• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:34
CEST 16:34
KST 23:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8141 users

Suicide Notes - Page 15

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 23 Next All
Nyarly
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1030 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 21:46:02
April 16 2012 21:42 GMT
#281
On April 17 2012 06:22 Grohg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 06:09 Nyarly wrote:
I often tell myself that even if i want to kill myself so badly, i just can't because i couldn't leave this world without writing something.
The only "problem" is that i have no idea how to puts the words and what i want to say the most for the last words. Everytime i think about it. I'm still hesistating, will it be a book, a biography, a letter (to who?), a simple sentence, a word, a quick note, something funny, something true, something weird, ...
So that's kinda what keeps me alive really.

Now i don't know if i should read this link xD


That's why you talk with someone who is a professional in the field who is trained to help you with any suicidal feelings. There is a neurological reason for feelings like crap and often it can be remedied through cognitive therapy or specialized medicine. There are a ton of options for help...the real issue shouldn't be about what to write to leave when you're gone. You should find help so that you can keep going and write about the goodness of life. Everyone has extended periods of extreme lows, even years of it...trust me. Finding a way to enjoy life while you have it is important. If you are really feeling that way you NEED to tell someone who can help you find a solution.


Oh it's not always that simple..
I read the link, there are a lot of people that do it because they're angry at someone or something, i don't think it's a good enough reason.
But I'm seriously sick and i know it. Having said 10% of what i think to someone once, she asked me if i wanted to be followed closely by an hospital. I didn't agree. Now i know that if i see someone again and tell him everything, he won't ask but order me to be sent away in a mental hospital.
I won't spend the rest of my life in a cell for everybody's safety. So i'm just waiting to find the way to put the words on the paper
eFonSG
Profile Joined November 2010
United States255 Posts
April 16 2012 21:54 GMT
#282
On April 17 2012 06:29 Arkless wrote:
Honestly, now that I'm done reading some of those notes. I wish I never found this thread........ So sad. Whether u are pro/anti suicide (can there be a pro suicide argument ? lol) This is still a human being much like you and me. With sentient thought, emotions, and feelings. I've had some pretty dark times in my life, and maybe I'm just a pussy when it comes down to it. But never have I entertained the idea of suicide.
To quote the great Tyrion Lannister
Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.



Trust me, you haven't experienced depression like a lot of these people have. Everyone who talks about how suicide is irrational and all of that just clearly hasn't been seriously depressed like these people. Nothing in the world seems more rational than suicide to a person whose seriously depressed. Why continue in a life when its just negative compounded with more negative? Surely it COULD get better, but the chances usually aren't high enough to warrant the amount of pain and suffering they deal with daily. Once someone disconnects themselves with the idea of them hurting any friends/family with their own death, that's when nothing is left to stand in the way.

p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 22:02:38
April 16 2012 21:57 GMT
#283
That's a bit perturbing Nyarly. I hope you reach some kind of peace of mind that doesn't involve any harm to your person or anyone you know. Without professional help that can be very difficult, but I won't go so far to say its impossible, so best of luck to you.

On April 17 2012 06:54 eFonSG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 06:29 Arkless wrote:
Honestly, now that I'm done reading some of those notes. I wish I never found this thread........ So sad. Whether u are pro/anti suicide (can there be a pro suicide argument ? lol) This is still a human being much like you and me. With sentient thought, emotions, and feelings. I've had some pretty dark times in my life, and maybe I'm just a pussy when it comes down to it. But never have I entertained the idea of suicide.
To quote the great Tyrion Lannister
Death is so terribly final, while life is full of possibilities.

Trust me, you haven't experienced depression like a lot of these people have. Everyone who talks about how suicide is irrational and all of that just clearly hasn't been seriously depressed like these people. Nothing in the world seems more rational than suicide to a person whose seriously depressed. Why continue in a life when its just negative compounded with more negative? Surely it COULD get better, but the chances usually aren't high enough to warrant the amount of pain and suffering they deal with daily. Once someone disconnects themselves with the idea of them hurting any friends/family with their own death, that's when nothing is left to stand in the way.

