• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:00
CEST 07:00
KST 14:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6072 users

[Ultimate Guide] Pantheon - Page 4

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Schnake
Profile Joined September 2003
Germany2819 Posts
July 07 2013 10:00 GMT
#61
Very well done and highly interesting! This will probably help me get started with Pantheon as I have not played him much in the past. I am a bit sad though that this is in image form and I cannot mark text as it sometimes is difficult to read.
"Alán Shore" and "August Terran" @ LoL EUW - liquidparty
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
July 07 2013 11:17 GMT
#62
This guide makes me wish I owned pantheon
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
July 07 2013 11:36 GMT
#63
Ok Real talk though! WHICH SKIN?

For me only Perseus Pantheon gg no re. (He-ManTheon is acceptable, too)
Full metal so overrated.
Deleted User 45971
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
533 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-07 12:08:31
July 07 2013 12:07 GMT
#64
What's your thought on instead of going HP regen necklace you get 5 mana pots or 4 pots and an extra ward? I feel like that's a stronger opening a lot of the time, especially against armor/sustain champs like Cho. Unlimited mana for aggression and safe last-hitting with spears if you get camped. An extra ward to cover both sides of the lane to make aggression safer. It seems to me that 4 mana pots and an extra ward is simply superior to the necklace since Panth really need to win his lane more than he needs gold efficiency with the regen.
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
July 07 2013 12:33 GMT
#65
Holy shit this guide is beautiful. I love how you include different playstyles and builds.
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-07 16:56:45
July 07 2013 16:56 GMT
#66
GUIDE HAS BEEN UPDATED TO INCLUDE SKILL ORDER PAGE
Thanks Nuiyuki!



On July 07 2013 17:05 Nuiyuki wrote:
Hay Atrioc, I'm new to Pantheon and don't know the skill order for him.
Could you help me please :c Many friends of mine tell me to start Q > W > E and then maxing Q > E > W, would that be okay ? o:


I cannot believe I forgot to upload the Skill Order page! Its a really unique part of the guide and the way I play Pantheon, so thank you so much for pointing this out, haha. I have fixed the error and put it in now (between Matchups and Playstyle)

On July 07 2013 17:04 UniversalSnip wrote:
hello king of panth hype, I notice you are big into mercurial scimitar as a situational buy. I've been getting it almost constantly on talon lately and it feels like a huge upgrade vs other options like ga or hexdrinker, and im starting to think it's pretty much just the best MR option for this specific type of character, and that I should leave hexdrinker exclusively to bruisers. What are your thoughts on scimitar vs hexdrinker.


I agree haha. Scimitar has a really huge skill ceiling and the more I buy it the stronger I feel with it - you can make a LOT of
plays that people don't expect by completely invalidating a CC and vs. many characters it makes you a much stronger duelist.

On July 07 2013 12:41 rigelq wrote:
I usually play panth top lane but I have had great success building boots of mobility on pantheon. It does cut down on your survivability but I have found it really useful for chasing people down and roaming even harder. Also I have found FH to be an amazing defensive item on pantheon because of the cdr and mana. I don't know if you have tired these items out but I have found them to be very useful.
Great guide!


I love boots of mobility when I am smurfing on Pantheon, because I get super impatient and just want to grab as many kills as possible, but I think its only really useful if you are really outplaying the other team. Tabi and Mercs are so powerful that I cant really recommend skipping them if you are actually tryharding. I'll definitely give frozen heart a try!

On July 07 2013 20:36 AsnSensation wrote:
Ok Real talk though! WHICH SKIN?

For me only Perseus Pantheon gg no re. (He-ManTheon is acceptable, too)
Full metal so overrated.


Perseus Pantheon was one of the first skins I ever bought, one of my favorite of all time, and the skin I always use if I'm really really tryharding on Pantheon.

But I really like how flashy Myrmidion Pantheon is and I like to use that one a lot too.

On July 07 2013 21:07 Potatisodlaren wrote:
What's your thought on instead of going HP regen necklace you get 5 mana pots or 4 pots and an extra ward? I feel like that's a stronger opening a lot of the time, especially against armor/sustain champs like Cho. Unlimited mana for aggression and safe last-hitting with spears if you get camped. An extra ward to cover both sides of the lane to make aggression safer. It seems to me that 4 mana pots and an extra ward is simply superior to the necklace since Panth really need to win his lane more than he needs gold efficiency with the regen.


You mean like 5 health pots, 4 mana pots, and a ward? I can honestly say I've never tried it and I will definitely look into it. Generally if I was going to start that many consumables though, I would prefer a flask start to be a little more efficient. I think 4 mana pots might be too many (crazy as that sounds) and since the rejuv bead builds so cleanly into tiamat I hate to give it up so easily. What about rejuv bead + 4 health pots + 1 mana pot?

