• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9029 users

[Patch 3.08: Aatrox Patch] General Discussion - Page 103

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 380 Next
Interested in helping start an on-topic, serious League discussion thread? PM Neo to talk about how to get started.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
June 18 2013 13:26 GMT
#2041
Amazing piece of research spellsy, thanks for all the work! :3
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
bmn
Profile Joined August 2010
886 Posts
June 18 2013 13:31 GMT
#2042
Are these numbers really right?
- 64.7% of teams with a gold lead at 10 minutes going on to win the game
- At 10 minutes the gold lead went to the Purple team 76.4% of the time
- The Blue team wins 60% of the games

Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12014 Posts
June 18 2013 13:48 GMT
#2043
You have to remember that this is data out of 20 games. 60% sounds a lot more impressive then 12 out of 20 games.

Actually, that also makes me wonder a bit how you got numbers like 64.7% or 76.4%. I assume you only counted gold leads of some significance there?
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
June 18 2013 13:55 GMT
#2044
On June 18 2013 22:13 nafta wrote:
Well considering people still ban him just so your team doesn't pick it I'd say it says a lot lol.

It says that people have no idea how to play him or vs. him, pretty much like every new release.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
June 18 2013 14:20 GMT
#2045
One of my friends has been winning a lot of games in a row so her MMR is ~Gold V or IV, which is about where mine is. I briefly observe one of the games and she's laning against a TF that builds Lichbane into...Nashors. Meanwhile the AD Nidalee on her team is laning against a Renek that builds...Brutalizer into Frozen Mallet. They have the skills to back it up too, especially with that lethal TF ult into enemy team -> GOLD CARD -> WILD CARDS -> ...faster autos? combo.

What the hell. If these are the guys I'm barely going ~60/40 oagainst it makes me sad how bad I am.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
June 18 2013 14:29 GMT
#2046
On June 18 2013 23:20 Sandster wrote:
One of my friends has been winning a lot of games in a row so her MMR is ~Gold V or IV, which is about where mine is. I briefly observe one of the games and she's laning against a TF that builds Lichbane into...Nashors. Meanwhile the AD Nidalee on her team is laning against a Renek that builds...Brutalizer into Frozen Mallet. They have the skills to back it up too, especially with that lethal TF ult into enemy team -> GOLD CARD -> WILD CARDS -> ...faster autos? combo.

What the hell. If these are the guys I'm barely going ~60/40 oagainst it makes me sad how bad I am.

Knowing decent item builds doesn't make you good, and at the same time, building terrible items doesn't make you bad. But that's not even terrible items. You should go to the QQ thread !
The legend of Darien lives on
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 18 2013 14:29 GMT
#2047
On June 18 2013 23:20 Sandster wrote:
One of my friends has been winning a lot of games in a row so her MMR is ~Gold V or IV, which is about where mine is. I briefly observe one of the games and she's laning against a TF that builds Lichbane into...Nashors. Meanwhile the AD Nidalee on her team is laning against a Renek that builds...Brutalizer into Frozen Mallet. They have the skills to back it up too, especially with that lethal TF ult into enemy team -> GOLD CARD -> WILD CARDS -> ...faster autos? combo.

What the hell. If these are the guys I'm barely going ~60/40 oagainst it makes me sad how bad I am.


This is how I feel exactly except that I'm at Silver 5. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong sometimes, even when I look at the replay. T_T

But I know that I need to improve, so I guess that's the first step... right?
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 18 2013 14:40 GMT
#2048
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 18 2013 14:43 GMT
#2049
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 14:52:29
June 18 2013 14:50 GMT
#2050
Holy crap, Quinn is stupidly snowbally in bot lane. My AD duo has been playing a lot of her, I've been supporting with Leona. At lvl 2 you have basically a 150 damage auto with Sunlight/Harrier proc-- no one expects the damage, so its almost a guaranteed kill.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
June 18 2013 14:50 GMT
#2051
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 14:56:55
June 18 2013 14:51 GMT
#2052
On June 18 2013 23:29 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:20 Sandster wrote:
One of my friends has been winning a lot of games in a row so her MMR is ~Gold V or IV, which is about where mine is. I briefly observe one of the games and she's laning against a TF that builds Lichbane into...Nashors. Meanwhile the AD Nidalee on her team is laning against a Renek that builds...Brutalizer into Frozen Mallet. They have the skills to back it up too, especially with that lethal TF ult into enemy team -> GOLD CARD -> WILD CARDS -> ...faster autos? combo.

