• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:07
CEST 17:07
KST 00:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8003 users

[Patch 3.08: Aatrox Patch] General Discussion - Page 104

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 380 Next
Interested in helping start an on-topic, serious League discussion thread? PM Neo to talk about how to get started.
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 15:17:25
June 18 2013 15:17 GMT
#2061
On June 19 2013 00:14 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 00:04 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.

On June 18 2013 23:56 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.


I think I have an <50% winrate at this point. So yeah...


I am interested to see how much I can improve in the two weeks that I will be home (July 15-July 28 SO SOOON). For this I decided to pick a few champs for each role.

top/mid: Kat, Karthus, Kayle
Jungle: Eve, Nasus
Support: Blitzcrank, Janna
ADC: Tristana

Of course. This list might change depending on what patch it will be when I am home. I know Brand and LB might get buffed and those are two of my favorite characters.

Karthus is the funniest mid you can play in ranked. You just farm, don't care if you die a lot, farm, and then in the late game you are always relevant just because below plat everybody seems to love running on your defile.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
spellsy
Profile Joined October 2011
United States418 Posts
June 18 2013 15:20 GMT
#2062
On June 18 2013 22:31 bmn wrote:
Are these numbers really right?
- 64.7% of teams with a gold lead at 10 minutes going on to win the game
- At 10 minutes the gold lead went to the Purple team 76.4% of the time
- The Blue team wins 60% of the games

yes thhey are right for the NA lcs you can see the data here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllLJAxUt7qcdHk1VHEzUFFjZEI3NTZ6Vlk5UFZpVWc#gid=5


On June 18 2013 22:48 Simberto wrote:
You have to remember that this is data out of 20 games. 60% sounds a lot more impressive then 12 out of 20 games.

Actually, that also makes me wonder a bit how you got numbers like 64.7% or 76.4%. I assume you only counted gold leads of some significance there?

there were 3 ties in the gold adv at 10 min. so for example i think 64.7 is 11/17 , 11 went on to win. .. you can see the gold advantage numbers to teh right over on this one : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllLJAxUt7qcdHk1VHEzUFFjZEI3NTZ6Vlk5UFZpVWc#gid=5
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 15:22:40
June 18 2013 15:21 GMT
#2063
On June 19 2013 00:17 WhiteDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 00:14 JonGalt wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:04 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.

On June 18 2013 23:56 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.


I think I have an <50% winrate at this point. So yeah...


I am interested to see how much I can improve in the two weeks that I will be home (July 15-July 28 SO SOOON). For this I decided to pick a few champs for each role.

top/mid: Kat, Karthus, Kayle
Jungle: Eve, Nasus
Support: Blitzcrank, Janna
ADC: Tristana

Of course. This list might change depending on what patch it will be when I am home. I know Brand and LB might get buffed and those are two of my favorite characters.

Karthus is the funniest mid you can play in ranked. You just farm, don't care if you die a lot, farm, and then in the late game you are always relevant just because below plat everybody seems to love running on your defile.


My friend is doing that with Zyra mid. People in Silver/Gold stack up and chase like cancer, right into roots+Zyra ult and then forget she has a Zhonya. Then she dies and takes out people with her, while her plants are still doing work. It's even worse than chasing Rumble into the jungle. I can see why Amumu and Malphite are still perma banned.

Seriously my former WoW raid leaders would have been proud at how well these random pubs stack up in chaotic fights.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
June 18 2013 15:29 GMT
#2064
On June 19 2013 00:17 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 00:14 JonGalt wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:04 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.

On June 18 2013 23:56 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.


I think I have an <50% winrate at this point. So yeah...


I am interested to see how much I can improve in the two weeks that I will be home (July 15-July 28 SO SOOON). For this I decided to pick a few champs for each role.

top/mid: Kat, Karthus, Kayle
Jungle: Eve, Nasus
Support: Blitzcrank, Janna
ADC: Tristana

Of course. This list might change depending on what patch it will be when I am home. I know Brand and LB might get buffed and those are two of my favorite characters.


Let me know when you're back because I'll be unemployed and we can duo queue like WHOA.


