• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:40
CEST 04:40
KST 11:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8394 users

[Champion] Shaco - Page 16

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 20 Next All
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 25 2011 08:51 GMT
#301
So why hasn't the double buff level 3 at 2:18 route been posted yet?

I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
December 25 2011 08:52 GMT
#302
Also RIGHT before they changed the masteries Honver and I spent about an hour fine tuning a lv 1 dragon strat on shaco. That shit was SO LEGIT until they patched and now it's useless looooool.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-25 16:41:23
December 25 2011 15:53 GMT
#303
Things you can do better from the vid that 5hitcombo posted. If you give up that stupid quint bonus exp, you can get to lvl 3 off one lane creep. That's not hard. I'd rather get another quint than bonus exp. Blues, change atk speed blues for either cdr or ap, You can get to 10 ap off partial blue runes and 1 ap quint than 2 ap quints. I think this is better than some crappy atk speed bonus. With Micro, you can get to red by 25 seconds. Boxes last 90 seconds, 5 seconds if they activate fear. YOu can potentially shave approximately 4 seconds from that video by doing that. CDR blues and the cdr 4% offensive mastery allows you to get to wolves before 1:40.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
December 25 2011 17:53 GMT
#304
On December 25 2011 17:52 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Also RIGHT before they changed the masteries Honver and I spent about an hour fine tuning a lv 1 dragon strat on shaco. That shit was SO LEGIT until they patched and now it's useless looooool.


Hmm.. I was asking people what they thought about that here (or maybe it was the EU LP?) and everyone just shut it down saying that it wouldn't put you far enough ahead to be worth it.
SHr3DD3r
Profile Joined March 2009
Pakistan2137 Posts
December 25 2011 18:20 GMT
#305
The main reason people might have been against it was probably due to the Exp Quint. I will try out what numbers mentioned - but I never really had the need for it though. Plus Shaco banned all the time ((
Hit them hard! Hit them low! - Forever a Bisu Fan!~!
AsianEcksDragon
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1036 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-19 13:52:58
January 19 2012 13:39 GMT
#306
So after the box duration nerf you can only cast 4 boxes before the jungle spawns. This is what I've been doing.

1) 4 boxes at small golem starting at ~0:45. This gives your first box a good 5 seconds to deal damage before expiring.
2) Do small golem as soon as it spawns and have a teammate be on standby to leash red.
3) Have teammate leash lizard. Make sure to backstab the lizard while it's still leashed. Clear red with box + smite.
4) Wraiths, Wolves then Blue. Your smite should be back up by then.

Clear time ~3:20-3:25

神は乗り越えられる試練しか与えない
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 16:41:06
February 09 2012 16:40 GMT
#307
How does one deal with an enemy jungle shaco? I very often solo queue ranked as Ahri, and when Shaco shows up at lvl2 with a red buff i find it hard to escape even with Flash. Past 6 I can get away easier with my ult but if he ganks other lanes it's still very hard to deal with. Do I just ward more often and pray to god that someone's paying attention? He can also deceive over walls which is very annoying to deal with whether he's using it for a surprise gank or as an escape tool.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
February 09 2012 16:59 GMT
#308
Rather easy answer is to just play passive the first three levels. Had to learn that top lane when Lee Sin's level 2 gank strength was abused every game. Don't force trades really early on, and if you start getting zoned just ask for your jungler to come after wraiths before you miss out on too much cs.
Hey! How you doin'?
nFxion
Profile Joined August 2010
United States57 Posts
February 09 2012 17:15 GMT
#309
I would think that you are overextended at that point if he ganks lvl 2? I mean ive done lvl2 shaco ganks but most people will be out of range to escape that;;
ibreakurface
Profile Joined June 2010
United States664 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 19:11:04
April 03 2012 18:02 GMT
#310
So I've been trying out shaco and I have a problem with sustain in the jungle. To my knowledge he supposed to gank a ton correct? Well after doing 3-4 camps I'm always too low to attack a lane without risking death.

Also, around late mid-game shaco gets ultra squish and can basically be one shot by anyone, how do you guys counter this? If he makes defensive items does he become useless?
:) I play zerg. FOX AND KT ROLSTER COASTER FAN! Because I love everyone. Except bisu.
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
April 03 2012 18:20 GMT
#311
Can you still see the blink animation even when he is in fog of war / bushes?
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
April 03 2012 19:14 GMT
#312
Yes, if you talk about the orange puff.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Strykemard
Profile Joined April 2012
168 Posts
April 12 2012 04:40 GMT
#313
On April 04 2012 03:02 ibreakurface wrote:
So I've been trying out shaco and I have a problem with sustain in the jungle. To my knowledge he supposed to gank a ton correct? Well after doing 3-4 camps I'm always too low to attack a lane without risking death.

Also, around late mid-game shaco gets ultra squish and can basically be one shot by anyone, how do you guys counter this? If he makes defensive items does he become useless?