What the hell. If these are the guys I'm barely going ~60/40 oagainst it makes me sad how bad I am.


This is how I feel exactly except that I'm at Silver 5. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong sometimes, even when I look at the replay. T_T

But I know that I need to improve, so I guess that's the first step... right?


Speaking of Silver 5...I observed a buddy two nights ago with a top lane Mundo that rushes Frozen Heart (yes, Frozen Heart) against a Cho, AP mid, and AP jungler

I really do think that there is a divide between a player who is mechanically sound (e.g. spam 300 games on one champion), and a player who understands the game at a high level (game sense, theorycrafting, etc). In S2 I was much better at the latter, which is why I always jungled/supported and led the team around, but I was so bad mechanically that I would lose my lane 80% of the times I lane. I'm sure I've had just as many teammates who thought about me "this guy is such crap, how is he at my level??" as I have of them.

My point is that, because I don't watch replays of my own games, I'm just not aware of how bad the players in my games are (including myself). Analyzing my replays BW was a big reason I improved, so it's weird I don't watch them more in League.

On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


Yeah man, outside of a few mid-lane champs that I rarely play anymore, I can barely get a double kill once every 5 games. Sometimes I deliberately try to kill secure and can't even get it. I'm definitely not cut out for mid or ADC. I had a quadra on Renek a few days ago and was almost foaming at the mouth chasing the last 2 guys.
ArchAngelSC
Profile Joined April 2012
England706 Posts
June 18 2013 14:56 GMT
#2053
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
June 18 2013 14:57 GMT
#2054
Depending on how many ranked games they have played division may have no corrolation to mmr
Carrilord has arrived.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 15:40:14
June 18 2013 15:00 GMT
#2055
Fiddlesticks support feed all lane, win all game. Or something like that.
(I mean, you know people are bad because it's Ez+Fid vs MF+Leo and they still lost the lane and didn't even try to engage on us at levels 2-3 or even just 4. I still died for stupid shit several times.)
Everytime I play a non-Leo support I really feel the difference in habit and comfort, even considering her innate tankiness.

I'll go back to her when I see a Sona picked on purple side or something, then realise after 2 weeks without touching her suddenly I forgot how and I suck (I've got hope though, I still position like her when playing Fiddle so there's at least some left ).
If I manage to luck out in Gold V I guess I'll give AD a chance instead of always declining it. Gotta tank that Elo.


^ about carrying it's not that it prevents me from enjoying the game—just feeling that you've "done your part" is great too. However, soloQ tends to send you at the level where you can carry, rather than the level where you can still play decently, so it's detrimental if you're in for the shiny banners. And it also makes you more prone to throws and stuff like that, because you are unable to pick up the slack if someone on your team screws up. This, however, can make games pretty frustrating.

Regarding "being higher-level", etc. there's the huge difference than replays can make. When you're in lane, you can't watch what your allies do all the time, and you'll miss out on a bunch. And negative stuff will stick to your memory more than positive stuff. Plus it's not like you never have derps yourself.
One game I had, top Trynd didn't give a leash at all, and I barely missed Shaco stealing my red. When I invaded his it ended up with enemy Diana killing me (getting blue) and Trynd killing Shaco for a double buff.
A bit later, mid dies, so I know Shaco and Diana may try to steal the blue that just came up. Despite pings and chat, Trynd doesn't move, so I concede it while telling him to run (he's way past river), he doesn't and they kill him.
So far when I was directly involved he had dubious decisions and all had a negative impact on me. Except that when I was busy elsewhere he destroyed his lane thanks to the double buff, then farmed like a boss and splitpushed to the naked inhib.
I saw the Draven+Sona (with not armour from runes or masteries) against Janna+Cait take golems and still die several times and lose tower first. But when I pressed tab I noticed that Draven was somehow 30 cs ahead (and Sona only died once of the whole game, when dove 1v2). Sona also had good warding and sense of opportunities, allowing a quick drake after an enemy back (despite me being hugely behind from the invade and death).