It's a date.

Sorry (maybe not?) to hear about your unemployment. Seems to me the world is telling you to play LoL nonstop and qualify for S4 LCS. Then when I come back to America, you can replace your terribad midlaner (that is clearly a bad influence on the team, causing strife, and the reason you failed to qualify for S5 spring split) with me! We'll qualify for S5 summer split, win worlds, and fulfill our prophecy of being the NA foreigner hope.

Team name: Garenteed Viktory
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 18 2013 15:31 GMT
#2065
On June 19 2013 00:29 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 00:17 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:14 JonGalt wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:04 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.

On June 18 2013 23:56 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.


I think I have an <50% winrate at this point. So yeah...


I am interested to see how much I can improve in the two weeks that I will be home (July 15-July 28 SO SOOON). For this I decided to pick a few champs for each role.

top/mid: Kat, Karthus, Kayle
Jungle: Eve, Nasus
Support: Blitzcrank, Janna
ADC: Tristana

Of course. This list might change depending on what patch it will be when I am home. I know Brand and LB might get buffed and those are two of my favorite characters.


Let me know when you're back because I'll be unemployed and we can duo queue like WHOA.


It's a date.

Sorry (maybe not?) to hear about your unemployment. Seems to me the world is telling you to play LoL nonstop and qualify for S4 LCS. Then when I come back to America, you can replace your terribad midlaner (that is clearly a bad influence on the team, causing strife, and the reason you failed to qualify for S5 spring split) with me! We'll qualify for S5 summer split, win worlds, and fulfill our prophecy of being the NA foreigner hope.

Team name: Garenteed Viktory


Winning name. And my employment is joyfully self-inflicted. Plus it's beginning my attempt to get into Riot anyways, so I'm good with it.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
June 18 2013 15:37 GMT
#2066
Moar TL Rioters!!

Don't forget to submit my champion idea when you get hired

I'd love to work for Riot. Crossing my fingers that my girlfriend gets a job in Santa Monica!!
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 15:40:46
June 18 2013 15:38 GMT
#2067
On June 19 2013 00:31 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 00:29 JonGalt wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:17 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:14 JonGalt wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:04 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.

On June 18 2013 23:56 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.


I think I have an <50% winrate at this point. So yeah...


I am interested to see how much I can improve in the two weeks that I will be home (July 15-July 28 SO SOOON). For this I decided to pick a few champs for each role.

top/mid: Kat, Karthus, Kayle
Jungle: Eve, Nasus
Support: Blitzcrank, Janna
ADC: Tristana

Of course. This list might change depending on what patch it will be when I am home. I know Brand and LB might get buffed and those are two of my favorite characters.


Let me know when you're back because I'll be unemployed and we can duo queue like WHOA.


It's a date.

Sorry (maybe not?) to hear about your unemployment. Seems to me the world is telling you to play LoL nonstop and qualify for S4 LCS. Then when I come back to America, you can replace your terribad midlaner (that is clearly a bad influence on the team, causing strife, and the reason you failed to qualify for S5 spring split) with me! We'll qualify for S5 summer split, win worlds, and fulfill our prophecy of being the NA foreigner hope.

Team name: Garenteed Viktory


Winning name. And my employment is joyfully self-inflicted. Plus it's beginning my attempt to get into Riot anyways, so I'm good with it.

Ho I hope you'll find your way to Riot man

On June 19 2013 00:21 Sandster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 00:17 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:14 JonGalt wrote:
On June 19 2013 00:04 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Lol I don't understand why you are hurting yourself so hard. It's just a game, take pleasure into it or just don't play it. There are no shame in being bad at a game.

A good way to improve is to just pick one champion or a few number of champions. I've done it, carried me to Gold II in a hearthbeat (like 50 to 70 game with either Diana or Ahri, playing leona or zyra sup if I could not go mid). Now I clearly see the difference in level : I tried to pick some other champ and demoted back to Gold V so fast, then picked Ahri back and won 10 game in a row. When you are bad - like me - focussing on one champ gives you some kind of comfort that really influence your play and helps you focus on improving yourself.


