• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:43
CEST 07:43
KST 14:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7930 users

[Patch 4.13] Sona Update General Discussion - Page 73

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 76 Next
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
August 12 2014 16:58 GMT
#1441
On August 13 2014 01:51 Prog wrote:
Deserved ban. If I had someone like this guy in most of my games I would stop playing.

You don't?How?Do you mute everyone before game starts?There is a worse one than this pretty much every game in my experience lol.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 12 2014 17:00 GMT
#1442
--- Nuked ---
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
August 12 2014 17:04 GMT
#1443
I don't understand how Riot's fuckups are relevant. My designated driver didn't show up, so I just drove home drunk, wtf why am I getting a DUI? Riot put them in a position to break the rules, but they still broke the rules. The alternative was to miss a few days of practice, which sucks, but it's not like their punishments are as harsh as they likely should have been (the typical fine is $2,500 I think?).

Plus the speculation about Riot being mad about them skipping superweek doesn't seem to have any grounds. It seems like a way for CLG to try to deflect blame for them consciously choosing to break a simple rule.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
August 12 2014 17:11 GMT
#1444
Well, they are also the ones setting and enforcing those rules. Obviously CLG didn't use this accounts to eloboost or steal someone's identity, but rather to play soloq and scrims in order to improve as players. That's why certain LoL viewers might expect Riot to turn a blind eye, rather than give a pretty big punishment.

Also, I'll just say that I'm against bans for verbal abuse - mute button is more than enough (not to mention chat restrictions).
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 12 2014 17:14 GMT
#1445
Nobody gets mad at the game, they get mad at the people they play with. When the very design of the game makes you rely on strangers on the internet to win, frustration is inevitable. Some people can't handle that frustration and lash out.

I get annoyed when my teammates play poorly, but rather that than a team of progamer fourteen year olds who think the combination being good at league and internet anonymity is a free ticket to be an ass to complete strangers.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
lilwisper
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2515 Posts
August 12 2014 17:14 GMT
#1446
On August 13 2014 01:58 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 01:51 Prog wrote:
Deserved ban. If I had someone like this guy in most of my games I would stop playing.

You don't?How?Do you mute everyone before game starts?There is a worse one than this pretty much every game in my experience lol.


Maybe I am just used to this level of frustration, I normally save reporting/banning actions for folks that take it to racist/sexist/homophobic or otherwise overly personal levels.

On August 13 2014 02:00 JimmiC wrote:
I'm fine with the ban, if more people received bans, and shit they would probably smartin up. Why people get so mad at a video game is beyond me.


My guess is that for many folks, video games are the only reasonable thing they feel they can become good at with enough effort. Many sports have a physical limit such as being too short for basketball or too small for football. Video games doesn't have those limits so they are able to try as hard as they want for as long as they want. In some ways that seems to make people even more competitive (more feisty I should say).
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
August 12 2014 17:16 GMT
#1447
On August 13 2014 02:04 GrandInquisitor wrote:
I don't understand how Riot's fuckups are relevant. My designated driver didn't show up, so I just drove home drunk, wtf why am I getting a DUI? Riot put them in a position to break the rules, but they still broke the rules. The alternative was to miss a few days of practice, which sucks, but it's not like their punishments are as harsh as they likely should have been (the typical fine is $2,500 I think?).

Plus the speculation about Riot being mad about them skipping superweek doesn't seem to have any grounds. It seems like a way for CLG to try to deflect blame for them consciously choosing to break a simple rule.

Well maybe if you could just transfer your accounts or didn't need weeks to get your account ready for play they wouldn't have had to do this.....

Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
August 12 2014 17:21 GMT
#1448
On August 13 2014 02:14 lilwisper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 01:58 nafta wrote:
On August 13 2014 01:51 Prog wrote:
Deserved ban. If I had someone like this guy in most of my games I would stop playing.

You don't?How?Do you mute everyone before game starts?There is a worse one than this pretty much every game in my experience lol.


Maybe I am just used to this level of frustration, I normally save reporting/banning actions for folks that take it to racist/sexist/homophobic or otherwise overly personal levels.

Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 02:00 JimmiC wrote:
I'm fine with the ban, if more people received bans, and shit they would probably smartin up. Why people get so mad at a video game is beyond me.


My guess is that for many folks, video games are the only reasonable thing they feel they can become good at with enough effort. Many sports have a physical limit such as being too short for basketball or too small for football. Video games doesn't have those limits so they are able to try as hard as they want for as long as they want. In some ways that seems to make people even more competitive (more feisty I should say).

Incorrect.

On August 13 2014 02:11 AlterKot wrote:
Well, they are also the ones setting and enforcing those rules. Obviously CLG didn't use this accounts to eloboost or steal someone's identity, but rather to play soloq and scrims in order to improve as players. That's why certain LoL viewers might expect Riot to turn a blind eye, rather than give a pretty big punishment.

