• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:26
CEST 06:26
KST 13:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10591 users

[Champion] Cho'Gath - Page 20

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
May 25 2013 04:33 GMT
#381
On May 25 2013 12:35 Anakko wrote:
Well, i tried that nashor's E max rush on cho top a few games, it actually feels pretty good and fun. Outsplitpushed a tryndamere, the cdr lets you stack feast rather fast, and if you get a frozen heart next you're nigh unkillable in the midgame. Fun for sure.

Btw i like flask/ward/pot, but what do you guys get as starting items for cho top?

I do that or cloth 5 vs. like Riven/Darius type dudes.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
May 25 2013 09:07 GMT
#382
On May 25 2013 13:19 TheLink wrote:
Rod of Ages into Zhonya's has been my core on Cho lately. Your rupture scales 1.0 and feast scales 0.7 true, I much prefer getting as high raw AP as possible for those 2 spells. Can get a chain vest or negatron cloak before the large rod if you need to be a bit tougher. I feel like everyone tries getting cute with his E and forgets just how much damage feast can do. Also much prefer rod over rylai's for the same reason, you just want raw AP and then tanky stats. Abuse the scaling and no spending gold on gimmicks.


RoA and Rylai's both give the same amount of AP, though. If anything, Rylai's is better in that regard since you need to wait 10 minutes before RoA hits 80 AP.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 22:05:44
May 25 2013 22:05 GMT
#383
Holy crap Rylai's is only 2900 gold, I always thought it cost way more. Maybe Rylai's is just better than Rod after all. 100 gold, 150 hp and some mana vs the slow and not having to charge. Belt and Catalyst are pretty comparable in terms of build paths too.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
May 25 2013 22:24 GMT
#384
Rod makes you feel a lot tankier but Rylais makes you feel a lot more effective

Take your pick, I've been doing Rod from top lane when I do play but that drops off late while Rylais doesn't
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
TheLink
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia2725 Posts
May 25 2013 23:27 GMT
#385
Do you ever get Twin Shadows? seems like the best MR item for cho by a long way but I never see it. Helps you stick and traps people in your rupture.
Only the weak link is strong enough to break the chain.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 00:02:27
May 26 2013 00:02 GMT
#386
Errrrrr bulwark?

Also Abyssal is pretty good
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
May 26 2013 06:56 GMT
#387
spooky ghosts are really good, I think they're a good pick if someone else is getting bulwark and you don't wanna invest the cost of abyssal.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
WuzzupPeeps
Profile Joined October 2009
130 Posts
June 04 2013 15:46 GMT
#388
Hi, I'm a dota player who recently picked up LoL to play with my friends. I really enjoy playing chogath but most of my games go horribly wrong. I'm level 22 so I can't play ranked, as such I usually queue normal with 2-3 friends who are in silver/gold and I'm tired of being a disappointment. With cho I usually jungle and occasionally top. My biggest problems are I have zero impact as a jungler and I get crushed 9/10 times in top lane.
When I jungle, I start wolves->blue->wraiths->golems->red and after level 4 I look for an opportunity to maybe gank. If not I wait until level 6 or above. The problem is every time I go gank (if they don't have wards) people just flash/dash/whatever out of my spikes and I can never get in range to silence/eat before they just casually walk away. This happens pretty much every game and I usually end up farming the jungle and hoping my teamates don't lose lanes. If anybody on the opposing team get some kills and start dominating there's nothing I can do and the game usually goes downhill from there.
Toplane is worse, because most of the time I get bullied like crazy starting right from level 1-2. Off the top of my head my last games were against nocturne, kennen, singed and it's the same story every time. They just use some spells and autoattacks and I would already have lost 20-30% of my health while almost every jungler gank fails because they are impossible to kill. Nocturne in particular would just throw a dagger, run past the minions and start chopping with no shits given and as soon as I turn around to fight back he would shield the q/w and fear me so I lose even more hp. Since chogath is supposed to be "hard to bully" as far as I know and this happens in nearly every top game regardless of jungler ganks it must be something I'm doing wrong. Help is appreciated!
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 17:00:02
June 04 2013 16:57 GMT
#389
As far as ganking goes, if you can burn a flash just by showing up and casting Rupture on them it's actually pretty good—and a signal to keep an eye on that lane so that as soon as you get an opportunity to gank again, who can go for it with the certainty that the opponent's flash is down.
I don't know how fast Cho'Gath jungles so I can't say too much about that, but his kit should theorically allow him to gank as soon as level 2-3 depending on lanes and his start. Since you play with friends, if you can get them to give you a smiteless leash on blue buff, you can run straight to red, kill it using smite, and be level 3 when most lanes are still level 3 (or barely dinged 3), with double buff ready to gank.

