• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9466 users

[Champion] Cho'Gath - Page 17

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 22 Next All
TheHumanSensation
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1210 Posts
December 23 2012 02:22 GMT
#321
I played around with jungle cho builds a bit more. I think opening machete5 and then grabbing spirit stone / boots / flask feels good, but just leaving spirit stone as is and then building cho in the same way as season 2 felt like the best transition from it.

Some other openings I played with were faerie charm + rejuvenation bead + 3 pots, and rejuvenation bead + flask + 2 pot. The idea behind the former being to open with a fast philo stone, but it just felt a lot worse than spirit stone overall. I liked the latter more, and I played with a fast emblem of valor (aiming for aegis at 2nd / 3rd back or so) instead of spirit stone for sustain although I felt mana-starved by the time I started to eat creeps for stacks. Trying out the AP-spirit stone felt like a good combo with it, but it felt like I was building too heavily into sustain at that point.

Bead/Flask/2Pot or machete5 into spirit stone and season 2 cho feels best imo.

Also I don't like Iceborn Gauntlet on cho right away, but I think it makes a good filler item. If you get Rylais, you get a 15% AoE slow on every auto attack as opposed to every other, so I want to say it makes a nice late-game alternative to having built CDR, but then it goes and gives you CDR as well.
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
December 23 2012 05:02 GMT
#322
After spirit stone I don't think you need flask since Cho's sustain is so high.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 23 2012 09:43 GMT
#323
Yeah, and philo is 100% useless on him in the jungle now that there's spirit stone.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
December 23 2012 10:41 GMT
#324
not exactly since philo is a g/5 item, but yeah pretty much
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 23 2012 10:55 GMT
#325
If you were getting it for the gp10 then you were getting it for the wrong reason
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
AcesAnoka
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium262 Posts
December 23 2012 14:10 GMT
#326
If i play jungle cho ,what should my ward priorities be, and where do i put them?
masters terran eu
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 23 2012 14:39 GMT
#327
Assuming your laners cover their tribrushes/rivers then your only real priority is a pink on dragon. Other good spots are buffs when they're about to spawn and wraith camp.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
January 10 2013 22:49 GMT
#328
Hm, so has anyone been playing around with cho? There are just too many items I like on him, its sick, Still dont know if machete->ss is the best build, but spectral of the spirit wraith is pretty nice.

Oh, nice typo xD lol anyway, I think zeyphr is really good on him too when the there not much AP dmg on the other team (wits end). I get ninja tabi then instead of mercury treads.

Also I think wits end is pretty weak atm. What do you think of nashors on cho? xD
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
LeeDawg
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1306 Posts
January 14 2013 02:10 GMT
#329
i usually build my ss into spirit of the ancient golem over spectral wraith for the tankiness. haven't tried spectral wraith yet but i'm willing to try. maybe i'll try lizard elder too
:-)
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 02:32:03
January 14 2013 02:31 GMT
#330
Wrong thread.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
January 14 2013 05:42 GMT
#331
On January 14 2013 11:10 LeeDawg wrote:
i usually build my ss into spirit of the ancient golem over spectral wraith for the tankiness. haven't tried spectral wraith yet but i'm willing to try. maybe i'll try lizard elder too

i typically build a super late ancient golem (like, after at least 2 full items. usually 3 [wit's, FH, SV/Locket). this one time I forgot that golem had tenacity and bough mercs though, so I went Lizard and it was pretty funny applying it to the whole other team with vorpal spikes. it was bad for sure but still pretty funny.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 14 2013 06:06 GMT
#332
I've been told by a really strong Chogath player that machete + 5 pots -> giants belt (using gold/5 quints) is op because from that point on you're invincible. Lots of good pro players have been doing machete + 5 -> philo, but I think philo is not very good. Aegis rush is kind of weak now for some reason and Cho isn't a very good locket holder so I've been doing a lot of spirit stone -> Rylais kind of stuff (obviously not optimal, but really fun).

I'm still not sure what the best build path for jungle Cho is, and today in the finals we saw wits + IBG + furor merc on lane Cho. I'm not sold yet.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
January 14 2013 06:28 GMT
#333
I go machete -> spirit stone -> kindlegem -> wit's -> glacial -> FH + Locket + Ancient Golem on jungle cho. Been playing it a fair bit in ranked right now, it's very stronk IMO.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 14 2013 07:42 GMT
#334
Hmm what do you do about MR if wits isn't enough? Aegis/Bulwark? I assume you're not going merc + ancient golem right?

I've been looking around at jungle builds and I'm not quite sure what I like yet.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
January 14 2013 07:59 GMT
#335
Btw what is better for increasing clearing time, AS and maxing E or AP and maxing W? AS and E I guess, so an early Wits End maxes sense.
Damn I wanna try nashors right now
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 08:45:42
January 14 2013 08:44 GMT
#336
On January 14 2013 16:42 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Hmm what do you do about MR if wits isn't enough? Aegis/Bulwark? I assume you're not going merc + ancient golem right?

I've been looking around at jungle builds and I'm not quite sure what I like yet.

sorry, forgot to mention BoM for teh gonks. If they only have 1 magic dealer, fuck getting any more than wit's, just go Warmog's if that 1 dude is still killing you. If there's more than 1 magic dealer, go SV or Bulwark instead of locket, but I mean, really HP > MRes options right now.

On January 14 2013 16:59 Djin)ftw( wrote:
Btw what is better for increasing clearing time, AS and maxing E or AP and maxing W? AS and E I guess, so an early Wits End maxes sense.
Damn I wanna try nashors right now

I just grab the 2nd point in E @ lvl 4 and get dat recurve bow fast. E is pretty bonkers, definitely better for clear times than your other skills.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
January 14 2013 09:11 GMT
#337
lol smash how do you have time to work at riot and still be so damn good at the game
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
January 14 2013 09:12 GMT
#338
On January 14 2013 18:11 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
lol smash how do you have time to work at riot and still be so damn good at the game

I work on Live Design dude, it's basically my job to be so damn good at the game :p.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
January 14 2013 16:25 GMT
#339
Stinger seems like a reasonable alternative to recurve too, later nashors can basically carry your CDR.
La1
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom659 Posts
January 14 2013 17:55 GMT
#340
Just started playing around with cho after the weekend, I am surpised how good he is in the jungle, I was doing the spirit stone boots but going in to ninja tabi/speed 5 boots as you get the tenicicity from the upgraded spirit stone..
not sure what else to build really , thoughts? looked at a few guides and the jist is get big and tanky..
pff
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
Nathanias 132
Nina 108
SpeCial 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12910
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2472
JimRising 368
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4994
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu710
Other Games
summit1g6844
fl0m652
shahzam485
ToD177
FrodaN172
KnowMe137
ArmadaUGS118
Mew2King73
JuggernautJason59
NeuroSwarm40
ViBE29
PPMD15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur220
• Scarra134
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 24m
Stellar Fest
15h 24m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.