Also, I'll just say that I'm against bans for verbal abuse - mute button is more than enough (not to mention chat restrictions).

Except those accounts ARE tied to somebody's identity.
Prog
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom1470 Posts
August 12 2014 17:25 GMT
#1449
On August 13 2014 01:58 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 01:51 Prog wrote:
Deserved ban. If I had someone like this guy in most of my games I would stop playing.

You don't?How?Do you mute everyone before game starts?There is a worse one than this pretty much every game in my experience lol.


Guess I'm just lucky : D


(Also I play way more normals with friends than soloq. Even dropped to d3 because of inactivity.)
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
August 12 2014 17:32 GMT
#1450
I find it strange that account sharing like this is prohibited, over here in cz like half the people don't have any EUNE accounts, but all the LAN tournaments are played on that realm, so most people just end up borrowing accounts for events. Is that technically against riot rules?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
August 12 2014 17:33 GMT
#1451
But what exactly does that mean Gahlo? I haven't played on KR servers, but according to Doa you don't really see the SSN in client, you only provide it during registration.


Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 12 2014 17:45 GMT
#1452
--- Nuked ---
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-12 17:46:56
August 12 2014 17:46 GMT
#1453
Per Wikipedia:

Many South Korean websites require a valid RRN in order to create an account. ... Complaints about identity theft led the South Korean government to implement stiff penalties for using someone else's RRN. Offenders may serve three years in jail or pay a ₩10,000,000 fine.

I obviously know little about Korean law but it seems clear that sharing accounts linked to RRN's is definitely more serious than sharing accounts in NA, in the same way that sharing your driver's license with your younger sibling is a lot more serious than sharing your library card.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 12 2014 17:52 GMT
#1454
--- Nuked ---
lilwisper
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2515 Posts
August 12 2014 17:58 GMT
#1455
On August 13 2014 02:52 krndandaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 02:14 lilwisper wrote:
On August 13 2014 01:58 nafta wrote:
On August 13 2014 01:51 Prog wrote:
Deserved ban. If I had someone like this guy in most of my games I would stop playing.

You don't?How?Do you mute everyone before game starts?There is a worse one than this pretty much every game in my experience lol.


Maybe I am just used to this level of frustration, I normally save reporting/banning actions for folks that take it to racist/sexist/homophobic or otherwise overly personal levels.

On August 13 2014 02:00 JimmiC wrote:
I'm fine with the ban, if more people received bans, and shit they would probably smartin up. Why people get so mad at a video game is beyond me.


My guess is that for many folks, video games are the only reasonable thing they feel they can become good at with enough effort. Many sports have a physical limit such as being too short for basketball or too small for football. Video games doesn't have those limits so they are able to try as hard as they want for as long as they want. In some ways that seems to make people even more competitive (more feisty I should say).


no it's because league is
1) mainstream. you have tons of less mature players than other games would in pure volume
2) heavily reliant on teamwork. there are some things out of your control and that frustrates people.


I have seen folks get just as frustrated over a game of StreetFighter/MVC2, those aren't team games. The mainstream bringing in a lot more immature folks by volume I can see for sure though (Streetfighter/MVC2 being mainstream).
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
August 12 2014 18:12 GMT
#1456
If you wouldn't say something to your friends/teammates in a local pickup game of basketball then you shouldn't be saying them in chat to your LoL teammates. When you act like a dick people won't want to play with you.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-12 18:12:55
August 12 2014 18:12 GMT
#1457
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/skin-preview/final-boss-approaches

Why are they making another skin for Veigar? Veigar has already plenty of skins and Leprechaun with rainbow E, I don't get it. So many good champs with shitty skins are left out :\
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
lilwisper
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2515 Posts
August 12 2014 18:15 GMT
#1458
On August 13 2014 03:12 Ghost-z wrote:
If you wouldn't say something to your friends/teammates in a local pickup game of basketball then you shouldn't be saying them in chat to your LoL teammates. When you act like a dick people won't want to play with you.


I agree. Most of the time if I see folks starting with the stfu's and such, I just say something positive like refocus or we are still in this. It usually turns most folks around I find.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-12 18:18:35
August 12 2014 18:16 GMT
#1459
I have a friend who is a HUGE rager and he's not as toxic as the guy in that post.

I think it's mainly because of all the "report other person on my team" in all chats rather than the language used. It's fine to call out a mistake, it's not okay to try to get someone reported for a mistake.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-12 18:21:08
August 12 2014 18:19 GMT
#1460
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 141
-ZergGirl 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1932
910 70
sorry 47
Yoon 45
Bale 38
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 14
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox644
Mew2King38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor132
Other Games
summit1g7071
WinterStarcraft390
PiGStarcraft267
C9.Mang0259
Sick214
Livibee165
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream232
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2290
League of Legends
• Stunt467
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 17m
Stellar Fest
7h 17m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.