• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:52
CEST 08:52
KST 15:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8457 users

June 30 Patch General Discussion - Page 7

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
July 07 2015 19:34 GMT
#121
I'm at about the point where I'm going to stop taking melee heroes (unless its a tank) on Battlefield of Eternity. It's just too much of a mess to fight around. Also, I'm tired of seeing people play it so badly. So many morons lane or otherwise dick around instead of killing the Immortals when the enemy team is down or disadvantaged.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
July 07 2015 19:41 GMT
#122
I feel like its a very good Abathur map. He can get good value off his XP soak.
Wat
Gon
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
July 07 2015 19:48 GMT
#123
I'm a little torn on what to do when immortals are up. I have tried a 1 per lane 3 defending split to soak for XP and had it work out very well with a good XP advantage and had it fail miserably with the 3 getting wiped. Is there a case for soaking while immortals are up or should the focus be purely on the winning the teamfight for immortals?
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
July 07 2015 19:51 GMT
#124
I'm also a bit torn on what to do for the first Immortal. It pops when you are like level 4. For the most part everyone abandons lanes and fights the Immortals. But I feel like there may be some value in possibly trying to send 3 to safely chip down some of the enemy Immortal while you have 2 people in lane soaking. You'll lose the first Immortal but it seems to only kill like 2 towers and a gate anyways. I'd say having a 1.5 level lead from waves would be worth it.
Wat
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-07 20:34:24
July 07 2015 20:33 GMT
#125
On July 08 2015 04:51 Tenks wrote:
I'm also a bit torn on what to do for the first Immortal. It pops when you are like level 4. For the most part everyone abandons lanes and fights the Immortals. But I feel like there may be some value in possibly trying to send 3 to safely chip down some of the enemy Immortal while you have 2 people in lane soaking. You'll lose the first Immortal but it seems to only kill like 2 towers and a gate anyways. I'd say having a 1.5 level lead from waves would be worth it.


Why bother sending any to the middle then, if you're considering laning/ soaking for an early level lead? Is the enemy immortal weaker if you take out some of its health during the middle battle (yet still lose)? I was under the impression that the immortal's power was binary (either you have one at its standard spawning power, or you completely lose it), like a dragon knight, rather than like the haunted mines' golems that are proportional/ split in some way (based on number of skulls).

3 people can't possibly kill an immortal faster than 5, so wouldn't you just be wasting firepower that could push lanes harder and faster?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
MotherFox
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1529 Posts
July 07 2015 20:34 GMT
#126
On July 08 2015 05:33 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2015 04:51 Tenks wrote:
I'm also a bit torn on what to do for the first Immortal. It pops when you are like level 4. For the most part everyone abandons lanes and fights the Immortals. But I feel like there may be some value in possibly trying to send 3 to safely chip down some of the enemy Immortal while you have 2 people in lane soaking. You'll lose the first Immortal but it seems to only kill like 2 towers and a gate anyways. I'd say having a 1.5 level lead from waves would be worth it.


Why bother sending any to the middle then, if you're considering laning/ soaking for an early level lead? Is the enemy immortal weaker if you take out some of its health during the middle battle (yet still lose)? I was under the impression that the immortal's power was binary (either you have one at its standard spawning power, or you completely lose it), like a dragon knight, rather than like the haunted mines' golems that are proportional/ split in some way (based on number of skulls).

3 people can't possibly kill an immortal faster than 5, so wouldn't you just be wasting firepower that could push lanes harder and faster?


Hum... I was under the impression that damage done the enemy immortal transferred over if the other team killed yours first.
Don't Panic
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-07 20:36:16
July 07 2015 20:35 GMT
#127
On July 08 2015 05:34 MotherFox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2015 05:33 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 08 2015 04:51 Tenks wrote:
I'm also a bit torn on what to do for the first Immortal. It pops when you are like level 4. For the most part everyone abandons lanes and fights the Immortals. But I feel like there may be some value in possibly trying to send 3 to safely chip down some of the enemy Immortal while you have 2 people in lane soaking. You'll lose the first Immortal but it seems to only kill like 2 towers and a gate anyways. I'd say having a 1.5 level lead from waves would be worth it.


