• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:12
CEST 10:12
KST 17:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7449 users

[Champion] Kassadin - Page 6

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 13 Next All
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 19 2011 22:16 GMT
#101
On September 20 2011 06:28 Southlight wrote:
Friend's account? Nope :x

After PStone/Cata I'd honestly be looking toward mid-game items, not sustain. It's really that first one or two items :/


I dunno if you bank on turning the Revolver into WotA eventually I could see it working. I'll try it out later.
My basic start is still PStone-->Cata though.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
September 19 2011 22:44 GMT
#102
I'd assume you would, because it's a cheap upgrade, the real question is whether it's an improvement over PStone (for instance) vs ranged AD, or whatnot. Hahah.

I'll test it as well as some point.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-20 02:01:57
September 20 2011 01:57 GMT
#103
Tried it out against a Malz....not convinced.
You definitely hit MUCH harder early on and the sustain is decent, but I couldn't see how well it translated into midgame because the game was over long before that with our jungle GP lagging out and bottom feeding real hard.
Gonna try again probably.
As far as laning against bruisers/AD ranged I'll have to try it out in a practice environment because metagame lololol.

Edit: I should actually specify: the sustain from autoattacking with W on is REAL nice. Not worth leveling W more than once though.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
September 20 2011 07:00 GMT
#104
Dun think it's worth it vs AP hahah. The PStone -> Cata (honestly you can just rush Cata off Sapphire IMO) is sufficient. I'm trying to adjust to Bruisers and Ranged AD; in particular the latter, as Cloth+5 with defensive rune/mastery lets you even up a bit against Bruisers :[
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Cloud9157
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2968 Posts
September 21 2011 02:10 GMT
#105
So is Kass insanely powerful, or do people just not know how to play against him?

I'm pretty sure I've gone about 10-3 the last 13 games. Been destroying mostly AP champs (Cass, Annie, Swain, Malz) but I've also taken down TF and Trist mid.

Granted, I'm still in blind solo queue, but come on.. I haven't played Kassadin in like 2 months and now I'm just dominating nearly every game I play as him.
"Are you absolutely sure that armor only affects the health portion of a protoss army??? That doesn't sound right to me. source?" -Some idiot
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
September 21 2011 02:39 GMT
#106
Players that know their heroes and give Kassadin the respect he deserves, as opposed to the respect they think he deserves, can bludgeon him. At low levels of play though people give him far too much respect, which allows him to equal/get ahead in farm, which offsets his one crippling weakness (early-game). Also he hardcounters a bunch of AP heroes.

Other than that though he abuses lack of coordination, so yeah, a lot of people struggle mightily against Kass.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
September 21 2011 04:00 GMT
#107
Kass still loses against all those bruisers I remember the first time I went up against Irelia. It still hurts.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
September 21 2011 04:13 GMT
#108
I tested out stuff for bruisers, I can do okay against them now.

Last bastion is ranged AD...

... specifically Cait and MF.

/me sighs
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
September 21 2011 04:40 GMT
#109
wai so sad ootuh...
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
September 21 2011 04:43 GMT
#110
Ban Cait :D? I personally think she is super strong anyways.

Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Nehsb
Profile Joined May 2009
United States380 Posts
September 21 2011 04:47 GMT
#111
On September 21 2011 13:13 Southlight wrote:
I tested out stuff for bruisers, I can do okay against them now.

Last bastion is ranged AD...

... specifically Cait and MF.

/me sighs


You can lane against Kog'Maw? It feels like if cait/mf aren't amazing kass vs. cait/mf is winnable, but kass vs. kog'maw feels like I can't get a single non-Q creep kill without taking massive damage. His w range makes it so that I can't q him either without trading like 4:1 because his range is longer than mines.
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
September 21 2011 04:54 GMT
#112
On September 21 2011 13:47 Nehsb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 13:13 Southlight wrote:
I tested out stuff for bruisers, I can do okay against them now.

Last bastion is ranged AD...

... specifically Cait and MF.

/me sighs


You can lane against Kog'Maw? It feels like if cait/mf aren't amazing kass vs. cait/mf is winnable, but kass vs. kog'maw feels like I can't get a single non-Q creep kill without taking massive damage. His w range makes it so that I can't q him either without trading like 4:1 because his range is longer than mines.


I can't farm or trade damage vs competent caitlyns.. so Idk what their doing wrong in your games ;/
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
September 21 2011 04:58 GMT
#113
On September 21 2011 13:47 Nehsb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 13:13 Southlight wrote:
I tested out stuff for bruisers, I can do okay against them now.

Last bastion is ranged AD...

... specifically Cait and MF.

/me sighs


You can lane against Kog'Maw? It feels like if cait/mf aren't amazing kass vs. cait/mf is winnable, but kass vs. kog'maw feels like I can't get a single non-Q creep kill without taking massive damage. His w range makes it so that I can't q him either without trading like 4:1 because his range is longer than mines.


