• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:22
CEST 19:22
KST 02:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9388 users

June 30 Patch General Discussion - Page 9

Forum Index > Heroes of the Storm
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 19 Next All
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-09 12:14:17
July 09 2015 12:14 GMT
#161
On July 09 2015 12:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2015 10:24 Larkin wrote:
On July 09 2015 01:03 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 09 2015 00:02 Larkin wrote:
Why would Blizzard put Blackheart's Bay back into rotation when obviously everyone hates it and doesn't want to play it? We wanted Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror etc back in rotation, not Bay ;;


BB is my favorite map and DS and GoT are my two least favorites.


Why?


I feel like GoT is largely redundant when it comes to gathering seeds, because it's just like gathering HM skulls but there's no confrontation (most of the time, one team goes one terror and the other team goes the other terror). And I just get tired of the final objective being "Summon Giant X", whether it's a DK or a Terror or even an Immortal. At least with BB and CH, there are forced battles over objectives that focus on different things.


The big trees should be on a timer, so either one comes up first, then shortly after the other, or one is up then the other after the first goes down.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
July 09 2015 13:11 GMT
#162
On July 09 2015 17:52 RouaF wrote:
Double warrior is good because most of the time warriors bring CC. CC is key to secure kills, the better the players are the more you need CC to actually finish that guy and not let him escape at 10%hp.

I'm sure you've had these games where you have on paper a great teamfighting comp but you just lose lanes to a roam/gank squad full of cc and feel like you never had a chance even if the game drags on a bit because you are 2/3 levels behind. This game snowballs VERY fast and early kills can quickly get you a level lead which can mean game over if you don't stop grouping.

Tanks are also more beefy and most of the meta tanks have good escapes so they are less likely to feed early.

On an other note, protip of the day : play Rehgar, max chain heal (every talent related to chain heal, don't even take healing totem at lvl 1, you need the 45 mana chain heal) and acquire free elo. He's also a soft counter to the imba KT because he is basically the only healer that can heal his gigantic poke aoe. At level 16 you have a 45 mana chain heal that bounces to 4 targets on a 6second cooldown. Play it before it's nerfed !


The only thing that changed to this for rehgar is the cooldown went from 9 to 6 potentially.. And you have the option to take cleanse. Your feral heart mana regeneration, earth shield (usually still better i think) and ult cd all got a fair bit worse though. Don't think he got any better really especially as the old blood for blood was so good on him.

If anything I like him more than before now because BW and Uther got fairly harsh nerfs, but overall I prefer malf over rehgar in good teams now. For public games though I like rehgar best. Malf has more potential power but your team needs to know how to play and draft around him, he has massive sustain and utility but lacks burst so stinks if he is only support and people pick stuff like illidan or butcher which people will do in HL. Also rehgar can reasonably grab xp if needed while malf sucks immensely for that (don't think the moonburn talent is worth taking).
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46476 Posts
July 09 2015 13:19 GMT
#163
On July 09 2015 21:14 fruity. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2015 12:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 09 2015 10:24 Larkin wrote:
On July 09 2015 01:03 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 09 2015 00:02 Larkin wrote:
Why would Blizzard put Blackheart's Bay back into rotation when obviously everyone hates it and doesn't want to play it? We wanted Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror etc back in rotation, not Bay ;;


BB is my favorite map and DS and GoT are my two least favorites.


Why?


I feel like GoT is largely redundant when it comes to gathering seeds, because it's just like gathering HM skulls but there's no confrontation (most of the time, one team goes one terror and the other team goes the other terror). And I just get tired of the final objective being "Summon Giant X", whether it's a DK or a Terror or even an Immortal. At least with BB and CH, there are forced battles over objectives that focus on different things.


The big trees should be on a timer, so either one comes up first, then shortly after the other, or one is up then the other after the first goes down.


That would be interesting, although I'm afraid that the winner of the fight at the first terror would be guaranteed the seeds from the second terror too, as the losing team would still be on a death timer or at least be behind in levels.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46476 Posts
July 09 2015 13:22 GMT
#164
On July 09 2015 18:45 Larkin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2015 12:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 09 2015 10:24 Larkin wrote:
On July 09 2015 01:03 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 09 2015 00:02 Larkin wrote:
Why would Blizzard put Blackheart's Bay back into rotation when obviously everyone hates it and doesn't want to play it? We wanted Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror etc back in rotation, not Bay ;;


BB is my favorite map and DS and GoT are my two least favorites.


