• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8123 users

[Champion] Cho'Gath - Page 21

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next All
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
December 18 2014 18:47 GMT
#401
Okay, yeah, tank item-wise i was fine with. I wasn't 100% sure about getting an FH early so its good to get it cleared up.

Would you ever get Zephyr instead of Nashor's if you needed tabi? Or just screw the tenacity unless they have massive CC?
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
dzony
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland15 Posts
December 19 2014 12:10 GMT
#402
I might be a scrub, but I never feel like I really need Tabi. In the midgame I'm tanky enough with Frozen Heart due to the raw HP from Feast and Rylai's and later I can buy a Thornmail to deal with autoattackers.

If we are talking about AD items, I used to build Rageblade. But then I was like fresh level 30 and starting ranked in Silver 5. BotRK or Zephyr have pretty useful passives/actives, but I don't think they are good enough to spend 3k gold on them and get only 50% AS in terms of stats. I don't count AD, because doing more physical damage on autoattacks doesn't really do much. Cho can't afford such inefficient items, as he is a shitty champion and won't keep up with his opponents unless he optimizes his stats.

Now that I think of it, Zephyr might be a viable option if Nashor's didn't exist, because it also gives CDR. But I only get Nashor's when I'm so far ahead that I can't possibly get killed, so the choice of boots is meaningless anyway.
At least I have chicken.
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
December 19 2014 18:42 GMT
#403
Definitely agree with everyone saying Rylai's is awesome on Cho.

But I don't think Nashor's is that great. I recommend getting CDR/level blues so that all you need is FH for max CDR, and then you can build a Wit's End if you want more damage.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
December 19 2014 19:29 GMT
#404
On December 20 2014 03:42 APurpleCow wrote:
Definitely agree with everyone saying Rylai's is awesome on Cho.

But I don't think Nashor's is that great. I recommend getting CDR/level blues so that all you need is FH for max CDR, and then you can build a Wit's End if you want more damage.

I always liked Wits End on cho, i think its actually pretty legit on him tbh.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
dzony
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland15 Posts
December 20 2014 11:14 GMT
#405
I definitely agree that Wit's End is legit. I just like to carry whenever I get ahead, so I take scaling AP blues + Nashor's for more damage than scaling CDR + Wit's End. Also, not having to wait till level 18 for max CDR is pretty nice.
At least I have chicken.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
December 26 2014 02:27 GMT
#406
Wit's is much better than Nashor's on Cho unless you plan on building AP. I've done some whacky shit with like, Hourglass/Nashor's/Deathcap on Mid Cho, but Wit's is much more practical unless you're going with a heavy AP Build (which is admittedly not optimal under most circumstances).
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 27 2014 23:52 GMT
#407
Wit's End is good, but it should pretty much always be Spirit Visage or Locket imo. If you're up in their face auto-attacking that much you're in the "win more" condition. Cho's not exactly in the greatest place right now, but he does pretty well with tank items on top of a RoA or Rylais. He still stomps a couple matches toplane where you can just cloth5 into glacial and stack feast up. Generally he does well midlane, too, though you will get outscaled by a lot of champs that can stabilize with waveclear mana early enough. From the jungle you just straight up don't have the time for Wit's End. Cho's biggest weakness is that he gets kited and has long cooldowns. Wit's End only solves one of those. I pretty much universally prefer Visage or Locket unless I'm massively ahead, and in that case I prefer Triforce anyway.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-31 11:46:05
December 31 2014 11:45 GMT
#408
On December 28 2014 08:52 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Cho's biggest weakness is that he gets kited and has long cooldowns. Wit's End only solves one of those.


How does Wit's End solve either of those problems? Has no cdr, has no sticking potential. What am I missing?
Taxes are for Terrans
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
December 31 2014 19:59 GMT
#409
On December 28 2014 08:52 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Wit's End is good, but it should pretty much always be Spirit Visage or Locket imo. If you're up in their face auto-attacking that much you're in the "win more" condition. Cho's not exactly in the greatest place right now, but he does pretty well with tank items on top of a RoA or Rylais. He still stomps a couple matches toplane where you can just cloth5 into glacial and stack feast up. Generally he does well midlane, too, though you will get outscaled by a lot of champs that can stabilize with waveclear mana early enough. From the jungle you just straight up don't have the time for Wit's End. Cho's biggest weakness is that he gets kited and has long cooldowns. Wit's End only solves one of those. I pretty much universally prefer Visage or Locket unless I'm massively ahead, and in that case I prefer Triforce anyway.

Eh, I disagree. There are a lot of brawly matchups where it's not trivial that if you get on top of your opponent, you win, and in these scenarios, I find Wit's to be superior to more defensive MR options. Rumble for instance, I find very difficult to deal with with just SV or Locket, because even if I can keep myself alive with one of those items, I don't actually exert much 1 on 1 pressure on him. I also like it as a 2nd item against shit like Renekton/Shyvana/Mundo/Maokai that specialize in prolonged fights and deal significant magic damage as it can allow you to boss these guys around.

