• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:11
CEST 10:11
KST 17:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7404 users

[Champion] Kassadin - Page 8

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
November 16 2011 22:46 GMT
#141
Shouldn't he be zeradin or something like that? It's zeratuel who can blink and had a psyblade not tassadar who's a high templar :o
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
D u o
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada381 Posts
December 01 2011 19:00 GMT
#142
Anyone have good reps of farming properly in a solo lane and dual lane. I always come out of the laning phase under farmed. Also is it good to delay a rabadons for 2 blasting wands and a needlessly large rod? [Considering the recipe price is 200 more than the second blasting wand and it's something I'll need later in my build.]
wot?
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
December 01 2011 19:04 GMT
#143
Kassadin rarely farms well, that's his big bottleneck and why I think he's pretty trashy, especially with the range nerf. You can see diatribes on this over the history of this thread. There is no solution that anyone's come up with, except to play him as a counterpick. He blows bottom lane by the way, with the possible exception of a duo lane with Soraka, but even that usually isn't enough anymore.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
D u o
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada381 Posts
December 01 2011 19:12 GMT
#144
Well I've just been doing him in soloq or dualq against baddies. I know he's hard to farm with I just enjoy his play. I come out of the laning phase with 30-40 cs but idk it just doesn't seem like its enough even to get the character started, and his ability to kill doesn't really kick in until 6 or 7 and by that time I've very little mana left because I've been forced to q farm so I can't rely on champion kills to fix the money problem. Like I know the problems with the champions and i'm not doing draft pick because I'm not really trying to learn the strategy of characters I'm just trying to work on my own game and that doesn't really matter who I go up against. Of course I'm not going to mid against someone who destroys me, hence why I go bot. If I'm not mid i'm in a dual lane because everyone refuses to jungle even with this newest patch. xD;;

Farming problem aside, do you think its smart to just delay a few of the expensive recipe costs by filling with lesser items that serve the same purpose that I'll need later?
wot?
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
December 01 2011 19:25 GMT
#145
You should have over 100 CS after laning; the issue is that the disparity against a bad matchup can look like 170 vs 100 and then your team is usually fucked. You have to Q down the opponent but his range nerf really killed his viability, he'll lose to almost every hero now. It was all he had going for him. There's nothing else I can really say on the topic beyond what's been said in this thread before.

As for items, that's more a itemization philosophy you could ask in the general discussion thread. As a tank/support player I favor always buying little items, and have been teased endless by Neo for it in the past where I'll have a full inventory of parts of like 3 items that I never get around to finishing, because I always prioritize "what I need now" than big items. But again, that's just player philosophy and style, at least in my opinion anyways.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
D u o
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada381 Posts
December 01 2011 19:27 GMT
#146
Hm Ok thanks.
wot?
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
December 01 2011 19:30 GMT
#147
No problem~ hope it helped :>
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
December 01 2011 19:31 GMT
#148
Id like to see them make Kassadin ranged, but it hink that'd be a bit op, yeah?
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
December 01 2011 19:33 GMT
#149
He has a pretty sick kit due to R, so yeah, it'd be OP. At the very least they'd have to nerf his ratios across the board, and they already aren't that fantastic. I think he's one of those heroes where one of his skills is so blatantly powerful that they have a hard time really balancing him, so they'd much prefer him be weak than be able to shit all over 1/3 the heroes in the game and end up being an annoying prick because of it.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Haato
Profile Joined March 2011
Mexico81 Posts
December 01 2011 19:44 GMT
#150
Just switch and play Leblanc. Laning against one with flat AP was like fighting kassadin all over again!
she would Q poke me from level 1 and it hurt
death is easy, comedy is hard
D u o
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada381 Posts
December 01 2011 19:52 GMT
#151
Wasn't it like that when eve had her stun and just ruined the game? I think everyone enjoys Kass because he's such an in and out assassin. At least that's why I really enjoy him. If I play him really good I go games without dying until I get really greedy or commit fully into a team fight and even then I'm literally the last one dead. Then again I'm probably not playing him nearly at the highest level, but I like characters that have unlimited potential based off of how good you as a player are and not using the character as a crutch. I feel like I have all of those things as Kass. I mean flashes, a silence, and a slow coupled with cleanse just in case they really hate you. It's super fun. Just frustrated at mainly ranged dps or tanky characters where I have to spend all my mana on farming and once I'm able to deal damage back I can't do it because of the lack of mana. It just doesn't feel proper at the moment. However I have faith in riot. Eventually Kass, eventually. x__x;
wot?
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
December 01 2011 19:59 GMT
#152
Nah, I liked him for the exact same reasons. But I also understood that he was borderline OP for the same reasons. I quit him back when ranged AD became really powerful and just DBlade'd him out of lanes because I couldn't stand just flat-out losing lanes. That R is just too strong overall for him to be balanced easily.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
D u o
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada381 Posts
December 01 2011 20:16 GMT
#153
Yeah so I don't understand why they don't increase mana costs on the R but give him some laning capability. I mean once I have a blue I NEVER run out of mana, its disgusting. So why not rework r? I guess I already know the answer, but still idk. >:| I want to use a blink stalker in LOL DAMNIT! >:O
wot?
Dgiese
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2687 Posts
December 02 2011 07:21 GMT
#154
So I just played kass (semi-drunk), and gotta HELLA fucked up by a jarvan in lane. Fortunately I got carried to victory.

