• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:05
CEST 11:05
KST 18:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10168 users

Suicide Notes - Page 16

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 23 Next All
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
April 17 2012 00:50 GMT
#301
On April 17 2012 08:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 07:40 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.


Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct definition.

uhh usually its much more severe to be even considered some form of bipolar and by severe i mean super happy ---> uncontrollable rage / anger trust me i had a psychotic step mom for a few years who occasionally didn't take her meds..
Mjolnir
Profile Joined January 2009
912 Posts
April 17 2012 00:55 GMT
#302
On April 17 2012 09:00 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 08:40 Mjolnir wrote:

The fact that someone decided to commit suicide because of medical bills blows my fucking mind. I'm sure there were other things going on but that seemed to be a primary factor in that decison.

Fucking disgraceful - and people still fight against universal health care.

People also commit suicide for losing jobs, losing a bunch of money on the stock market, making a big gamble on the housing market and failing. Hospital bills are not unique in this respect.


No, you're right. Hospital bills aren't unique in that respect - but they are unique in that they reflect the inability of a state to ensure it's citizens have access to healthcare regardless of whether or not they lost their jobs or have no money. The economy can tank, people can lose money in whatever way may come to pass; but with universal health care, at least they know they don't have to worry about whether or not they can get adequate treatment for a fucking infection.

Lose job --> no money for hospital bills --> suicide

Lose job ---> don't need to worry about hospital bills --> keep fighting

Big fucking difference.

ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
April 17 2012 01:04 GMT
#303
On April 17 2012 08:58 p4NDemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 08:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:40 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.


Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct definition.

Trust me you have no idea wtf you're talking about if you refer to yourself as "a bit bipolar."


I go through a couple weeks of being pretty normal (more like extremely silly) with friends, and then a couple weeks of being more introverted where I just stay in my room, eat alone, and think. I'm nowhere near a qualified psychiatrist/ psychologist, but I think that fits the basic definition and am more familiar with my own mental state than you are. The only question is whether this is a pretty much permanent thing (I don't think so), or a result of some things that are going on right now.

@the other guy: cool bandwagoning, and trust me, no one appreciates thinly veiled insults than me.

@other other guy: Bipolar is a spectrum, just like pretty much everything in psychology (which far as I understand is a pretty inexact science still). I don't think what I have would be like diagnosis-worthy, but I feel that I'm still a bit more swingy than the so-called average person. Everyone's a bit crazy in their own way.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
April 17 2012 01:22 GMT
#304
On April 17 2012 10:04 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 08:58 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 08:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:40 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.


Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct definition.

Trust me you have no idea wtf you're talking about if you refer to yourself as "a bit bipolar."


I go through a couple weeks of being pretty normal (more like extremely silly) with friends, and then a couple weeks of being more introverted where I just stay in my room, eat alone, and think. I'm nowhere near a qualified psychiatrist/ psychologist, but I think that fits the basic definition and am more familiar with my own mental state than you are. The only question is whether this is a pretty much permanent thing (I don't think so), or a result of some things that are going on right now.

@the other guy: cool bandwagoning, and trust me, no one appreciates thinly veiled insults than me.

@other other guy: Bipolar is a spectrum, just like pretty much everything in psychology (which far as I understand is a pretty inexact science still). I don't think what I have would be like diagnosis-worthy, but I feel that I'm still a bit more swingy than the so-called average person. Everyone's a bit crazy in their own way.


bipolar doesnt mean, "i swing between two moods"; that's indicative of literally every mental disorder, as well as people with absolutely nothing wrong with them. beyond that, "norm" isn't a swing of bipolar.
Kira__
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
April 17 2012 01:24 GMT
#305
On April 17 2012 10:04 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 08:58 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 08:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:40 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.


Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct definition.

Trust me you have no idea wtf you're talking about if you refer to yourself as "a bit bipolar."


