• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:23
CEST 01:23
KST 08:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10354 users

[Patch 3.08: Aatrox Patch] General Discussion - Page 105

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 380 Next
Interested in helping start an on-topic, serious League discussion thread? PM Neo to talk about how to get started.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
June 18 2013 17:36 GMT
#2081
On June 19 2013 02:26 cLutZ wrote:
Good god nothing is funnier than an Aatrox with a Ga.

Get caught, rest of team runs away. We camp the body for like 15 seconds.

InB4 Atroxx, Zilean, Yorik comps.

yorick top, aatrox jungle, anivia mid, zilean support.

Sadly no reviving ADCs yet, but you can roll with Kayle I suppose.

Everyone buys GA obviously.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
bmn
Profile Joined August 2010
886 Posts
June 18 2013 17:37 GMT
#2082
On June 19 2013 02:27 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 02:21 thenexusp wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:59 Gahlo wrote:
On June 18 2013 22:31 bmn wrote:
Are these numbers really right?
- 64.7% of teams with a gold lead at 10 minutes going on to win the game
- At 10 minutes the gold lead went to the Purple team 76.4% of the time
- The Blue team wins 60% of the games


I think I heard a statistic last split that if a team is up 10%(or was it 20%?) at 12 minutes they had a 90% chance of winning.

It really depends on the relative skill levels of the teams involved.

If there is a big gap between skill levels (so that the best team always beats the second best always beats the third best), then the team that has a gold advantage at 10 minutes will always go on to win the game, simply because they were the better team throughout the entire game. On the other hand, if your teams are as good at throwing as NA is, the 10 minute advantage is going to mean a lot less.


You could view the gold advantage as a disadvantage because you actually have to use your advantage to get more of an advantage which in turn is a disadvantage because people like to throw away advantages.


But if having less gold is an advantage than thata is a disadvantage because they actually have to use their advantage and people like to throw their advantages...


As for the statistics, looking at the data I don't really feel like there's enough games to make any meaningful statement based on the numbers alone (without looking at the full games, the teams involved, etc.).
There's a 0% chance of blue having the 10-minute gold advantage and losing a game after that, if you assume that those 20 games are representative. So if you have an advantage at 10 minutes and you're blue side, you can't lose!

Out of the 20 games only 17 had a gold difference at 10 minutes if you look at a 0.1k granularity. That's a terribly small sample size to extrapolate from, given all the variance there -- the games were different teams, different champs, different lane setups, all of which make such a small population size fairly useless, in my opinion.

Another example: Purple 10 min gold lead happened in 13 of 17 games. In 7 of those games, purple won, in 6 of them, blue won.
So if you're blue and you have a gold lead at 10, you'll always win; if you're purple, a 10 min gold lead only barely puts you above 50% win chances.
(Changing even just one game outcome will really change the numbers you'll get.)
I'd not put my money on those conclusions. :-)
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
June 18 2013 17:38 GMT
#2083
On June 19 2013 02:36 Dandel Ion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 02:26 cLutZ wrote:
Good god nothing is funnier than an Aatrox with a Ga.

Get caught, rest of team runs away. We camp the body for like 15 seconds.

InB4 Atroxx, Zilean, Yorik comps.

yorick top, aatrox jungle, anivia mid, zilean support.

Sadly no reviving ADCs yet, but you can roll with Kayle I suppose.

Everyone buys GA obviously.


Just get Kog. After Zil ult, GA, and Yorick ult finally expire, he blows up in your face.
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
June 18 2013 17:48 GMT
#2084
On June 19 2013 01:00 Simberto wrote:
So, is there anything that works against Zac top? Or do you just need to always ban him in soloqueue if you are not firstpick?

No way to threaten him in lane, absurd engage, absurd escape, absurd sustain, absurd tankiness, absurd damage. Same for jungle, just add absurd ganks in there.

