• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:28
CEST 23:28
KST 06:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8095 users

June 30 Patch General Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 19 Next All
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
July 02 2015 23:25 GMT
#81
I literally have 15+ RL friends playing this game. Few days ago we organized 5v5, it was super awesome, like old-school 5v5 matches of DotA 1.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-03 13:39:17
July 03 2015 12:46 GMT
#82
so took 2 hours ? x3 Dota 1 was fun but the grind burned me out i think.

Uh just landed on the bad side of Support matchmaking with Nova. Tassadar vs Brightwing/ Reghar. BW always saw me and dehided me even out of vision. Didn't played anywhere near that level of Nova tracking in every other regard.
Our team was doing really good though. Their comp had such a good sustain and no one cared about Zagaras tumors. That they always took fights near our boss and I could get pick offs. While well our Gazlow knew about the Immortals weakness.

Wonder if the boss will get a shield soon when no hero is close to him. I personally really like that you can throw minions at the Immortal that get ignored. But its Blizzard, no finer knowledge of something shall give an advantage.

I also really like that they hit like a truck once in lane, but die so super fast.
Perseverance
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan2800 Posts
July 04 2015 17:47 GMT
#83
new BW seems pretty bad. Anub changes are pretty good IMO
<3 Moonbattles
zodijackyl1
Profile Joined June 2015
18 Posts
July 04 2015 19:14 GMT
#84
This post is beautiful. Has anyone had any success with the new possession?
http://www.twitch.tv/zodijackyl1/
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-04 19:51:54
July 04 2015 19:48 GMT
#85
I guess if they remove Sylvanas ability to explode minions and mercs, possession would become useful. Its better now as you can take over one full minion wave. No real change when it comes to taking over mercs. But it now creates a push that needs to be dealt with, just like promote does.
But Sylvanas is just the wrong hero for possession. Maybe if she had no talents against minions it would be something. Because without those she has a pretty bad waveclear.

Did win with it against an Abathur though. But our team was ahead by the time 10 hit. Was less funny then I expected but still canceled out Aba pushing.
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
July 04 2015 20:25 GMT
#86
I can't decide if I want Falstad or not. I really want an assassin that's a bit more unique and flavourful (especially one that's mobile on big maps) but he's just so vulnerable and volatile. I feel like I just can't stay in the battle or I get instagibbed.
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
July 04 2015 20:29 GMT
#87
On July 05 2015 05:25 Roe wrote:
I can't decide if I want Falstad or not. I really want an assassin that's a bit more unique and flavourful (especially one that's mobile on big maps) but he's just so vulnerable and volatile. I feel like I just can't stay in the battle or I get instagibbed.

As far as casters go he's the one with the most mobility really, but as an auto-attacker he is squishier than others. So it just depends on how you want to play him.
Writer
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
July 04 2015 23:25 GMT
#88
If I'm Zeratul and being charged by The Butcher, how do I escape? Because I've tried blinking away, hitting him first with my singularity spike, going through smoke, running behind walls, and even mounting and galloping but nothing seems to cancel his ruthless onslaught. As soon as I hear "Fresh Meat!", I know I'm about to be chased down and auto-stunned (and hope that I don't get combo'ed/ ganked as a result). What I've started doing to attempt to minimize damage is to basically take the hit and try to blink away asap *after* I get hit, but I'd much rather not get hit in the first place. (And obviously I'm not gonna waste VP on only him.)
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
July 05 2015 00:16 GMT
#89
On July 05 2015 08:25 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
If I'm Zeratul and being charged by The Butcher, how do I escape? Because I've tried blinking away, hitting him first with my singularity spike, going through smoke, running behind walls, and even mounting and galloping but nothing seems to cancel his ruthless onslaught. As soon as I hear "Fresh Meat!", I know I'm about to be chased down and auto-stunned (and hope that I don't get combo'ed/ ganked as a result). What I've started doing to attempt to minimize damage is to basically take the hit and try to blink away asap *after* I get hit, but I'd much rather not get hit in the first place. (And obviously I'm not gonna waste VP on only him.)

You can't really evade Butcher's charge. He will hit you and if you are on low hp, or if he timed his Furnace Blast ulti perfectly, you are just dead. On the other hand, if you Blink after the stun, he can't really catch you.
Played Butcher quite a lot, and if Zeratul uses blink the moment Butcher's stun ends, he will escape before Butcher's manage to get Lamb to the Slaughter ulti on him.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
July 05 2015 00:19 GMT
#90
On July 05 2015 09:16 Ramiz1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2015 08:25 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
If I'm Zeratul and being charged by The Butcher, how do I escape? Because I've tried blinking away, hitting him first with my singularity spike, going through smoke, running behind walls, and even mounting and galloping but nothing seems to cancel his ruthless onslaught. As soon as I hear "Fresh Meat!", I know I'm about to be chased down and auto-stunned (and hope that I don't get combo'ed/ ganked as a result). What I've started doing to attempt to minimize damage is to basically take the hit and try to blink away asap *after* I get hit, but I'd much rather not get hit in the first place. (And obviously I'm not gonna waste VP on only him.)

