• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:32
CEST 21:32
KST 04:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11195 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 128

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 162 Next
Krakalakalak
Profile Joined November 2014
0 Posts
January 03 2015 07:35 GMT
#2541
On December 23 2014 11:34 krndandaman wrote:
anyone know if baron geddon still procs its effect after using power overwhelming on it?

I could've won a game with it's effect but I wasn't sure and pussied out. I should've tried it so I won't have to ask but yeah stupid me.



Anyone know the answer to this?
Please check out my stream www.twitch.tv/krakalakalak
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
January 03 2015 14:34 GMT
#2542
On January 03 2015 16:35 Krakalakalak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2014 11:34 krndandaman wrote:
anyone know if baron geddon still procs its effect after using power overwhelming on it?

I could've won a game with it's effect but I wasn't sure and pussied out. I should've tried it so I won't have to ask but yeah stupid me.



Anyone know the answer to this?


"end of turn" effects plays in order they are played/summoned. So Geddon should proc before power overwhelming.
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
January 03 2015 15:29 GMT
#2543
On January 03 2015 23:34 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 03 2015 16:35 Krakalakalak wrote:
On December 23 2014 11:34 krndandaman wrote:
anyone know if baron geddon still procs its effect after using power overwhelming on it?

I could've won a game with it's effect but I wasn't sure and pussied out. I should've tried it so I won't have to ask but yeah stupid me.



Anyone know the answer to this?


"end of turn" effects plays in order they are played/summoned. So Geddon should proc before power overwhelming.

Going a step further on this: ALL effects proc in that order. This is relevant to deathrattles in particular, in situations where one's trading.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
January 04 2015 23:38 GMT
#2544
Is it possible to have screenshots save to a folder rather than the desktop? If so how do I go about that?
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
sscm
Profile Joined January 2015
0 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-05 06:58:32
January 05 2015 06:58 GMT
#2545
im new. how do i find appropriate mods to pm?
the small avatars by your screename are those based on post count? how many posts for different ranks?
rudimentalfeelthelov
Profile Joined December 2013
Finland268 Posts
January 07 2015 00:14 GMT
#2546
What should clockwork gnome in strifecro mech mage be replaced with? I don't feel he have enough impact to have the place in the deck.
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
January 07 2015 02:18 GMT
#2547
On January 07 2015 09:14 rudimentalfeelthelov wrote:
What should clockwork gnome in strifecro mech mage be replaced with? I don't feel he have enough impact to have the place in the deck.
It synergizes with a quarter of the deck - Cogmaster, Mechwarper, Tinkertown Technician, and Goblin Blastmage. I don't think there is a better replacement.
rudimentalfeelthelov
Profile Joined December 2013
Finland268 Posts
January 07 2015 14:40 GMT
#2548
On January 07 2015 11:18 calgar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2015 09:14 rudimentalfeelthelov wrote:
What should clockwork gnome in strifecro mech mage be replaced with? I don't feel he have enough impact to have the place in the deck.
It synergizes with a quarter of the deck - Cogmaster, Mechwarper, Tinkertown Technician, and Goblin Blastmage. I don't think there is a better replacement.


That's true, but from my experience I never lack mechs for the synergies and clockwork gnome just has 0 impact 90% of times played and trades inefficiently.
jedc22
Profile Joined January 2015
United States0 Posts
January 08 2015 01:31 GMT
#2549
I was just wondering if this game had some sort of match que that matches you up against players around your level/playtime/matches or something of that sort or is it randomized? Because as a starting player trying this out (coming from MtG) it has been rather hard to get almost any headway towards getting more cards to make a better deck. I keep getting put against people who have obviously bought large amounts of packs already. I don't mean to sound like I'm QQ'ing or anything, but I think anyone can admit that it is rather hard to make headway when my matchups look like this:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-08 02:59:17
January 08 2015 02:55 GMT
#2550
On January 08 2015 10:31 jedc22 wrote:
I was just wondering if this game had some sort of match que that matches you up against players around your level/playtime/matches or something of that sort or is it randomized? Because as a starting player trying this out (coming from MtG) it has been rather hard to get almost any headway towards getting more cards to make a better deck. I keep getting put against people who have obviously bought large amounts of packs already. I don't mean to sound like I'm QQ'ing or anything, but I think anyone can admit that it is rather hard to make headway when my matchups look like this:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