Don't worry, I always enjoy playing, I just know I'm a baddie.

That's what I've started doing lately. Always Sej in the jungle, always Janna support, and that's pretty much what I always play. I'm noticing improvements already.

On June 18 2013 23:56 ArchAngelSC wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:43 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 18 2013 23:40 Alaric wrote:
Y'know, all these terrible Ezreal who build blue without even thinking about lane match-ups, team comps, if they're ahead or not, etc.? You see them because they're at your level. Or you're at theirs. So yeah.
Since my decision-making is way ahead of my mechanics (relatively speaking, both are meh at best) I can easily point out dumb shit that my teammates do, but when they see an opportunity they are able to capitalise on it, while I may not throw/feed as much but I barely "dare" because I'm not confident in what I get away with. In the end I'll never end up carrying and I find myself relying on these players to make the plays I set them up for. Which is another way of being bad.


I know, right? The sad part about it is looking at this people who are making asinine decisions or blatantly don't know shit and remembering "I'M JUST AS BAD."

Maybe you are but maybe you're not, as I don't know you I can't comment and so I'll comment on myself instead.

I'm also at the level (gold III) where I look around at the people I'm playing with and think "wow these guys are truly awful" when they make really stupid decisions (both in game play and in item builds) and I do not believe myself to be as bad as the people I play with for two reasons.

Firstly I'm not making the same retarded decisions they make.
Secondly I have a greater than 50% win rate. And having that in a system that is specifically designed to keep you at 50% as well as having 80% of your team being composed of those awful players, is actually a pretty huge deal.

So yes, while I'm not challenger level good, I still believe I'm better than where I'm currently at. So you guys shouldn't put yourselves down so much just because you are playing with bad players.


I think I have an <50% winrate at this point. So yeah...


I am interested to see how much I can improve in the two weeks that I will be home (July 15-July 28 SO SOOON). For this I decided to pick a few champs for each role.

top/mid: Kat, Karthus, Kayle
Jungle: Eve, Nasus
Support: Blitzcrank, Janna
ADC: Tristana

Of course. This list might change depending on what patch it will be when I am home. I know Brand and LB might get buffed and those are two of my favorite characters.

Karthus is the funniest mid you can play in ranked. You just farm, don't care if you die a lot, farm, and then in the late game you are always relevant just because below plat everybody seems to love running on your defile.


My friend is doing that with Zyra mid. People in Silver/Gold stack up and chase like cancer, right into roots+Zyra ult and then forget she has a Zhonya. Then she dies and takes out people with her, while her plants are still doing work. It's even worse than chasing Rumble into the jungle. I can see why Amumu and Malphite are still perma banned.

Seriously my former WoW raid leaders would have been proud at how well these random pubs stack up in chaotic fights.

Yeah I like Zyra but I'm bad with her. I tend to play more mobile and solid champions, so that when I play Zyra I always end up getting one shotted. Same for Karthus, but his passiv is just so good
I feel like it's a problem of positionning, I always go too far, and if you don't play a champ with a easy way out (hello Ahri) or a strong dueling, I just die ridiculously.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
June 18 2013 15:43 GMT
#2068
Yeah...mid/adc players know how to deal with this fragility. I can't, and therefore can't play carries. Even when I top lane Kennen I build rylai and other bulkier items. I get so envious of those guys who get deathcap + void staff and get quadra kills, but that's not my playstyle.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
June 18 2013 15:57 GMT
#2069
On June 19 2013 00:43 Sandster wrote:
Yeah...mid/adc players know how to deal with this fragility. I can't, and therefore can't play carries. Even when I top lane Kennen I build rylai and other bulkier items. I get so envious of those guys who get deathcap + void staff and get quadra kills, but that's not my playstyle.

dring -> dcap ori is kind of hilarious as a "fragile" ap mid, cause her shield is monstrous if you get some fast ap and people always seem to underestimate a good ult into WQ
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 18 2013 15:59 GMT
#2070
On June 18 2013 22:31 bmn wrote:
Are these numbers really right?
- 64.7% of teams with a gold lead at 10 minutes going on to win the game
- At 10 minutes the gold lead went to the Purple team 76.4% of the time
- The Blue team wins 60% of the games


I think I heard a statistic last split that if a team is up 10%(or was it 20%?) at 12 minutes they had a 90% chance of winning.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12011 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 16:02:59
June 18 2013 16:00 GMT
#2071
So, is there anything that works against Zac top? Or do you just need to always ban him in soloqueue if you are not firstpick?

