• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:09
CEST 02:09
KST 09:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9096 users

World at War Mafia - Page 45

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 123 Next
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 26 2010 07:16 GMT
#881
Nice one tree.hugger:

"First of all, you're criticism of my faulty logic is certainly correct, "

Catching up on the thread, on page 41.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 26 2010 07:27 GMT
#882
On March 26 2010 13:59 L wrote:

That doesn't change the fact that attempting to kill someone off zero evidence and purely because of your feelings from prior games is a douchebag move.

But yeah, keep scapegoating. Totally pro-town move.


No offense, but how is this any different than what you did to me for ten days?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 26 2010 07:39 GMT
#883
Nikon: Sorry, I got Bulgaria confused with Romania.

Tree.Hugger: That was not the best course of action that you could have pursued. Just because L was putting FoS on you, you didn't have to crack under the pressure. I understand that many people would be mod-killed for what he said to you, but that doesn't warrant you ruining the game for the rest of the world here!

I would like to live, while having the green earth prevail; however, I care more about the world winning than myself. My nation doesn't have any special abilities, but I could counter-nuke someone if you all would want me to.


WHAT I PROPOSE:

Lynch Abenson solely to give the town someone to build a circle around with ~OpZ~. I find it highly unlikely that masons would be on different sides given the format that we are using.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 26 2010 12:13 GMT
#884
On March 26 2010 16:39 Bill Murray wrote:
WHAT I PROPOSE:

Lynch Abenson solely to give the town someone to build a circle around with ~OpZ~. I find it highly unlikely that masons would be on different sides given the format that we are using.

I would like to disagree with this.

Since this game has no PMs allowed, confirming OpZ does not allow us to "build a circle" because no one else can talk with OpZ privately, detectives cannot use OpZ as a mouthpiece, and none of the regular benefits of a "town circle" can be realized.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
March 26 2010 12:47 GMT
#885
On March 26 2010 21:13 Zona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2010 16:39 Bill Murray wrote:
WHAT I PROPOSE:

Lynch Abenson solely to give the town someone to build a circle around with ~OpZ~. I find it highly unlikely that masons would be on different sides given the format that we are using.

I would like to disagree with this.

Since this game has no PMs allowed, confirming OpZ does not allow us to "build a circle" because no one else can talk with OpZ privately, detectives cannot use OpZ as a mouthpiece, and none of the regular benefits of a "town circle" can be realized.


Well for all we know Ace could have informed that the detective role was aloud to PM other players....

ie check the rules:

No talking about the game outside the thread. This includes Private Messages unless your role gives you permission to do so. You will be mod-killed if this rule is broken.

I mean Ace is really putting us in the dark here since we don't really know what the role PM's specifically stated, if anything was said at all.
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 26 2010 13:21 GMT
#886
i think that is a stupid assumption amber. first of all, i am pretty sure the mason's PM states they can communicate only with the other masons outside the thread. even if DTs could PM people (which i highly doubt), the masons still couldn't do shit about it, because posting their findings in the thread = communication with DTs outside the thread = modkill.

we have to rely on the masons to play with each other and figure shit out. remember in some mafia games masons have abilities to recruit a player into their circle once per night. this may very well be the case here, and as long as they don't fuck up and recruit someone questionable, the townie circle can grow in that way.

of course that is an assumption similar to yours, but the difference is, i believe it holds weight.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 26 2010 13:22 GMT
#887
Now you're just getting into hypothetical situation territory. Let me play that game, for fun:

"Well for all we know Ace could have..." created a role which absorbs radiation once 13 nukes have been launched to become a radioactive superhero with the powers of medic, detective, vigilante, roleblocker, veteran, and more combined. Let's launch a bunch of nukes to power up this player, in case the role exists! Hmmm...



Well, unless you are somehow in contact with this hypothetical detective that can PM others?
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 26 2010 13:23 GMT
#888
sorry i just realized that post sounds a little dick-ish. i'm still upset over the f'ing nukes flying through the air. we had what, THREE nukes on day 1? seriously
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 26 2010 13:26 GMT
#889
Heh. I'm surprised it took so long for the nukes to start flying. I consider it a minor victory that we collectively as a group held back for so long.

TL players aren't exactly a bastion of self-discipline.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 26 2010 13:31 GMT
#890
well, as long as we stop launching them.. :S
if we keep launching three nukes per day (hell, this day isn't even over yet), i'm gonna be pissed.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 26 2010 13:37 GMT
#891
MORE NUKES PLEASE.
^_____^V
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 26 2010 13:43 GMT
#892
##enchantNuke:lightning
##launchEnchantedNuke:flamewheel91

but seriously, posts like that can affect the game dude. some idiot can read them and go "OH OK!!!" and launch a nuke. well i bet if someone were to do that they would've launched a nuke anyway but who knows, right? i'd rather not egg them on.

