• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:25
CEST 22:25
KST 05:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10932 users

College Acceptance Thread '11 - Page 22

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 36 Next All
Azn_Christian
Profile Joined September 2010
United States153 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-29 23:09:16
March 27 2011 08:28 GMT
#421
Texas, former Atlanta resident.

Accepted:
Northwestern University
UC Berkeley
UCLA
USC
UC San Diego
GA Tech
UT Austin
Penn State
Texas A & M
Baylor

Wait Listed:
Washu
U of Chicago
Rice
Cal Tech

Rejected:
MIT
Stanford
John Hopkins

Waiting: a ton lol XP
4.8 gpa 34 act 2260 (750 reading 800 math 710 writing) tons of ap classes
school clubs leadership,church leadership, "dj" (soundboard) ,volunteering, competions, music
Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs." - Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
peidongyang
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada2084 Posts
March 27 2011 08:46 GMT
#422
On March 27 2011 11:44 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 09:39 Retgery wrote:
I have a couple of questions for any students going to Waterloo, or Carleton. Are they mac or pc schools? I'm applying for university next year, and those 2 are my number one choices. I'm going for Engineering, not entirely sure which field to specialize in yet


The professor in a Software Engineering lecture at Waterloo I attended said it doesn't really matter, but you'll generally see more PCs than MACs.



I have a 94 average. English mark is killing me.
83* English - 94 Chemistry - 95 Physics - 96 Data - 96 Functions - 100 Calculus
One sports team.
Elected Captain of one school club.
A part-time job as a tutor.
A first place in McMaster's Engineering and Science Olympics.
Minimal volunteering.


University of Toronto - Engineering Science - Accepted
University of Waterloo - Computer Science - Accepted
Queens - Computing for giggles - Waiting
University of Waterloo - Software Engineering - Waiting

I want to get into Software Engineering at Waterloo.


I still want to know how averages from the U.S. translate over to Canada.


Do not come into Engineering Science unless you have a hyperbolic time machine in second year because AER201 is a fucking time vampire. Only come into this program if you wish to tr0ll with the Profs from UTIAS.

Going into Waterloo Software engineering is your best choice because it's less WTFMATH than Comp. Sci afaik. Also remember though EngSci and basically all Waterloo programs are course intensive meaning you'll definitely have twice or more hours than your art (sometimes even science) friends.
the throws never bothered me anyway
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 27 2011 17:00 GMT
#423
Nice azn christian!
carloselcoco
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2302 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 17:24:46
March 27 2011 17:17 GMT
#424
From Florida
University of Central Florida - Accepted and attending there!
Pennsylvania State University - Accepted
Drexel University - Accepted
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - Waiting
Spring Hill College - Accepted
Hofstra University - Accepted
University of Florida - Rejected


3.99 weighted GPA (at the end of my junior year)
1820 SAT
Math - 690
120+ volunteer hours
AP Calculus AB and BC -5
AP Physics C - 3
AP Bio - this year

I applied for Biomedical Engineering for them
http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/296431601 <------Suscribe! Casts in Spanish :) |||| http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/300285215<----- CSL: Before Sunday! Episode 3!
Calcium
Profile Joined November 2009
United States10 Posts
March 27 2011 17:21 GMT
#425
On March 27 2011 12:12 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2011 10:49 Calcium wrote:
Accepted:
UC Berkeley (EECS)
UCLA (Materials Science)
UCSD (EE)
UCSB (EE)
UCI (EE)

WGPA: 4.5
UWGPA: 4.0

SAT I: 2090
SAT II: 740 Math 2
740 Chem

300 Volunteer Hours



Wow congrats on the awesome admits from the UCs. Which one is your first choice, Berkeley?

Just out of curiosity, are you from CA?

Thanks so much! My first choice is LA because I live only an hour away from there and I love the urban life. :D
Envy01
Profile Joined March 2011
15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 17:32:08
March 27 2011 17:31 GMT
#426
Accepted:
United States Air Force Academy- attending
Texas A&M University
Baylor University
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 17:32:20
March 27 2011 17:31 GMT
#427
I know that there should be roughly 10 times as many people applying to US schools as Canadian schools. And that the chances of someone applying to Ottawa are fairly low compared to some other schools. And that not everyone would be accepted. And that few of those who accepted would actually choose to come here.

But I've read through this entire thread, and haven't seen a single person apply to uOttawa.



It's depressing.

~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
mountchockula
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada34 Posts
March 27 2011 17:57 GMT
#428
go to algonquin, thats where im going
Magikarp beastin on yo ass
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
March 27 2011 18:01 GMT
#429
Accepted: University of Illinois
University of Washington (Seattle)
Boston University

Waiting on: Carnegie Mellon
Brown

rejected: Boston College

Holding out for Carnegie Mellon, would be a miracle if I got into Brown but one can dream.
Suddenly
Profile Joined January 2011
United States181 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 19:28:22
March 27 2011 18:15 GMT
#430
Accepted:
Rutgers University New Brunswick
Washington College
American University
The College of New Jersey

Rejected:
None

(From NJ)

Edit - 4.15 Weighted GPA
29 ACT
1880 SAT
Volunteer work/community service
National Honor Society
Clarinet/trombone player: Symphonic/Marching Band
APs: Euro, US, Macro
5 on Euro, taking US and Macro now.
ThumperSD
Profile Joined September 2010
United States333 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 18:25:12
March 27 2011 18:24 GMT
#431
I think Im the only one who bothered to apply to one university. Oh well, it was the only one I wanted to go to.
wake up your mind
DuckS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 27 2011 18:36 GMT
#432
TL.net: the place that makes me feel like my GPA is garbage.
"You foiled us this time Americans, but your liberty will not protect your Marilyn Monroe forever - our Queen must FEED!" - Deleuze
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
March 27 2011 19:00 GMT
#433
On March 28 2011 02:57 mountchockula wrote:
go to algonquin, thats where im going

Too late. Almost done my 3rd year here. Got 2 more to go.