I go through a couple weeks of being pretty normal (more like extremely silly) with friends, and then a couple weeks of being more introverted where I just stay in my room, eat alone, and think. I'm nowhere near a qualified psychiatrist/ psychologist, but I think that fits the basic definition and am more familiar with my own mental state than you are. The only question is whether this is a pretty much permanent thing (I don't think so), or a result of some things that are going on right now.

@the other guy: cool bandwagoning, and trust me, no one appreciates thinly veiled insults than me.

@other other guy: Bipolar is a spectrum, just like pretty much everything in psychology (which far as I understand is a pretty inexact science still). I don't think what I have would be like diagnosis-worthy, but I feel that I'm still a bit more swingy than the so-called average person. Everyone's a bit crazy in their own way.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclothymia

This sounds like what you've been describing, but obviously none of us are qualified to judge
The truth is, Yagami-kun, I suspect that you may in fact be Kira.
Amaterasu1234
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
April 17 2012 01:37 GMT
#306
On April 17 2012 09:15 khaydarin9 wrote:
Happy* people will never be able to understand sadness*. It's like religious people trying to understand atheism - two ontologies, neither of which is inherently "better" than the other, that will never be compatible.

Even the language used to talk about suicidal ideation and depression is hegemonic. If "rational" people don't spontaneously commit suicide, and people who contemplate suicide for a long time must be suffering from a chemical imbalance in their brain, there is no way for someone to commit suicide and not be considered "crazy".

*Not the words I wanted to use, but I find the other binaries to be problematic.


I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

What about those that have been ever so close to the edge of suicide, then stopped, and are now happy people? They understand, I'm sure.

A great deal of introspection (or meditation...whatever you'd like to call it) also helps understanding the suffering of others, even to such extreme degree.
khaydarin9
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia423 Posts
April 17 2012 01:46 GMT
#307
On April 17 2012 10:37 Amaterasu1234 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 09:15 khaydarin9 wrote:
Happy* people will never be able to understand sadness*. It's like religious people trying to understand atheism - two ontologies, neither of which is inherently "better" than the other, that will never be compatible.

Even the language used to talk about suicidal ideation and depression is hegemonic. If "rational" people don't spontaneously commit suicide, and people who contemplate suicide for a long time must be suffering from a chemical imbalance in their brain, there is no way for someone to commit suicide and not be considered "crazy".

*Not the words I wanted to use, but I find the other binaries to be problematic.


I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

What about those that have been ever so close to the edge of suicide, then stopped, and are now happy people? They understand, I'm sure.

A great deal of introspection (or meditation...whatever you'd like to call it) also helps understanding the suffering of others, even to such extreme degree.


And yet, the prevalent attitude is "sane people do not commit suicide".

One of the most common platitudes offered to people suffering from depression is "It will get better", which is only true in that you don't really hear from the people for whom it does not get better, because there is a high probability that they have committed suicide.
Be safe, Woo Jung Ho <3
Pokemonxoxo
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States217 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 02:28:37
April 17 2012 02:27 GMT
#308
Sometimes I can never really understand suicide. I have thought about it before, but I also know that death will come sooner or later, so I promised myself that there is no hurry. I mean I never know what the future brings. Rather if it brings misfortune or happiness, I will still have to die someday, so why the heck not live it out. And if I am extremely unhappy, what is stopping me from changing how things are? I mean if I am willing to commit suicide, then why am I not willing to change the way I live my life, just to see if that other way of living might just be better. When I think about suicide, I think about all the other people who are fighting so hard to live.

For example

Graphic picture
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Whenever I see this picture, I interpret it simply as the will to live. The child is starved nearly to death, but despite her state of being she is trying to live. I just can't even contemplate suicidal thoughts anymore because if someone so frail try to fight on living, then at the very least, I can't lose to myself and the thoughts of suicide.
Within and Without
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
April 17 2012 02:33 GMT
#309
On April 17 2012 09:00 Danglars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 08:40 Mjolnir wrote:

The fact that someone decided to commit suicide because of medical bills blows my fucking mind. I'm sure there were other things going on but that seemed to be a primary factor in that decison.