Straight-forward major depression isn't the only road to suicide, and many times it can be quite the irrational thought process. Not to say you are entirely wrong, but for many whatever "reasoning" remains is extremely warped by a completely loss of sanity, at which point there is very little reason to their actions.
Moderator
TwilightStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States649 Posts
April 16 2012 22:08 GMT
#284
one of my friends committed suicide about 2 months ago, he didn't leave a note or anything. it really sucks because sometimes friends/family just want to know why they did it..
(5)Twilight Star.scx --------- AdmiralHoth: There was one week when I didn't shave for a month.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
April 16 2012 22:20 GMT
#285
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
peacenl
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
550 Posts
April 16 2012 22:39 GMT
#286
Luckily many people find relief in mindfulness or Ekhart Tolle' teachings.
- One does not simply walk into a bar and start calling the shots.
- Failure doesn't mean you are a failure it just means you haven't succeeded yet.
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 22:40:15
April 16 2012 22:40 GMT
#287
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.
Moderator
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
April 16 2012 22:41 GMT
#288
On April 17 2012 06:36 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
It's crazy to read this stuff, I'm glad TL was mature enough not to flame this or close it. sad reads though.

Show nested quote +
Fall quarter I called Suicide Prevention. I'd called them before and the people were nice, but this time the woman acted a little indignant. "Why the hell do you want to do something like that?" she asked. We talked until she said she had other phone calls. But she made me promise I wouldn't try it without calling back first. I had a bottle of Coricidin from a wisdom tooth operation. I'd been thinking about it for a month off and on. Much later that night I took ten Coricidin and went to bed. I woke up in the morning feeling really rotten -- weepy, groggy. I could hardly move I thought I was going to die any minute. My roommate came home and got a friend to drive me to the school infirmary, where they gave me something that made me sick to my stomach. The doctor who gave it to me calmed me down. She said it happens to a lot of people, the pills wouldn't hurt me. I felt tingly, like I might pass out any minute.

I was immediately taken in a wheelchair to the psychiatrist's office. I talked to him about five minutes. He kept yelling ta me about why did I take the pills, why didn't I do this or that. I remember thinking, boy this man is a real jerk. I told him I didn't want to see him any more. He said, "That's fine," and put me in a locked room with bars on the windows. I couldn't make phone calls. I felt humiliated, which made me angry. I'm not crazy. I'm not weird. I don't want people to look at me like I'm nuts. I'm not some nutty kid who tried to knock herself off. I was most angry at being stuck in that room. I expected to be put in a straitjacket any minute. I complained until they moved me a pretty room and let me make phone calls.

I was there about two weeks. My psychiatrist kept harping at me about school -- was I going to stay in or drop out? I saw him ten minutes a day. The other patients and one orderly helped me a lot more than he did. I just wanted to find a place where I could be alone and think about things. I left feeling like not much had been accomplished, except letting me know that I didn't want to attempt it again. No -- I feel like I've become a lot more sensitive to people. I don't look at their problems as trivial any more. I almost like it when my friends come to me with problems. I feel like I can help now. I still haven't told the two people I was most angry at -- my father and my boyfriend -- why I was in the hospital.



This one got me the deepest, in my opinion it was an overworked stressed student who just needed council but got some arrogant fuck who knows nothing on the subject of mental health and how to treat it... Barbaric fuck, it's like the dark ages when you read about idiots like these who if anything forced the hand to take it's own life from this girl.


It's an unfortunate thing across therapists, psychologists, counselors, and psychiatrists; generally they decide what approach they think will best help you, or just use whatever approach they think most people "need", and apply it, where it then can be the exact opposite of what that person needs and completely alienate them from the idea getting professional help ever.
Bearhammer
Profile Joined October 2011
United States49 Posts
April 16 2012 22:59 GMT
#289
Man, some of those are hard to read.
"To give less than your best is to sacrfice the gift" -Steve Prefontaine
Mjolnir
Profile Joined January 2009
912 Posts
April 16 2012 23:40 GMT
#290

The fact that someone decided to commit suicide because of medical bills blows my fucking mind. I'm sure there were other things going on but that seemed to be a primary factor in that decison.

Fucking disgraceful - and people still fight against universal health care.

ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
April 16 2012 23:41 GMT
#291
On April 17 2012 07:40 p4NDemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.


Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct definition.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
askTeivospy
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1525 Posts
April 16 2012 23:48 GMT
#292
those were pretty interesting to read, some really messed up ones in there
hihihi
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
April 16 2012 23:49 GMT
#293
On April 17 2012 08:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 07:40 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.


Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct definition.


then youre missing about a dozen things.
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
April 16 2012 23:58 GMT
#294
On April 17 2012 08:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 07:40 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.


Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct definition.