It's not a super strong teamfighting item and pales in comparison to resists/CDR in those scenarios, but Cho can really crush the vast majority of Fighters and Tanks in isolated situations and Wit's is good at pushing this strength to an extreme.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-01 19:34:41
January 01 2015 19:29 GMT
#410
On December 31 2014 20:45 Uldridge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2014 08:52 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Cho's biggest weakness is that he gets kited and has long cooldowns. Wit's End only solves one of those.


How does Wit's End solve either of those problems? Has no cdr, has no sticking potential. What am I missing?

Long cooldowns isn't a problem when you have high attackspeed. He does get free +80 AoE dmg on his E.

On January 01 2015 04:59 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2014 08:52 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Wit's End is good, but it should pretty much always be Spirit Visage or Locket imo. If you're up in their face auto-attacking that much you're in the "win more" condition. Cho's not exactly in the greatest place right now, but he does pretty well with tank items on top of a RoA or Rylais. He still stomps a couple matches toplane where you can just cloth5 into glacial and stack feast up. Generally he does well midlane, too, though you will get outscaled by a lot of champs that can stabilize with waveclear mana early enough. From the jungle you just straight up don't have the time for Wit's End. Cho's biggest weakness is that he gets kited and has long cooldowns. Wit's End only solves one of those. I pretty much universally prefer Visage or Locket unless I'm massively ahead, and in that case I prefer Triforce anyway.

Eh, I disagree. There are a lot of brawly matchups where it's not trivial that if you get on top of your opponent, you win, and in these scenarios, I find Wit's to be superior to more defensive MR options. Rumble for instance, I find very difficult to deal with with just SV or Locket, because even if I can keep myself alive with one of those items, I don't actually exert much 1 on 1 pressure on him. I also like it as a 2nd item against shit like Renekton/Shyvana/Mundo/Maokai that specialize in prolonged fights and deal significant magic damage as it can allow you to boss these guys around.

It's not a super strong teamfighting item and pales in comparison to resists/CDR in those scenarios, but Cho can really crush the vast majority of Fighters and Tanks in isolated situations and Wit's is good at pushing this strength to an extreme.

Hmmm maybe I'll give it a try against brawlers. I usually build Cho for the teamfight phase regardless of the matchup I'm in because I just feel like it's so much stronger in terms of effecting the game, but I can see the utility in having an early Wit's End for the matchups you mentioned.

Although my Cho page is generally attackspeed reds if I'm top lane and I usually E max so that might be part of the reason why I have the opinion on Wit's End ;P.

OH but one thing that is really interesting is that I've been thinking about replacing RoA with Righteous Glory because it's just so damn good and you can actually fit a Wit's End into the build from top lane if you don't have to worry about the stacking on Rod anymore...
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
January 05 2015 11:36 GMT
#411
I also run AS Reds and max E in top lane. It's not a scenario where you're overkilling on on-hit damage or attack speed, they scale well together.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Schmieds
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States312 Posts
January 05 2015 20:34 GMT
#412
So what do you think is Cho's role within a team comp? Usually just straight tank/disruptor? I've watched a lot of CaliTrlolz solo queue games (he's been spamming Cho) and he goes really offensive, Rod > Lucidity > Dcap > Twin Shadow. Any opinions?
8
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
January 07 2015 02:38 GMT
#413
http://i.imgur.com/VdWHczZ.png

I found this build on one of those guide sites and it's pretty hilarious. Relies on you not dieing though, because you have to keep your stacks high.

The extra spectres cowl is normally a frozen heart.
@miicah88
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 07 2015 03:00 GMT
#414
I usually end up going some combination of tank/cdr/auras. Most of the time the game will scale to a point where you're no longer useful as a damage source and are far more valuable carrying aura items and laying down cc with rupture/scream/feast. I have to do some testing, though, because catalyst -> something else -> finish righteous glory later seems really good now.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
January 15 2015 08:33 GMT
#415
I decided to try out jungle Cho'Gath with my Diana runes (AS/ARM/AS/AP) and I was really pleasantly surprised by how strong he felt. E/R meant never having to smite a jungle camp after the first clear (which was amazingly fast), and chilling smite makes the first Q much easier to land in ganks. The pattern was to powerfarm and gank on smite CD, maxing E->W->Q, and building stalkers->mobi boots->juggernaut->resists. Alternatively, with an early sightstone, I imagine him being a reasonable counterjungler with 30s Feast.

This may lose a bit of its strength with the upcoming chilling smite change, but even then Cho seems to fit the role I like soloQ junglers to have:

+ Safe, fast clear
+ Doesn't need buffs after first clear
+ Front liner
+ Still functional when behind

I was previously playing a lot of Sejuani, but her needing mana to farm quickly shoehorns her into ranger's and/or an earlier mana item, whereas Cho can farm quickly with E autos up to level 9. Her potential upsides are greater with a longer-range AOE engage and followup, but I can see Cho edging her out in the worse and average use cases.

