• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:22
CEST 00:22
KST 07:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8179 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 129

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 131 162 Next
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
February 03 2015 08:39 GMT
#2561
I just started playing casual and in my like 10th-12th game I am playing against come crazy cards/decks/combos (seems to me at least). Is that normal? Should I continue grinding with the basic decks (mostly mage/druid)?
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Douillos
Profile Joined May 2010
France3195 Posts
February 03 2015 08:44 GMT
#2562
On February 03 2015 17:39 MassHysteria wrote:
I just started playing casual and in my like 10th-12th game I am playing against come crazy cards/decks/combos (seems to me at least). Is that normal? Should I continue grinding with the basic decks (mostly mage/druid)?


This is a major problem with hearthstone currently , unranked is plagued with players who loose intentionally to be paired against new players and grind gold easily.

I'd avise you to go to ranked lvl 20-25 and then play in the 18-20 rank lvl. You *should* have a better beginners experience there ...
Look a giraffe! Look a fist!!
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
February 03 2015 09:00 GMT
#2563
On February 03 2015 17:44 Douillos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2015 17:39 MassHysteria wrote:
I just started playing casual and in my like 10th-12th game I am playing against come crazy cards/decks/combos (seems to me at least). Is that normal? Should I continue grinding with the basic decks (mostly mage/druid)?


This is a major problem with hearthstone currently , unranked is plagued with players who loose intentionally to be paired against new players and grind gold easily.

I'd avise you to go to ranked lvl 20-25 and then play in the 18-20 rank lvl. You *should* have a better beginners experience there ...

Thank you, will do that.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
February 06 2015 05:45 GMT
#2564
--- Nuked ---
fencer
Profile Joined October 2011
122 Posts
February 07 2015 12:25 GMT
#2565
Could someone mathematically gifted help me out with a question about Mad Scientists and secrets?

When I'm playing 2 secrets and 2 scientists, I sometimes end up drawing a scientist without any secrets left in my deck because I drew them in the wrong order. I've been experimenting with adding a 3rd secret just to lower the chances of drawing "dead" scientists.

If we compare running 2 secrets to running 3, for both scenarios, could someone work out the chance of drawing all secrets with at least 1 scientist left in the deck? This is assuming we always keep any scientists in our opening hand and always mulligan secrets.

I'm very curious about this!
Disc Golf is Awesome! Thought I'd throw that out there =)
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 01:57:30
February 11 2015 01:30 GMT
#2566
Should I be buying GvG cards or spend the gold on the Classics?

edit: spent the gold on 3 more of the classics
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
February 11 2015 05:15 GMT
#2567
In general classic cards are better than GvG cards (Dr. Boom notwithstanding)
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
February 11 2015 05:28 GMT
#2568
On February 11 2015 10:30 MassHysteria wrote:
Should I be buying GvG cards or spend the gold on the Classics?

edit: spent the gold on 3 more of the classics

I generally buy Classics because I get new GvG packs in Arena already.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
February 11 2015 05:42 GMT
#2569
On February 07 2015 21:25 fencer wrote:
Could someone mathematically gifted help me out with a question about Mad Scientists and secrets?

When I'm playing 2 secrets and 2 scientists, I sometimes end up drawing a scientist without any secrets left in my deck because I drew them in the wrong order. I've been experimenting with adding a 3rd secret just to lower the chances of drawing "dead" scientists.

If we compare running 2 secrets to running 3, for both scenarios, could someone work out the chance of drawing all secrets with at least 1 scientist left in the deck? This is assuming we always keep any scientists in our opening hand and always mulligan secrets.

I'm very curious about this!

The calculation here is really, really nasty, because it measures multiple distinct events for different states and as such can't be done in a cute and convenient way. If you wanted to calculate this, you'd be best off having a computer fill out a table of possible results for you, because the total number of possible draw orders in a deck with 2 Mad Scientists, 2 secrets, and 26 other cards is 164430 (30!/(2!*2!*26!)), if I remember my high school math correctly. If you paid me $20/hr, I'd solve it for you, but... I don't think that either of us really wants to do that.

In any case, the big improvement from the extra secret is unpredictability. Sometimes you'll catch your opponent off-guard, which really matters for (say) Mech Mage against Druid. If they don't know whether you've gotten a Mirror Entity or a Counterspell and they guess wrong, they're in for a lot of trouble.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
February 11 2015 09:34 GMT
#2570
Why does noone play Shockadin? I just got the 5 wins quest for Paladin or Shaman so I googled a random shockadin list and owned faces with it easily.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
February 12 2015 06:45 GMT
#2571
I'm a mage playing a hunter. I have 2 life left and he has explosive trap up.
I attack with Mad Scientist that summons Ice Block, do I live?
RJTheDestroyer
Profile Joined August 2014
Canada0 Posts
February 12 2015 07:14 GMT
#2572
On February 12 2015 15:45 IcemanAsi wrote:
I'm a mage playing a hunter. I have 2 life left and he has explosive trap up.
I attack with Mad Scientist that summons Ice Block, do I live?

