• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:41
CEST 21:41
KST 04:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8942 users

[Champion] Cho'Gath - Page 18

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 22 Next All
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 14 2013 23:34 GMT
#341
Oh, one thing that I've been meaning to test as well is how much damage feast does to buffs/dragons/barons with butcher passive. I know before that passive was put in it was roughly 1k but I wonder if it'll do like 1.25k with the passive on butcher.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Aldrovandi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States211 Posts
January 15 2013 00:45 GMT
#342
Butcher doesn't enhance true damage (per lol wiki). Last week I feasted enemy blue buff in ww's face at 1003hp, it survived with 3hp and he just q'd and left.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
January 15 2013 03:25 GMT
#343
On January 15 2013 02:55 La1 wrote:
Just started playing around with cho after the weekend, I am surpised how good he is in the jungle, I was doing the spirit stone boots but going in to ninja tabi/speed 5 boots as you get the tenicicity from the upgraded spirit stone..
not sure what else to build really , thoughts? looked at a few guides and the jist is get big and tanky..

build anything and win cuz chogath is like the best hero in the game
tbh
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Keniji
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands2569 Posts
February 01 2013 07:50 GMT
#344
Mid cho.

The silence nerf certainly hurts but I think mid cho can deal best with it as he doesn't rely purely on his CC as jungle/tank cho does but also on his pretty strong burst. Tho I can't really say how much ot hurts in laneing as I didn't try it out yet. If I had to guess i'd say the silence should still be long enough to trade in your favour and get out in time.

Build:
The way I play him I do need some additional mana reg early. As I mostly play him 9/21/0 the bluebuff doesn't hold as long either.
I usually build chalice first item, but I think spirit stone might be a good alternative. Both build into good, cost effective items for cho, too.
I really like a rylais rush next (thx 5hit) as the additional tankyness (cho has to be close range eventually to feast) + the slow is just sick on cho. Hit 1 scream? Hit rupture as well and with vorpal he never gets away.
I usually build deathcap after rylais to get the burst going, the alternative would be to finish athene/spectral wraith first as cd reduction is important on cho as well.
4th item either frozen heart or locket, because cd and tankyness. I think i prefer locket (if you dont forget the active huehue). You dont need the mana of FH when you have Athene/spectral either. Discuss.
GhostOwl
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
766 Posts
February 01 2013 13:34 GMT
#345
How does support Cho work out?

He provides a really good double knock-up, and a double silence. His passive seems wasted, his E is wasted, but his R allows him to remain relatively tanky without many expensive tank items and it allows him to dish out somewhat of a high single-target damage without any offensive items.

Has anyone tried bot lane support Cho?
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
February 01 2013 13:47 GMT
#346
Jungle Cho works out pretty well with Rylai, Abyssal, Bulwark, Randuins, Ninja Tabi and Zhonyas. At least that's what I've been doing ever since I bought him.
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
February 03 2013 02:38 GMT
#347
On February 01 2013 22:47 Djagulingu wrote:
Jungle Cho works out pretty well with Rylai, Abyssal, Bulwark, Randuins, Ninja Tabi and Zhonyas. At least that's what I've been doing ever since I bought him.

In higher level games you won't be afforded the opportunity to get those items as they're really expensive for a jungler. Obviously you want a 6 item Cho as a jungler but in reality you're likely to get one, maybe two of those before most games end or they'll end up crushing you anyway because Cho really gets outscaled super late game. If you have the luxury to be getting these items on a jungle Chogath you should really be focusing on finishing games more cleanly because to get these items and not lose you pretty much have to choose not to finish a game or not know how to.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Bladeorade
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1898 Posts
February 11 2013 03:51 GMT
#348
So I was wondering about something I just tried in a game.

I was vs 5 AD it was like Yorick top, Darius jungle, GP mid, cait bot with Taric so really not much magic damage + Darius true damage. I wanted armor and some health buffer obviously (me being cho top vs yorick.) I ended up giving up 1st blood on a delayed blue invade by them and Yorick got it so I started off behind.

I went Dshield into boots and decided to go catalyst for a health buffer into tabi -> RoA -> Frozen Fist and then followed with Randuins. I felt like this build kept up my mid game damage enough when my real goal was just to survive their front line. Game ended as a win soon after. I feel like this build is a strong tank build with good midgame power and even though I started out waaay behind (he got 1st blood and was level 3 when I was 1,) I was able to catch up and eventually just ignore Yorick while farming and if I landed Q was able to kill him.

Thoughts?
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
February 11 2013 07:15 GMT
#349
Against Yorick I'm a little torn, I think one NMM is mandatory because his early game damage is magic but you should also be getting a dshield so your passive can sustain you. Rushing catalyst sounds good and should give you more sustain. The trick to playing vs Yorick is to just time your power curve correctly because once he gets muramana he puts out insane damage and you have to take control of objectives and hopefully win lane before that happens. It's a tough matchup but if you time it right you can outscale him at midgame all the way into late game, especially if you get good ganks. I'm not 100% sold on frozen fist over frozen heart, but I've seen it done a lot and it gives you a bunch of stuff you need.