Fucking disgraceful - and people still fight against universal health care.

People also commit suicide for losing jobs, losing a bunch of money on the stock market, making a big gamble on the housing market and failing. Hospital bills are not unique in this respect.


see, funny thing about corporate healthcare is, if you get sick and are mid class most of the time your still just fucked outa luck, because apparently someone along the line thought free healthcare was a bad idea, and by someone i generally mean the upper class who get everything they want anyway : P phew for living in a progressive nation hahahaha, id be frighten sick living in the states even with my well paid salary I have if any of my kids got sick.

if anything, that was one of the more reasonable reasons.
FoTG fighting!
Rfaulker
Profile Joined December 2010
United States53 Posts
April 17 2012 03:00 GMT
#310
If I one day found myself suicidal I'd like to kill myself in a badass way, via jellyfish like Will Smith in Seven Pounds, or perhaps in a fun way, like skydiving with no parachute!

...Or is that not the point?
Consistency is proficiency
Aelfric
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Turkey1496 Posts
April 17 2012 03:00 GMT
#311
On April 17 2012 11:27 Pokemonxoxo wrote:
Graphic picture
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Whenever I see this picture, I interpret it simply as the will to live. The child is starved nearly to death, but despite her state of being she is trying to live. I just can't even contemplate suicidal thoughts anymore because if someone so frail try to fight on living, then at the very least, I can't lose to myself and the thoughts of suicide.

How can you say from that picture that she is trying to live, stay alive?
Tomorrow never comes until its too late...
Zerothegreat
Profile Joined September 2010
United States787 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 03:34:19
April 17 2012 03:33 GMT
#312
It's pretty obvious people that commit suicide are not in the right state of mind. They might not be completely insane but in the moment they could feel pressured to take such action. It isn't always depression either; It could be from anger.

You see moments when people get pushed too far and kill another person. It is the same when committing suicide. You are not thinking "clearly" and acting on pure emotion.

I suggest if anyone ever considers taking such action just don't do it. You can't give up or you will never know if life could have gotten better. I like to believe things happen for a reason. I've had my highs, my lows, and some really low lows. Another way to look at it - when you hit the really low lows is that life can't get any worst and things can only go up from there. The world is a big place and there is so much out there to see before you go.
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
April 17 2012 03:34 GMT
#313
On April 17 2012 12:00 Rfaulker wrote:
If I one day found myself suicidal I'd like to kill myself in a badass way, via jellyfish like Will Smith in Seven Pounds, or perhaps in a fun way, like skydiving with no parachute!

...Or is that not the point?

If I stopped caring I would go to some third world country and pick a fight with a warlord. That way I feel like I am doing some good
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
Amaterasu1234
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
April 17 2012 03:45 GMT
#314
On April 17 2012 12:33 Zerothegreat wrote:
It's pretty obvious people that commit suicide are not in the right state of mind. They might not be completely insane but in the moment they could feel pressured to take such action. It isn't always depression either; It could be from anger.

You see moments when people get pushed too far and kill another person. It is the same when committing suicide. You are not thinking "clearly" and acting on pure emotion.

I suggest if anyone ever considers taking such action just don't do it. You can't give up or you will never know if life could have gotten better. I like to believe things happen for a reason. I've had my highs, my lows, and some really low lows. Another way to look at it - when you hit the really low lows is that life can't get any worst and things can only go up from there. The world is a big place and there is so much out there to see before you go.


Yeah...you know, 'cause it's that easy to just convince yourself all is going to get better soon...

Let's not trivialize suicidal thoughts/feelings, alright. It's easy to say "just don't do it". It's entirely another to see past the events that ultimately led to the present suicidal state and actually realize that suicide probably isn't the best thing...
Deleted User 108965
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1096 Posts
April 17 2012 03:51 GMT
#315
On April 17 2012 10:04 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 08:58 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 08:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:40 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.


Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct definition.

Trust me you have no idea wtf you're talking about if you refer to yourself as "a bit bipolar."


