• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8408 users

[Champion] Shaco - Page 20

Forum Index > LoL Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 All
lilwisper
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2515 Posts
June 24 2014 13:16 GMT
#381
On June 24 2014 19:44 Ota Solgryn wrote:
The new jungle is pretty easy to get through with shaco now. Even when disrupted. So I think one of his big weaknesses has been removed.

But how to build him now. I am at a loss. I try the standard first jungle item and after that I have no idea. Tri force is too expensive. Ghostblade is too gimmicky I feel.

Anyone have any advice or experience.

I was diamond last season, currently upper plat as I just started playing again after a long break.


I'm a lowbie but from what I have read, Static Shiv seems to be the second or third item some people go for, others shoot for Hydra. If I may ask, what makes you feel Ghostblade is too gimmicky? It seems good with the armor pen, speed boost and dmg. Those seem like good things to have on Shaco.
Ota Solgryn
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark2011 Posts
June 24 2014 15:23 GMT
#382
On June 24 2014 22:16 lilwisper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 19:44 Ota Solgryn wrote:
The new jungle is pretty easy to get through with shaco now. Even when disrupted. So I think one of his big weaknesses has been removed.

But how to build him now. I am at a loss. I try the standard first jungle item and after that I have no idea. Tri force is too expensive. Ghostblade is too gimmicky I feel.

Anyone have any advice or experience.

I was diamond last season, currently upper plat as I just started playing again after a long break.


I'm a lowbie but from what I have read, Static Shiv seems to be the second or third item some people go for, others shoot for Hydra. If I may ask, what makes you feel Ghostblade is too gimmicky? It seems good with the armor pen, speed boost and dmg. Those seem like good things to have on Shaco.


It's becuase shaco is so squishy and have no survivablity skills. So if he is ahead and against bad players ghostblade wrecks. But if you are against decent players you need something that mixes survivability and dmg, imo.
ihasaKAROT: "Wish people would stop wasting their lives on finding flaws in others"
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
June 24 2014 16:36 GMT
#383
I still just rush tiatmat/hydra into shiv & try to split push 24/7.

Lot of the time I'll go machete+5, just to help with jungle a bit plus the 5 pots allows me to sit in the enemy jungle, early game, a lot longer. Usually rush Pickaxe + Boots if possible, then into tiamat. Sell Machete to get your tiamat faster imo. After Tiamat, get Mobos & Vamp. Then either finish Hydra or start building towards Shiv, once you finish Shiv, finish Hydra if you haven't yet.

Usually I'll grab LW as my 3rd item and then grab a tanky item. With Tiamat/Shiv/LW, you can pretty much 1v1 anyone besides some super fed champs or some really strong 1v1 duelists (jax, ren, trynd, etc etc) although even then as long as you ult and kite away you can usually come out ahead.

With Mobos, Deceive, Hydra & Shiv, you push lanes soooooooo fast, remember you can ult + box on towers/inhibs to kill them even faster. Not sure if anybody can kill towers faster than shaco. I guess Master Yi probably.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
lilwisper
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2515 Posts
June 24 2014 16:52 GMT
#384
On June 25 2014 00:23 Ota Solgryn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 22:16 lilwisper wrote:
On June 24 2014 19:44 Ota Solgryn wrote:
The new jungle is pretty easy to get through with shaco now. Even when disrupted. So I think one of his big weaknesses has been removed.

But how to build him now. I am at a loss. I try the standard first jungle item and after that I have no idea. Tri force is too expensive. Ghostblade is too gimmicky I feel.

Anyone have any advice or experience.

I was diamond last season, currently upper plat as I just started playing again after a long break.


I'm a lowbie but from what I have read, Static Shiv seems to be the second or third item some people go for, others shoot for Hydra. If I may ask, what makes you feel Ghostblade is too gimmicky? It seems good with the armor pen, speed boost and dmg. Those seem like good things to have on Shaco.


It's becuase shaco is so squishy and have no survivablity skills. So if he is ahead and against bad players ghostblade wrecks. But if you are against decent players you need something that mixes survivability and dmg, imo.


I see what you mean. He is a glass cannon. I just wished they upped his dmg just a little bit, especially since they nerfed his deceive so much.
Ota Solgryn
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark2011 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-25 10:32:46
June 25 2014 10:30 GMT
#385
On June 25 2014 01:52 lilwisper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2014 00:23 Ota Solgryn wrote:
On June 24 2014 22:16 lilwisper wrote:
On June 24 2014 19:44 Ota Solgryn wrote:
The new jungle is pretty easy to get through with shaco now. Even when disrupted. So I think one of his big weaknesses has been removed.