Trust me you have no idea wtf you're talking about if you refer to yourself as "a bit bipolar."
Moderator
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
April 17 2012 00:00 GMT
#295
On April 17 2012 08:40 Mjolnir wrote:

The fact that someone decided to commit suicide because of medical bills blows my fucking mind. I'm sure there were other things going on but that seemed to be a primary factor in that decison.

Fucking disgraceful - and people still fight against universal health care.

People also commit suicide for losing jobs, losing a bunch of money on the stock market, making a big gamble on the housing market and failing. Hospital bills are not unique in this respect.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
khaydarin9
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia423 Posts
April 17 2012 00:15 GMT
#296
Happy* people will never be able to understand sadness*. It's like religious people trying to understand atheism - two ontologies, neither of which is inherently "better" than the other, that will never be compatible.

Even the language used to talk about suicidal ideation and depression is hegemonic. If "rational" people don't spontaneously commit suicide, and people who contemplate suicide for a long time must be suffering from a chemical imbalance in their brain, there is no way for someone to commit suicide and not be considered "crazy".

*Not the words I wanted to use, but I find the other binaries to be problematic.
Be safe, Woo Jung Ho <3
Mackin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland181 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 00:16:58
April 17 2012 00:15 GMT
#297
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 17 2012 08:58 p4NDemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 08:41 ticklishmusic wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:40 p4NDemik wrote:
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.

No offense but reading that I don't think you have a very good grasp of what bipolar disorder is.


Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct definition.

Trust me you have no idea wtf you're talking about if you refer to yourself as "a bit bipolar."

~quote inside spoiler to save space...

I have a friend who is bipolar. And not "a bit bipolar". Like totally on top of the world and the best fun ever for 1 hour to fits of tears and not wanting to move and totally depressed and angry and the change can happen in seconds. Disorders like this make suicide far far more likely im led to believe, as when people with this condition get bad news they can become incredibly unhappy, more unhappy than many people imagine is possible, and well... then they can make bad decisions too

I love the human brain for how amazing it can be.
But...
I hate the brain for how it can totally ruin you and destroy everything.
Serenity
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
April 17 2012 00:19 GMT
#298
I've been told mixed-manic episodes (what you seem to be describing) are among the most dangerous psychiatric states someone can find themselves in. The depressive moments can be so low that you have those suicidal thoughts, and then the manic moments which come must minutes or hours after can give you the excessive energy and disjointed state of mind that can easily result in suicide. Truly terrifying stuff.
Moderator
PeT[uK]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States412 Posts
April 17 2012 00:42 GMT
#299
I'm sorry, but if your world doesn't revolve around you there's a problem. People have a ton of things in their lives that would drive them to commit suicide, and to criticize them for that decision is wrong.

Some people just have tougher skins than others.
How Happy Are the Blameless Vestals Lot.
FuRRyChoBo
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States218 Posts
April 17 2012 00:43 GMT
#300
On April 17 2012 07:20 ticklishmusic wrote:
I'm probably a bit bipolar-- sometimes I'm silly and outgoing, other times (most of the time) I'm pretty quiet and reflective, even tending toward what people would call the "depressed side". Sure, there's some things wrong with my life that I can't control, but there's some good stuff too.

I know that depression isn't necessarily the road to suicide, but I sometimes wonder how close I've been in my darkest moments. Probably not really, I hope.


probably better to use the terms introverted and unfulfilled than claiming to potentially have bipolar disorder...
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 389
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33413
Bisu 2990
Shuttle 1721
Hyuk 1321
EffOrt 695
Mini 683
Larva 347
Soma 286
ZerO 257
firebathero 241
[ Show more ]
hero 92
Zeus 91
Last 85
Sexy 80
Mong 42
Hyun 42
Killer 39
Pusan 35
Trap 34
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Hm[arnc] 31
Aegong 27
PianO 27
sorry 24
zelot 16
Rock 14
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Sacsri 8
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7346
qojqva1440
Dendi835
Counter-Strike
fl0m2053
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1355
crisheroes937
Liquid`Hasu575
Lowko401
Other Games
singsing2636
B2W.Neo1314
Beastyqt393
Livibee204
Hui .189
Liquid`VortiX161
ArmadaUGS90
KnowMe90
Mew2King88
elazer64
CosmosSc2 24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9058
• WagamamaTV181
League of Legends
• Jankos1924
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 26m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 26m
INu's Battles
21h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.