• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:23
CEST 19:23
KST 02:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9451 users

Keyboard "cheating" - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
April 09 2008 04:16 GMT
#41
lol i own that keyboard and ive never used it for games only for macro sequences and shortcuts to programs when im doing editing frankly i find it unnature to reach across to hit those keys
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
April 09 2008 04:21 GMT
#42
On April 09 2008 08:42 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2008 07:39 Tusk wrote:
On April 09 2008 06:14 fusionsdf wrote:
that said, if I had it I would totally use it for 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a spam in the lobby to try and scare my opponent :D



Excellent idea.


This is exactly what my friend used to do when he played Starcraft. He also set it to spam 12313123132 ingame so that his APM went up to 40000.


Actully i just tired something lol you get temp banned if you spam it fast enough around 3000-4000 apm for a few seconds gets to flooding banned lul
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
April 09 2008 04:31 GMT
#43
On April 09 2008 13:21 IzzyCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2008 08:42 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On April 09 2008 07:39 Tusk wrote:
On April 09 2008 06:14 fusionsdf wrote:
that said, if I had it I would totally use it for 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a spam in the lobby to try and scare my opponent :D



Excellent idea.


This is exactly what my friend used to do when he played Starcraft. He also set it to spam 12313123132 ingame so that his APM went up to 40000.


Actully i just tired something lol you get temp banned if you spam it fast enough around 3000-4000 apm for a few seconds gets to flooding banned lul

Holding down 1 in single player comes nowhere close to APM that fast. Are you talking about the lobby? Or can you really go that high even with BNet latency? Because I don't think you can, though I am not certain.

On April 09 2008 06:59 Phoned wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2008 06:09 Jolle wrote:
On April 09 2008 06:06 Chill wrote:
It's 100% cheating.

If ur not ironic, I agree lol
The word you are looking for is "sarcastic."

Now I know pointing out errors is foolish on the tubes, but since you did it...

Sarcasm is a form of verbal irony.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-09 04:56:47
April 09 2008 04:48 GMT
#44
On April 09 2008 13:31 Ancestral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2008 13:21 IzzyCraft wrote:
On April 09 2008 08:42 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On April 09 2008 07:39 Tusk wrote:
On April 09 2008 06:14 fusionsdf wrote:
that said, if I had it I would totally use it for 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a spam in the lobby to try and scare my opponent :D



Excellent idea.


This is exactly what my friend used to do when he played Starcraft. He also set it to spam 12313123132 ingame so that his APM went up to 40000.


Actully i just tired something lol you get temp banned if you spam it fast enough around 3000-4000 apm for a few seconds gets to flooding banned lul

Holding down 1 in single player comes nowhere close to APM that fast. Are you talking about the lobby? Or can you really go that high even with BNet latency? Because I don't think you can, though I am not certain.

and it was 300000-400000* with 1-0 with a no delay 1234567890 between keys
Yeah 1 - 0 spam on the keyboard in a loop gets you around there atlest according to bwchart so i assumed it all regestered
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
April 09 2008 05:05 GMT
#45
On April 09 2008 13:12 exalted wrote:
I own a Logitech G15 as well, and I have never used the function keys at all. I did get them for the mini LCD screen, which is marginally useful as it can easily display the computer time and usage.

What I did find invaluable, were:
o The extra USB slots that come out of the keyboard, especially handy when connecting the keyboard to a laptop (when used with an external monitor)

o The cool glow of the blue backlit keys (especially in the dark)

o The volume control wheel, which can easily set volume levels while playing Starcraft, etc.


I was going to post this but I can't think of anything more to add. These are the real reasons to buy a G15.

The LCD can also be used with certain games. For example in WoW it can show you character stats, durability %, # bag slots free, but coolest of all it can show you when your queue has popped for an arena or battleground match when you're alt-tabbed out.

The volume wheel is really cool and is a feature I use a lot more than I thought I would.
Moderator
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-09 05:23:04
April 09 2008 05:21 GMT
#46
There are plenty of plug-ins for the mini-screen.