But how to build him now. I am at a loss. I try the standard first jungle item and after that I have no idea. Tri force is too expensive. Ghostblade is too gimmicky I feel.

Anyone have any advice or experience.

I was diamond last season, currently upper plat as I just started playing again after a long break.


I'm a lowbie but from what I have read, Static Shiv seems to be the second or third item some people go for, others shoot for Hydra. If I may ask, what makes you feel Ghostblade is too gimmicky? It seems good with the armor pen, speed boost and dmg. Those seem like good things to have on Shaco.


It's becuase shaco is so squishy and have no survivablity skills. So if he is ahead and against bad players ghostblade wrecks. But if you are against decent players you need something that mixes survivability and dmg, imo.


I see what you mean. He is a glass cannon. I just wished they upped his dmg just a little bit, especially since they nerfed his deceive so much.


No he is not even a glass cannon. Shaco does not have amazing burst or sustained damage. All of his skill set sets around "outplay", meaning coming from weird places/angles, dodging skillshots with decieve and ulti, and using that twoshiv, and boxes to surprice people.
So as items he needs something to help with this while giving making him able to survive in a stall out.

For instance, boots of mobolity is amazing on shaco, due to them helping him to be in weird places and coming out when you dont expect it.
ihasaKAROT: "Wish people would stop wasting their lives on finding flaws in others"
Ota Solgryn
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark2011 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-25 10:33:23
June 25 2014 10:31 GMT
#386
On June 25 2014 01:36 SidianTheBard wrote:
I still just rush tiatmat/hydra into shiv & try to split push 24/7.

Lot of the time I'll go machete+5, just to help with jungle a bit plus the 5 pots allows me to sit in the enemy jungle, early game, a lot longer. Usually rush Pickaxe + Boots if possible, then into tiamat. Sell Machete to get your tiamat faster imo. After Tiamat, get Mobos & Vamp. Then either finish Hydra or start building towards Shiv, once you finish Shiv, finish Hydra if you haven't yet.

Usually I'll grab LW as my 3rd item and then grab a tanky item. With Tiamat/Shiv/LW, you can pretty much 1v1 anyone besides some super fed champs or some really strong 1v1 duelists (jax, ren, trynd, etc etc) although even then as long as you ult and kite away you can usually come out ahead.

With Mobos, Deceive, Hydra & Shiv, you push lanes soooooooo fast, remember you can ult + box on towers/inhibs to kill them even faster. Not sure if anybody can kill towers faster than shaco. I guess Master Yi probably.


Hmm, I can see the tiamat working a bit. Ill try this a couple of games.
ihasaKAROT: "Wish people would stop wasting their lives on finding flaws in others"
Ota Solgryn
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark2011 Posts
June 25 2014 12:20 GMT
#387
On June 24 2014 22:16 lilwisper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2014 19:44 Ota Solgryn wrote:
The new jungle is pretty easy to get through with shaco now. Even when disrupted. So I think one of his big weaknesses has been removed.

But how to build him now. I am at a loss. I try the standard first jungle item and after that I have no idea. Tri force is too expensive. Ghostblade is too gimmicky I feel.

Anyone have any advice or experience.

I was diamond last season, currently upper plat as I just started playing again after a long break.


I'm a lowbie but from what I have read, Static Shiv seems to be the second or third item some people go for, others shoot for Hydra. If I may ask, what makes you feel Ghostblade is too gimmicky? It seems good with the armor pen, speed boost and dmg. Those seem like good things to have on Shaco.