Anyone here have any tips or experience with Cho in the S5 jungle?
Trust in Bayes.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-01 04:48:05
April 01 2015 04:46 GMT
#416
I started my Cho'gath run.

How do you do Cho'gath vs Riven? I got a kill on her solo and survived with my passive while minions were hitting me. Then after that she flashed every rupture in duels and killed me in the downtime and I didn't have her dps because I went Q>W>E

Is it an E max or a W max? If you go E max do you get Nashors? If you go W max, do you get Frozen Heart or RoA?
Do you try to combo W and Q together to prevent her from flashing out of your Q? Similarly do you combo them together against Fizz (E) and Fiora (R)? I've been spamming W a lot without Q.
When do you go for harass with Q? I'd always miss because Riven was good at dodging long range Qs and moving around.
How do you make it less likely that she shields right before you W? I used it on her as she came in range, and then realized she came in range to E and try to all-in me and then some of my damage would have been blocked by a 1.5 second shield.

How do you use ult?
Harass on CD when you get in range?
Feast a minion on CD?
Save it during laning until you have a potential kill?
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
cythaze
Profile Joined June 2011
830 Posts
April 01 2015 07:10 GMT
#417
I W max vs Riven or any meele-range casters in general, e max when i know that a lot of autoattacks will be traded and the enemy laner is not relying on a certain combo to trade with, that can easily be silenced.
i lterally never q max anymore because it´s not very forgiving: if u dont hit the q in the trade you are dead most likely (or getting bullied for the next minute or so)

95% of the time i go RoA, Nashors only when i know i am going to splitpush a lot (this is when i run tp over ignite also), frozen heart 2nd or 3rd item earliest, unless i lose lane heavily. Lately I´ve been going RoA, then morellos a lot because you can get on 40% cdr so quick (cdr boots or FH after)

vs riven: since i w max i never lost to her, i guess it´s just that much better than q...
just w every attempted combo, q her if she still sticks around (more or less she would be sitting on top of you) and casually walk away
Do that over and over again until she is in killing range with w+q+r

I use ult depening on MU and sums i have, if i got tp and i am in a more farm-heavy MU i ult on cd more or less. I found that ulting at lvl 6 and then just basing if you know you are not getting kill pressure/a gank anytime soon is very convenient.
With ignite (which i run only in MUs i know i can kill at 6) i try to hold un for ult a bit more in case of an opening.

only gold/plat elo tho, so i suck and don´t know if this is actually best
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
April 01 2015 14:09 GMT
#418
Pretty sure you never max Q. It gains 5 more damage per level than W and the mana cost remains flat, but silence duration is pretty big, be it in trades against casters, ganks, or teamfights. It's also way easier to hit, and you can clear a wave with W+autos without losing your "defensive" ability in case of a gank or something.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
DrunkenOne
Profile Joined August 2012
United States302 Posts
April 01 2015 16:04 GMT
#419
Dont really love RoA on cho, you dont need the sustain, FH solves all mana problems while giving badly needed CDR, and there are better items to build if you want health/AP.
Yarr?
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-01 22:47:01
April 01 2015 22:46 GMT
#420
On April 01 2015 23:09 Alaric wrote:
Pretty sure you never max Q. It gains 5 more damage per level than W and the mana cost remains flat, but silence duration is pretty big, be it in trades against casters, ganks, or teamfights. It's also way easier to hit, and you can clear a wave with W+autos without losing your "defensive" ability in case of a gank or something.

The slow gets better and it has a lower base CD though. I saw someone do it on YT even though I was pretty sure W max was more common.

I think I've just realized that people don't miss Cho'gath's Q because they're bad players but rather because the ability is hard to hit.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 781
SteadfastSC543
EnkiAlexander 73
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 543
UpATreeSC 107
BRAT_OK 57
JuggernautJason50
PtitDrogo 36
ZombieGrub34
MindelVK 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28730
Soulkey 294
Dewaltoss 117
Mini 104
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 28
Shine 19
White-Ra 3
NotJumperer 3
Dota 2
Dendi1015
qojqva978
Counter-Strike
fl0m1400
Fnx 698
shoxiejesuss697
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2259
crisheroes1683
Liquid`Hasu896
Other Games
Grubby2453
ArmadaUGS1059
B2W.Neo630
ceh9512
byalli485
C9.Mang0167
Pyrionflax104
Chillindude76
Trikslyr48
Railgan19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• Reevou 7
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix9
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV42
League of Legends
• TFBlade1199
Other Games
• imaqtpie1117
• Scarra592
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 50m
OSC
17h 50m
Stellar Fest
17h 50m
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.