There's also the fact that you're a level 30- player queueing with 30s, so with how the matchmaking's done there's probably a majority of level 30 players on the opposing team, meaning they are much more experimented than you, which plays a big role especially in top lane.
(On the other hand it should help communication, for example to get that smiteless leash, or to have them bait a trade when you come to gank, so your target already blows its cooldowns and can't just dash out of Rupture when you're suddenly here.)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 17:01:17
June 04 2013 16:59 GMT
#390
On jungling, if you burn someones flash, it means they are more vurnerable to ganks the next few minutes, so come back to the same lane again and try making something happen.
Also, you don't need level 4 for ganks, so the "quick" route in the jungle, wolf->smiteless blue->red is a super quick level 3 and then gank. (until next patch, with small camps also spawning at 1:55)
In top lane, I feel the same as you do.

Edit: @Alaric, Cho clears jungle really nicely, E does some real hard work!
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Brambled
Profile Joined July 2010
United States750 Posts
June 05 2013 04:04 GMT
#391
So how are you guys doing masteries/runes for jungle cho? Currently doing my standard 9/21/0 jungle page with attack speed runepage.
checo
Profile Joined November 2008
Mexico1364 Posts
June 05 2013 06:34 GMT
#392
On June 05 2013 13:04 Brambled wrote:
So how are you guys doing masteries/runes for jungle cho? Currently doing my standard 9/21/0 jungle page with attack speed runepage.


I usually rune 0-21-9 for the extra long buffs(i like to keep the second blue and make up for it by ganking mid several times =P, also rune AP quins, Magic Pen Reds, armor seals and MR scaling blues, works wonder at Gold III =P dont really know at higher lvls... usually go stone into RoA and from there a tanky item depending on team comp or a Giant belt
El amor no mueve al mundo, ni hace brillar el sol, pero el amor hace latir este corazon....
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
June 05 2013 10:02 GMT
#393
Basically the higher you get the more your runes and masteries should look like 0/21/9 with Gp10/AS/armor/MR mix
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
DrunkenOne
Profile Joined August 2012
United States302 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-05 14:57:01
June 05 2013 14:17 GMT
#394
On June 05 2013 00:46 WuzzupPeeps wrote:
Hi, I'm a dota player who recently picked up LoL to play with my friends. I really enjoy playing chogath but most of my games go horribly wrong. I'm level 22 so I can't play ranked, as such I usually queue normal with 2-3 friends who are in silver/gold and I'm tired of being a disappointment. With cho I usually jungle and occasionally top. My biggest problems are I have zero impact as a jungler and I get crushed 9/10 times in top lane.
When I jungle, I start wolves->blue->wraiths->golems->red and after level 4 I look for an opportunity to maybe gank. If not I wait until level 6 or above. The problem is every time I go gank (if they don't have wards) people just flash/dash/whatever out of my spikes and I can never get in range to silence/eat before they just casually walk away. This happens pretty much every game and I usually end up farming the jungle and hoping my teamates don't lose lanes. If anybody on the opposing team get some kills and start dominating there's nothing I can do and the game usually goes downhill from there.
Toplane is worse, because most of the time I get bullied like crazy starting right from level 1-2. Off the top of my head my last games were against nocturne, kennen, singed and it's the same story every time. They just use some spells and autoattacks and I would already have lost 20-30% of my health while almost every jungler gank fails because they are impossible to kill. Nocturne in particular would just throw a dagger, run past the minions and start chopping with no shits given and as soon as I turn around to fight back he would shield the q/w and fear me so I lose even more hp. Since chogath is supposed to be "hard to bully" as far as I know and this happens in nearly every top game regardless of jungler ganks it must be something I'm doing wrong. Help is appreciated!

Only just started playing cho recently so probably a lot more experts on this. Top lane Cho has a tough first few levels but you shouldn't be having too much trouble past that. It might be because you are lvl 22 going against lvl 30 people who have full masteries/runes. But starting with flask + pot + ward should give you enough sustain to survive the first few levels long enough to make you basically unkillable without ganks. Also starting cloth vs tough AD lanes makes you very durable but you then lack a ward.

I max E vs melee laners and W against ranged. Maxing E gives you huge bonus damage which a lot of people at my level (silver 1) don't expect from a Cho early on. If you are against a melee trying to all-in you (say, riven), fight in your minions, knock them up with Q, and get free AAs with E on. Your bonus damage from E combined with minion damage should let you win the trade, and if not just back off after you Q and keep farming. With your passive you should be able to quickly regain any health lost whereas they have to rely on pots.

Most importantly early on is don't spam W or Q. They don't do a lot of damage early game, cost a ton of mana, have a long cd, and are also your only disengage from an all in. Cho also has a pretty small mana pool early on, so if the enemy laner sees you spamming w and q they can just wait for you to run oom and destroy you.