Writerman what
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
July 07 2013 19:25 GMT
#67
table of contents should actualyl link to things

otherwise good guide :O
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 06:37:43
July 08 2013 04:32 GMT
#68
I bought Pantheon a few months ago after a couple games top lane as Teemo against him where he just threw spears at me nonstop and blocked all my attacks. Then I started to play him top lane, and went 1-6. This guide made me interested in playing him mid lane though, and went 3-0 today, going 11-3-8, 7-2-5 and 10-3-5. Good stuff! :D

Now 4-0 after going 6-0-7 last game! Lost my first game top lane because our jungle Fiddlesticks decided that since he was getting counterjungled, the solution was to buy 0 wards and instead rush philosopher's stone, kage's and mobility boots. Then when we were doing baron, he just lets Nunu walk up and take it. I mean...
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 06:47:24
July 08 2013 06:47 GMT
#69
Okay, noob question here after reading the guide. At six and onwards, what are you supposed to do vs Zed? It feels as though he can afford to build defensively and still deal tons of damage, something I find Panth can't really do. It's not even like zoning him is easy, as he can still cs from a distance (unless I'm playing badly, but I really feel as though there really isn't anything I can do).
The other problem is that Zed is a lot more difficult to gank as well. You have to be constantly worrying but can be pretty safe while making you his bitch.
Also, I recently had the joy of facing tiger udyr top. He took pretty much all of the creep agro, I took barely any, and we killed each other. Then from there, he beat me up terribly. He could dive me and still end up with a kill (though I killed him too) by like level 3/4. Then I learned that Tiger stance deals this weird damage where you get hurt after getting hit (delayed damage I guess) and wasted a flash. I suppose the point of this story is that Udyr, while I may be too low level to say this, could be a tough lane for panth.

His movement speed and bear makes it actually not too hard to get to Panth and "force" him to fight. Tiger will make it so that even if you stay and fight, you will lose out hard unless you get into a good position. If you can't force him into a bad position early on, turtle starts letting him slowly ignore your harass (and with a couple of mana pots from Udyr, he can keep this up pretty easily). His gank assist I find is similar to Panth's, but it's also a lot harder to gank Udyr than it is Panth (recurring theme). Essentially, I find that if you can't get the early kill and if you stay even with him, Udyr becomes really intolerable (and this isn't later on or anything, lvl 4 or soit's really obnoxious).

Now I imagine most people here are good and won't still be dying to him under tower if they face this match-up, but does anyone have any input on how you should play the match-up?
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
July 08 2013 08:22 GMT
#70
Take my advice with a grain of salt since I'm nowhere near Atrioc but vs Udyr, I always open boots which really helps kite him around. I wouldn't really trade kills with him since he probably will scale better with the gold. A nice thing about Udyr is that he's melee so any time he wants to last hit, you can spear him and sneak a quick auto attack in for nice harass. If he every tries to engage on you, your passive+stun can easily block two attacks from him and after you disengage, you can just spear him as he walks away. Level 4/5 is really your peak killing power in lane so as long as you have been trading relatively ok, he shouldn't be able to handle your all in. Also, I'm not sure what your mindset is but vs a lot of top laners, you have to play really really aggressive as hesitating vs anyone like Udyr could be the difference of his turtle stance coming back up or not.
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
Blyf
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Denmark408 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 09:54:00
July 08 2013 08:55 GMT
#71
Udyr falls into the category of champions that are/can build tanky without sacrificing usefulness, so yes, this is a tough lane for panth and a good example of why Panth top is somewhat niche/cheesy.

If Udyr specs defensively, starts cloth+5 and maxes turtle I would say that he can be a hard counter to panth. He just has to avoid trading early, even if this means zoning himself entirely from gold (not exp). Then, with a few levels in turtle, he can start to shield spears and sustain while bullying you and scaling harder.

You do have a window of opportunity though and this will be in the very early levels, where Udyr is deceivingly squishy. Throw spears as soon as you arrive in lane, and try to force an all-in before level 3 where Udyr's stance swapping starts to pick up (dorans blade start is good for this).

Panth vs Irelia plays out almost exactly the same in my experience, and the same could be said for a lot of tanky bruisers.

Edit: Typos
"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin --- wtf? begets isn't a word. quit trying to make up words, fuckface. - Some idiot --- D3 Evelynn main with a side of Ashe/Tristana
Deleted User 45971
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
533 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 13:04:14
July 08 2013 12:24 GMT
#72
On July 08 2013 01:56 Atrioc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2013 21:07 Potatisodlaren wrote:
What's your thought on instead of going HP regen necklace you get 5 mana pots or 4 pots and an extra ward? I feel like that's a stronger opening a lot of the time, especially against armor/sustain champs like Cho. Unlimited mana for aggression and safe last-hitting with spears if you get camped. An extra ward to cover both sides of the lane to make aggression safer. It seems to me that 4 mana pots and an extra ward is simply superior to the necklace since Panth really need to win his lane more than he needs gold efficiency with the regen.


