.
Life can only kill you once.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
March 26 2011 20:21 GMT
#1519
Finally off from work for a day. Just wanted to ask the reasoning behind lynching from the item game? It seems kind of stupid statistically speaking. There is a 1/3 chance a player is anti town in both the item game and in the actual game.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
March 26 2011 20:21 GMT
#1520
On March 27 2011 05:15 Coagulation wrote:
darmousseh or tack


What did I just tell you not to do lol?

Ugh, I'm probably going to split it down the middle with what IG comes up with and what town is saying, because town has a lot of conviction with the Jackal VS tackster thing.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 229
TKL 161
CranKy Ducklings56
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM990
IndyStarCraft 160
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 990
Lowko440
TKL 161
IndyStarCraft 160
Rex 82
MindelVK 15
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57496
Free 3253
Jaedong 1954
BeSt 657
Soulkey 409
Horang2 358
Soma 334
Hyun 212
Zeus 203
firebathero 169
[ Show more ]
sorry 151
Last 150
Mind 108
Pusan 84
soO 25
scan(afreeca) 21
Aegong 20
ToSsGirL 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6862
Dendi714
XaKoH 405
canceldota38
Other Games
gofns34489
singsing2203
B2W.Neo479
byalli402
Pyrionflax306
ToD189
DeMusliM40
QueenE38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1348
• WagamamaTV464
League of Legends
• Jankos3258
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 25m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.