• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8743 users

World at War Mafia - Page 46

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 123 Next
haster27
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Taiwan809 Posts
March 26 2010 16:19 GMT
#901
I, and I think the Town as well, just find you more suspicious than L. Also, what am I supposed to do with that nuke? As long as we don't at least show effort to shoot down the nukes of non-concensus nukers, there will always be people suddenly coming out of woodwork to singlehandedly launch nuke against someone he is highly convinced of being Mafia. There will be always someone fully convinced about validity of his suspect list, and unless we as a Town set our feet down and say "unless you discuss your nuke never gonna matter lolol" unwanted nukes are going to keep on coming.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 16:24 GMT
#902
Meanwhile, my intent with the L nuke was to eliminate someone who I see as a anchor to the town's effort


That would probably be why someone would want to stop it, right?

As to meeple; GJ.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
March 26 2010 16:28 GMT
#903
On March 26 2010 16:39 Bill Murray wrote:
Nikon: Sorry, I got Bulgaria confused with Romania.

Tree.Hugger: That was not the best course of action that you could have pursued. Just because L was putting FoS on you, you didn't have to crack under the pressure. I understand that many people would be mod-killed for what he said to you, but that doesn't warrant you ruining the game for the rest of the world here!

I would like to live, while having the green earth prevail; however, I care more about the world winning than myself. My nation doesn't have any special abilities, but I could counter-nuke someone if you all would want me to.


WHAT I PROPOSE:

Lynch Abenson solely to give the town someone to build a circle around with ~OpZ~. I find it highly unlikely that masons would be on different sides given the format that we are using.


Yeah there's no way I would advocate lynching Abenson. He's probably town and its best to assume for now that they both are. This isn't a game where behind-the-scenes action will determine the outcome.
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 26 2010 16:30 GMT
#904
On March 27 2010 01:24 L wrote:
Show nested quote +
Meanwhile, my intent with the L nuke was to eliminate someone who I see as a anchor to the town's effort


That would probably be why someone would want to stop it, right?

I think he means anchor in terms of something holding back a ship. Rather than the other interpretation of anchor, being a solid foundation to build something on.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 16:36 GMT
#905
On March 27 2010 01:30 Zona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2010 01:24 L wrote:
Meanwhile, my intent with the L nuke was to eliminate someone who I see as a anchor to the town's effort


That would probably be why someone would want to stop it, right?

I think he means anchor in terms of something holding back a ship. Rather than the other interpretation of anchor, being a solid foundation to build something on.

Well, that's new.

The anchor is a mason symbol for a well grounded and well spent life. Christians view it as a place of refuge. I've never thought of someone using it perjuriously.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
March 26 2010 17:30 GMT
#906
On March 27 2010 01:30 Zona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2010 01:24 L wrote:
Meanwhile, my intent with the L nuke was to eliminate someone who I see as a anchor to the town's effort


That would probably be why someone would want to stop it, right?

I think he means anchor in terms of something holding back a ship. Rather than the other interpretation of anchor, being a solid foundation to build something on.


Oh yeah, I never thought about the other positive connotation. I was originally going to say 'parasite' but I subbed it out for something a little less harsh.

I meant 'anchor' as in the object that prevents forward progress, and weighs the team down.

So to clarify; "Meanwhile, my intent with the L nuke was the eliminate someone who I see as a parasite to the town's effort."

Sorry for the confusion.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 18:32 GMT
#907
On March 27 2010 02:30 tree.hugger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2010 01:30 Zona wrote:
On March 27 2010 01:24 L wrote:
Meanwhile, my intent with the L nuke was to eliminate someone who I see as a anchor to the town's effort


That would probably be why someone would want to stop it, right?

I think he means anchor in terms of something holding back a ship. Rather than the other interpretation of anchor, being a solid foundation to build something on.


Oh yeah, I never thought about the other positive connotation. I was originally going to say 'parasite' but I subbed it out for something a little less harsh.

I meant 'anchor' as in the object that prevents forward progress, and weighs the team down.

So to clarify; "Meanwhile, my intent with the L nuke was the eliminate someone who I see as a parasite to the town's effort."