You can't really evade Butcher's charge. He will hit you and if you are on low hp, or if he timed his Furnace Blast ulti perfectly, you are just dead. On the other hand, if you Blink after the stun, he can't really catch you.
Played Butcher quite a lot, and if Zeratul uses blink the moment Butcher's stun ends, he will escape before Butcher's manage to get Lamb to the Slaughter ulti on him.


Okay thanks, I just feel like that's kind of bullshit. I've been trying to steer clear of him in the early game by just staying in a different lane (much like when I see a Brightwing so I don't get poly'ed), but sometimes The Butcher just happens to be in smoke or traveling around and I can't do much lol
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-05 00:33:41
July 05 2015 00:30 GMT
#91
On July 05 2015 09:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2015 09:16 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On July 05 2015 08:25 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
If I'm Zeratul and being charged by The Butcher, how do I escape? Because I've tried blinking away, hitting him first with my singularity spike, going through smoke, running behind walls, and even mounting and galloping but nothing seems to cancel his ruthless onslaught. As soon as I hear "Fresh Meat!", I know I'm about to be chased down and auto-stunned (and hope that I don't get combo'ed/ ganked as a result). What I've started doing to attempt to minimize damage is to basically take the hit and try to blink away asap *after* I get hit, but I'd much rather not get hit in the first place. (And obviously I'm not gonna waste VP on only him.)

You can't really evade Butcher's charge. He will hit you and if you are on low hp, or if he timed his Furnace Blast ulti perfectly, you are just dead. On the other hand, if you Blink after the stun, he can't really catch you.
Played Butcher quite a lot, and if Zeratul uses blink the moment Butcher's stun ends, he will escape before Butcher's manage to get Lamb to the Slaughter ulti on him.


Okay thanks, I just feel like that's kind of bullshit. I've been trying to steer clear of him in the early game by just staying in a different lane (much like when I see a Brightwing so I don't get poly'ed), but sometimes The Butcher just happens to be in smoke or traveling around and I can't do much lol

Zeratul actually can win Butcher in the lane if it is 1v1. The thing is, you can always burst half of his HP down with Q and W, and start retreating, he won't be able to hit you, just with his Q which does pitiful damage at the start, so he won't be able to heal. If he charges you, just blink over the walls or even let him stun you near your towers so he takes few extra hits from them. If he uses his mark then, I am pretty positive that he can't outheal your auto-attacks + towers, let alone your spells.
If Butcher took Victuals on level 1, you will probably have a lot tougher time in lane as his sustain is great with it but still same applies, until level 10 he can't burst you as much as you can burst him down.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-05 04:50:58
July 05 2015 04:50 GMT
#92
On July 05 2015 08:25 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
If I'm Zeratul and being charged by The Butcher, how do I escape? Because I've tried blinking away, hitting him first with my singularity spike, going through smoke, running behind walls, and even mounting and galloping but nothing seems to cancel his ruthless onslaught. As soon as I hear "Fresh Meat!", I know I'm about to be chased down and auto-stunned (and hope that I don't get combo'ed/ ganked as a result). What I've started doing to attempt to minimize damage is to basically take the hit and try to blink away asap *after* I get hit, but I'd much rather not get hit in the first place. (And obviously I'm not gonna waste VP on only him.)


Butcher can't be stopped by anything except for your team's gates.

Yea, it's stupid.

The only way to counter Butcher is teamwork. He can pretty much 1v1 any hero in the game, and I frequently see him 1v2 heroes. If you've going to get charged, make sure you're with teammates, and then Blink away right after he stuns you so the rest of your team can take him out.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
July 05 2015 05:00 GMT
#93
Also, in Butcher vs. Butcher if we charge at each other, whose Ruthless Onslaught gets cancelled and whose actually hits? Because I know mine's gotten cancelled multiple times from getting ROed while I'm doing it too, but I can't ever tell who's casting it first/ second.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
July 05 2015 12:03 GMT
#94
Hey TLV players, what do you take on Lv1 now? Is Viking Bribery worth taking over Olaf the Stout? I mean sure the survivability isn't that useful, but it helps me when I fuck up and being able to stack only 2 bribes on a hero that probably farms much more sounds kind of meh...
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-05 13:26:38
July 05 2015 13:20 GMT
#95
On July 05 2015 21:03 Ej_ wrote:
Hey TLV players, what do you take on Lv1 now? Is Viking Bribery worth taking over Olaf the Stout? I mean sure the survivability isn't that useful, but it helps me when I fuck up and being able to stack only 2 bribes on a hero that probably farms much more sounds kind of meh...

The reason why Bribe is great on them is because they can do more with it than other heroes can. What I am trying to say is that with other heroes that have Bribe you still have to go to the camp and use it on Mercs, in which case you can just waste 10 more seconds and kill Mercs anyway.
But with Vikings you can just go with Erik and steal their camp in the middle of nowhere while your other 2 Vikings are pushing or doing another camp.