Why bother sending any to the middle then, if you're considering laning/ soaking for an early level lead? Is the enemy immortal weaker if you take out some of its health during the middle battle (yet still lose)? I was under the impression that the immortal's power was binary (either you have one at its standard spawning power, or you completely lose it), like a dragon knight, rather than like the haunted mines' golems that are proportional/ split in some way (based on number of skulls).

3 people can't possibly kill an immortal faster than 5, so wouldn't you just be wasting firepower that could push lanes harder and faster?


Hum... I was under the impression that damage done the enemy immortal transferred over if the other team killed yours first.


If that's the case, then I 100% agree with Tenks's approach of 1-3-1 for the first immortal. I guess it's just hard for me to gauge such a thing.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
July 07 2015 20:36 GMT
#128
On July 08 2015 05:33 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2015 04:51 Tenks wrote:
I'm also a bit torn on what to do for the first Immortal. It pops when you are like level 4. For the most part everyone abandons lanes and fights the Immortals. But I feel like there may be some value in possibly trying to send 3 to safely chip down some of the enemy Immortal while you have 2 people in lane soaking. You'll lose the first Immortal but it seems to only kill like 2 towers and a gate anyways. I'd say having a 1.5 level lead from waves would be worth it.


Why bother sending any to the middle then, if you're considering laning/ soaking for an early level lead? Is the enemy immortal weaker if you take out some of its health during the middle battle (yet still lose)? I was under the impression that the immortal's power was binary (either you have one at its standard spawning power, or you completely lose it), like a dragon knight, rather than like the haunted mines' golems that are proportional/ split in some way (based on number of skulls).

3 people can't possibly kill an immortal faster than 5, so wouldn't you just be wasting firepower that could push lanes harder and faster?


AFAIK the Immortal is not binary. I believe the shields it gains is a direct reflection of the amount of HP remaining. Since it is most dangerous when it is ranged (shielded) if you manage to chip off some of it's HP it is less push you are required to deal with once it spawns.
Wat
MotherFox
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1529 Posts
July 07 2015 20:38 GMT
#129
The real danger of sending three is if the enemy team does a 4-1 split, with 1 person attacking their immortal and 4 coming over to gank your 3 while they are sitting under an enemy immortal...
Don't Panic
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-07 20:41:18
July 07 2015 20:40 GMT
#130
On July 08 2015 05:38 MotherFox wrote:
The real danger of sending three is if the enemy team does a 4-1 split, with 1 person attacking their immortal and 4 coming over to gank your 3 while they are sitting under an enemy immortal...


Yeah the strategy seems somewhat dependent upon their spawning locations as well. Like if the enemy spawns on your side of the map (possibly even the North and South positions) 1-3-1 may work. If it spawns on your enemy's side you may need to just 5man ball at the objective.

I don't *think* there is a pattern to their initial spawn locations but possibly I haven't taken great note on them either
Wat
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-07 21:02:22
July 07 2015 20:57 GMT
#131
Love it, the back and forth of the team fights in the middle over the immortal is a concept that should be applauded.

Fighting by your immortal is indeed the key. When they're up you need to DEFEND first, then when you have 5 up or killed 1-2 of the enemy, then push their immortal. And do not be scared to pull back to the safety of your immortal quickly.

edit: The key is to stay alive, and make sure your immortal doesn't take a lot of damage. Poke.

edit 2: And when you get the immortal it's always nice to send 1 to the other lane for exp, as it dies fast the first few times. Just don't overstay your welcome and all get camps as soon as possible after.

Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
July 07 2015 21:10 GMT
#132
On July 08 2015 05:36 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2015 05:33 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 08 2015 04:51 Tenks wrote:
I'm also a bit torn on what to do for the first Immortal. It pops when you are like level 4. For the most part everyone abandons lanes and fights the Immortals. But I feel like there may be some value in possibly trying to send 3 to safely chip down some of the enemy Immortal while you have 2 people in lane soaking. You'll lose the first Immortal but it seems to only kill like 2 towers and a gate anyways. I'd say having a 1.5 level lead from waves would be worth it.