I go through a couple weeks of being pretty normal (more like extremely silly) with friends, and then a couple weeks of being more introverted where I just stay in my room, eat alone, and think. I'm nowhere near a qualified psychiatrist/ psychologist, but I think that fits the basic definition and am more familiar with my own mental state than you are. The only question is whether this is a pretty much permanent thing (I don't think so), or a result of some things that are going on right now.

@the other guy: cool bandwagoning, and trust me, no one appreciates thinly veiled insults than me.

@other other guy: Bipolar is a spectrum, just like pretty much everything in psychology (which far as I understand is a pretty inexact science still). I don't think what I have would be like diagnosis-worthy, but I feel that I'm still a bit more swingy than the so-called average person. Everyone's a bit crazy in their own way.


trust me dude you arent anywhere near bipolar. people have mood swings, it's normal. bipolar people go from periods of complete mania, to utterly dehabilitating depression without warning. it's severe
Disciple....Top 3 control in Clarion County
Zerothegreat
Profile Joined September 2010
United States787 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 04:18:04
April 17 2012 04:15 GMT
#316
On April 17 2012 12:45 Amaterasu1234 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 12:33 Zerothegreat wrote:
It's pretty obvious people that commit suicide are not in the right state of mind. They might not be completely insane but in the moment they could feel pressured to take such action. It isn't always depression either; It could be from anger.

You see moments when people get pushed too far and kill another person. It is the same when committing suicide. You are not thinking "clearly" and acting on pure emotion.

I suggest if anyone ever considers taking such action just don't do it. You can't give up or you will never know if life could have gotten better. I like to believe things happen for a reason. I've had my highs, my lows, and some really low lows. Another way to look at it - when you hit the really low lows is that life can't get any worst and things can only go up from there. The world is a big place and there is so much out there to see before you go.


Yeah...you know, 'cause it's that easy to just convince yourself all is going to get better soon...

Let's not trivialize suicidal thoughts/feelings, alright. It's easy to say "just don't do it". It's entirely another to see past the events that ultimately led to the present suicidal state and actually realize that suicide probably isn't the best thing...


Sad fact is that it is as easy as that. Some people just like to over complicate things. A lot of choices come from emotions which affect how we think. No matter how bad you got it someone always has it worst.

Also, you should use these struggles in life and spin them off into a positive. Who knows? You might save someone some day because you can sympathize with what they are going through.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
April 17 2012 04:30 GMT
#317
suicide note
Janice Mirikitani

How many notes written . . .
ink smeared like birdprints in snow.

not good enough not pretty enough not smart enough

dear mother and father.
I apologize
for disappointing you.
I've worked very hard,
not good enough
harder, perhaps to please you.

If only I were a son, shoulders broad
as the sunset threading through pine,
I would see the light in my mother's
eyes, or the golden pride reflected
in my father's dream
of my wide, male hands worthy of work
and comfort.

I would swagger through life
muscled and bold and assured,
drawing praises to me
like currents in the bed of wind, virile
with confidence.

not good enough not strong enough not good enough

I apologize.
Tasks do not come easily.
Each failure, a glacier.
Each disapproval, a bootprint.
Each disappointment,
ice above my river.
So I have worked hard.

not good enough.
My sacrifice I will drop
bone by bone, perched
on the ledge of my womanhood,
fragile as wings.

not strong enough
It is snowing steadily
surely not good weather
for flying - this sparrow
sillied and dizzied by the wind
on the edge.

not smart enough.
I make this ledge my altar
to offer penance.
This air will not hold me,
the snow burdens my crippled wings,

my tears drop like bitter cloth
softly into the gutter below.

not good enough not strong enough not smart enough

Choices thin as shaved
ice. Notes shredded
drift like snow
on my broken body,
covers me like whispers
of sorries.