No way to threaten him in lane, absurd engage, absurd escape, absurd sustain, absurd tankiness, absurd damage. Same for jungle, just add absurd ganks in there.
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
June 18 2013 16:06 GMT
#2072
On June 18 2013 23:50 ticklishmusic wrote:
Holy crap, Quinn is stupidly snowbally in bot lane. My AD duo has been playing a lot of her, I've been supporting with Leona. At lvl 2 you have basically a 150 damage auto with Sunlight/Harrier proc-- no one expects the damage, so its almost a guaranteed kill.


I was playing (Kha) against Quinn mid sometime last week or something.. I had no idea Quinn had that kind of damage. The first couple levels were BRUTAL and I was getting smashed until level 8 or something. Then I farmed her

Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
June 18 2013 16:08 GMT
#2073
On June 19 2013 01:06 Masq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:50 ticklishmusic wrote:
Holy crap, Quinn is stupidly snowbally in bot lane. My AD duo has been playing a lot of her, I've been supporting with Leona. At lvl 2 you have basically a 150 damage auto with Sunlight/Harrier proc-- no one expects the damage, so its almost a guaranteed kill.


I was playing (Kha) against Quinn mid sometime last week or something.. I had no idea Quinn had that kind of damage. The first couple levels were BRUTAL and I was getting smashed until level 8 or something. Then I farmed her



To be fair though...every ranged with a disengage absolutely dumps on Kha early.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 18 2013 16:12 GMT
#2074
On June 19 2013 01:06 Masq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 23:50 ticklishmusic wrote:
Holy crap, Quinn is stupidly snowbally in bot lane. My AD duo has been playing a lot of her, I've been supporting with Leona. At lvl 2 you have basically a 150 damage auto with Sunlight/Harrier proc-- no one expects the damage, so its almost a guaranteed kill.


I was playing (Kha) against Quinn mid sometime last week or something.. I had no idea Quinn had that kind of damage. The first couple levels were BRUTAL and I was getting smashed until level 8 or something. Then I farmed her



So typical Kha game
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
June 18 2013 17:00 GMT
#2075
i typically do well early game as kha once you hit 2 or 3
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 17:05:31
June 18 2013 17:04 GMT
#2076
It's easy to assume you have good decision-making. When it comes to mechanics you're either good or you're not, and it's very easy to recognize it on your own.

When you look at your teammate and they're about to do something dumb, you may not put yourself in their shoes. For example, when I'm playing AD carry, my awareness is poor. I've been ganked over wards in the most obvious way. But when I'm jungler, I have supreme map awareness and I can call out ganks from anywhere on the map.

Someone might engage when they shouldn't have, because they didn't know how strong the other hero is because they didn't lane against them. Maybe they overestimated their own strength, or underestimated who they're trying to kill.

When you're observing someone, you don't carry the same mindset or the same mental weight that they do when they're playing, so it's easy to overrate your decision making and make fun of other people.
thenexusp
Profile Joined May 2009
United States3721 Posts
June 18 2013 17:21 GMT
#2077
On June 19 2013 00:59 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 22:31 bmn wrote:
Are these numbers really right?
- 64.7% of teams with a gold lead at 10 minutes going on to win the game
- At 10 minutes the gold lead went to the Purple team 76.4% of the time
- The Blue team wins 60% of the games


I think I heard a statistic last split that if a team is up 10%(or was it 20%?) at 12 minutes they had a 90% chance of winning.

It really depends on the relative skill levels of the teams involved.