Why bother sending any to the middle then, if you're considering laning/ soaking for an early level lead? Is the enemy immortal weaker if you take out some of its health during the middle battle (yet still lose)? I was under the impression that the immortal's power was binary (either you have one at its standard spawning power, or you completely lose it), like a dragon knight, rather than like the haunted mines' golems that are proportional/ split in some way (based on number of skulls).

3 people can't possibly kill an immortal faster than 5, so wouldn't you just be wasting firepower that could push lanes harder and faster?


AFAIK the Immortal is not binary. I believe the shields it gains is a direct reflection of the amount of HP remaining. Since it is most dangerous when it is ranged (shielded) if you manage to chip off some of it's HP it is less push you are required to deal with once it spawns.


Ah, okay then

On July 08 2015 05:57 fruity. wrote:
Love it, the back and forth of the team fights in the middle over the immortal is a concept that should be applauded.


I definitely think it's a breath of fresh air, as it's essentially an arena that everyone agrees to brawl in from time to time, rather than heavily relying on guerrilla tactics.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
MotherFox
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1529 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-07 21:50:58
July 07 2015 21:35 GMT
#133
I think the map offers more than just a place to team fight constantly--- teamfights under an enemy immortal are very tricky-but-manageable. I main brightwing whenever I am not a jungler like illidan/falstad, and positioning under an enemy immortal is really fun, even though it is challenging to constantly be healing the team while also not getting stunned.
Don't Panic
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
July 07 2015 22:53 GMT
#134
I prefer to do 1 soak 4 def own immortal. The immortal and his stuns pretty much makes up for the missing teammember and if you have a strong laner (sylvanas) she can easily take forts quicker than the two to three initial immortals.
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
July 08 2015 08:34 GMT
#135
Yep, if you want to soak you clearly have to def your immortal, the defenders advantage is really strong. This map is reaaaally good for abathur because he can soak 2 lanes AND push while your team defends the immortal, the objective phase is usually pretty long on this map so it gives a lot of room for abathur to do abathur things. It's also a damn good map for zagara as she can get you tons of vision mid with a creep build, allowing you to safely poke/know when to engage, I think I have like 80% win with zagara at rank 1, just spam creep everywhere in the middle. You are also very good at taking down the immortal from afar with banelings.

Overall I really like this map, usually I dislike new maps when they are released (hated sky temple and still hate spider queen) but this one is really fun. Non stop action in the middle, pretty cool concept with the immortals fighting and new mercs (yay). I'm just surprised the immortals aren't dealing any damage to each other, I thought they would slowly take each other out to avoid stalemates.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
July 08 2015 14:25 GMT
#136
I still hate Sky Temple
Wat
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
July 08 2015 15:02 GMT
#137
Why would Blizzard put Blackheart's Bay back into rotation when obviously everyone hates it and doesn't want to play it? We wanted Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror etc back in rotation, not Bay ;;
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
July 08 2015 15:21 GMT
#138
I think all maps are back? I know at least I played Garden yesterday. Dragonshire hasn't come up for me, though.
Wat
yotis
Profile Joined September 2011
Czech Republic652 Posts
July 08 2015 15:24 GMT
#139
But, but I like bay ...
are they lost forever?
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
July 08 2015 16:03 GMT
#140
On July 09 2015 00:02 Larkin wrote:
Why would Blizzard put Blackheart's Bay back into rotation when obviously everyone hates it and doesn't want to play it? We wanted Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror etc back in rotation, not Bay ;;


BB is my favorite map and DS and GoT are my two least favorites.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 136
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 347
Mong 86
NotJumperer 42
Shine 41
Bale 31
Noble 11
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
League of Legends
JimRising 627
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 831
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft755
Other Games
summit1g8469
ceh9318
C9.Mang0270
PiGStarcraft237
Happy225
Livibee92
ArmadaUGS29
RuFF_SC227
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream486
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2360
League of Legends
• Rush1427
• Lourlo1416
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
3h 9m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
17h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 4h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.