You guys gotta get your shit together though. CSL fail this year -_-
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
LittLeLives
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States692 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 01:49:20
March 27 2011 19:19 GMT
#434
San Diego here.

Stanford - Waiting
SCU - Waiting
USC - Denied
UBC - Accepted
UMich - Accepted

4.04 weighted GPA
29 ACT
1850 SAT
550 SAT2 Bio
610 SAT2 Math 2
internships at a law firm
violin @ school orchestra
jv cross-country
yearbook photo/copy editor

Overall, I'm not a very impressive by-the-numbers candidate, but I still managed to get into my top two: UBC and UMich. Now I just need to decide if I want to go to Vancouver or Ann Arbor.
sevia
Profile Joined May 2010
United States954 Posts
March 27 2011 19:40 GMT
#435
I'm not sure if I should feel bad about not accomplishing a tenth of what others have in this thread, or good that I'm in pretty much the same position as them with a tenth of the effort.

3.8 GPA, three easy AP classes senior year, zero extracurriculars or notable activities throughout all four years of high school. 12 volunteer hours that were required for Government class (we were supposed to have 15 but I was lazy). I did alright on my SATs (2200) and wrote a pretty good essay about Carl Sagan.

I applied to a single (fairly prestigious) university well before the deadline and got my acceptance letter a few days later. Maybe it was the fact that my dad attended there with outstanding performance, maybe they really liked the essay, maybe I just got lucky.

My biggest worry is that this do-nothing, 'big rewards for zero effort' attitude will carry over into college. So many kids in this thread worked their asses off to get into higher education. So far, it's been handed to me on a silver platter.

Sorry if this sounds like bragging, but this thread really put things into perspective for me.
최지성 Bomber || 김동환 viOLet || 고병재 GuMiho
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
March 27 2011 19:56 GMT
#436
On March 28 2011 04:40 sevia wrote:
I'm not sure if I should feel bad about not accomplishing a tenth of what others have in this thread, or good that I'm in pretty much the same position as them with a tenth of the effort.

3.8 GPA, three easy AP classes senior year, zero extracurriculars or notable activities throughout all four years of high school. 12 volunteer hours that were required for Government class (we were supposed to have 15 but I was lazy). I did alright on my SATs (2200) and wrote a pretty good essay about Carl Sagan.

I applied to a single (fairly prestigious) university well before the deadline and got my acceptance letter a few days later. Maybe it was the fact that my dad attended there with outstanding performance, maybe they really liked the essay, maybe I just got lucky.

My biggest worry is that this do-nothing, 'big rewards for zero effort' attitude will carry over into college. So many kids in this thread worked their asses off to get into higher education. So far, it's been handed to me on a silver platter.

Sorry if this sounds like bragging, but this thread really put things into perspective for me.

What school are you going to?
http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
pndarus
Profile Joined January 2011
15 Posts
March 27 2011 22:34 GMT
#437
Yo is anyone going to Tulane ? looking for a roommate :D?
"My wife said to me she was going to leave me if i kept playing starcraft...I ll miss her... :D lol
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
March 27 2011 23:32 GMT
#438
On March 28 2011 04:19 LittLeLives wrote:
San Diego here.

Stanford - Waiting
SCU - Waiting
USC - Deferred
UBC - Accepted
UMich - Accepted

4.04 weighted GPA
29 ACT
1850 SAT
550 SAT2 Bio
610 SAT2 Math 2
internships at a law firm
violin @ school orchestra
jv cross-country
yearbook photo/copy editor

Overall, I'm not a very impressive by-the-numbers candidate, but I still managed to get into my top two: UBC and UMich. Now I just need to decide if I want to go to Vancouver or Ann Arbor.


Come to ann arbor :D we have a pretty decent starcraft scene here.
MechKing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3004 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-27 23:40:36
March 27 2011 23:40 GMT
#439
I'm a junior, but I was wondering what a weighted GPA is? Is that with AP classes too? And Idk what I'm going to do I have like no extracurricular, not the best grades, and I haven't taken the ACT yet.

Also, I have no idea what I want to do in college anyway lol.
USApwn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States81 Posts
March 27 2011 23:45 GMT
#440
Better off going to a community college then xfering from there for a BA/BS degree.

Master degree is where the big money should be spent.
"The beginning of wisdom in human as well as international affairs was knowing when to stop." Henry Kissinger
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason185
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16087
Artosis 920
ZZZero.O 84
Hyun 41
Bale 24
NaDa 22
Dota 2
qojqva2737
League of Legends
Doublelift2970
JimRising 269
Counter-Strike
Fnx 740
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6743
Khaldor1215
Liquid`Hasu999
Other Games
summit1g7098
FrodaN2604
B2W.Neo735
ToD261
KnowMe145
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1372
BasetradeTV262
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 12
• Hupsaiya 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie878
• Shiphtur223
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 35m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.