Why?


I feel like GoT is largely redundant when it comes to gathering seeds, because it's just like gathering HM skulls but there's no confrontation (most of the time, one team goes one terror and the other team goes the other terror). And I just get tired of the final objective being "Summon Giant X", whether it's a DK or a Terror or even an Immortal. At least with BB and CH, there are forced battles over objectives that focus on different things.


I understand the sentiment. But BB plays so horribly imo. The gimmick - free, indefensible siege damage - is really irritating to me; I have this issue with Sky Temple too, but at least there you can continuously contest the temples.

BB's design, with the multiple lanes in mid etc just adds to it being a bit of a clusterfuck. I'm not massively keen on Cursed Hollow for the horrible fights around the tributes for the same reason. But then again I play ranged assassin/specialists pretty much exclusively, so maybe that's why.


Yeah I like hammer or zeratul on BB Then again, I'm totally fine with having all these maps in the map pool with a simple veto system, even for QM (much like how the SC2 map pool allows you to veto ~3 out of 8 maps). That way, you can veto BB and I can veto GoT
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
July 09 2015 13:54 GMT
#165
I basically go Johanna 100% on BHB. Knight Takes Pawn and then pretend I'm just farming in an MMO. The map is so boring. Nothing worse than "We're ahead lets completely avoid any interaction with the other team."
Wat
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
July 09 2015 14:55 GMT
#166
On July 09 2015 22:54 Tenks wrote:
I basically go Johanna 100% on BHB. Knight Takes Pawn and then pretend I'm just farming in an MMO. The map is so boring. Nothing worse than "We're ahead lets completely avoid any interaction with the other team."

Yup, my teammates have the same opinion. When we get that map they just go full retard, literally, like that they are playing the game for the first time and enemy usually roflstomp us in 15 minutes. They pretty much lose all motivation when playing on that map.

Well, that's the only map where I am at 49% WR, all others are above 60%.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
MotherFox
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1529 Posts
July 09 2015 15:15 GMT
#167

BB's design, with the multiple lanes in mid etc just adds to it being a bit of a clusterfuck. I'm not massively keen on Cursed Hollow for the horrible fights around the tributes for the same reason. But then again I play ranged assassin/specialists pretty much exclusively, so maybe that's why.


What do you mean by multiple lanes in mid on blackheart's bay? I can only think of three lanes, and many maps have stuff above/below/in-between lanes.
Don't Panic
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
July 09 2015 17:00 GMT
#168
I can't wait until a new map is released and we can phase out BHB completely. I hope the ladder rotation follows tournaments and slots old ones out one by one soon.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
July 09 2015 17:09 GMT
#169
On July 09 2015 22:22 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2015 18:45 Larkin wrote:
On July 09 2015 12:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 09 2015 10:24 Larkin wrote:
On July 09 2015 01:03 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 09 2015 00:02 Larkin wrote:
Why would Blizzard put Blackheart's Bay back into rotation when obviously everyone hates it and doesn't want to play it? We wanted Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror etc back in rotation, not Bay ;;


BB is my favorite map and DS and GoT are my two least favorites.


Why?


I feel like GoT is largely redundant when it comes to gathering seeds, because it's just like gathering HM skulls but there's no confrontation (most of the time, one team goes one terror and the other team goes the other terror). And I just get tired of the final objective being "Summon Giant X", whether it's a DK or a Terror or even an Immortal. At least with BB and CH, there are forced battles over objectives that focus on different things.


I understand the sentiment. But BB plays so horribly imo. The gimmick - free, indefensible siege damage - is really irritating to me; I have this issue with Sky Temple too, but at least there you can continuously contest the temples.

BB's design, with the multiple lanes in mid etc just adds to it being a bit of a clusterfuck. I'm not massively keen on Cursed Hollow for the horrible fights around the tributes for the same reason. But then again I play ranged assassin/specialists pretty much exclusively, so maybe that's why.


Yeah I like hammer or zeratul on BB Then again, I'm totally fine with having all these maps in the map pool with a simple veto system, even for QM (much like how the SC2 map pool allows you to veto ~3 out of 8 maps). That way, you can veto BB and I can veto GoT


Zeratul is basically the bane of my existence, so yeah.

Veto system has to come soon. I was crying out even just for a "veto last played map" for the next search, because when it was only the four maps in rotation I played 3 30 minute games on Cursed Hollow in a row and I nearly died.