No one knows exactly how the system works, but we do know there is some kind of MMR system in the background. For ranked matches down to rank 5, they will try to match you up with people who have the same amount of rank and stars as you. After rank 5 it will determine your opponent through mmr. I don't know the system casual play, but I feel more often than not I get people around my skill level, so there is probably a system working there as well.

This game can be rough starting up, as you'll have shit cards and it takes a while to farm up to a decent deck. Ranked matches 25-20 should be fairly filled with beginners as you can't lose rank below 20 once you've gotten there. You could also try Arena, while never really fair in whether you get good cards or not, its at least fair in being equally random for everyone. Its a good place to start out, as you'll be earning packs while practicing.
jedc22
Profile Joined January 2015
United States0 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-09 21:51:22
January 09 2015 21:40 GMT
#2551
I took your advice and did ranked and saved up enough money for my third arena run (previously paid for one and used the free one) and so far have been able to open around 5 packs. the cards are scattered among the classes so I cant build a decent deck with them, and I'm now running into the same problem in ranked (and I'm only on rank 22) that i had in regular. I'm playing people with complete decks and getting wrecked because I just started. I can't compete with Deathrattle Warlock and full Beast Hunter and the like. It seems like my options are to either get destroyed for literally hundreds of games to save up enough for enough packs to pull something good together, or stick to playing the computer, which seems like a pretty terrible way for a multi-player game to approach new players.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
January 09 2015 22:33 GMT
#2552
On January 10 2015 06:40 jedc22 wrote:
I took your advice and did ranked and saved up enough money for my third arena run (previously paid for one and used the free one) and so far have been able to open around 5 packs. the cards are scattered among the classes so I cant build a decent deck with them, and I'm now running into the same problem in ranked (and I'm only on rank 22) that i had in regular. I'm playing people with complete decks and getting wrecked because I just started. I can't compete with Deathrattle Warlock and full Beast Hunter and the like. It seems like my options are to either get destroyed for literally hundreds of games to save up enough for enough packs to pull something good together, or stick to playing the computer, which seems like a pretty terrible way for a multi-player game to approach new players.


There are decks out there made with just the starter cards that are actually pretty competent. Sure it sucks playing vs people with fully fleshed out warrior decks with 7 legendaries, but I'd wager I could probably get to rank 15 with them anyways. You just have to play very correctly, which I know is hard when starting out. Check out Trumps homepage for a couple of tips in that regard.
maugfw
Profile Joined January 2014
United Kingdom0 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-10 01:51:15
January 10 2015 01:51 GMT
#2553
I was wondering how Loatheb interacts with Crush. If I drew it then it costs 12, but would it go down to 3 with a damaged minion? (or vice versa, if I had it in hand costing 3 and still had a damaged minion after Loatheb would it go up to 8 or stay at 3?)
Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost
tomnov
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel148 Posts
January 10 2015 07:45 GMT
#2554
On January 10 2015 10:51 maugfw wrote:
I was wondering how Loatheb interacts with Crush. If I drew it then it costs 12, but would it go down to 3 with a damaged minion? (or vice versa, if I had it in hand costing 3 and still had a damaged minion after Loatheb would it go up to 8 or stay at 3?)

the change in cost from 7 to 3 is applied to the base cost of the card, so after you opponent plays Loatheb it will cost 12 if you don't have a damaged minion or 8 if you do have
I reject your reality and substitute my own
OminouS
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1343 Posts
January 14 2015 20:13 GMT
#2555
Logged in today and got a message that GvG now is live. I don't see a different in anything from Before. What gives? Thx.
On the 6th day JF made Reavers and on the 7th day JF put his opponent to rest
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
January 14 2015 20:51 GMT
#2556
On January 15 2015 05:13 OminouS wrote:
Logged in today and got a message that GvG now is live. I don't see a different in anything from Before. What gives? Thx.