When your jungler is ganking for you, and the enemy doesn't have wards, try to start autoattacking and get him focused on you. Don't use your W or Q yet until he sees the threat and starts to run, then W to prevent him from dashing/flashing and lead him with Q for the knockup which should lead to an easy kill.
Yarr?
Aldrovandi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States211 Posts
June 05 2013 21:15 GMT
#395
On June 05 2013 19:02 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Basically the higher you get the more your runes and masteries should look like 0/21/9 with Gp10/AS/armor/MR mix


GP10 quints over MS? Why's that?
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
June 06 2013 11:03 GMT
#396
It's debatable but I think they are stronger because your primary role is to carry aura items and be beefy at higher levels, not to chase people down. MS good too but I feel like GP10 trumps on Jungle Cho.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
December 17 2014 21:24 GMT
#397
For whatever reason i decided to pickup cho. Been playing him top but i have no idea how to build him. Currently i've been going 9/21/0 R>E>W>Q and running a generic AP/MPen/Armor/MR page while building tanky. It totally seems to me you can fit a damage item or 2 but im never sure what to get.
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
December 17 2014 22:31 GMT
#398
On December 18 2014 06:24 Ethelis wrote:
For whatever reason i decided to pickup cho. Been playing him top but i have no idea how to build him. Currently i've been going 9/21/0 R>E>W>Q and running a generic AP/MPen/Armor/MR page while building tanky. It totally seems to me you can fit a damage item or 2 but im never sure what to get.

when the guide says you can build literally anything that is pretty much still the case
i have won going all attack speed, ie/pd or anything with cho.

if they dont significantly bully you(which after a certain point you dont push chogath out of lane) you can snowball real hard and build pretty much anything and win
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
dzony
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland15 Posts
December 18 2014 13:05 GMT
#399
I main Cho ever since I started playing this game and I think I have the build well thought out. I'll be talking about tanky Cho top. What you want to build:
+ Armor and/or MR
+ at least some AP
+ CDR
+ AS if you're feeling offensive
What you don't want to build:
- stacking HP
- Magic pen
The core items in my build are: Mercs, Rylai's and Frozen Heart, with Rylai's being finished first. These 3 give me decent tankiness in the midgame, tenacity to not get CC'ed to death and some damage. Unlike everyone else, I get Rylai's instead of RoA, because the 15% slow applies on autos, so it lets me chase people down 1v1 or peel better. And I don't really need flat mana. After this core, I will go for Nashor's Tooth into Banshee's if I'm ahead (to push my advantage by slaughtering everyone), or another tank item. That will be Spirit Visage if I need MR, Randuin's or Thornmail otherwise. There is also the option to go Spirit Visage -> Wit's End against a really AP heavy comp. If I want to top off my build with another offensive item, I go Zhonya's or yolo Deathcap.
There are some possible combinations which I have not listed, but I have mentioned pretty much every item that can be built on Cho. Please don't buy Warmog's.
At least I have chicken.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
December 18 2014 17:03 GMT
#400
On December 18 2014 22:05 dzony wrote:
I main Cho ever since I started playing this game and I think I have the build well thought out. I'll be talking about tanky Cho top. What you want to build:
+ Armor and/or MR
+ at least some AP
+ CDR
+ AS if you're feeling offensive
What you don't want to build:
- stacking HP
- Magic pen
The core items in my build are: Mercs, Rylai's and Frozen Heart, with Rylai's being finished first. These 3 give me decent tankiness in the midgame, tenacity to not get CC'ed to death and some damage. Unlike everyone else, I get Rylai's instead of RoA, because the 15% slow applies on autos, so it lets me chase people down 1v1 or peel better. And I don't really need flat mana. After this core, I will go for Nashor's Tooth into Banshee's if I'm ahead (to push my advantage by slaughtering everyone), or another tank item. That will be Spirit Visage if I need MR, Randuin's or Thornmail otherwise. There is also the option to go Spirit Visage -> Wit's End against a really AP heavy comp. If I want to top off my build with another offensive item, I go Zhonya's or yolo Deathcap.
There are some possible combinations which I have not listed, but I have mentioned pretty much every item that can be built on Cho. Please don't buy Warmog's.

I always favored more resist heavy items on Cho, FH etc, health/resists are good too but no need to build straight health bc of his ult obv.

Bork is a fun ass item on cho too
lolol
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft390
RuFF_SC2 225
Nina 98
-ZergGirl 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2151
sorry 22
910 21
Bale 20
yabsab 17
Terrorterran 11
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
taco 368
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox785
Other Games
summit1g8594
JimRising 700
Day[9].tv462
WinterStarcraft339
C9.Mang0281
Livibee144
Sick138
Maynarde122
ViBE89
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick842
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota280
League of Legends
• Stunt345
Other Games
• Day9tv462
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 34m
Stellar Fest
8h 34m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.