• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7996 users

[Patch 1.0.0.127: Graves] General Discussion - Page 111

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 177 Next
StuffedTurkey
Profile Joined May 2010
United States859 Posts
October 26 2011 21:12 GMT
#2201
On October 27 2011 05:55 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2011 05:29 rwrzr wrote:
On October 27 2011 05:25 overt wrote:
On October 27 2011 05:08 HazMat wrote:
ok forming a team to crush this nerd brees. Who wants in?


I will play AP alistar on my 6 fps laptop. Let's do this.


Forming a lynch mob, need rope and torches. Inquire within.


YOU STARTED IT BACK THEN TOO DIDN'T YOU???

Yea it was definitely him, lets get him!
You can't milk those!
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
October 26 2011 21:14 GMT
#2202
Ok so I am trying to be a better jungler but I keep ending up in situations where I don't know what I should do :/

I'm Lee sin
My bot lane is pushed too far to gank. Mid is morgana against kassadin which I never tried to gank because of riftwalk. Though I guess I should have tried pre 6 to burn his flash. Top is Garen against Morg and I tried that twice but her shield makes her stupid hard to gank and every time she pushes far enough for a gank to be realistic I'm on the wrong side of the map getting double golems or counter jungling the noct. Also morg had wards up pretty much 100% of the time.

Is it normal for morg to be hard to gank or I am doing something wrong? Should I try to position myself so I'm closer to a lane when it pushes too far and a gank is possible? I feel like I counterjungled well when there were no chances for ganks but I didn't get any kills or assists until the midgame started to hit and my team was not happy with me. Should I be getting oracles for ward clearing? We had support karma but I don't think she bought oracles or pink.

I guess I could have tried a bush gank at top but again I always seemed to be to far away when I had a good chance to sneak in to the brush. I wasn't be useless though I don't think. I actively counter jungled and warded Nocts buffs/

Sorry if this is a lame post but my team called me a noob when I'm pretty sure I did what I could. Not sure what I could have better with they way my team was pushing but idk. any pointers would be helpful.
Lanzoma
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico813 Posts
October 26 2011 21:17 GMT
#2203
If you have a replay post it. Otherwise, it's really hard to give you truly useful feedback.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
October 26 2011 21:18 GMT
#2204
On October 27 2011 05:53 AwayFromLife wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2011 05:44 JackDino wrote:
On October 27 2011 05:41 Shiv. wrote:
On October 27 2011 05:08 JackDino wrote:
On October 27 2011 05:06 Craton wrote:
A) It's not childish

Yes it is. The idea that you can definitively disprove what the majority of the community thinks (at all skill levels) by a random 1v1 match is completely insulting.

So is proving or disproving something by using a match between high elo players. Newsflash, high elo players also fuck up. For example the IPL games between dignitas and CLG.
It didn't matter what farm Akali had, saint and jiji were just too idiotic to stop her in teamfights.
If talon truly is op than any random player shouldn't have any problem dealing with brees.

Great job of not getting the point at all.
This didn't start with anyone saying Talon is OP, it started with Brees saying he's one of the worst champs EVAR.

And almost everyone replying that he is broken instead.
Not to mention that brees stomping Talon with a common played top/mid pick does prove something.

It wouldn't prove anything unless you could verify that they were on the same level. Grabbing a random person from TL and throwing them against Brees, who I dunno if he's good or whatever because I don't pay attention that much, doesn't show anything because neither is a pro player using him to the best of his ability.

If only people would use Talon at a tournament and see how he performed... oh wait! Shit, we have statistics for that. What? His team won the 5 times he was able to be used in tournament level play with professional players? Of course that can't prove anything.... right?


what makes you think a random person off TL won't be a pro player
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
October 26 2011 21:19 GMT
#2205
Thats true.
Sorry my LoL replay wasn't running when I played this one ><.
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
October 26 2011 21:19 GMT
#2206
Yes, Morg is hard to gank if she has good reaction.
You best bet in this situation would probably be to sneak through the brush in bot lane while it's pushed.
Pink ward dragon or grab an oracles if you feel like it would be a good idea.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
October 26 2011 21:27 GMT
#2207
Ok thanks.
I've actually just realized that I don't ever brush gank lol. I should try that out.
AwayFromLife
Profile Joined August 2011
United States441 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 21:40:55
October 26 2011 21:35 GMT
#2208
On October 27 2011 06:18 UniversalSnip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2011 05:53 AwayFromLife wrote:
On October 27 2011 05:44 JackDino wrote:
On October 27 2011 05:41 Shiv. wrote:
On October 27 2011 05:08 JackDino wrote:
On October 27 2011 05:06 Craton wrote:
A) It's not childish

Yes it is. The idea that you can definitively disprove what the majority of the community thinks (at all skill levels) by a random 1v1 match is completely insulting.

