World At War Mafia: A Game to the Death
Welcome to WaW! This is a thematic Mafia game in which every player represents a country on the map. All Countries are divided into 2 factions: The Allies (pro-town) and The Conspiracy (Mafia). It's been decades since the last World War and some countries are still top dog. New world powers have replaced the old guard, while there are others that still operate in secret. The United Earth Council has been getting reports of terror attacks being planned and have called for a Conference in Geneva. As new reports and information comes in, the representatives on the council vote on who shall be punished. Some members of the council are a bit edgy and have itchy trigger fingers. If an argument breaks out anything can happen. Hopefully this can be settled with good old fashioned words and not nukes. Beware though! Not everyone wants to give up their shiny toys and talk things out...
- Play to win. Don't do anything that would be considered playing against your win condition or ruining the game for your team.
- You must participate. If you do not post at least once every 24 hours, and/or miss 2 votes you will be replaced or if necessary mod-killed.
- No talking about the game outside the thread. This includes Private Messages unless your role gives you permission to do so. You will be mod-killed if this rule is broken.
- Don't quote the role PM. Don't try to decipher it in any way or compare it to another player's PM. Don't ask them how their Private Message was phrased in any way. You are subject to being modkilled for this also.
- DO NOT edit posts. This is modkillable like half the rules here.
- Majority votes = death. Once a majority of the players in the game vote on a person that player will be killed as soon as I notice the lynching vote. However, since no one can be lynched until any nukes have landed you will have a chance to change votes before it strikes. You vote for a player in the thread by typing ##vote: player in bold. If you wish to not vote, you can but you must be posting. Remember that not voting can have consequences also.Any other format will not be counted. You can vote for yourself if you're crazy enough to do so. Needless to say, if no nukes are in the air and a player reaches majority vote they are instantly lynched. If a majority of votes isn't reached the day ends in a no lynch.
- Mafia have night kills just like in normal games. Mafia can kill 1 player per night no matter how many of them are alive.
- Some countries in this game have nukes. You can nuke a player by typing ##nuke: player in the thread. If you attempt to nuke a player and you do not possess nukes, no one will know until the missiles hit, which will not kill the player and show up as a dud missile to all players. Yes you can bluff if you have the balls. Even if you have no nukes and do this, you can still be retaliated against.
- Nukes will stay in the air for 24 hours after they were fired. A player that has been nuked has until the nuclear missiles hit to retaliate. You can only launch 1 nuke/anti-nuke once per day, BUT you may launch a nuke AND retaliate to a nuclear strike if you have enough missiles left. You are not allowed to retaliate strike on a retaliation. Day ends when a player is lynched, and of course no one may nuke at night.
- Some countries have seen a nuclear war coming and have constructed nuclear missile defense systems. Nukes may be shot down or worse...
- If you have anti-nukes you must PM me to use them.
- Our world is very fragile and can not take too much destruction. There is a threshold of death (ToD) that will end the game for all sides if reached. If too many nukes land throughout the course of the game, it will be instant game over and EVERYONE loses. Be careful! The ToD is a hidden count, but a warning level of radiation levels will be present.
- The Town wins if they eliminate all anti-town roles. Mafia win if they control majority of the town at any point during the day. If any 3rd party factions exist, they will have their own win conditions.
- Normal Mafia game roles may or may not be present. That shouldn't be an obstacle to your decision to kill people that disagree with you...right? ^_^
- Roles and Countries are hidden until death. No one knows who can do what at the beginning of the game.
- Days last 48 hours. Night last 12-24 hours depending on how fast night choices are sent in.
- When you get your Role PM me, send me back a PM summarizing it so I know you've actually read it.
- Any questions you have, send me a Private Message about it.
Private Messages will all be in the form of :
+ Show Spoiler +
You are "country" ("town/scum",role)
You have X nuclear missiles.
You win if bla bla bla
+ Show Spoiler +
You are Somalia(scum, normal goon)
Your country still hasn't developed any relevant wartime technology because you are very peaceful.
You have 0 nuclear missiles.
You win if you outnumber the town at any time during the day phase.
You have no special abilities.
Signed up: - confirm you are playing this game by typing /in inside the thread.
There is a 22 player limit for this game.
Day 1 intro
Amount of Nukes detonated: 6
Radiation levels - HIGH
Game Status - Active
+ Show Spoiler [Players Alive] +
+ Show Spoiler [Players Dead] +
Please do not type in italic blue as this will be my format so players can tell when I'm addressing the thread and making vote counts