1. Ray's Winamp plugin - you can see the playlist, a nice little equalizer, set up the wave/master/winamp volume, as well as make the keys light up to the music (fun but kinda gay)
2. Miranda plug-in - for those who don't know, miranda is an IM application that covers IRC/Y!/MSN/AOL, etc. You can see the chat windows on the screen and even type in them from within any application (yes, starcraft too). But I don't use Miranda anymore so it's kinda useless
3. Net graph - I like this because you can quick-peak at total upload/download speed.

etc.

As for starcraft, I got the 1a2a3a4a5a to work in about .25 of a second (all of it), on any type of latency, it's just about setting the in-between delay right. However, I couldn't get used to actually pressing the button. 1a2a3a4a5a is just natural. So that's kinda pointless.

Setting them as 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0 and using them for hotkeys is not cheating. Who cares where your 1234567890 buttons are? It's still the same amount of work to do.

The ONLY useful setting I'm using for starcraft is F10 o n l enter. I played this buttcavity on ICCup a while ago that was constantly setting it to extra high in TvP and i lost tons of army because of lack of micro. So I binded the set to low on one key. That's the only feature I use for SC.

Apart from that the buttons are useful in windows for running crap, saving passwords and such. Also I have the DotA inventory binded on them. Way better than using dota-keys.

Oh, and the application isn't that crappy, since it changes binds for each specific program you run. If you can't get your stuff to work on it, then you just haven't tried too hard, SteelString.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
April 09 2008 05:49 GMT
#47
On April 09 2008 06:34 Nitrogen23 wrote:
I can put macros on some of the buttons on my mouse :D

I have an alt f4 macro.

And a 1a2a3a4a (can't go past that many buttons)

:Has left the game
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
ktp
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States797 Posts
April 09 2008 05:59 GMT
#48
If you guys have enough minerals to go through an entire string of 1sd2sd3sd4sd without either running out of minerals or having to perform another action (micro, upgrades, etc.), then you suck at Starcraft to begin with. There is not real application for a G15 in SC unless you just play BGH and wait for 5k 5k. Then you press your cool macro to build 10 battlecruisers at under .5 seconds from your Starports. Congrats you cheater.
Narrator
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States868 Posts
April 09 2008 21:26 GMT
#49
My cousin has the G15 and I personally don't like it. I don't think he uses the macros for SC.

The keyboard is really big and has a lot of extra useless stuff on it. I think that the only thing nice about it are the keys and the lights inside the keys. Really helpful for playing/typing in the dark.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
April 09 2008 21:41 GMT
#50
On April 09 2008 14:59 ktp wrote:
If you guys have enough minerals to go through an entire string of 1sd2sd3sd4sd without either running out of minerals or having to perform another action (micro, upgrades, etc.), then you suck at Starcraft to begin with. There is not real application for a G15 in SC unless you just play BGH and wait for 5k 5k. Then you press your cool macro to build 10 battlecruisers at under .5 seconds from your Starports. Congrats you cheater.


Yeah it's pretty hard to build from 4 production factories without running out of money. It usually takes sooooo long too.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
April 09 2008 21:45 GMT
#51
I have the keyboard and find it nothing but a waste of space.
Commentator
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
April 09 2008 21:58 GMT
#52
But is it cheating?
Brood War is forever
alphablend
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
647 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-09 22:18:10
April 09 2008 21:59 GMT
#53
I didnt read the whole thread but if you want a nice keyboard buy this one:

I own 5 of these, there used to just be a PS2 version but I contacted Logitech and convinced them to make USB versions of the keyboard without the key limitation imposed on the PS2 keyboard form factor.

[image loading]


[image loading]


Make sure to get the USB version

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126022&Tpk=ultrax



Also I remapped all my keys to match the on screen 3x3 grid

Example -- Press z for stim pack -- Press Q to build an SCV Probe or zealot because they are in the first "slot"


[image loading]


I have done many other interesting things over the years but I doubt any one cares. Do you guys think that is cheating? Remapping the keys?

