• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:56
CEST 20:56
KST 03:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9140 users

[Champion] Cho'Gath - Page 19

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-03 16:28:45
April 03 2013 16:28 GMT
#361
Wow. I missed that nerf. It's pretty huge. Thought I wasn't sustaining as much but hard to tell.

I still get it though.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Aldrovandi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States211 Posts
April 04 2013 00:06 GMT
#362
On April 03 2013 19:15 nanospartan wrote:
I've been playing a lot of Cho'gath toplane, my build has been cloth/flask-->philo--->boots/emblem--->aegis--->tank stuff(warmogs/sunfire/randuins) I feel like i don't do any damage late outside of my feast. Should I be throwing a RoA in my build somewhere?


I've been getting nashor's after boots2+glacial shroud, you outtrade people so hard just from silence+aa's, and that's all the damage you need in laning phase. Later on, I think the CDR is really important for being useful, your role is to disrupt what the other team wants to do instead of killing them all by yourself.
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
April 06 2013 07:00 GMT
#363
I dont like RoA on Cho, actually I dont like it on most champs.

I dont know if its better than Rylais, 150 health/650 mana/more sustain vs slow sounds nice when you already have so much cc, but once you get a frozen heart i dont think you need the extra mana.
Plus, getting health and sustain isnt really what I'm looking for when laning with cho. You got the passive. I usually want AS to proc my E more often and armor/mr to help me trading while i stack up my feast.
So RoA is kinda useless imho, I dont know. I never get it
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-06 15:12:04
April 06 2013 15:04 GMT
#364
On April 06 2013 16:00 Djin)ftw( wrote:
I dont like RoA on Cho, actually I dont like it on most champs.

I dont know if its better than Rylais, 150 health/650 mana/more sustain vs slow sounds nice when you already have so much cc, but once you get a frozen heart i dont think you need the extra mana.
Plus, getting health and sustain isnt really what I'm looking for when laning with cho. You got the passive. I usually want AS to proc my E more often and armor/mr to help me trading while i stack up my feast.
So RoA is kinda useless imho, I dont know. I never get it


^

Especially since the catalyst sustain nerf, RoA is underwhelming.

I definitely think the best way to build him is to get a fast Rylai's, then just build as tanky as you need to while getting attack speed for damage from Wit's End or Nashor's Tooth. CDR is really nice on him, but it's not necessary.

Non-CDR build: Rylai's -> Wit's End -> Randuin's
CDR build: chalice --> rylai's --> nashor's --> athene's --> randuin's.
Keniji
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands2569 Posts
April 06 2013 15:54 GMT
#365
On April 07 2013 00:04 APurpleCow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2013 16:00 Djin)ftw( wrote:
I dont like RoA on Cho, actually I dont like it on most champs.

I dont know if its better than Rylais, 150 health/650 mana/more sustain vs slow sounds nice when you already have so much cc, but once you get a frozen heart i dont think you need the extra mana.
Plus, getting health and sustain isnt really what I'm looking for when laning with cho. You got the passive. I usually want AS to proc my E more often and armor/mr to help me trading while i stack up my feast.
So RoA is kinda useless imho, I dont know. I never get it


^

Especially since the catalyst sustain nerf, RoA is underwhelming.

I definitely think the best way to build him is to get a fast Rylai's, then just build as tanky as you need to while getting attack speed for damage from Wit's End or Nashor's Tooth. CDR is really nice on him, but it's not necessary.

Non-CDR build: Rylai's -> Wit's End -> Randuin's
CDR build: chalice --> rylai's --> nashor's --> athene's --> randuin's.


personally, I think cdr is more important than atk spd. There are just so many ways you can build cho, it's just up to preference.

Rylai's > RoA.
I usually build chalice or glacial first item on cho (depending on vs AD or AP) so mana isn't a big issue (especially if you max E in certain lanes), rylai's after that.

My go to build is rylai's, athene's and frozen heart most of the time. So much CC with rylai's and 40% cdr while you still do decent dmg and are somewhat tanky. after that build whatever your team needs. AP or more tanky.
When AP dmg from the enemy isn't an issue obv. skip athene's and build nashors or just more armor.

While atk spd is obv. super nice for cho for trading top lane (when you play against someone who actually do trade auto attacks) cdr is so much better in teamfights in my opinion.


Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-23 18:12:59
May 23 2013 18:12 GMT
#366
Is it viable to rush chalice / glacial after boots + 3 start on cho top?

I went for straight RoA into Dcap but catalyst sux.

So like Boots+3 -> Chalice / Glacial -> Boots2 -> RoA -> Athenes / Frozen
Useless wet fish.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
May 23 2013 18:14 GMT
#367
stop building silly items and start rushing nashor's.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
May 23 2013 18:18 GMT
#368
But wut i do about mana? Like, Boots+3 chalice / glacial into nashors then?
Useless wet fish.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
May 23 2013 20:11 GMT
#369
stop casting spells, E max, right click on them.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
May 23 2013 20:55 GMT
#370
On May 24 2013 05:11 Mogwai wrote:
stop casting spells, E max, right click on them.


