• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:13
CEST 19:13
KST 02:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12433 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 1228

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 6009 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 20 2019 18:42 GMT
#24541
There is a real argument out there that the series of Onion articles and memes changed a lot of people’s opinions on Biden. But those opinions were divorced from any real thoughts about his record.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Lmui
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada6223 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-20 18:44:21
March 20 2019 18:43 GMT
#24542
On March 21 2019 01:02 On_Slaught wrote:
I read that the WHs defense in one of the many cases against them is that doing what was asked would take time from Trump's ability to fulfill his constitutional duties. I found that response to be particularly hilarious given how little he actually does. God forbid he has to take time out of watching Fox News, golfing, and tweeting.

Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 01:00 Doodsmack wrote:
Can we get this electoral college abolished already. We must stand by our convictions and do what is right for our democracy. The person with the most support among the people is who should be president.



You could show how terrible a president Trump is solely by quoting himself from past tweets. By this point there are likely hundreds of instances of him doing things he criticized before. Easiest book ever. Call it "Trump according to Trump" with a picture of him yelling at himself on the cover and the rest of the book writes itself.



https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/

This entire subreddit is dedicated to finding these things.

He's literally said he doesn't stand by anything. His word is worth less than the air it takes to utter it

As far as the Mueller investigation, I don't expect the report to be finished any time soon, but I expect everyone around trump (Ivanka, Jr, Kushner etc.) to all be indicted for both state and federal charges before/as the report drops.
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
March 20 2019 18:44 GMT
#24543
On March 21 2019 03:28 ticklishmusic wrote:
yeah he's coasting on "reminds me of obama" vibes.

I think the reason for the long delay before announcing is because they want to make sure it still makes sense.

And honestly, it just doesn't. This is another example of old political operatives not understanding how much the world has changed. I would argue we've pretty much already got what we're gonna have. Beto and Bernie have already essentially crystallized. We've got our left guy and our center guy. Then Klobuchar and Harris for some redundancy. Politics is just so different nowadays.
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-20 19:06:17
March 20 2019 18:56 GMT
#24544
On March 21 2019 03:44 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 03:28 ticklishmusic wrote:
yeah he's coasting on "reminds me of obama" vibes.

I think the reason for the long delay before announcing is because they want to make sure it still makes sense.

And honestly, it just doesn't. This is another example of old political operatives not understanding how much the world has changed. I would argue we've pretty much already got what we're gonna have. Beto and Bernie have already essentially crystallized. We've got our left guy and our center guy. Then Klobuchar and Harris for some redundancy. Politics is just so different nowadays.


I'm rooting for Andrew Yang. And I think he's got a real shot honestly.

Beto, Klobuchar, and Harris are all oozing "establishment" vibes (Klobuchar not as much I think, but still too much). Meanwhile Bernie is too old. I would have voted Bernie if I had the chance in 2016, but it is what it is. If Kamala wins the nomination, we'll have Trump until 2024 IMO.

Kamala is a joke candidate, Beto has no substance, and while I generally think positively about Klobuchar, part of that is because I'm a Minnesotan. I really think though, that a return to the pre-Trump status quo isn't gonna sell. And Biden represents that to a T. Plus he seems really old.

Meanwhile Yang is bringing up topics that are really resonating with a lot of people, including Trump and Bernie supporters (which I never thought I'd see). And after listening to Yang talk about the issues America is facing and the ways he would solve them, Bernie's ideas seem especially out of date.

Also he's not gonna be 79 in 2020, so that's nice.

I know Yang hasn't gotten much publicity yet, but if you wanna learn a bit about him, I highly recommend his Joe Rogan interview. I've spoilered a short clip of it below.

+ Show Spoiler +

www.youtube.com
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
March 20 2019 19:05 GMT
#24545
On March 21 2019 03:56 Dromar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 03:44 Mohdoo wrote:
On March 21 2019 03:28 ticklishmusic wrote:
yeah he's coasting on "reminds me of obama" vibes.

I think the reason for the long delay before announcing is because they want to make sure it still makes sense.

And honestly, it just doesn't. This is another example of old political operatives not understanding how much the world has changed. I would argue we've pretty much already got what we're gonna have. Beto and Bernie have already essentially crystallized. We've got our left guy and our center guy. Then Klobuchar and Harris for some redundancy. Politics is just so different nowadays.


I'm rooting for Andrew Yang. And I think he's got a real shot honestly.