And yeah, Static shiv also probably good. Especially with move speed increase.
ihasaKAROT: "Wish people would stop wasting their lives on finding flaws in others"
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
June 26 2014 00:23 GMT
#388
There is a Diamond shaco main who builts tiamat pretty much every game. Blade might be a good buy now.
@miicah88
Ota Solgryn
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark2011 Posts
June 26 2014 08:27 GMT
#389
So I scipped going a "jungler" item and it seems to really work to get Static Shiv, tiamat and mobo faster.
Actually that might have been my main issue as the jungler items scale terribly with Shacos skillset.
ihasaKAROT: "Wish people would stop wasting their lives on finding flaws in others"
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
June 26 2014 16:18 GMT
#390
Yeah, TIamat should be core in everyone's Shaco build if it isn't already. It, and to a lesser extent Shiv, are the reasons why "Shaco falls off lategame" is a fallacy of the past.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
June 29 2014 02:21 GMT
#391
BeautifulKorean seems to generally be going mobis, lizard elder, BotRK, shiv, IE/LW.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
June 29 2014 06:27 GMT
#392
I definitely prefer BotRK over Hydra on Shaco if given a choice, the CC is really big especially because you'll be playing on the edge a lot and escaping with extra movespeed makes it a lot easier to deceive out of tougher spots.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
July 01 2014 05:30 GMT
#393
I rarely actually finish Hydra, usually Tiamat/Bork game dependant into Shiv into either IE or tanky depending on gameflow
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
July 01 2014 12:09 GMT
#394
Is it actually worth it to go for elder lizard? I always thought a spirit stone is enough. Although I haven't started playing Shack yet I think it would be better if he just went spirit stone and then into the tiamat/Bork. Is finishing elder lizard worth it? I mean you will prolly be splitpush in the lane more than actually farm the jungle at some point and before that you are probably ganking lanes quite a bit. Or do you guys feel like the conservation is worth it?

Also I always thought tiamat>bork due to the split pushing power? But I guess in some games you will probably not be able to split push a lot and in that case bork>tiamat?
Sorry just some questions I have cause I have been thinking about picking him up once again for some fun
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-01 13:31:36
July 01 2014 13:31 GMT
#395
cdr, ad, and conservation (plus mana sustain from spirit stone) are all really good on shaco, and the burn adds a good amount of damage to your ult, especially if you have tiamat as well
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
BallOOnz
Profile Joined July 2013
Canada23 Posts
March 07 2015 21:50 GMT
#396
Anyone else finding massive success with Shaco in the new jungle? I'm playing mostly glass cannon/split push style but there is some AD bruiser shaco builds out there that have some success. It so easy to counter jungle with the way the new jungle is set up as well.
Sonnington
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1107 Posts
March 12 2015 06:40 GMT
#397
Yeah, I think he's pretty good. He's in the secretly strong category. When I've been playing him I usually do 3 camps and gank a lane. Get chilling smite and tiamat before finishing the jungle item. Then I usually just get as tanky as I can after jungle item + Hydra: FH, Warmogs, etc. I usually just need those two items to 100-0 or incapacitate a carry in a team fight. It's worth noting that this is probably the optimal way to clear the jungle right now. I see a lot of Shacos starting with boxing out one camp to start, which makes me cringe.

BallOOnz
Profile Joined July 2013
Canada23 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-12 15:00:01
March 12 2015 14:54 GMT
#398
I have been starting red on either side and then going and either smiting the blue and trying to kill the enemy jungler if he started gromp. Or I just wander over there and steal his blue and get a nice 3 buff start. Either is fine. Then it's tiamats and thene the pathfinder item to quickly clear camps (I switch to stalkers later in the midgame). Items of course depend on team comp and whatnot. If it's heavy AD then i get tabi, if I'm ar ahead i take CDR boots. I always get a Shiv for some spilitpush action. I don't really build an IE these days either.
edit: Ah good video, I have never seen this start before in the new jungle. Could be more useful then my curent start against some strong early game junglers.
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
March 18 2015 21:07 GMT
#399
I've come across several Shaco tops recently. They take tele/ignite and vary between ap and ad. The ad was far more scary, building hydra, yommus, lw, ie. They went even in lane generally but were almost impossible to gank, had kill pressure with ignite and with lane farm and tele they were great split pushers and great at cleaning up half finished team fights. I didn't lane against any of them but they all dominated late in the game.

Is this a thing now or have I just been unlucky? Has some streamer popularized it and if so are they due to burn in the most fiery depths of hell?
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Prev 1 18 19 20 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings48
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 146
ViBE144
ProTech134
SpeCial 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13812
Artosis 538
PianO 28
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
canceldota129
League of Legends
Doublelift3976
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1621
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe126
Other Games
summit1g7761
shahzam611
Day[9].tv451
C9.Mang0386
Maynarde86
Trikslyr60
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV134
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
• RyuSc2 25
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1008
• Shiphtur582
• Day9tv451
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 15m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.