On all match ups?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
May 23 2013 22:35 GMT
#371
yea, pretty much, idk, right now I just derp around with cho, max E -> W, build mass resists + nashors as feels appropriate in lane and right click on nearby creeps/the opponent themselves and then spend the whole game split pushing and soloing people. honestly I just think way too much of Cho's power is loaded into his E and passive right now so might as well suck it up and abuse those aspects.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 24 2013 02:33 GMT
#372
That's also why he drops off so hard late game, once you get to the point where people can actually kite you effectively your dps drops by like 50% and sustain is only useful in lane
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
May 24 2013 04:23 GMT
#373
On May 24 2013 11:33 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
That's also why he drops off so hard late game, once you get to the point where people can actually kite you effectively your dps drops by like 50% and sustain is only useful in lane

Most people disagree that Cho drops off. He's certainly scary in lane due to his burst and his sustain but I think he's still capable of a lot even when he doesn't sustain as much.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-24 06:15:52
May 24 2013 06:15 GMT
#374
On May 24 2013 13:23 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2013 11:33 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
That's also why he drops off so hard late game, once you get to the point where people can actually kite you effectively your dps drops by like 50% and sustain is only useful in lane

Most people disagree that Cho drops off. He's certainly scary in lane due to his burst and his sustain but I think he's still capable of a lot even when he doesn't sustain as much.

His damage definitely drops off, but his utility doesn't. Cho late-game is kinda like an un-farmed Nasus in the sense that he brings a ton of utility to the table without much farm/items/damage using Q and W cc, but his damage honestly isn't really there. Cho's cc is pretty insane if you can hit all your stuff tho.
Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
May 24 2013 07:18 GMT
#375
On May 24 2013 15:15 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2013 13:23 obesechicken13 wrote:
On May 24 2013 11:33 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
That's also why he drops off so hard late game, once you get to the point where people can actually kite you effectively your dps drops by like 50% and sustain is only useful in lane

Most people disagree that Cho drops off. He's certainly scary in lane due to his burst and his sustain but I think he's still capable of a lot even when he doesn't sustain as much.

His damage definitely drops off, but his utility doesn't. Cho late-game is kinda like an un-farmed Nasus in the sense that he brings a ton of utility to the table without much farm/items/damage using Q and W cc, but his damage honestly isn't really there. Cho's cc is pretty insane if you can hit all your stuff tho.

True damage nuke that scales with AP is always useful though. If you can make it to their backline, their squishies are going down.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-24 08:31:59
May 24 2013 08:31 GMT
#376
Cho only functions lategame when the impetus to engage is solidly on the opposing team. He's a strong peeler and most bruisers don't appreciate getting chomped for 800 true damage when they're trying to dive your team, but he's super clunky due to his long cast times and it severely limits him when he needs to be proactive. So screw it, embrace the beast, build a nashor's, refuse to teamfight, and right click on people. that or only pick him with a kog/trist/cait + lux/xerath/nid comp and peel for your bros when people try to get up in their grill.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
May 24 2013 17:58 GMT
#377
Got super fed as jungle cho, went elder lizard + rylais and it was amazing was going to get liandrys too but was a team player and got bulwark then game ended
Anakko
Profile Joined August 2012
France1934 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 03:37:00
May 25 2013 03:35 GMT
#378
Well, i tried that nashor's E max rush on cho top a few games, it actually feels pretty good and fun. Outsplitpushed a tryndamere, the cdr lets you stack feast rather fast, and if you get a frozen heart next you're nigh unkillable in the midgame. Fun for sure.

Btw i like flask/ward/pot, but what do you guys get as starting items for cho top?
TrAce/Cpt Jack for president (or both)
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 25 2013 04:10 GMT
#379
On May 24 2013 13:23 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2013 11:33 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
That's also why he drops off so hard late game, once you get to the point where people can actually kite you effectively your dps drops by like 50% and sustain is only useful in lane

Most people disagree that Cho drops off. He's certainly scary in lane due to his burst and his sustain but I think he's still capable of a lot even when he doesn't sustain as much.

I think the biggest problem with Chogath late game is that he gets weaker if he dies. There are times where you'll have fight after fight and it gets progressively easier to kill him because he won't have time or space to build stacks back up and have feast available. I feel like if you start losing fights with Cho you keep losing fights after a certain point.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
May 25 2013 04:19 GMT
#380
Rod of Ages into Zhonya's has been my core on Cho lately. Your rupture scales 1.0 and feast scales 0.7 true, I much prefer getting as high raw AP as possible for those 2 spells. Can get a chain vest or negatron cloak before the large rod if you need to be a bit tougher. I feel like everyone tries getting cute with his E and forgets just how much damage feast can do. Also much prefer rod over rylai's for the same reason, you just want raw AP and then tanky stats. Abuse the scaling and no spending gold on gimmicks.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 686
UpATreeSC 116
JuggernautJason36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18981
firebathero 188
Rush 127
Dewaltoss 97
Sexy 24
Shine 22
Bale 13
yabsab 11
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8074
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever105
Counter-Strike
fl0m1561
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1998
crisheroes1151
Liquid`Hasu783
XaKoH 147
MindelVK15
Other Games
Grubby2964
summit1g1966
Beastyqt699
FrodaN677
ceh9634
ArmadaUGS204
byalli199
C9.Mang0159
KnowMe158
Hui .147
QueenE103
Mew2King66
shahzam5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1707
League of Legends
• TFBlade1131
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• Shiphtur260
• WagamamaTV253
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 4m
Stellar Fest
18h 4m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.