So is proving or disproving something by using a match between high elo players. Newsflash, high elo players also fuck up. For example the IPL games between dignitas and CLG.
It didn't matter what farm Akali had, saint and jiji were just too idiotic to stop her in teamfights.
If talon truly is op than any random player shouldn't have any problem dealing with brees.

Great job of not getting the point at all.
This didn't start with anyone saying Talon is OP, it started with Brees saying he's one of the worst champs EVAR.

And almost everyone replying that he is broken instead.
Not to mention that brees stomping Talon with a common played top/mid pick does prove something.

It wouldn't prove anything unless you could verify that they were on the same level. Grabbing a random person from TL and throwing them against Brees, who I dunno if he's good or whatever because I don't pay attention that much, doesn't show anything because neither is a pro player using him to the best of his ability.

If only people would use Talon at a tournament and see how he performed... oh wait! Shit, we have statistics for that. What? His team won the 5 times he was able to be used in tournament level play with professional players? Of course that can't prove anything.... right?


what makes you think a random person off TL won't be a pro player

I'm sure there are some that frequent. Brees saying to some dude "play me 1v1" isn't going to prove shit, because I don't fucking know who Brees is or if he's good, and ditto for the other guy.

If you want empirical evidence that shows if a champ is good or not, the only metric we have to measure that is professional, tournament level play. Those results were posted. Ergo, Talon is pretty fucking good.

Edit: the obvious solution is to say that champs like Kog went 0-4, so it's biased. This is the only tournament that has detailed statistics about Talon, while Kog has others that he's been available for. If you take every tournament W/L/B for each champion recently, you'd see that good champions rise to the top statistically.

Also, fuck Kog that guy sucks. Every one that plays on my team feeds early game because they don't realize that he's made of spit, tissue, and wishes.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 21:41:49
October 26 2011 21:39 GMT
#2209
wth lol. Vayne was blatantly broken on release, pretty sure we all felt our experience of having her bow shoved up our butt was empirically valid even though she was seeing no tournament play.

The idea that tournament results are the only valid way of trying anything out is just not worth refuting, w/e.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
AwayFromLife
Profile Joined August 2011
United States441 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 21:45:25
October 26 2011 21:42 GMT
#2210
On October 27 2011 06:39 UniversalSnip wrote:
wth lol. Vayne was blatantly broken on release, pretty sure we all felt our experience of having her bow shoved up our butt was empirically valid even though she was seeing no tournament play.

Do you doubt that, if she was given tournament ability during that time, that she wouldn't be picked/banned every game?

And it's different. Talon is fucking strong in the hands of good players, alright in the hands of alright players. Vayne was three shotting people at all levels of play. Brokenly OP != really damn good, and brokenly OP is easier to see.

The idea that tournament results are the only valid way of trying anything out is just not worth refuting, w/e.


This is absurd. If you follow SC2, you'd know that. Blue Flame Hellions were known to be insane for the longest time, but there wasn't any tournament play that showed that off. Lo and behold, one MLG the SlayerS team showed off a Blue Flame Hellion build that shut down Zerg basically single-handedly, and they were subsequently nerfed.

Tournament play is the highest level play, so you can only really extrapolate the true potential, UP or OP, of any unit/champion/build/playstyle from that.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 26 2011 21:58 GMT
#2211
Maxing CDR on Talon worth it? 12% cdr off just bruta+masteries and my ult has 34sec on CD shtis kinda ridiculous.

maybe finish ghostblade and CDR Boots?

Dunno really what to build so i usually just go cloth + 5 into wriggles bruta then stack bloodthirsters and play safe till i can blow their carry up.

if anyone can give me a decent item build that'd be nice. also is silence or q the one point wonder? im assuming silence but sometimes i max it first if i feel like the extra damage it brings iwll help me out(the % damage i mean)
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
October 26 2011 22:09 GMT
#2212
Release Vayne was played during DreamHack. She did very well there.

When Talon first came out people were unsure about him. It didn't take very long though before he got played a lot. I really don't think anyone is seriously arguing that he's bad but I still really want the omega super battle to happen.
OreoBoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada1639 Posts
October 26 2011 22:20 GMT
#2213
On October 27 2011 06:58 arb wrote:
Maxing CDR on Talon worth it? 12% cdr off just bruta+masteries and my ult has 34sec on CD shtis kinda ridiculous.

maybe finish ghostblade and CDR Boots?