Sorry for the confusion.

And in doing so you threw a nuke instead of putting it to the town to attempt to lynch me.

Logically incoherent attempt to portray an anti-town action as pro-town.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 26 2010 18:40 GMT
#908
On March 27 2010 01:19 haster27 wrote:
I, and I think the Town as well, just find you more suspicious than L. Also, what am I supposed to do with that nuke? As long as we don't at least show effort to shoot down the nukes of non-concensus nukers, there will always be people suddenly coming out of woodwork to singlehandedly launch nuke against someone he is highly convinced of being Mafia. There will be always someone fully convinced about validity of his suspect list, and unless we as a Town set our feet down and say "unless you discuss your nuke never gonna matter lolol" unwanted nukes are going to keep on coming.


speak for yourself
I find them equally not suspicious at all, and have labeled them both argumentative townies
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 26 2010 18:43 GMT
#909
So, given the current situation of us having airborne nukes and no plan, WHAT'S THE PLAN?

Also, I'm waiting on L.M.N.O.P. to come out with a huge wall of text.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
March 26 2010 18:50 GMT
#910
On March 27 2010 03:43 Bill Murray wrote:
So, given the current situation of us having airborne nukes and no plan, WHAT'S THE PLAN?

Also, I'm waiting on L.M.N.O.P. to come out with a huge wall of text.


I think we're in a bit of a limbo until the nukes hit, or are shot down. When they do, and we figure out to what faction Jspazz and L belong, we can start to see how people interacted with either player.

Then we've got the night period, where we're essentially waiting to see what the mafia's next move is.

Finally, after night, we'll have a dead townie, and more evidence with which to judge the most appropriate Day 2 lynch, whether that be myself or someone else.

***

In essence, we're waiting for someone to make another move, (or not make one).
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 26 2010 18:55 GMT
#911
Right. I know that much. What I'm asking is what the town consensus is. I know what you want to do: Let the nukes hit and mess up our beautiful Earth.

I personally want to save them both, regardless of their color, as I want to save the ToD.
I know the argument is "well, it's only a couple nukes (the first few that could hit of the game)", but we can't continue to think this way.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
March 26 2010 19:08 GMT
#912
On March 27 2010 03:55 Bill Murray wrote:
Right. I know that much. What I'm asking is what the town consensus is. I know what you want to do: Let the nukes hit and mess up our beautiful Earth.

I personally want to save them both, regardless of their color, as I want to save the ToD.
I know the argument is "well, it's only a couple nukes (the first few that could hit of the game)", but we can't continue to think this way.


Well, now that you've used an environmentalist argument against me, I'm torn! My country hereby will commit to devoting acres of land to national parks, and each citizen of my country will plant a tree tomorrow. Also, we're participating in earth hour.

***

But in all seriousness, we need to weigh the consideration about saving our anti-nukes as well. I think as well, that allowing at least one or two nukes to fall might be beneficial, in that by seeing how the radiation levels change, we might be able to put up a better guess at where the ToD actually is.

You're right in that we can't continue to think this way, but 'continue' implies future action, if we let both nukes fall, then we can subsequently not fire any other nukes.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 19:20 GMT
#913
If you were so worried about the number of town controlled anti-nukes, why would you attempt to nuke me prior to asking people? I was going to extend the day if requested anyways; there was plenty of time to talk about it.

You're right in that we can't continue to think this way, but 'continue' implies future action, if we let both nukes fall, then we can subsequently not fire any other nukes.
"its okay for me but not for anyone else to do what I did"

Cool beans.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 26 2010 19:24 GMT
#914
Unless someone gives me a reason not to other than "it will make you look like mafia", I'm going to be anti-nuking the nuke that is going at L soon. I would rather use what I have than get capped in the night by mafia and have it be unused.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 26 2010 19:24 GMT
#915
if you're asking for town consensus, i say let the nukes hit. that's my vote.
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
Versatile
Profile Joined November 2008
United States396 Posts
March 26 2010 19:26 GMT
#916
On March 27 2010 04:24 Bill Murray wrote:
Unless someone gives me a reason not to other than "it will make you look like mafia", I'm going to be anti-nuking the nuke that is going at L soon. I would rather use what I have than get capped in the night by mafia and have it be unused.