anyway, i would like to draw attention to meeple. how are you doing buddy? what do you think about this situation, what are your suspicions, what's your suggested course of action? you haven't posted in a while so i hope you can contribute
Thanks!
-Shinbi
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Abenson
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada4122 Posts
March 26 2010 14:20 GMT
#893
Hi guys...
I have water polo tournament (provincials, Yay!) this weekend and I'm just about to leave for it. Unfortunately, the coaches have placed a ban on all computers, video games, etc. So I will be unable to bring my laptop.
Therefore I will be inactive for the next 3 days, sorry for the inconvenience. You may replace me if you have to.
I apologize again for this and I hope the rest of you have fun.
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 26 2010 14:55 GMT
#894
-_-...Wow...At any rate...I gotta go to work 11 to 8.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
~OpZ~
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States3652 Posts
March 26 2010 14:55 GMT
#895
And I'm about to be late lulz.
Maybe I could teach Osama that using a plane as a wraith or dropship would be 10x better than using it as a scourge..... ^^; -Flex
haster27
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Taiwan809 Posts
March 26 2010 14:58 GMT
#896
....Two launched nukes. ... ...


Okay, what we should do now is lynch Tree.hugger day 2 except in off chance his nuke manage to hit L and he flips red. There should NOT be nukes launched against him because he explicitly stated his intention to revenge-nuke and creating more opportunities to waste anti-nukes is simply idiotic. I think even Tree.hugger will agree with what I wrote above considering that he had stated he will lynch himself should this gambit fail.

Now onto the matter of two air-born nukes, for myself I would like to see nuke toward L intercepted and one toward JohnnySpazz unhindered. JohnnySpazz seems to be decent suspect which was being advocated by confirmed Townie ("Abenson") and is not impressing me with his posts. Also what is up with his vague roleclaim? Either not roleclaim at all, or reveal full extent of your abilities so Town can make better decision about what to do with you.

On the contrary, I would like nuke toward L intercepted for the same reason I suggested shooting down Caller's nuke; telling the non-concensus nukers that they are not the above Town's law. Hell if the people are not getting message from RoL lynch, then we'll just have to force feed this simple fact over and over again until they hurl. Moreover L would likely have been voted out day 1 if I had not initiated bandwagon against Abenson to exactly prevent this- I think the fact that he was bandwagoned against to near death itself proves that he is likely Town-oriented.

On March 26 2010 23:20 Abenson wrote:
Hi guys...
I have water polo tournament (provincials, Yay!) this weekend and I'm just about to leave for it. Unfortunately, the coaches have placed a ban on all computers, video games, etc. So I will be unable to bring my laptop.
Therefore I will be inactive for the next 3 days, sorry for the inconvenience. You may replace me if you have to.
I apologize again for this and I hope the rest of you have fun.


Also, this is a great opportunity; getting a good player into Abenson's spot will really revitalize the effectiveness of Mason.
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
March 26 2010 15:38 GMT
#897
On March 26 2010 22:43 JeeJee wrote:
##enchantNuke:lightning
##launchEnchantedNuke:flamewheel91

but seriously, posts like that can affect the game dude. some idiot can read them and go "OH OK!!!" and launch a nuke. well i bet if someone were to do that they would've launched a nuke anyway but who knows, right? i'd rather not egg them on.

anyway, i would like to draw attention to meeple. how are you doing buddy? what do you think about this situation, what are your suspicions, what's your suggested course of action? you haven't posted in a while so i hope you can contribute
Thanks!
-Shinbi


Good god, this is going to sound like I'm always here lurking and just jump in when someone mentions my name, but I swear its simply not the case.

Ah I've been doing well, thanks for asking... Chinese lessons start in an hour an a half so I gotta go practise my directions but I do have time for my thoughts.

I have been recently catching myself up on the happenings... and have formed a couple of opinions.

I still suspect Iaaan of devious actions, since he hasn't really responded to any criticisms... although if I recall someone did offer some reasons why he would make those decisions, I would prefer something from him.

The amount of nukes in the air is worrisome so early in the game... but expected if everyone is given the power to kill.

I'd like to think about who would be interested in protecting Caller, since I don't think it's been thoroughly discussed. I can't find too many people who were advocating heavily to save him, definitely not a majority. So it does bring suspicion on him since he might have been saved by the mafia not willing to lose one of their own so early. Especially if they don't have too many members to begin with. Just something to think about. I don't think a normal townie would waste an anti-nuke so early...

RoL nuking johnnyspazz was expected, well not the target... but the act of nuking someone given the chance. I have some doubts about johnnyspazz being red, but with all the heat on him from other people it might be nice to let it land and clear some things up. He's been relatively active, so there will be some good information to be had if he flips mafia.

tree.hugger's choice to nuke L was unfortunate at best. Despite his aggressive style, I don't think L is red, and he has hinted that he has a special role. That might just be a bluff but of course it increases the risk associated with letting him die, since there's a chance he's someone especially important.

L's wish that someone would protect him and nuke tree.hugger is a nice thought if he really is a blue role, but I don't think it will happen, due to L's sometimes abrasive nature and the limited amounts of anti-nukes. If you do have anti-nukes... be very careful about who you wish to save... and it all depends on how many you have.