I think you might be making a mistake in your JitB placement. You might have to wait for the cd to place 2 JitB for some camps so that they tank and the creeps die by then. If that doesnt help you have to go to the old school method of porting back or getting more pots. His hp pool is fairly low so you can pot up to almost full health easily.
lIlIlIlIlIlI
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Korea (South)3851 Posts
April 19 2012 05:39 GMT
#314
--- Nuked ---
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
April 19 2012 05:47 GMT
#315
Started off With W (Jack in the box), buy boots + 3 pots.

Run to your wraiths, place 1 box at 0:43 seconds.

Everytime your box cooldown is up place it ontop of exactly where the Red lizard will spawn. You'll be able to get 3 down and it'll be about 1:35 or so. Go over to wraiths, they'll spawn at 1:40. They'll get feared, dps down the big wraith. You should be able to kill 1 or maybe 2 of the small wraiths (depending if you crit at all or more backstab attacks), when it gets to about 1:52 or so start to run towards your Red. (There will still be 1 or 2 small wraiths up, this is okay, tell your Mid to clear them out when he gets a chance)

Red will spawn, your boxes will fear, immediately place another box while the fear is happening. Kill this whole camp WITHOUT using smite. Put a point into Q.

Make your way over to blue, Use your W to place a box over the wall so it spawns almost on top of Blue. Use Q and wait for the box to fear Blue. Open up on blue. You'll be able to use your smite here, clear the whole camp.

You are now level 3 at about 2:40 or so. Immediately go towards top or bottom (depending if you are blue/purple) or mid. If the gank fails go to the next lane, then the next, then the next.

Honestly for the next couple of minutes (while you still have the lizard buffs) you should be running lane to lane to lane trying to gank.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
lIlIlIlIlIlI
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Korea (South)3851 Posts
April 19 2012 05:49 GMT
#316
--- Nuked ---
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
April 19 2012 05:58 GMT
#317
Depends, if I get a gank or two early I'll go back, grab a couple hp pots and buy a brutalizer. This is such a huge boost to your damage especially if you can get it by say the 5 minute mark. At that point you can start to counter jungle and/or keep going lane to lane making sure every lane wins.

Usually though yes, it's Wriggles into Boots of Mobility into your regular AD carry items, IE, BT, PD. At least this is how i play him anyway.

I use AD reds, armor yellows, MR blues and MS or AD quints depending.

I also run 21/0/9 with all your basic AD offense talents the 9 into utility to get the extended buff duration.

Unsure if other players follow these exact builds but it's what I use when I play shaco and it seems to work nicely.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-19 06:17:02
April 19 2012 06:11 GMT
#318
On April 19 2012 14:49 randomKo_Orean wrote:
What about masteries and build order? I heard you should go 9-0-21 for the experience boost from the utility tree. I'm guessing Apen/AD runes with wriggles, boots of mobility.... and then what?


Nah, go 21/0/9, taking all the AD from Offense (basically everything on the left side) and then the speed boost and buff increase in Utility.

For items I'd start boots+3, then rush Wriggles lantern. Wriggles increases your clear speed siginificantly, allows you to solo dragon within 30~ seconds as early as level six (kinda risky) and allows you to be a dangerous split pushing force when you no longer a threat to enemy champions.

Other than that build as you need. It kinda silly to build as a huge glass cannon because you kinda useless in teamfights anyway. Its worth noting with your Ult, wriggles, and a Madreds Bloodrazer Shaco can solo Baron rather easily and safely, should there come a time when people just randomly out of position or you know they dont have wards you can do that as well.

Other than that, gank early and as often as possible, then just split push and pressure map objectives once the late game hits. Shaco is a terrible teamfighter, it is almost pointless to be there int he firstplace. Especially since after the 25 minute mark or so he can kill towers ridiculously fast with ult.
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
August 24 2012 02:54 GMT
#319
It's pretty hard to find any relevant information on shaco because most of the info out there is old and noone really plays shaco that much. Im training in normals to see if I can bring shaco to ranked play, and I'm having some success, but have a few questions.


1) If mid/bot (or top depending on the side) is pushed at level 2 right after you've finished red buff, do you attempt a gank? I know shaco has some of the best pre 6 ganks and most of the good shacos I've seen have lvl 2 ganked, but I can almost never do so effectively. The best I can do usually is use exhaust on a mid gank and force a flash and a back, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to use exhaust for my mid lane to get up 15 or so CS.

2) What to build after wriggles? I've seen some people say you need to build a bruatalizer ASAP, while some say you need to rush to either a bloodrazor, triforce, or Black Cleaver. I've been going bloodrazor for super fast barons usually followed up by a GA, but that's just because I picked something, I don't really know what's best.
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
August 24 2012 03:04 GMT
#320
idk I always get infinity edge after wriggles
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
RuFF_SC2 130
FoxeR 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1609
Shuttle 1409
Artosis 597
Dewaltoss 45
NaDa 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift3751
Counter-Strike
taco 537
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Other Games
summit1g7929
WinterStarcraft338
C9.Mang0288
ViBE98
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 20m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.