Simple bug where the game has flagged you inactive since patch
mustafata
Profile Joined January 2015
Bahamas0 Posts
January 15 2015 18:01 GMT
#2557
www.youtube.com
the life is like a cucumber
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-16 07:23:30
January 16 2015 06:29 GMT
#2558
On January 10 2015 16:45 tomnov wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 10:51 maugfw wrote:
I was wondering how Loatheb interacts with Crush. If I drew it then it costs 12, but would it go down to 3 with a damaged minion? (or vice versa, if I had it in hand costing 3 and still had a damaged minion after Loatheb would it go up to 8 or stay at 3?)

the change in cost from 7 to 3 is applied to the base cost of the card, so after you opponent plays Loatheb it will cost 12 if you don't have a damaged minion or 8 if you do have

In the same vein of spell cost modifiers, if you play Kirin Tor Mage your secret is still free despite Loatheb being played on your opponents last turn. As is the case in all TCG's if somethings sets the cost of something to zero it cannot be increased.

If I have Spellbender and my opponent plays Felheart on one of his Demons does the 1/3 token get +5/+5 or take 5 damage?

Another simple question. Does Hearthstone run good on a Surface? I think I wanna buy a Tablet and I wanna make sure its able to run Hearthstone
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Came Norrection
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada168 Posts
January 21 2015 23:14 GMT
#2559
On January 16 2015 15:29 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 16:45 tomnov wrote:
On January 10 2015 10:51 maugfw wrote:
I was wondering how Loatheb interacts with Crush. If I drew it then it costs 12, but would it go down to 3 with a damaged minion? (or vice versa, if I had it in hand costing 3 and still had a damaged minion after Loatheb would it go up to 8 or stay at 3?)

the change in cost from 7 to 3 is applied to the base cost of the card, so after you opponent plays Loatheb it will cost 12 if you don't have a damaged minion or 8 if you do have

In the same vein of spell cost modifiers, if you play Kirin Tor Mage your secret is still free despite Loatheb being played on your opponents last turn. As is the case in all TCG's if somethings sets the cost of something to zero it cannot be increased.

If I have Spellbender and my opponent plays Felheart on one of his Demons does the 1/3 token get +5/+5 or take 5 damage?

Another simple question. Does Hearthstone run good on a Surface? I think I wanna buy a Tablet and I wanna make sure its able to run Hearthstone

Hearthstone runs easily on a surface. It ran on my 4 year old laptop.
"The lie is just a great story ruined by the truth."
kuehlschrank
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany33 Posts
January 30 2015 11:24 GMT
#2560
Hey guys,

I'm just interested if you guys use any tools to track your stats or cards, and if so, which tools you use. I am curious if tools can offer any value to a casual player.
Prev 1 126 127 128 129 130 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 618
ProTech132
UpATreeSC 124
JuggernautJason63
Nina 56
MindelVK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29238
Calm 2790
Mini 157
firebathero 125
Dewaltoss 103
soO 48
HiyA 31
Hyun 25
Bale 21
NaDa 20
[ Show more ]
PianO 20
Aegong 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8594
XaKoH 298
canceldota6
League of Legends
Doublelift599
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1598
fl0m1451
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu706
Other Games
FrodaN2223
B2W.Neo617
Beastyqt566
mouzStarbuck303
Livibee191
ToD186
KnowMe151
C9.Mang0128
Trikslyr115
RotterdaM103
Mew2King45
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1130
• Shiphtur609
• WagamamaTV247
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 43m
Replay Cast
3h 28m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.