I could easily criticise their decision-making/map awareness/strange runes setups, but then that'd only be based on what they see. They could as well see that time where I didn't notice Hecarim left the bush, and baited a trade almost for nothing. Or when I think "that ward just die, they're trying to push, gotta replace it while I can", go to the river and they're actually pushing because the jungler wanted to camp and arrived by chance right after my ward died and I fachecheck him.

Plus people usually have trouble noticing that "invisible" stuff that you need to analyse, for example buff-less Shaco having to camp top because Trynd is destroying made it so that I was actually less behind after that despite dying, because I had a lot less pressure, and at least one lane I didn't need to worry about. Draven died and lost his tower, but was still 30 cs ahead, and Draven—so probably able to 1v1 half the enemy team anyway.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
June 18 2013 15:03 GMT
#2056
On June 18 2013 23:57 Slusher wrote:
Depending on how many ranked games they have played division may have no corrolation to mmr


Sure there's a correlation. They're only vastly different if if they're sub-30 LP in division V with a ton of games played, or if they have a W/L % drastically different from 50%. Or if they go on a huge winning/losing streak for whatever reason.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 15:10:06
June 18 2013 15:04 GMT
#2057
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.

On June 18 2013 23:56 ArchAngelSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.


I think I have an <50% winrate at this point. So yeah...
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
June 18 2013 15:14 GMT
#2058
On June 19 2013 00:04 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.

Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:56 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.


I think I have an <50% winrate at this point. So yeah...


I am interested to see how much I can improve in the two weeks that I will be home (July 15-July 28 SO SOOON). For this I decided to pick a few champs for each role.

top/mid: Kat, Karthus, Kayle
Jungle: Eve, Nasus
Support: Blitzcrank, Janna
ADC: Tristana

Of course. This list might change depending on what patch it will be when I am home. I know Brand and LB might get buffed and those are two of my favorite characters.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
June 18 2013 15:14 GMT
#2059
On June 19 2013 00:04 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.


A big reason I didn't improve much late S2 / early S3 was because I played every role, with like 4-6 champs in every role. I only played a few games a day so there was no way for me to learn all the lane matchups. Then patches come, including big sweeping ones involving items and jungle changes, and I have to relearn everything. Take a slight break, come back, relearn everything....

Now I said fuck it, I'm going to top lane and learn 3-4 champs as well as I can. Playing higher level opponents consistently improves mechanical skills/reflexes, and the rote memory of last hitting and other routine stuff that previously took all my time is now replaced by more time looking at the map, jungle movements, etc. All that stuff is transferable to other champs once I do play them again.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 18 2013 15:17 GMT
#2060
On June 19 2013 00:14 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 00:04 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.

On June 18 2013 23:56 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.


I think I have an <50% winrate at this point. So yeah...


I am interested to see how much I can improve in the two weeks that I will be home (July 15-July 28 SO SOOON). For this I decided to pick a few champs for each role.

top/mid: Kat, Karthus, Kayle
Jungle: Eve, Nasus
Support: Blitzcrank, Janna
ADC: Tristana

Of course. This list might change depending on what patch it will be when I am home. I know Brand and LB might get buffed and those are two of my favorite characters.


Let me know when you're back because I'll be unemployed and we can duo queue like WHOA.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 380 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft343
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft343
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 165
Noble 77
Hyuk 63
NaDa 43
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox375
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4664
Khaldor702
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 815
shahzam539
JimRising 432
C9.Mang0301
KnowMe204
ArmadaUGS72
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH363
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21402
Other Games
• imaqtpie737
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 12m
Online Event
11h 12m
FEL
16h 12m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.