Perhaps when they find me
they will bury
my bird bones beneath
a sturdy pine

and scatter my feathers like
unspoken song
over this white and cold and silent

breast of earth.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
ryanAnger
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States838 Posts
April 17 2012 04:31 GMT
#318
On April 17 2012 13:15 Zerothegreat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 12:45 Amaterasu1234 wrote:
On April 17 2012 12:33 Zerothegreat wrote:
It's pretty obvious people that commit suicide are not in the right state of mind. They might not be completely insane but in the moment they could feel pressured to take such action. It isn't always depression either; It could be from anger.

You see moments when people get pushed too far and kill another person. It is the same when committing suicide. You are not thinking "clearly" and acting on pure emotion.

I suggest if anyone ever considers taking such action just don't do it. You can't give up or you will never know if life could have gotten better. I like to believe things happen for a reason. I've had my highs, my lows, and some really low lows. Another way to look at it - when you hit the really low lows is that life can't get any worst and things can only go up from there. The world is a big place and there is so much out there to see before you go.


Yeah...you know, 'cause it's that easy to just convince yourself all is going to get better soon...

Let's not trivialize suicidal thoughts/feelings, alright. It's easy to say "just don't do it". It's entirely another to see past the events that ultimately led to the present suicidal state and actually realize that suicide probably isn't the best thing...


Sad fact is that it is as easy as that. Some people just like to over complicate things. A lot of choices come from emotions which affect how we think. No matter how bad you got it someone always has it worst.

Also, you should use these struggles in life and spin them off into a positive. Who knows? You might save someone some day because you can sympathize with what they are going through.


In the moment, there is nothing worse. When you are emotionally degraded every single day of your life because your dad tells you that he wishes you had never been born, and you live with the knowledge that your mother abandoned you at the age of 6, to never speak to you again, there is nothing worse.

When the bruises and cuts and scrapes cover every portion of your body that clothes can hide, and you are too afraid to tell anyone about them because you just KNOW he will kill you, there is nothing worse.

When you are locked in what essentially amounts to solitary confinement in your bedroom with nothing to do but think for an entire month in the summer, there is nothing worse.

When you are 12 years old and you know the pain won't stop for at least another 6 years, there is nothing worse.

When you put the noose around your neck, and jump off of the top bunk of your bed, only to struggle because you weren't heavy enough to snap your neck on the way down and slowly slip into unconsciousness, the relief is immense. Even those few minutes of pain and struggle are nothing compared to the pain you've felt for as long as you can remember.

And when your brother finds you there and gets you down from what would surely be your place of death and slaps you until you wake up? You wake up and you realize that you had failed yet again. And you cry. For hours. Because your sweet relief was taken from you and now you won't have the courage to try again because it took so fucking long to build it in the first place. There is nothing worse.



Unless you've been there, you don't have a clue.
On my way...
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
April 17 2012 04:33 GMT
#319
My boss, Kenneth J., seduced me and made me pregnant. He refuses to help me. I had not had intercourse in two years. He says that I will have to suffer through it by myself.
Several people know about this — my doctor, Dr. James R., and Pete M., who works at Willams. Pete and I never had a love affair, although Kenneth would like to drag Pete into it. Also, Dr. Arnold W. knows about it.
I have always been such a good girl.

Daddy dear —

As much as it hurts me, I cannot make it this Friday. I may be in very serious trouble. I have always been a very good person, but it looks like I really got in a mess, through no real fault of my own.

I must have been born to suffer.

Love - Elizabeth

P.S. Call me if you can. When will Sally be back? I may need her desperately.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Skamtet
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada634 Posts
April 17 2012 04:42 GMT
#320
The attitude against depression in this thread is depressing. If you haven't had any experiences, or know anyone with any experiences you don't have a real opinion on this.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 961
Mind 729
Larva 606
ggaemo 588
Stork 320
Leta 185
Bisu 158
PianO 150
Killer 45
Hyuk 34
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 21
Hm[arnc] 11
sorry 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe219
League of Legends
JimRising 391
Reynor101
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1150
Other Games
summit1g10263
Mew2King143
ArmadaUGS66
crisheroes26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Stunt1252
• Jankos1066
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
55m
Online Event
1h 55m
FEL
6h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.