Beto, Klobuchar, and Harris are all oozing "establishment" vibes (Klobuchar not as much I think, but still too much). Meanwhile Bernie is too old. I would have voted Bernie if I had the chance, but it is what it is.

Meanwhile Yang is bringing up topics that are really resonating with a lot of people, including Trump and Bernie supporters (which I never thought I'd see). And after listening to Yang talk about the issues America is facing and the ways he would solve them, Bernie's ideas seem especially out of date.

Also he's not gonna be 79 in 2020, so that's nice.


Can you elaborate on what you think Yang is saying that will win him the nomination?
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-20 19:18:09
March 20 2019 19:07 GMT
#24546
On March 21 2019 04:05 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 03:56 Dromar wrote:
On March 21 2019 03:44 Mohdoo wrote:
On March 21 2019 03:28 ticklishmusic wrote:
yeah he's coasting on "reminds me of obama" vibes.

I think the reason for the long delay before announcing is because they want to make sure it still makes sense.

And honestly, it just doesn't. This is another example of old political operatives not understanding how much the world has changed. I would argue we've pretty much already got what we're gonna have. Beto and Bernie have already essentially crystallized. We've got our left guy and our center guy. Then Klobuchar and Harris for some redundancy. Politics is just so different nowadays.


I'm rooting for Andrew Yang. And I think he's got a real shot honestly.

Beto, Klobuchar, and Harris are all oozing "establishment" vibes (Klobuchar not as much I think, but still too much). Meanwhile Bernie is too old. I would have voted Bernie if I had the chance, but it is what it is.

Meanwhile Yang is bringing up topics that are really resonating with a lot of people, including Trump and Bernie supporters (which I never thought I'd see). And after listening to Yang talk about the issues America is facing and the ways he would solve them, Bernie's ideas seem especially out of date.

Also he's not gonna be 79 in 2020, so that's nice.


Can you elaborate on what you think Yang is saying that will win him the nomination?


Sorry, I just updated the post. Realized people probably haven't heard of him. His biggest policy is a universal basic income he calls the "freedom dividend." Essentially every US citizen would get $1000/month dividend from the federal government, which would largely be paid for through a VAT (value-added tax) which is more difficult for corporations to evade.

More generally: here is his policies page.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 20 2019 19:08 GMT
#24547
On March 21 2019 03:44 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 03:28 ticklishmusic wrote:
yeah he's coasting on "reminds me of obama" vibes.

I think the reason for the long delay before announcing is because they want to make sure it still makes sense.

And honestly, it just doesn't. This is another example of old political operatives not understanding how much the world has changed. I would argue we've pretty much already got what we're gonna have. Beto and Bernie have already essentially crystallized. We've got our left guy and our center guy. Then Klobuchar and Harris for some redundancy. Politics is just so different nowadays.

Honestly, I would prefer people run. Recent elections have shown we don’t really know what voters want and maybe it’s better if more people just throw their hats in the ring and see what happens?
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
March 20 2019 19:11 GMT
#24548
Yang at this point is only known for $1,000 a month for all Americans and changing public policy on male circumcision, the first candidate in history to do so. And maybe his grassroots campaigning and monstrous number of campaign statements on his website (like “Make Taxes Fun” and “American Mall Act”)

Of course, I’m not voting in the Democratic presidential primary. I want an interesting debate series and a good challenger in 2020.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
March 20 2019 19:14 GMT
#24549
Folks who decry Sanders’ lack of realism or policy granularity should be taking special issue with Yang and his freedom dividend nonsense. Separating out benefits monies from services would be a disaster that both balloons upfront costs and robs the feds of one of their most powerful safety net tools.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12570 Posts
March 20 2019 19:21 GMT
#24550
If I'm honest I don't entirely trust that Yang is genuine. But a lot of what he says is good to have in the campaign, and so far I don't really think he has any chance of catching up to the other social democrat candidates, so I haven't felt the need to do actual research. I will say The Daily Show type shows are treating him quite unfairly.
No will to live, no wish to die
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
March 20 2019 19:22 GMT
#24551
On March 21 2019 03:44 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 03:28 ticklishmusic wrote:
yeah he's coasting on "reminds me of obama" vibes.

I think the reason for the long delay before announcing is because they want to make sure it still makes sense.

And honestly, it just doesn't. This is another example of old political operatives not understanding how much the world has changed. I would argue we've pretty much already got what we're gonna have. Beto and Bernie have already essentially crystallized. We've got our left guy and our center guy. Then Klobuchar and Harris for some redundancy. Politics is just so different nowadays.