If there is a big gap between skill levels (so that the best team always beats the second best always beats the third best), then the team that has a gold advantage at 10 minutes will always go on to win the game, simply because they were the better team throughout the entire game. On the other hand, if your teams are as good at throwing as NA is, the 10 minute advantage is going to mean a lot less.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12011 Posts
June 18 2013 17:26 GMT
#2078
On June 19 2013 02:04 kainzero wrote:
It's easy to assume you have good decision-making. When it comes to mechanics you're either good or you're not, and it's very easy to recognize it on your own.

When you look at your teammate and they're about to do something dumb, you may not put yourself in their shoes. For example, when I'm playing AD carry, my awareness is poor. I've been ganked over wards in the most obvious way. But when I'm jungler, I have supreme map awareness and I can call out ganks from anywhere on the map.

Someone might engage when they shouldn't have, because they didn't know how strong the other hero is because they didn't lane against them. Maybe they overestimated their own strength, or underestimated who they're trying to kill.

When you're observing someone, you don't carry the same mindset or the same mental weight that they do when they're playing, so it's easy to overrate your decision making and make fun of other people.


Don't forget the selection bias of instantly forgetting those instances you made bad decisions and/or blaming it on other people not doing the right thing, while always remembering the situations where you did something really good and it worked out.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
June 18 2013 17:26 GMT
#2079
Good god nothing is funnier than an Aatrox with a Ga.

Get caught, rest of team runs away. We camp the body for like 15 seconds.

InB4 Atroxx, Zilean, Yorik comps.
Freeeeeeedom
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
June 18 2013 17:27 GMT
#2080
On June 19 2013 02:21 thenexusp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 00:59 Gahlo wrote:
On June 18 2013 22:31 bmn wrote:
Are these numbers really right?
- 64.7% of teams with a gold lead at 10 minutes going on to win the game
- At 10 minutes the gold lead went to the Purple team 76.4% of the time
- The Blue team wins 60% of the games


I think I heard a statistic last split that if a team is up 10%(or was it 20%?) at 12 minutes they had a 90% chance of winning.

It really depends on the relative skill levels of the teams involved.

If there is a big gap between skill levels (so that the best team always beats the second best always beats the third best), then the team that has a gold advantage at 10 minutes will always go on to win the game, simply because they were the better team throughout the entire game. On the other hand, if your teams are as good at throwing as NA is, the 10 minute advantage is going to mean a lot less.


You could view the gold advantage as a disadvantage because you actually have to use your advantage to get more of an advantage which in turn is a disadvantage because people like to throw away advantages.
Prev 1 102 103 104 105 106 380 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1354
ComeBackTV 594
SteadfastSC461
TaKeTV 389
LamboSC2269
Rex154
IndyStarCraft 144
EnkiAlexander 64
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 461
LamboSC2 269
Rex 154
IndyStarCraft 144
ProTech136
BRAT_OK 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41729
Shuttle 2420
EffOrt 852
Horang2 812
Light 776
Mini 695
Soma 410
Stork 351
BeSt 324
firebathero 323
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 288
Rush 241
ggaemo 218
Snow 208
ZerO 158
Leta 146
Pusan 74
hero 72
Sharp 61
Sea.KH 56
sorry 50
Killer 45
Shinee 37
Mong 35
ToSsGirL 32
Mind 31
Sexy 27
Yoon 27
Shine 25
Trap 24
soO 23
Terrorterran 22
Bale 21
Free 17
Sacsri 10
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9982
Dendi874
qojqva719
Fuzer 262
420jenkins136
Counter-Strike
fl0m538
markeloff87
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1992
crisheroes1368
XaKoH 170
MindelVK1
Other Games
singsing1808
B2W.Neo935
Liquid`VortiX204
Hui .195
ArmadaUGS159
QueenE93
Mew2King75
Trikslyr27
Railgan20
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 23
• mYiSmile118
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• FirePhoenix8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2164
League of Legends
• Nemesis3014
• Jankos2381
• TFBlade869
Other Games
• WagamamaTV204
• Shiphtur133
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 53m
Stellar Fest
21h 53m
OSC
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 18h
Online Event
1d 19h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.