Haven't played them that much after the nerf, but Explosive Attacks or Viking Bribery are the ones that I've been picking from game to game and Viking Bribery turned out to be the most useful. Olaf the Stout is quite solid but Olaf is so slow that he will probably going to die anyway.
On July 05 2015 13:50 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2015 08:25 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
If I'm Zeratul and being charged by The Butcher, how do I escape? Because I've tried blinking away, hitting him first with my singularity spike, going through smoke, running behind walls, and even mounting and galloping but nothing seems to cancel his ruthless onslaught. As soon as I hear "Fresh Meat!", I know I'm about to be chased down and auto-stunned (and hope that I don't get combo'ed/ ganked as a result). What I've started doing to attempt to minimize damage is to basically take the hit and try to blink away asap *after* I get hit, but I'd much rather not get hit in the first place. (And obviously I'm not gonna waste VP on only him.)


Butcher can't be stopped by anything except for your team's gates.

Yea, it's stupid.

The only way to counter Butcher is teamwork. He can pretty much 1v1 any hero in the game, and I frequently see him 1v2 heroes. If you've going to get charged, make sure you're with teammates, and then Blink away right after he stuns you so the rest of your team can take him out.

Butcher can also be stopped if you move far away from him if he is charging, as he still has his "leash" range while in charge. If you are using Hearthstone and Butcher charges you on the last second, he won't continue to charge you through the whole map.
Likewise if you charge someone with few Blinks, they can escape before they get hit. Valla using 2x Vault + Bolt of the Storm. I can't remember which hero but someone stopped my charge with the move like that, blinking out of range just after I've charged him and I've just stopped in place.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
July 05 2015 19:14 GMT
#96
So it seems good old sc maphack is present in this game too

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3c78bb/maphack_enables_targeted_abilities_on_heroes/

Really a shame, was enjoying the competitive aspect, but if blizz doesn't do anything about this, and they won't, what's the point of playing?
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-05 19:32:18
July 05 2015 19:29 GMT
#97
The point of playing is this https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3c7qxy/why_maphacks_wont_ruin_the_game_with_facts/

I made that post because I got fed up. One guy post about map hacks and suddenly everyone in b.net and reddit start to say they just played against a map hacker and start to blame their loses on them...it's ridiculous and its being blown out of proportion. It is a problem, but its not game breaking, I bet not even 1% of the playerbase map hack or even know this exist.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-05 20:00:26
July 05 2015 19:59 GMT
#98
yeah but it will spread, especially now that everyone posts about it. Just Blizzard can do something about it really. But since you don't get 10 heroes really fast, it won't be to a problem unless they do 6 month banwaves then no one will care. But if those using the hack now will complain on their shady forums that they get isnta banned, it will just die down.

Butcher is really scary if you like to roam or be a bit away from the rest. I think its nice to have an anti poke hero. And every Melee Assassin has close up to the enemy spells. Melee is hard to balance and they decided to have melees be able to close up the distance.

Or just play Zagara. Easiest Maw target ever, not even I miss that big thing charging at me.
Mnemic
Profile Joined April 2010
Botswana80 Posts
July 05 2015 20:27 GMT
#99
On July 06 2015 04:14 Odoakar wrote:
So it seems good old sc maphack is present in this game too

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/3c78bb/maphack_enables_targeted_abilities_on_heroes/

Really a shame, was enjoying the competitive aspect, but if blizz doesn't do anything about this, and they won't, what's the point of playing?


But it doesn't have the same effect since competitive sc is 1v1 while hots is 5v5. Sure, the whole team could get it but thats like screaming "we are scrubs, ban us". We could analyze the whole sport scene from football, MMA to athletics etc.. in every single one of them you could find "cheaters" and yet they are still popular. Counter Strike has cheaters and its still popular, people are still playing. If you dont find a game fun just because there is a chance you might encounter a hacker/cheater then you should probably skip A LOT of games/sports.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
July 05 2015 22:01 GMT
#100
freaking love the buff on Hydra. It just plows through a minion wave now. One reason less to use Banelings at all. Also Hydras are good at last hitting, can even leave a lane early now and not lose the full exp of a wave.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 176
JuggernautJason123
Nina 107
SpeCial 14
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 165
firebathero 78
910 38
NaDa 31
Counter-Strike
Fnx 815
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0154
PPMD22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9449
Liquid`Hasu1744
crisheroes1523
Trikslyr90
Other Games
summit1g6651
Liquid`RaSZi5748
Beastyqt694
shahzam496
B2W.Neo222
ToD214
Pyrionflax182
KnowMe136
ArmadaUGS108
ZombieGrub78
IndyStarCraft 62
JimRising 33
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 37
• Eskiya23 15
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV553
League of Legends
• TFBlade1281
Other Games
• imaqtpie1057
• Shiphtur264
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 32m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.