The couple of times I played Kennen against Zac top there wasn't much he could do to me. I had full control over engages with the stun, and you can outplay his jump with your E.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 18 2013 18:16 GMT
#2085
Are there any Champions that people just rage ban? Like, ones that might be strong, but probably aren't totally ban-worthy except for the fact that you can't fight them and hate them with a passion?

I have to ban Draven whenever I'm first pick these days. I just can't fucking beat him, even though I know there must be a way. Shaco has also fallen into this category at various points in my LoL career.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
FSKi
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States901 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 18:22:12
June 18 2013 18:20 GMT
#2086
--- Nuked ---
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 18 2013 18:22 GMT
#2087
On June 19 2013 03:16 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Are there any Champions that people just rage ban? Like, ones that might be strong, but probably aren't totally ban-worthy except for the fact that you can't fight them and hate them with a passion?

I have to ban Draven whenever I'm first pick these days. I just can't fucking beat him, even though I know there must be a way. Shaco has also fallen into this category at various points in my LoL career.

Fuck Lee Sin

Used to be Jayce when people considered him "not ban worthy", I'd still ban that fucker because I was ahead of the meta.
It's your boy Guzma!
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 18:25:06
June 18 2013 18:23 GMT
#2088
On June 19 2013 01:00 Simberto wrote:
So, is there anything that works against Zac top? Or do you just need to always ban him in soloqueue if you are not firstpick?

No way to threaten him in lane, absurd engage, absurd escape, absurd sustain, absurd tankiness, absurd damage. Same for jungle, just add absurd ganks in there.

His sustain isn't even that good. You just need to pick someone who can harrass him hardcore while perhaps being able to sustain yourself. His laning isn't that strong in my opinion.

On June 19 2013 03:16 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Are there any Champions that people just rage ban? Like, ones that might be strong, but probably aren't totally ban-worthy except for the fact that you can't fight them and hate them with a passion?

I have to ban Draven whenever I'm first pick these days. I just can't fucking beat him, even though I know there must be a way. Shaco has also fallen into this category at various points in my LoL career.

Draven is like #1 or top 3 in winrate and always carries bot. I see that as just an intelligent ban, he absolutely is ban-worthy.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
June 18 2013 18:24 GMT
#2089
On June 19 2013 03:16 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Are there any Champions that people just rage ban? Like, ones that might be strong, but probably aren't totally ban-worthy except for the fact that you can't fight them and hate them with a passion?

I have to ban Draven whenever I'm first pick these days. I just can't fucking beat him, even though I know there must be a way. Shaco has also fallen into this category at various points in my LoL career.


If I wanna play mid I usually ban Kassadin. He just isn't fun to play against as a mage and I don't really enjoy playing AD mids that much. Plus it's basically guaranteed that if they get Kassadin and you do fine in lane he'll just out roam you and kill your teammates over and over again.

I don't think he's ban worthy, if I'm not gonna play mid I leave him open, but I just don't enjoy laning against him at all. Even if I crush him in lane I just feel bad that people enjoy playing that champion.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 18 2013 18:28 GMT
#2090
On June 19 2013 03:23 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 03:16 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Are there any Champions that people just rage ban? Like, ones that might be strong, but probably aren't totally ban-worthy except for the fact that you can't fight them and hate them with a passion?

I have to ban Draven whenever I'm first pick these days. I just can't fucking beat him, even though I know there must be a way. Shaco has also fallen into this category at various points in my LoL career.

Draven is like #1 or top 3 in winrate and always carries bot. I see that as just an intelligent ban, he absolutely is ban-worthy.


That makes me feel better. I feel like no one really knows how to play against him, myself included. My best guess is just Janna and pray my laning partner stays back. :/

Eve also, for obvious reasons.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 18 2013 18:30 GMT
#2091
On June 19 2013 03:23 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 01:00 Simberto wrote:
So, is there anything that works against Zac top? Or do you just need to always ban him in soloqueue if you are not firstpick?

No way to threaten him in lane, absurd engage, absurd escape, absurd sustain, absurd tankiness, absurd damage. Same for jungle, just add absurd ganks in there.