Biden is doing very well in polls right now. I think there's every reason to expect he'll be a top contender in the primaries.
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
March 20 2019 19:23 GMT
#24552
On March 21 2019 04:21 Nebuchad wrote:
If I'm honest I don't entirely trust that Yang is genuine. But a lot of what he says is good to have in the campaign, and so far I don't really think he has any chance of catching up to the other social democrat candidates, so I haven't felt the need to do actual research. I will say The Daily Show type shows are treating him quite unfairly.


Oh yeah, that was a joke. He got 5 seconds to talk before being cut off so Ronny Chieng could talk about how he's Asian and then give some economics expert an entire minute to say "How's he gonna pay for it?" which kind of reveals that the expert did no research into it at all.

Meanwhile on MSNBC they keep showing the picture of "2020 Democratic Candidates" and Yang isn't pictured.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
March 20 2019 19:28 GMT
#24553
The question “how is x paid for” is basically always a red herring; the right question is “how do cash payments fix issues of structural inequality and safety net inadequacies?”
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
March 20 2019 19:40 GMT
#24554
On March 21 2019 04:22 Doodsmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2019 03:44 Mohdoo wrote:
On March 21 2019 03:28 ticklishmusic wrote:
yeah he's coasting on "reminds me of obama" vibes.

I think the reason for the long delay before announcing is because they want to make sure it still makes sense.

And honestly, it just doesn't. This is another example of old political operatives not understanding how much the world has changed. I would argue we've pretty much already got what we're gonna have. Beto and Bernie have already essentially crystallized. We've got our left guy and our center guy. Then Klobuchar and Harris for some redundancy. Politics is just so different nowadays.


Biden is doing very well in polls right now. I think there's every reason to expect he'll be a top contender in the primaries.


I would argue Obama is the one actually doing well in polls right now. The vast army of people who spend about 15 minutes thinking about politics each year are just like "Trump seems like a shithead, lets go back to Biden".
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 20 2019 19:45 GMT
#24555
Name recognition is such a factor in these early stages that polling isn’t that predictive.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
March 20 2019 19:57 GMT
#24556
--- Nuked ---
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-20 19:58:55
March 20 2019 19:58 GMT
#24557
Sure, the word “address” fits better.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
March 20 2019 20:21 GMT
#24558
--- Nuked ---
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-03-20 20:54:40
March 20 2019 20:52 GMT
#24559
Trumps petty squabbles extend so far as for him to wish death upon his foes. He also said when McCain got his cancer that he wished him well and he was a "crusty old voice in washington."
This is trumps slightly veiled way of speaking, and in this case it consists of wishing death upon his foe. In the case of McCain, the most biting personal insults available to trump were (1) POWs arent war heroes and (2) McCain would soon die. Trump has a deep, deep mental sickness. It really needs to be appreciated for how gross it is.

Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
March 20 2019 21:03 GMT
#24560
On March 21 2019 05:52 Doodsmack wrote:
Trumps petty squabbles extend so far as for him to wish death upon his foes. He also said when McCain got his cancer that he wished him well and he was a "crusty old voice in washington."
This is trumps slightly veiled way of speaking, and in this case it consists of wishing death upon his foe. In the case of McCain, the most biting personal insults available to trump were (1) POWs arent war heroes and (2) McCain would soon die. Trump has a deep, deep mental sickness. It really needs to be appreciated for how gross it is.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1108454706127532037


Remember how defensive of John McCain Republicans used to be? Old accomplished POW Republican brought a tear to their eyes. And without really noticing how or why, they ended up hating him because their chest beating leader told them to.
Prev 1 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 6009 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1013
TKL 373
IndyStarCraft 244
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1013
ByuN 409
TKL 373
IndyStarCraft 244
BRAT_OK 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46773
Calm 3091
firebathero 161
actioN 139
Sea.KH 60
Free 43
Mong 30
Rock 28
ToSsGirL 28
Pusan 20
[ Show more ]
Aegong 17
soO 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9201
Dendi1155
League of Legends
Reynor220
Counter-Strike
fl0m5052
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu180
MindelVK9
Grubby6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1723
FrodaN1002
B2W.Neo784
Beastyqt676
olofmeister555
Mlord463
Khaldor448
KnowMe305
crisheroes178
Livibee122
ToD5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick215
BasetradeTV9
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 25
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach64
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV550
League of Legends
• Nemesis3227
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1442
Other Games
• Shiphtur702
• imaqtpie8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 47m
OSC
5h 47m
Replay Cast
5h 47m
OSC
18h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.