If I ever see someone pick yorick into me top when i can cho i'll test l0L
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
February 12 2013 05:47 GMT
#350
nashors on cho will be the next big thing. You read it here first!
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
Bladeorade
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1898 Posts
February 13 2013 01:12 GMT
#351
On February 11 2013 16:15 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Against Yorick I'm a little torn, I think one NMM is mandatory because his early game damage is magic but you should also be getting a dshield so your passive can sustain you. Rushing catalyst sounds good and should give you more sustain. The trick to playing vs Yorick is to just time your power curve correctly because once he gets muramana he puts out insane damage and you have to take control of objectives and hopefully win lane before that happens. It's a tough matchup but if you time it right you can outscale him at midgame all the way into late game, especially if you get good ganks. I'm not 100% sold on frozen fist over frozen heart, but I've seen it done a lot and it gives you a bunch of stuff you need.

If I ever see someone pick yorick into me top when i can cho i'll test l0L

Well I feel like I disagree on NMM but your 5HIT talking about chogath... so I dunno lol. I felt really secure going dshield into catalyst as the health buffer, passive + dshield + catalyst level up was so much regen his magic damage didn't really matter. After I had this health buffer/regen Yorick just couldn't kill me so I could free farm to RoA (literally just sit in wave and kill all the minions and then attack Yorick.) After RoA I decided on Fist since I wanted to do some more damage and most of the opposing teams damage was bursty not sustainy so I didn't think FH would benefit me too much (obviously it is still a fantastic item.)

RoA + Fist is a good chunk of AP, a good chunk of EHP, an auto attack enhancer + AoE slow guarenteeing your rupture hits. Kind of like how you talked about Rylais into rupture, scream -> auto with slow -> rupture is really strong and a solid amount of damage.

I don't think this has to necessarily be vs Yorick I'm going to try it out vs a bunch of people. If you ever get a chance to test the build let me know!
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
February 13 2013 05:37 GMT
#352
does voli beat cho top? I got destroyed by voli's Frency which scales with both of our health.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
February 13 2013 06:27 GMT
#353
technically it only scales with voli's health, since it is just increased by a percentage multiplier equal to the target's missing health percent, meaning it doesn't matter how much health you have, if you're at 50% you take 50% more damage etc.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Fildun
Profile Joined December 2012
Netherlands4124 Posts
March 18 2013 14:37 GMT
#354
I know most cho's max W or Q first, but what about maxing E first? I just tried it vs a garen top and I completely wrecked face with it.
I started cloth5 and whenever he tried to Q and then spin2win me I just outdamaged him with just auto's + E (and a occasional W)

Btw this was top
Keniji
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands2569 Posts
March 18 2013 14:57 GMT
#355
On March 18 2013 23:37 Fildun wrote:
I know most cho's max W or Q first, but what about maxing E first? I just tried it vs a garen top and I completely wrecked face with it.
I started cloth5 and whenever he tried to Q and then spin2win me I just outdamaged him with just auto's + E (and a occasional W)

Btw this was top


Never max Q first, it's way to unreliable. 1 point in Q for the CC. Maxing it second or third depends on your build and matchup.

Maxing W or E depends on the matchup if you want to harass with W or trade autohits alot.

E also gives you a pretty good push ability without wasting mana (you can turn it off, too, if you don't want to push)
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
March 25 2013 02:43 GMT
#356
You can max Q first in 1v2 lanes that you need to farm in

Maxing E or W depends on lane, if you're top E max is actually standard vs certain champs

In general, max W first regardless of what lane you are in, including jungle (1-2 points e)

If you're playing caster mid cho max W then Q with one point in e at level 4
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
nanospartan
Profile Joined July 2011
649 Posts
April 03 2013 10:15 GMT
#357
I've been playing a lot of Cho'gath toplane, my build has been cloth/flask-->philo--->boots/emblem--->aegis--->tank stuff(warmogs/sunfire/randuins) I feel like i don't do any damage late outside of my feast. Should I be throwing a RoA in my build somewhere?
I was an athiest until I watched the Day[9] daily
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-03 13:05:26
April 03 2013 13:04 GMT
#358
On April 03 2013 19:15 nanospartan wrote:
I've been playing a lot of Cho'gath toplane, my build has been cloth/flask-->philo--->boots/emblem--->aegis--->tank stuff(warmogs/sunfire/randuins) I feel like i don't do any damage late outside of my feast. Should I be throwing a RoA in my build somewhere?

Cata is a really strong item. 1 health pot and 2 mana pots of regen on level up. But you want it early. If you are getting aegis instead though you should make sure your support gets locket or something.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
DrunkenOne
Profile Joined August 2012
United States302 Posts
April 03 2013 16:08 GMT
#359
I thought cata was actually much weaker after it was nerfed?
Yarr?
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
April 03 2013 16:27 GMT
#360
It got a little cheaper too, though - only 1200 now, down from 13xx in S2.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 633
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16597
Dewaltoss 116
Sexy 37
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever245
Counter-Strike
fl0m1390
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1847
crisheroes1132
Liquid`Hasu840
Other Games
summit1g4435
Grubby3677
FrodaN722
Beastyqt665
shahzam441
byalli274
ArmadaUGS184
C9.Mang0171
KnowMe169
UpATreeSC103
Mew2King78
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
StarCraft 2
angryscii 26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie880
• WagamamaTV274
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 19m
Stellar Fest
17h 19m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.