• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:14
CEST 20:14
KST 03:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9616 users

Keyboard "cheating" - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Warbux
Profile Joined April 2008
47 Posts
April 08 2008 22:01 GMT
#21
lol fancy marketing.... only good for MMORPGs...
CuddlyCuteKitten
Profile Joined January 2004
Sweden2891 Posts
April 08 2008 22:17 GMT
#22
Hmmm. From making my last post at 06:48 I succesfully downloaded a program and made a macro that builds zerglings from hatches 0-6. So that keyboard is completly unnecessary.

I imagine it's more usefull for zerg since your units won't que up if you hit it before the first one is finished. It would probably suck quite a lot for the other races.

It probably is cheating and it's probably a third part program anyway.
Unity, support, family, and kneecapping bitches.
Jolle
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway185 Posts
April 08 2008 22:21 GMT
#23
On April 09 2008 06:59 Phoned wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2008 06:09 Jolle wrote:
On April 09 2008 06:06 Chill wrote:
It's 100% cheating.

If ur not ironic, I agree lol
The word you are looking for is "sarcastic."

ofcourse I screwed up that one
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
April 08 2008 22:23 GMT
#24
It's a nice feeling keyboard anyway. Useful when my laptop starts screwing up on me.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
April 08 2008 22:31 GMT
#25
I have no idea how this would help anyone mass attack with 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a0a, unless it also can macro mouse clicks? If you just stick with the key presses, you still need to click in between or else it's useless.
Tusk
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada427 Posts
April 08 2008 22:39 GMT
#26
On April 09 2008 06:14 fusionsdf wrote:
that said, if I had it I would totally use it for 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a spam in the lobby to try and scare my opponent :D



Excellent idea.
annYong
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada3 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-08 23:19:10
April 08 2008 23:18 GMT
#27

Anyone who can afford SC and a decent internet can afford one of these, since it's accessible to everyone, it's not cheating anymore than using the left side of your keyboard
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
April 08 2008 23:21 GMT
#28
Anyone can afford an $80 keyboard? You can get a whole computer that can run SC for less than that.
Administrator
SteelString
Profile Joined July 2006
446 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-08 23:26:17
April 08 2008 23:24 GMT
#29
On April 09 2008 05:46 Jolle wrote:
I'm planing to buy a new keyboard cause I want softer keys for my macro.
I came over this keyboard, omg look at the "macro" keys to the left. Don't know if I can buy this. It's like cheating...

http://www.everythingusb.com/logitech_g15_gaming_keyboard.html
OMG wtf...
[image loading]


Also would like recommendations on other keyboards if anyone have strong opinions about it.
I have small hands and looking for a "tight" and soft keyboard...



I have the G11 which has the same layout; the G keys are really too much of a hassle to set up to bother with. Half the time the command is laggy and sometimes it doesn't work at all. You have to go into a stupid little program with predefined games, and though Starcraft was in there, I could not for the life of me make the stupid thing work for it.

Anyways, I'd be very surprised if any progamer actually used the G keys.

Edit: I really like the keyboard more for the light-up keys:D
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
April 08 2008 23:41 GMT
#30
That keyboard (G15) has a really nice feel to it, particularly the space bar. But they're really only useful for...shoot I have no idea what type of people need that many hotkeys. Other than photoshop/final cut users.

I hate that keyboard because the macro keys interfere with using the ctrl key. But if I did, I'd hotkey all of them to p so I would press three and slam my hand down on all 15 keys and that damn probe better be build without so much as a sniffle.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
April 08 2008 23:42 GMT
#31
On April 09 2008 07:39 Tusk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2008 06:14 fusionsdf wrote:
that said, if I had it I would totally use it for 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a spam in the lobby to try and scare my opponent :D



Excellent idea.


This is exactly what my friend used to do when he played Starcraft. He also set it to spam 12313123132 ingame so that his APM went up to 40000.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
April 09 2008 03:36 GMT
#32
The G15 can macro mouse clicks as well for those that were wondering.

The problems with trying to use the macro keys are:
1) You have to build in delay for latency
2) You can't do anything else while the macro is running

So yes, you can make a 6sz7sz8sz9sz0sz macro, but it's going to take at least a full second to run on lan latency. If you really need to move your stack of mutas during that second, you're probably screwed - you can't just stop it at 7. Of course it's also a waste of time if you only have 2-3 hatcheries or if you want to produce different units at each hatchery. The macro keys might help you a little sometimes or hurt you sometimes; it's not worth trying to use them imo. You'll develop bad habits, won't be able to play on a normal keyboard, and some people think it's cheating anyway.