Ideally search restrictions would allow for balanced games (rather than high MMR of one or two players meaning they match you with a crap team and far superior opponents, or so it would seem) and balanced hero choice in QM, so each team has to have 1 tank and 1 healer, for example. So many games as Sylvanas I see no one but assassins and specialists.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
July 09 2015 17:13 GMT
#170
I'd rather they phase out Haunted Mines before Blackheart's Bay.
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
July 09 2015 17:16 GMT
#171
On July 10 2015 02:13 xDaunt wrote:
I'd rather they phase out Haunted Mines before Blackheart's Bay.

Both are pretty critical to be honest...
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
July 09 2015 19:33 GMT
#172
[This is a meta discussion and only tangentally related to this thread -- feel free to delete/move]

Now that the Large General thread is locked where is a catch-all thread to talk about competitive play? I want to talk about this insane TL vs Huron game with Nydus Zag and Robo Gaz.
Wat
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
July 09 2015 20:24 GMT
#173
This is the place! That or we could bump that thread that acts as a live report for general games.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
MotherFox
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1529 Posts
July 09 2015 21:00 GMT
#174
link to replay/vod would be good for when I get home. Nydus zagara sounds intriguing.
Don't Panic
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
July 09 2015 21:07 GMT
#175
On July 10 2015 06:00 MotherFox wrote:
link to replay/vod would be good for when I get home. Nydus zagara sounds intriguing.


It was a horrible one sided game. Nydus Zag was on TL Robo was on the other team. TL smashed them.
Wat
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
July 09 2015 21:27 GMT
#176
I love Blackhearts Bay leave it alone. The only map where you can play around with weird talents and still be able to win. It is the only map were I can take uppercut D: .
Also next map will most likely be similiar to blackhearts bay haha. And I suppose the Sc2 themed map will be used to grow Sc2 LotV hype ?
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
July 09 2015 21:56 GMT
#177
On July 10 2015 06:27 FeyFey wrote:
I love Blackhearts Bay leave it alone. The only map where you can play around with weird talents and still be able to win. It is the only map were I can take uppercut D: .

Of course, because it doesn't really matter which talents you get to clear the creeps and merc camps huehuehue.

Now seriously, we really don't need PvE maps in this game.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
July 09 2015 23:37 GMT
#178
On July 10 2015 06:27 FeyFey wrote:
I love Blackhearts Bay leave it alone. The only map where you can play around with weird talents and still be able to win. It is the only map were I can take uppercut D: .
Also next map will most likely be similiar to blackhearts bay haha. And I suppose the Sc2 themed map will be used to grow Sc2 LotV hype ?


Yea, I like it as well, since it has a drastically different play style than all of the rest. You don't ever have to attack your opponents' base; you only need to fight over the turn-in point and mercs, which I find different and a lot of fun.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
July 09 2015 23:56 GMT
#179
So with today's bug patch Blizzard removed everyone from my friend's list and removed me from my friends' lists. Had to manually re-add people I play with. Anyone else have a similar issue?
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46476 Posts
July 10 2015 05:56 GMT
#180
On July 10 2015 08:56 Hier wrote:
So with today's bug patch Blizzard removed everyone from my friend's list and removed me from my friends' lists. Had to manually re-add people I play with. Anyone else have a similar issue?


Whoa what??? Fortunately, this wasn't the case for me.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 668
IntoTheiNu 619
SteadfastSC477
Rex98
CosmosSc2 63
EnkiAlexander 52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 477
Rex 98
UpATreeSC 92
CosmosSc2 57
BRAT_OK 38
MindelVK 13
Codebar 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42865
Jaedong 1387
Hyuk 813
Soma 696
BeSt 453
Mini 446
Larva 347
Rush 291
Soulkey 253
ZerO 234
[ Show more ]
Snow 169
hero 91
Dewaltoss 76
Liquid`Ret 53
Mind 49
sorry 31
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 23
Rock 21
Terrorterran 19
Trap 19
Dota 2
qojqva1407
Dendi832
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
x6flipin540
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3053
crisheroes2358
Khaldor1798
Liquid`Hasu444
Other Games
singsing1805
ArmadaUGS1493
hiko791
byalli470
B2W.Neo396
ceh9377
KnowMe126
QueenE93
Trikslyr38
Railgan23
Chillindude20
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Adnapsc2 6
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3574
League of Legends
• Nemesis2437
• TFBlade1009
Other Games
• imaqtpie643
• Shiphtur369
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 39m
OSC
19h 39m
Stellar Fest
19h 39m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.