Now... its a much harder question to answer now about whether or not tree.hugger should be lynched. This type of distraction, where the town repeatedly wastes lynches on what are probably townies is making the red guys giggle like crazy. I think that tree.hugger should face some retribution for the nuke, but Yeeaarrrggg I really don't want to waste another lynch on someone who's probably just a townie whom L rubbed the wrong way. I don't think that mafia would be so willing to be out in the spotlight so early in the game.

My previous vote on tree.hugger was to get him to post more, so please don't construe that as me thinking he was red.




tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
March 26 2010 15:39 GMT
#898
On March 26 2010 16:16 Bill Murray wrote:
Nice one tree.hugger:

"First of all, you're criticism of my faulty logic is certainly correct, "

Catching up on the thread, on page 41.


Dammit, my grammar fell apart there.

"your"

On March 26 2010 16:39 Bill Murray wrote:
Tree.Hugger: That was not the best course of action that you could have pursued. Just because L was putting FoS on you, you didn't have to crack under the pressure. I understand that many people would be mod-killed for what he said to you, but that doesn't warrant you ruining the game for the rest of the world here!


I think one nuke won't kill us yet. Keep in mind that although my nuke was the third fired, it'll be the second to hit, providing it falls through. I think this world will survive two nukes. We'll watch the radiation levels.

Also, again, I nukes L partially because he was becoming annoying, and partially for the reasons I've been repeating non-stop throughout the game. L is self-interested, not town-interested. He often confuses the two, and this is a detriment to the town, in my option.

I saw L starting his same old tricks, including arguing for Japan to roleclaim, and I thought that move would be a poor one. L began to derail the thread, and eventually, I nuked him. We'll be better off for it either way.

On March 26 2010 23:58 haster27 wrote:
Okay, what we should do now is lynch Tree.hugger day 2 except in off chance his nuke manage to hit L and he flips red. There should NOT be nukes launched against him because he explicitly stated his intention to revenge-nuke and creating more opportunities to waste anti-nukes is simply idiotic. I think even Tree.hugger will agree with what I wrote above considering that he had stated he will lynch himself should this gambit fail.


I would agree with you, and vote myself unless....

Now onto the matter of two air-born nukes, for myself I would like to see nuke toward L intercepted

The nuke is intercepted. As I've posted before, I'd consider an intercepted nuke to be somewhat of a mafia tell. (Albeit imperfect, but certainly better than most others we've seen this game.)

Even if my nuke lands on a green L, I won't regret firing it, but what I've said is that I'd also be willing to take the consequences.

and one toward JohnnySpazz unhindered. JohnnySpazz seems to be decent suspect which was being advocated by confirmed Townie ("Abenson") and is not impressing me with his posts. Also what is up with his vague roleclaim? Either not roleclaim at all, or reveal full extent of your abilities so Town can make better decision about what to do with you.

On the contrary, I would like nuke toward L intercepted for the same reason I suggested shooting down Caller's nuke; telling the non-concensus nukers that they are not the above Town's law. Hell if the people are not getting message from RoL lynch, then we'll just have to force feed this simple fact over and over again until they hurl. Moreover L would likely have been voted out day 1 if I had not initiated bandwagon against Abenson to exactly prevent this- I think the fact that he was bandwagoned against to near death itself proves that he is likely Town-oriented.


Haster, I don't really understand where you're coming from here. Your double standard is a little alarming, why would you not save JSpazz, when, based on personal convictions only you might suspect him a little? I don't think, given the cavalier attitude with which RoL fired the nuke, that he was really intending to hit a mafia or townie or anything.

The intent with the RoL nuke was just to mess with someone.

Meanwhile, my intent with the L nuke was to eliminate someone who I see as a anchor to the town's effort at best, and mafia at worst. I think my nuke's direction had a whole lot more of a reason to be chosen than RoL's did.

You can show that I am not above town law by lynching me. I've stated this time and time again. I got the message from the RoL lynch loud and clear, but I fired that nuke for a reason, and I'm willing to face the consequences should it fail. Also, you really can't continue lynching non-approved nukers past Day 2 and my possible lynch. Otherwise, you'll end up lynching all the town, and the mafia who didn't do anything will laugh and win.

But I think we should let the nuke fall on L, and wait for the mafia to bail him out, or not. Town should not waste any more anti-nukes.




ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
March 26 2010 16:06 GMT
#899
If anyone wants to replace for Abenson you can PM me
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-26 16:35:10
March 26 2010 16:18 GMT
#900
Missiles launched by Rol towards johnnyspazz will strike at 11:15 KST March26th.

Missiles launched by tree.hugger towards L will strike at 11:55 KST March 26th





Nukes in the air: 2
Nukes detonated: 0
Radiation levels: very low
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 123 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 469
Bale 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever543
League of Legends
Doublelift5586
Other Games
summit1g10818
JimRising 469
ViBE254
KnowMe195
Livibee187
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
BasetradeTV179
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Adnapsc2 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1508
• imaqtpie991
• Shiphtur543
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 52m
Patches Events
14h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 52m
OSC
22h 52m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.