Oh yeah Kog, Kog's kind of a bitch too. Fortunately unlike MF and Cait he's at least predictable; the traps and the MF Q really fuck up Kass in those matchups, is the difference the way I see it. I haven't tested vs Kog tho, and the last time I faced one was like last summer, lol.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
September 22 2011 09:26 GMT
#114
Ok, I saw the enemy team first pick Kass so I thought I'd take Cait and go mid. I was all confident and stuff when I got the the lane and started trapping it up like crazy. Was absolutely dominating the Kass (without actually landing a kill, though), having at least double his CS for the entire laning phase. He was raging at me in all chat about my traps and stuff, so I knew I was doing something right, but then WW hit 6 and I got exploded by him and Kass together.

After that it was downhill. I could still out farm him and control the lane, but I guess I got way too overconfident and kept giving WW (who was camping my lane pretty much all the time from then on) chances to ult me and, therefore, Kass free kills.

Now, I haven't played Kass in ages, maybe once or twice in the last year at most, so I'm not too familiar with his current power curve. There are a couple of mistakes that I know I made, namely: I didn't build Mercs, or even buy a negatron before I'd died several times to him and I pushed too hard against a post level 6 WW.

Is there anything else that I should be aware of? I mean, does it just get to a point where you have to switch lanes with someone who can survive his burst? Do you have to build heavy MR even if you're miles ahead in farm?

To be honest, it felt like Kass didn't even need WW to ult me after the first time. His burst was so powerful that even if I flashed his first combo and even recalled to heal up, I would be super vulnerable once I returned.

Fortunately I got carried super-hard by a friendly TLer who was playing solo top Blitz and we ended up winning the game, but it was the worst I've ever done with Caitlyn by a long long way.
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
September 22 2011 09:40 GMT
#115
put 2 wards, 1 in j brush and 1 on wraith ramp, depending on what side you're on
if you're dominating him hard enough you should have more than enough gold for that
buy some pots for safety if you're not rushing bt and therefore the vamp scepter anytime soon
you are now ungankable and can continue with fair confidence up to the middle of the lane from which cait can practically cs most reasonable waves lol

when your wards are about to run out push wave and back
buy wards and new items
rinse and repeat
Hey! Listen!
Deleted User 30223
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3104 Posts
September 22 2011 11:36 GMT
#116
after today i am thoroughly convinced that RoA kass is the pussy way to play him. ToG -> deathcap -> AA is only way
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-22 14:03:29
September 22 2011 14:02 GMT
#117
Well realistically your post just sounds like you got rocked by WW, not Kass, lol.

Edit:
Also, for ranged DPS the #1 weapon against Kass is lifesteal. It's really hard for Kass to deal with it, to the point where when we were doing testing Turkey mentioned he thought DBlade -> Vamp was actually superior to DBlade stack vs Kass, lol.

Also he'd just fire his ult on CD just to fuck with me. Blah.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
September 22 2011 14:21 GMT
#118
buy a QSS. WW ult + any AP character will just kill a ranged carry in lane if allowed to hit the WW ult, so just QSS out. QSS #1 item.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
September 22 2011 17:11 GMT
#119
On September 22 2011 20:36 goldenkrnboi wrote:
after today i am thoroughly convinced that RoA kass is the pussy way to play him. ToG -> deathcap -> AA is only way


i dont think i've ever seen tear abbreviated as ToG, had to look it up rofl
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-22 17:57:35
September 22 2011 17:56 GMT
#120
On September 22 2011 23:02 Southlight wrote:
Well realistically your post just sounds like you got rocked by WW, not Kass, lol.

Edit:
Also, for ranged DPS the #1 weapon against Kass is lifesteal. It's really hard for Kass to deal with it, to the point where when we were doing testing Turkey mentioned he thought DBlade -> Vamp was actually superior to DBlade stack vs Kass, lol.

Also he'd just fire his ult on CD just to fuck with me. Blah.

how you utterly humilliate kassa as caitlyn:
wriggles
negatron cloak
GEEEEEEEGEEEEEEE
I know you know it, but it happend to me last time i played kass, ugh I wanted to be sadistic soo badly afte that
In the woods, there lurks..
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 75
EnDerr 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2468
Rain 1576
FanTaSy 432
Soma 84
Mong 76
Killer 56
NotJumperer 44
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
[ Show more ]
Sharp 15
Shinee 14
yabsab 14
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
Fuzer 70
League of Legends
JimRising 510
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss392
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
summit1g8128
olofmeister1046
ceh9404
Happy265
KnowMe135
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick688
BasetradeTV171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2217
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1054
• Stunt505
Other Games
• Shiphtur861
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 48m
INu's Battles
2h 48m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 48m
OSC
14h 3m
Replay Cast
14h 48m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.