His sustain isn't even that good. You just need to pick someone who can harrass him hardcore while perhaps being able to sustain yourself. His laning isn't that strong in my opinion.

Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 03:16 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Are there any Champions that people just rage ban? Like, ones that might be strong, but probably aren't totally ban-worthy except for the fact that you can't fight them and hate them with a passion?

I have to ban Draven whenever I'm first pick these days. I just can't fucking beat him, even though I know there must be a way. Shaco has also fallen into this category at various points in my LoL career.

Draven is like #1 or top 3 in winrate and always carries bot. I see that as just an intelligent ban, he absolutely is ban-worthy.


Yea, Zac is played competitively mostly because he is the most anti-dive champion in the game for a 1v2 lane.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 18:31:23
June 18 2013 18:30 GMT
#2092
God damn pros just had to get draven to fotm.I really don't have a problem if my main is popular but it usually means other team denies it .At least you get free wins because people got high playing only him and now when he gets banned and they have to play standart ad-s they suck.

How to play vs draven>hope he makes a mistake.Only other way is to go leona/varus or something bursty like this and os him.No point trading really.
Parametric
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1261 Posts
June 18 2013 18:31 GMT
#2093
Pick zyra support vs draven, play passive till level 2 and then you have a giant glowing target to aim at for a free root + slow plant. Even if he has cleanse the plant will just keep slowing him forever.
Crispy Bacon craving overload.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
June 18 2013 18:34 GMT
#2094
i used to ban lee sin the jungle jerk all the time, but people stopped playing him.

when enemy has lee sin, whenever i do ANYTHING in lane, he comes from somewhere, shields the enemy and then Qs to me.
captharlock
Profile Joined September 2010
United States223 Posts
June 18 2013 18:40 GMT
#2095
If I could I would ban Vayne from existence. 99% of the people that play Vayne when I'm support suck at her and tend to feed a storm.
Baneslayer Angel could be hungover, slightly blind, and texting while flying and still win the game
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 18 2013 18:40 GMT
#2096
I used to pick Janna into Draven but my last game I was Leona with Ez before he was picked. My Ez just pinged every time he wanted to all-in and we went 1-0 or 2-1 every time. I was pleasantly surprised as I normally lose to Draven bot lane every time lol.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
June 18 2013 18:42 GMT
#2097
On June 19 2013 03:40 captharlock wrote:
If I could I would ban Vayne from existence. 99% of the people that play Vayne when I'm support suck at her and tend to feed a storm.


maybe you suck at supporting vaynes
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 18:43:43
June 18 2013 18:43 GMT
#2098
Yeah I used to ban all the ninjas - lee sin, shen, akali mostly, kennen from time to time.
I hate them all.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
June 18 2013 18:44 GMT
#2099
On June 19 2013 03:42 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 03:40 captharlock wrote:
If I could I would ban Vayne from existence. 99% of the people that play Vayne when I'm support suck at her and tend to feed a storm.


maybe you suck at supporting vaynes

Everyone sucks at supporting Vayne.
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
June 18 2013 18:44 GMT
#2100
On June 19 2013 03:44 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 03:42 Slayer91 wrote:
On June 19 2013 03:40 captharlock wrote:
If I could I would ban Vayne from existence. 99% of the people that play Vayne when I'm support suck at her and tend to feed a storm.


maybe you suck at supporting vaynes

Everyone sucks at supporting Vayne.

Pick Tresh, vayne will support you.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 380 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft121
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft121
Nina 92
ViBE83
SpeCial 38
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 174
Noble 63
Hyuk 60
NaDa 37
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm166
League of Legends
Doublelift4701
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox263
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4862
Khaldor666
Other Games
summit1g7994
FrodaN1844
Coldzera 784
shahzam531
JimRising 381
C9.Mang0282
KnowMe214
ArmadaUGS68
Mew2King55
Trikslyr41
PPMD39
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick652
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH361
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21284
Other Games
• imaqtpie767
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 37m
Online Event
11h 37m
FEL
16h 37m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 37m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.