Edit -- And to answer the question, yes it is cheating to use any type of macro IMO. You might as well use an multicommand.
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
April 09 2008 23:30 GMT
#54
I don't think remapping the key since different version of SC uses different key. Some are better than others...i think German is very painful. French is too since s is for overloard and m is for build etc...
As long as one key does one action ....
Brood War is forever
useLess
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4781 Posts
April 09 2008 23:32 GMT
#55
Cheating would imply that it helps you, but imo using this computer will hurt your play. Sure, one can rely on one button to do so macro, but what happens when that button isnt there anymore (ie different keyboard)?
Moonlight Shadow
alphablend
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
647 Posts
April 09 2008 23:56 GMT
#56
On April 10 2008 08:32 useLess wrote:
Cheating would imply that it helps you, but imo using this computer will hurt your play. Sure, one can rely on one button to do so macro, but what happens when that button isnt there anymore (ie different keyboard)?


You are completely missing the point. How is it even an argument that at some point the button won't be there? Are you just going to lose the keyboard? I don't understand.

On April 10 2008 08:30 [Z]-NhaT wrote:
I don't think remapping the key since different version of SC uses different key. Some are better than others...i think German is very painful. French is too since s is for overloard and m is for build etc...
As long as one key does one action ....


Yes, that is the same conclusion I came to in my mind before modifying the MPQ
.MistiK
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Netherlands347 Posts
April 12 2008 13:10 GMT
#57
I wasnt allowed to use the macro keys at the WCG qualifiers CnC3. they saw it as cheating
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
April 12 2008 13:15 GMT
#58
On April 09 2008 05:54 Tropics wrote:
I have a g15, and I haven't touched those keys for SC. They're useless. It's the sort of thing you go "oh wow, they'll be really helpful!" then never use them. The only thing I use them for is buying equipment in counterstrike.

It's also a goddamn awesome keyboard.

Exactly right
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
NotSupporting
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1998 Posts
April 12 2008 13:24 GMT
#59
I have the G11 one and it's a great keyboard but like alot of ppl said before, you don't really got much use of the macro keys in StarCraft. It's better to use when playing like a mmo or something, when I played lineage 2 I used them alot.
bustaBust
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada469 Posts
April 12 2008 13:46 GMT
#60
On April 09 2008 06:01 Jolle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2008 05:57 bustaBust wrote:
I have a G15, i prefer using the normal hotkeys (number keys). I don't think macros would make a huge differrence, after all it takes more than a lil macro to win a game.


How are the keys? soft, hard? have to push the buttons down far?

Its like typing on a cloud. One of my friends got it and i tried it out and decided to get it, as did 4 other of our friends. The keys are soft to push down but they have a very responsive feel and snap right back up. The buttons dont go down as far as the really old keyboards, everything is a lil smaller so that you can easily reach more keys. But if your looking for a laptop type buttons its not like that. Its very good for gaming, I just bought my second one (I broke my first by plugging it in to soon after spilling on it, like 3hrs. If you unplug it immediately and wait 24 hours with it upside down its IMPOSSIBLE to break by spilling. I've already spilled a full glass of water on my second one and its fine, and my first G15 survived 2 other big spills.). The buttons get worked in after a while (i had my first one for about 2 yrs) but you wont notice it unless you try a brand new 1 again. I highly recommend the G15.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 668
IntoTheiNu 619
SteadfastSC477
Rex98
CosmosSc2 63
EnkiAlexander 52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 477
Rex 98
UpATreeSC 90
CosmosSc2 63
BRAT_OK 38
MindelVK 15
Codebar 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42414
Jaedong 1427
Hyuk 822
Soma 734
Mini 463
BeSt 459
Larva 352
Rush 293
Soulkey 253
ZerO 234
[ Show more ]
Snow 167
hero 97
Dewaltoss 76
Liquid`Ret 53
Mind 45
sorry 31
yabsab 29
Killer 27
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 21
Rock 21
Shine 19
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1334
Dendi832
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
x6flipin350
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3327
crisheroes2358
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu444
Other Games
singsing1769
ArmadaUGS1493
hiko791
byalli470
B2W.Neo396
ceh9377
KnowMe126
QueenE93
Trikslyr38
Chillindude24
Railgan22
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Adnapsc2 6
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3388
League of Legends
• Nemesis2358
• TFBlade1111
Other Games
• imaqtpie643
• Shiphtur369
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 37m
OSC
19h 37m
Stellar Fest
19h 37m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.