No because secrets don't trigger on your own turn, meaning the Ice Block won't save you.
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-12 19:07:06
February 12 2015 16:48 GMT
#2573
On February 11 2015 14:42 Acritter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2015 21:25 fencer wrote:
Could someone mathematically gifted help me out with a question about Mad Scientists and secrets?

When I'm playing 2 secrets and 2 scientists, I sometimes end up drawing a scientist without any secrets left in my deck because I drew them in the wrong order. I've been experimenting with adding a 3rd secret just to lower the chances of drawing "dead" scientists.

If we compare running 2 secrets to running 3, for both scenarios, could someone work out the chance of drawing all secrets with at least 1 scientist left in the deck? This is assuming we always keep any scientists in our opening hand and always mulligan secrets.

I'm very curious about this!

The calculation here is really, really nasty, because it measures multiple distinct events for different states and as such can't be done in a cute and convenient way. If you wanted to calculate this, you'd be best off having a computer fill out a table of possible results for you, because the total number of possible draw orders in a deck with 2 Mad Scientists, 2 secrets, and 26 other cards is 164430 (30!/(2!*2!*26!)), if I remember my high school math correctly. If you paid me $20/hr, I'd solve it for you, but... I don't think that either of us really wants to do that.

In any case, the big improvement from the extra secret is unpredictability. Sometimes you'll catch your opponent off-guard, which really matters for (say) Mech Mage against Druid. If they don't know whether you've gotten a Mirror Entity or a Counterspell and they guess wrong, they're in for a lot of trouble.

To add on to this, it is further complicated by the moves of the players; how long you hold onto your scientist, when your scientist dies, whether he gets silenced, how many cards you draw before he dies, how many unrelated cards you mulligan, which in turn might depend on the deck you run and the opponent you're facing.

The simplest calculation I could make (the one that excludes all player "choice") was to assume that you play the scientist as soon as you draw him, and your opponent kills it right away (preventing you from drawing any cards before the scientist is activated). Special cards like Coldlight Oracle, Naturalize, etc are also off the table. In that case it would be 25% (for 2 scientists and 2 secrets) and 56.66~% (for 2 scientists and 3 secrets) chance to draw all your scientists with secrets still remaining in your deck.
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-17 17:34:36
February 17 2015 17:33 GMT
#2574
edit: Nevermind
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
February 19 2015 04:36 GMT
#2575
What does ramp druid mean exactly? I thought it involved the tree-roar combo, but apparently not.
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
February 19 2015 04:45 GMT
#2576
On February 19 2015 13:36 Hier wrote:
What does ramp druid mean exactly? I thought it involved the tree-roar combo, but apparently not.

Ramp is a TCG term for acceleration. Depending on what TCG your playing you "ramp" a different resource to accomplish something sooner than you normally would be able to. In hearthstone Druids use cards like Innervate, Nourish and Wild Growth to gain mana faster then normal, allowing them to play bigger cards before you.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Psotnik
Profile Joined August 2011
Poland14 Posts
February 25 2015 18:58 GMT
#2577
In construced i have 3 classes banned for several days by now why?
I play SC since Broodwar, never cheesed or allin - ed, sc2 as Terran, never even 111 allined, im like mother %$#^ SC - sait
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
February 25 2015 19:25 GMT
#2578
You mean the deck has a red 'X' on it?

It means you don't have 30 cards in that deck, probably because you disenchanted something they were using.
vkbaba001
Profile Joined February 2015
India0 Posts
February 26 2015 04:19 GMT
#2579
--- Nuked ---
vkbaba001
Profile Joined February 2015
India0 Posts
February 26 2015 04:20 GMT
#2580
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 127 128 129 130 131 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech180
Nina 136
ViBE75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15567
Artosis 380
firebathero 77
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever380
canceldota87
NeuroSwarm49
League of Legends
Doublelift4173
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
PPMD44
Other Games
summit1g7351
FrodaN1227
shahzam545
C9.Mang0359
RotterdaM95
Mew2King36
fpsfer 1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile137
• StrangeGG 26
• RyuSc2 19
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1098
• Shiphtur645
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
38m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.