• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:34
CEST 17:34
KST 00:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9061 users

Keyboard "cheating"

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Jolle
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway185 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-08 20:47:19
April 08 2008 20:46 GMT
#1
I'm planing to buy a new keyboard cause I want softer keys for my macro.
I came over this keyboard, omg look at the "macro" keys to the left. Don't know if I can buy this. It's like cheating...

http://www.everythingusb.com/logitech_g15_gaming_keyboard.html
OMG wtf...
[image loading]


Also would like recommendations on other keyboards if anyone have strong opinions about it.
I have small hands and looking for a "tight" and soft keyboard...
il0seonpurpose
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)5638 Posts
April 08 2008 20:47 GMT
#2
How would those help your macro?
omgbnetsux
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States3749 Posts
April 08 2008 20:47 GMT
#3
I hated the G15 when I used it at Blizzcon. It didn't feel right at all.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
April 08 2008 20:50 GMT
#4
On April 09 2008 05:47 il0seonpurpose wrote:
How would those help your macro?



you can generally set them up to do a sequence of keyboard commands

it wouldnt help for 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a etc, but it would help you never miss scvs, since you could have that happen with one key...I dont know, I dont think its worth it if you ever want to get good at the game
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
NrG.Bamboo
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2756 Posts
April 08 2008 20:51 GMT
#5
On April 09 2008 05:47 il0seonpurpose wrote:
How would those help your macro?

Afaik you can program the keys to have like 8p9p0p or 5sh6sh7sh8sh in one click? At least thats what I had overheard other people saying about it :p.
I need to protect all your life you can enjoy the vibrant life of your battery
Jolle
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway185 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-08 20:52:24
April 08 2008 20:51 GMT
#6
well it's not cheating, but having the G1-G9 or whatever as buildings and G15/G16 as D/Z as protoss hotkeys would be much faster and more accurate.... (atleast for me )
aslo G13/G14/G17 as nexus and G16 as P.

Or as other mentioned here as it's programmable keys.. scripted sequences...
Tropics
Profile Joined August 2007
United Kingdom1132 Posts
April 08 2008 20:54 GMT
#7
I have a g15, and I haven't touched those keys for SC. They're useless. It's the sort of thing you go "oh wow, they'll be really helpful!" then never use them. The only thing I use them for is buying equipment in counterstrike.

It's also a goddamn awesome keyboard.
bustaBust
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada469 Posts
April 08 2008 20:57 GMT
#8
I have a G15, i prefer using the normal hotkeys (number keys). I don't think macros would make a huge differrence, after all it takes more than a lil macro to win a game.
zobz
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada2175 Posts
April 08 2008 20:57 GMT
#9
On April 09 2008 05:51 Jolle wrote:
well it's not cheating, but having the G1-G9 or whatever as buildings and G15/G16 as D/Z as protoss hotkeys would be much faster and more accurate.... (atleast for me )
aslo G13/G14/G17 as nexus and G16 as P.

Or as other mentioned here as it's programmable keys.. scripted sequences...
That would be cheating depending on your definition of the rules. It would give you an unfair advantage over most people who don't have such a keyboard. Even though those keys don't appear that easy to reach
"That's not gonna be good for business." "That's not gonna be good for anybody."
Jolle
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway185 Posts
April 08 2008 21:01 GMT
#10
On April 09 2008 05:57 bustaBust wrote:
I have a G15, i prefer using the normal hotkeys (number keys). I don't think macros would make a huge differrence, after all it takes more than a lil macro to win a game.


How are the keys? soft, hard? have to push the buttons down far?
Leath
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada1724 Posts
April 08 2008 21:02 GMT
#11
I dont find it cheating....
I never found a problem in building the units myself. Pressing 4z5z6z7z is pretty fast manually.
As you move to late game and you get tons of gates, and your units start overlapping your gateway selections your macro key is almost obsolete.
Plus, you never know which unit you will need the most. Are they gonna be zealots? Dt? Ht? Dragoon? A mix of each?
Honestly, I find that a macro key can be more trouble than good. Unless you can save mouse clicks as well lol =)
Then you could save the famous 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a0a :D
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Sagess
Jolle
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway185 Posts
April 08 2008 21:06 GMT
#12
anyone tried Razer Tarantula?
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
April 08 2008 21:06 GMT
#13
It's 100% cheating.
Moderator
Jolle
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway185 Posts
April 08 2008 21:09 GMT
#14
On April 09 2008 06:06 Chill wrote:
It's 100% cheating.

If ur not ironic, I agree lol
ketomai
Profile Joined June 2007
United States2789 Posts
April 08 2008 21:10 GMT
#15
This is like MBS for BW.
Jolle
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway185 Posts
April 08 2008 21:13 GMT
#16
If u show up with this on a lan comp, will u get banned?
Two differences here tho, just single binding keys and scripted sequences
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
April 08 2008 21:14 GMT
#17
that said, if I had it I would totally use it for 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9a spam in the lobby to try and scare my opponent :D
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-08 21:36:50
April 08 2008 21:34 GMT
#18
I can put macros on some of the buttons on my mouse :D

I have an alt f4 macro.

And a 1a2a3a4a (can't go past that many buttons)
UNFUCK YOURSELF
CuddlyCuteKitten
Profile Joined January 2004
Sweden2891 Posts
April 08 2008 21:48 GMT
#19
Couldn't you just download a macro program or do you have to have a special keyboard?

I imagine having 0sz9sz8sz7sz6sz and the same thing for mutas/drones would be pretty awesome.
Unity, support, family, and kneecapping bitches.
ProTech_MediC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States498 Posts
April 08 2008 21:59 GMT
#20
On April 09 2008 06:09 Jolle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2008 06:06 Chill wrote:
It's 100% cheating.

If ur not ironic, I agree lol
The word you are looking for is "sarcastic."
MC Fighting!~
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 685
ComeBackTV 399
SteadfastSC376
Rex109
EnkiAlexander 50
CosmosSc2 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 376
ProTech137
Rex 109
CosmosSc2 49
UpATreeSC 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42217
Hyuk 1137
Jaedong 1093
Soma 895
Mini 610
Horang2 576
EffOrt 510
BeSt 481
Larva 413
Soulkey 322
[ Show more ]
ZerO 296
Snow 221
Stork 220
Last 215
Rush 208
ggaemo 207
hero 80
Mind 71
Free 42
Liquid`Ret 39
Sharp 36
Killer 35
Shinee 34
Shine 25
Terrorterran 24
ToSsGirL 21
sorry 21
Trap 17
HiyA 17
Rock 16
yabsab 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1684
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
Fnx 777
x6flipin753
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2387
Khaldor2143
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2752
singsing1944
B2W.Neo945
hiko884
byalli440
Liquid`VortiX187
KnowMe118
QueenE86
Mew2King60
Trikslyr36
Railgan15
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 17
• mYiSmile116
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2706
League of Legends
• Nemesis1956
• Jankos1102
• TFBlade846
Other Games
• Shiphtur350
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 26m
OSC
21h 26m
Stellar Fest
21h 26m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.