Laning mid vs a jarv is a once in a lifetime thing i'd imagine... and this was my first time as kass. Just curious, how is the matchup sposed to go? I couldnt bring myself to only CS with Q, I'm too used to characters with stronger early games.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
December 02 2011 14:21 GMT
#155
On December 02 2011 16:21 Dgiese wrote:
So I just played kass (semi-drunk), and gotta HELLA fucked up by a jarvan in lane. Fortunately I got carried to victory.

Laning mid vs a jarv is a once in a lifetime thing i'd imagine... and this was my first time as kass. Just curious, how is the matchup sposed to go? I couldnt bring myself to only CS with Q, I'm too used to characters with stronger early games.


Jarv has two jumps so he fucks you up.
Running my full anti-bruiser set mentioned somewhere in the last page I think may alleviate things, but I've never tried.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
HavokTheorem
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
New Zealand250 Posts
December 27 2011 22:05 GMT
#156
Kassadin is pretty good at farming with a Hextech Revolver and Wit's End. The spell vamp and increased attack speed work very well with his W to chop up creeps and dish damage to champions who think they can take you because you are just meleeing them.
The truth does not require your approval.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-27 23:16:33
December 27 2011 23:15 GMT
#157
On December 28 2011 07:05 HavokTheorem wrote:
Kassadin is pretty good at farming with a Hextech Revolver and Wit's End. The spell vamp and increased attack speed work very well with his W to chop up creeps and dish damage to champions who think they can take you because you are just meleeing them.

Yah I've tried a semi-trolly tanky dps build on kass with atmogs and triforce seeing how kass has the highest base dmg in game after cho and skarner. His passive gives him aspd too. It actually works very well once u get your core. Only problem is that doing so basically ignores half his kit and further gimps his laning, especially against competent players. Also, I don't think spellvamp works with his w. I'll check it but generally spellvamp doesn't work with those kinds of abilities.
HavokTheorem
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
New Zealand250 Posts
December 28 2011 06:18 GMT
#158
On December 28 2011 08:15 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 07:05 HavokTheorem wrote:
Kassadin is pretty good at farming with a Hextech Revolver and Wit's End. The spell vamp and increased attack speed work very well with his W to chop up creeps and dish damage to champions who think they can take you because you are just meleeing them.

Yah I've tried a semi-trolly tanky dps build on kass with atmogs and triforce seeing how kass has the highest base dmg in game after cho and skarner. His passive gives him aspd too. It actually works very well once u get your core. Only problem is that doing so basically ignores half his kit and further gimps his laning, especially against competent players. Also, I don't think spellvamp works with his w. I'll check it but generally spellvamp doesn't work with those kinds of abilities.

Nope, I'm certain it works. It's magic damage. Unless I am magically healing every time I hit, it works.
The truth does not require your approval.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
December 28 2011 06:25 GMT
#159
On December 28 2011 15:18 HavokTheorem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 08:15 Ryuu314 wrote:
On December 28 2011 07:05 HavokTheorem wrote:
Kassadin is pretty good at farming with a Hextech Revolver and Wit's End. The spell vamp and increased attack speed work very well with his W to chop up creeps and dish damage to champions who think they can take you because you are just meleeing them.

Yah I've tried a semi-trolly tanky dps build on kass with atmogs and triforce seeing how kass has the highest base dmg in game after cho and skarner. His passive gives him aspd too. It actually works very well once u get your core. Only problem is that doing so basically ignores half his kit and further gimps his laning, especially against competent players. Also, I don't think spellvamp works with his w. I'll check it but generally spellvamp doesn't work with those kinds of abilities.

Nope, I'm certain it works. It's magic damage. Unless I am magically healing every time I hit, it works.

I believe you. Whether or not it's magic damage has no bearing on whether spell vamp is applied. Spell vamp works off of all activated abilities and spells regardless of what type of damage it deals, but it only works off activated spells/abilities. It doesn't work off passive skills like Fizz's W or Oriana's passive.
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
December 28 2011 08:22 GMT
#160
On December 28 2011 08:15 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 07:05 HavokTheorem wrote:
Kassadin is pretty good at farming with a Hextech Revolver and Wit's End. The spell vamp and increased attack speed work very well with his W to chop up creeps and dish damage to champions who think they can take you because you are just meleeing them.

Yah I've tried a semi-trolly tanky dps build on kass with atmogs and triforce seeing how kass has the highest base dmg in game after cho and skarner. His passive gives him aspd too. It actually works very well once u get your core. Only problem is that doing so basically ignores half his kit and further gimps his laning, especially against competent players. Also, I don't think spellvamp works with his w. I'll check it but generally spellvamp doesn't work with those kinds of abilities.


those pseudo dps hybrid builds used to work sooo much better when he did APen on his w. I used to troll around with a manamune, gextech hunblade, triforce build. Tho, i guess an on-hit centric build might actually be interesting (wits, razors, etc). It's kinda silly, but then again, trying to make an ap build work in increasingly poor matchups is a bit silly too
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 75
EnDerr 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2468
Rain 1576
FanTaSy 432
Soma 84
Mong 76
Killer 56
NotJumperer 44
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
[ Show more ]
Sharp 15
Shinee 14
yabsab 14
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
Fuzer 70
League of Legends
JimRising 510
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss392
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
summit1g8128
olofmeister1046
ceh9404
Happy265
KnowMe135
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick688
BasetradeTV171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2217
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1054
• Stunt505
Other Games
• Shiphtur861
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 49m
INu's Battles
2h 49m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 49m
OSC
14h 4m
Replay Cast
14h 49m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.