Dunno really what to build so i usually just go cloth + 5 into wriggles bruta then stack bloodthirsters and play safe till i can blow their carry up.

if anyone can give me a decent item build that'd be nice. also is silence or q the one point wonder? im assuming silence but sometimes i max it first if i feel like the extra damage it brings iwll help me out(the % damage i mean)


I like to open boot +3 pot -> 2 dorans blade -> brutalizer -> bloodthirster -> ghostblade
You can get CDR boots if the other team isn't cc heavy, otherwise I still think merc treads is the best.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
October 26 2011 22:30 GMT
#2214
now i see why you guys bash ranked 5s so much
it is a dumb ladder
either you put bad people on your team to lower the elo so you can get fast queue times or you end up waiting 19 minutes in queue to play against a bunch of 1400 scrubs
i now see why you deleted the ranked 5s top 10 page in favor of the solo queue one. i'm sorry for being an arrogant ass

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
also, to anyone from CDE or whatever other teams might be playing against dignitas soon, i'll sell you dignitas' newest strategy
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
October 26 2011 22:33 GMT
#2215
SEVERITY GAMING, EVERYONE.
Retvrn to Forvms
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 22:39:14
October 26 2011 22:37 GMT
#2216
On October 27 2011 06:14 Azerbaijan wrote:
Ok so I am trying to be a better jungler but I keep ending up in situations where I don't know what I should do :/

I'm Lee sin
My bot lane is pushed too far to gank. Mid is morgana against kassadin which I never tried to gank because of riftwalk. Though I guess I should have tried pre 6 to burn his flash. Top is Garen against Morg and I tried that twice but her shield makes her stupid hard to gank and every time she pushes far enough for a gank to be realistic I'm on the wrong side of the map getting double golems or counter jungling the noct. Also morg had wards up pretty much 100% of the time.

Is it normal for morg to be hard to gank or I am doing something wrong? Should I try to position myself so I'm closer to a lane when it pushes too far and a gank is possible? I feel like I counterjungled well when there were no chances for ganks but I didn't get any kills or assists until the midgame started to hit and my team was not happy with me. Should I be getting oracles for ward clearing? We had support karma but I don't think she bought oracles or pink.

I guess I could have tried a bush gank at top but again I always seemed to be to far away when I had a good chance to sneak in to the brush. I wasn't be useless though I don't think. I actively counter jungled and warded Nocts buffs/

Sorry if this is a lame post but my team called me a noob when I'm pretty sure I did what I could. Not sure what I could have better with they way my team was pushing but idk. any pointers would be helpful.


Remember that gank presence is only ONE of the things a jungler brings to the game. Many people do not know how to assist a jungler gank, and other times you will get lanes that are extremely hard to gank (Morgana is notorious for this).

Other things you should be aware of, in order of importance:
1) Do not lose towers. Take over for someone temporarily if need be.
2) Control dragon. You don't want to be dicking around top lane or in base when there's a dragon fight about to happen. The higher ELO you are, the more important dragon control is.
3) Gank exposed lanes (including bush gank). Clearly this wasn't the case in your game.
4) Countergank when appropriate (e.g you see enemy jungler running to bot lane, you should make your way over there if possible). Use judgment on this, because it could be a waste of time.
5) Clear your jungle, completely, ASAP. ->ALWAYS try to clear jungle whenever possible!
6) Counterjungle when appropriate (e.g. you are purple, and you see enemy jungler trying to gank your top lane but he's super safe; go ahead and clear his wraiths/red/golems as you see fit).

If you have literally nothing else going on, go ahead and try to gank lanes that your teammates pushed up, but seriously you should prioritize map control and leveling. Remember ganks are only good if they put your team ahead (even if you DON'T kill), but they are not necessary in a game (contrary to belief).
spacemonkey4eve
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States267 Posts
October 26 2011 23:20 GMT
#2217
Elementz has put revive teleport karthus as broken OP tier 1 for solo Q. Haven't had any experiences with it yet so far. Agree or disagree?
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
October 26 2011 23:27 GMT
#2218
On October 27 2011 07:30 gtrsrs wrote:
now i see why you guys bash ranked 5s so much
it is a dumb ladder
either you put bad people on your team to lower the elo so you can get fast queue times or you end up waiting 19 minutes in queue to play against a bunch of 1400 scrubs
i now see why you deleted the ranked 5s top 10 page in favor of the solo queue one. i'm sorry for being an arrogant ass

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
also, to anyone from CDE or whatever other teams might be playing against dignitas soon, i'll sell you dignitas' newest strategy

I have no idea what you're trying to say with this post except that you beat jatt and voyboi and are trying to brag about it
:)
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 26 2011 23:30 GMT
#2219
And he wonders why people go after him.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
mrgerry
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1508 Posts
October 26 2011 23:30 GMT
#2220
Apology accepted.
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 177 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O204
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 491
ZZZero.O 204
Hyun 127
Dota 2
monkeys_forever368
League of Legends
Doublelift4285
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4168
Liquid`Hasu462
Other Games
summit1g14235
FrodaN1670
JimRising 377
KnowMe245
Livibee184
ViBE88
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick846
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• Adnapsc2 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1131
Other Games
• imaqtpie971
• Shiphtur581
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 57m
Patches Events
15h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 57m
OSC
23h 57m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.