You mean like 5 health pots, 4 mana pots, and a ward? I can honestly say I've never tried it and I will definitely look into it. Generally if I was going to start that many consumables though, I would prefer a flask start to be a little more efficient. I think 4 mana pots might be too many (crazy as that sounds) and since the rejuv bead builds so cleanly into tiamat I hate to give it up so easily. What about rejuv bead + 4 health pots + 1 mana pot?


I mean that you get 5 health pots, 4 mana pots and 2 wards. 2 wards is really nice since Panth gets camped so often. The Flask start doesn't give you any wards, which is the crucial part. It's especially nice vs sustain champs like Cho. The mana pots you will use eventually although not always before the first back, so its fine I think. Getting the rejuv bead for Tiamat is really nice and efficient but Panth just wants to crush his lane, and mana pots helps him do that.

There is also the additional benefit of being able to cs with spears with the extra mana if you are getting camped, so it is both more safe and aggressive than rejuv opening. I also think that you will make more than 180g from being able to control the lane better with the extra mana when going this start, so the 180g for Tiamat rarely matters.
Guilty
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada812 Posts
July 08 2013 14:01 GMT
#73
Really well put together and presented, gives my the itch to try out mid panth instead of my typical jungle panth
"How hard could it be?" -J. Clarkson
Sakray
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
France2198 Posts
July 08 2013 14:35 GMT
#74
I used to play Panth mid after I saw wingsofdeath doing it, and yeah it wxas really strong, but I stopped playing him after the red pot nerf. I think I'm gonna give him another try
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 08 2013 20:38 GMT
#75
It's beautiful.
The ven diagram best part imo.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Sakray
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
France2198 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 22:09:20
July 08 2013 22:07 GMT
#76
Well, 9-2-3, we had a good top and jungler but it was cool.
I've rushed bruta and last whisper, but I do feel that all this arpen early is a bit of overkill, isn't it better to build bruta (or maybe black cleaver but it's expensive) then to rush BT for a huge spike of damage ? (I was using Achilles' style)
schmutttt
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia3856 Posts
July 09 2013 03:44 GMT
#77
Fuck you for playing this stupid brain dead champ

sick guide and layout though

On July 07 2013 02:41 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2013 02:32 JonnyLaw wrote:
Amazing job on this guide.

Convinced me to dust off the mantheon.

I'm definitely playing some Pantheon mid this weekend as well.
So long Kha'Zix. Hello Fizz and Pantheon for the next month.


You're a bad person
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
July 09 2013 03:53 GMT
#78
Great guide. Well done. Thank you.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
July 09 2013 05:32 GMT
#79
On July 08 2013 15:47 Dark_Chill wrote:
Okay, noob question here after reading the guide. At six and onwards, what are you supposed to do vs Zed? It feels as though he can afford to build defensively and still deal tons of damage, something I find Panth can't really do. It's not even like zoning him is easy, as he can still cs from a distance (unless I'm playing badly, but I really feel as though there really isn't anything I can do).
The other problem is that Zed is a lot more difficult to gank as well. You have to be constantly worrying but can be pretty safe while making you his bitch.
Also, I recently had the joy of facing tiger udyr top. He took pretty much all of the creep agro, I took barely any, and we killed each other. Then from there, he beat me up terribly. He could dive me and still end up with a kill (though I killed him too) by like level 3/4. Then I learned that Tiger stance deals this weird damage where you get hurt after getting hit (delayed damage I guess) and wasted a flash. I suppose the point of this story is that Udyr, while I may be too low level to say this, could be a tough lane for panth.

His movement speed and bear makes it actually not too hard to get to Panth and "force" him to fight. Tiger will make it so that even if you stay and fight, you will lose out hard unless you get into a good position. If you can't force him into a bad position early on, turtle starts letting him slowly ignore your harass (and with a couple of mana pots from Udyr, he can keep this up pretty easily). His gank assist I find is similar to Panth's, but it's also a lot harder to gank Udyr than it is Panth (recurring theme). Essentially, I find that if you can't get the early kill and if you stay even with him, Udyr becomes really intolerable (and this isn't later on or anything, lvl 4 or soit's really obnoxious).

Now I imagine most people here are good and won't still be dying to him under tower if they face this match-up, but does anyone have any input on how you should play the match-up?

Well stuff like lane Udyr is kinda why Pantheon has a much easier time mid now. There are some champs that can get tanky much faster than you can keep up in damage and/or can build tanky and still be extremely useful.
Capricious_LoL
Profile Joined December 2012
United States222 Posts
July 09 2013 05:50 GMT
#80
2/10 would not learn from.

+ Show Spoiler +
Disclaimer: I may be a troll
NA LoL: Capriciøus
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft406
RuFF_SC2 194
Nina 89
-ZergGirl 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2067
sorry 39
Bale 26
910 17
yabsab 13
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
NotJumperer 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1122
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox784
Other Games
summit1g7971
WinterStarcraft353
C9.Mang0262
Livibee161
Sick129
Maynarde127
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Stunt405
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 1m
Stellar Fest
8h 1m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.