The G15 is a solid keyboard though. I like mine, although it did take a bit of getting used to the extra rows of keys. I kept hitting the G-keys instead of ctrl or esc when I first got it, which was pretty annoying. The keys aren't particularly hard or soft -- they're average.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Wizard
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Poland5055 Posts
April 09 2008 03:45 GMT
#33
On April 09 2008 06:06 Chill wrote:
It's 100% cheating.

sAviOr[gm] ~ want to watch good replays? read my blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/wizard
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
April 09 2008 03:50 GMT
#34
LOL.... MBS!
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
April 09 2008 03:54 GMT
#35
On April 09 2008 05:46 Jolle wrote:
I'm planing to buy a new keyboard cause I want softer keys for my macro.
I came over this keyboard, omg look at the "macro" keys to the left. Don't know if I can buy this. It's like cheating...

http://www.everythingusb.com/logitech_g15_gaming_keyboard.html
OMG wtf...
[image loading]


Also would like recommendations on other keyboards if anyone have strong opinions about it.
I have small hands and looking for a "tight" and soft keyboard...


just don't use the G keys if you like that specific keyboard.

For recommendations, how about a saitek keyboard.
I tried out the eclipse keyboard and its pretty cool
blind3x3
Profile Joined February 2008
United States49 Posts
April 09 2008 04:07 GMT
#36
he isnt talking about macro as in expoing/making units
macro in this sense means hitting one button to do a sequence of buttons, like hit g1 to do 4d5d6d7d8d9d0d to make 6 dragoons from 6 gateways or sumthing
In a world where only gosu survive, i would be dead
ktp
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States797 Posts
April 09 2008 04:08 GMT
#37
It's not cheating because it won't help with your macro at all. Those keyboards are designed for games with shitty key binding features like MMORPGS. You don't need them for Blizzard games because they allow you access everything in game through hotkeys on a regular keyboard.
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
April 09 2008 04:12 GMT
#38
On April 09 2008 13:08 ktp wrote:
It's not cheating because it won't help with your macro at all. Those keyboards are designed for games with shitty key binding features like MMORPGS. You don't need them for Blizzard games because they allow you access everything in game through hotkeys on a regular keyboard.


Yes it is. I own one of these.
You can change "G1" to type "0sd9sd8so7sh6sh5sh4sh3sh2sz1sz(enter)haha you suck(enter)"

I don't play zerg. Just trying to prove a point.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
April 09 2008 04:12 GMT
#39
I own a Logitech G15 as well, and I have never used the function keys at all. I did get them for the mini LCD screen, which is marginally useful as it can easily display the computer time and usage.

What I did find invaluable, were:
o The extra USB slots that come out of the keyboard, especially handy when connecting the keyboard to a laptop (when used with an external monitor)

o The cool glow of the blue backlit keys (especially in the dark)

o The volume control wheel, which can easily set volume levels while playing Starcraft, etc.
too easy
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
April 09 2008 04:13 GMT
#40
exalted why are you using both an external keyboard and monitor? why not buy a pc?

Yes the blue keys ROCK.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 648
IntoTheiNu 561
SteadfastSC471
Rex95
CosmosSc2 60
EnkiAlexander 56
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 471
UpATreeSC 152
Rex 95
CosmosSc2 60
BRAT_OK 56
PtitDrogo 41
JuggernautJason34
MindelVK 14
Codebar 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35892
Mini 409
BeSt 290
Soulkey 290
Rush 142
Dewaltoss 122
Liquid`Ret 61
Mind 43
Killer 32
Trap 27
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi1059
qojqva944
Counter-Strike
fl0m1120
Fnx 747
shoxiejesuss16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King59
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2504
Khaldor1738
Liquid`Hasu559
Other Games
Grubby3458
ArmadaUGS1518
ceh9594
B2W.Neo513
byalli455
KnowMe140
C9.Mang0127
QueenE93
Chillindude47
Trikslyr39
Railgan18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 8
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• FirePhoenix15
• blackmanpl 10
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3685
League of Legends
• TFBlade1150
Other Games
• imaqtpie1002
• Scarra358
• Shiphtur313
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 47m
OSC
18h 47m
Stellar Fest
18h 47m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.