if you anti-nuke him, i will just nuke him.

so i suggest not anti-nuking him so as to not waste your anti-nuke.
"Over night The Conspiracy moves to eliminate a major threat to their plans. Many important officials are kidnapped and tortured, civilians are bombed and they use the spare ice to make delicious snow capped ice cream cones. Alas, someone has to die!"
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
March 26 2010 19:32 GMT
#917
On March 27 2010 04:26 Versatile wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2010 04:24 Bill Murray wrote:
Unless someone gives me a reason not to other than "it will make you look like mafia", I'm going to be anti-nuking the nuke that is going at L soon. I would rather use what I have than get capped in the night by mafia and have it be unused.


if you anti-nuke him, i will just nuke him.

so i suggest not anti-nuking him so as to not waste your anti-nuke.

Oh good. More anti-town bullshit.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 26 2010 19:35 GMT
#918
If I anti-nuke him, and you nuke him again, I will nuke you.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
March 26 2010 19:36 GMT
#919
The longer this goes on, the more I begin to trust L's read. Versatile, why so scummy?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
March 26 2010 19:37 GMT
#920
what i think is important to do is to go through the posts of the person, figure out their central claims and stances, who they argued with and against, and come up with an expectation. this avoids the typical "oh i totally knew that" attitude that follows a lynch or a prot or a mafia game in general.

now, i'm going to do this for johnnyspazz.

-supports anti-nuking & lynching rogue nukers
-vote's L cos of day 1, but switches to nemy, and defends L later. then switches to abenson, then RoL due to opz coming in with "lol we're masons"
-against abstaining, wants more info for town
-a little abenson vs johnyspazz thing pops up (re defending L/voteswitching mostly)
-fos's xelin
-a little meeple vs johnyspazz pops up (re voteswitching mostly)
-a little ad hominem between him and opz
**now gets targetted by rol**
-claims he has day 2 abilities (in particular, nukes and anti-nukes that he cannot use until then)


this is a rough summary of all his posts and interactions. what can we glean from this?

first of all, we have a claim by johnny that he has certain day 2 powers. he further elaborates that they are nukes and anti-nukes that cannot be used on day 1. this sounds a little weird to me, but hey this is ace's game. maybe he has an un-shoot-downable (heh) nuke instead of a standard one, but only after night 1. i dunno.

the main people he argued with were abenson, meeple and opz. one of the main arguments was the fact that he tends to bounce around between vote candidates a lot.

one consistent stance of his is that of anti-nukes. now, since we know rol is townie, the nuke launched at him was in good faith, and not to shut him up about his suspicious of, say, xelin.

my take? i think johnny has made generally pro-town plays. however, the vote-switching is a little sketchy, and he did do a weird role claim. but keep in mind, the latter could be explained because hey, this is ace's game and anything including hookers goes.

i would support an anti-nuke on johnny as generally he seems to be playing pro-town, and encouraging information to be shared/generated
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 123 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 631
Railgan 60
MindelVK 31
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68754
Calm 11100
Bisu 2391
FanTaSy 1167
Stork 743
soO 437
Rush 397
firebathero 211
Snow 176
Last 152
[ Show more ]
Sharp 109
Mind 96
Light 95
hero 80
Pusan 71
Sea.KH 55
Free 48
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 41
Sexy 35
Mong 32
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 29
Aegong 20
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
zelot 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
IntoTheRainbow 7
Terrorterran 7
scan(afreeca) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6811
Dendi1135
Counter-Strike
fl0m3195
byalli816
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns39535
singsing2474
B2W.Neo575
Liquid`RaSZi555
Pyrionflax243
Beastyqt239
Happy182
Hui .122
Mlord57
Trikslyr48
Chillindude17
Khaldor15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Response 10
• Dystopia_ 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV515
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis3009
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1419
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 43m
OSC
9h 43m
Replay Cast
9h 43m
OSC
22h 43m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.