• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:56
CEST 03:56
KST 10:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7462 users

College Acceptance Thread '11 - Page 24

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 36 Next All
redeux
Profile Joined November 2010
United States148 Posts
March 28 2011 01:55 GMT
#461
My transfer was accepted. Totally stoked
former masters zerg na/eu. took extended break, getting back into things.1v1 / 2v2 stream: twitch.tv/redeuxtv
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
March 28 2011 01:57 GMT
#462
On March 28 2011 09:59 The_LiNk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 09:17 fams wrote:
On March 28 2011 08:45 USApwn wrote:
Better off going to a community college then xfering from there for a BA/BS degree.

Master degree is where the big money should be spent.

That's what I'm doing, College - BA - Masters (shooting for Yale or Schulich for business)


How about fast tech BBA/BCOM -> MBA.

Cuts 2 years from the College to Bachelor and then cuts another year or 2 when you go from Bachelor to Masters.

I don't see how this College->Bachelor->Masters is superior in anyway except spending more money.


My high school grades are not good enough to get into University because I focused more on eSports during those years than schooling.

So I have to go to College first, and due to personal reasons I am finishing the full 3 years and earning the diploma, then I should be able to take advantage of an articulation agreement, and cut my Bachelors down to 2 years instead of 4. Then I have to work 2 years, then apply for Masters via relevant work experience and recommendations.

http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
SaLaYa
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States363 Posts
March 28 2011 03:44 GMT
#463
On March 27 2011 12:41 7sk wrote:
Accepted: UF, GT, NEU, MIT
Waiting: Columbia
2190 sat, 34 act, ~4.5wgpa
Rowing, Math Team, Solid essays


Columbia rowing? We had a dual race vs them soon.
Cornell 2014 // eYe_am_SaSsY
Animostas
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States568 Posts
March 28 2011 03:50 GMT
#464
Got in Columbia ED, hope to see a few of you guys there next year!
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
March 28 2011 03:56 GMT
#465
Oh snap! 5 minutes until Carnegie Mellon decisions. Good luck to all who applied there.
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
March 28 2011 03:58 GMT
#466
On March 28 2011 12:56 b3h47pte wrote:
Oh snap! 5 minutes until Carnegie Mellon decisions. Good luck to all who applied there.


I don't think it's 12:00 AM, is it?
Writer
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
March 28 2011 04:02 GMT
#467
Waitlisted :\
They release at 12:00AM EST (GMT -5) so yea it just came out.
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 04:06:51
March 28 2011 04:06 GMT
#468
website is really slow now haha

waitlisted as well, it seems like I'm getting waitlisted from every school >______<
Writer
snorlax
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States755 Posts
March 28 2011 04:06 GMT
#469
going to southern oregon university in ashland
510Sushi
Profile Joined October 2008
Azerbaijan331 Posts
March 28 2011 04:22 GMT
#470
On March 28 2011 13:06 l10f wrote:
website is really slow now haha

waitlisted as well, it seems like I'm getting waitlisted from every school >______<

you just have to sing for them and they will let you in no problem.
i am the ghote
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
March 28 2011 04:26 GMT
#471
I got waitlisted in more schools than I got accepted and rejected put together. Is that normal?
Writer
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
March 28 2011 04:27 GMT
#472
On March 28 2011 13:06 l10f wrote:
website is really slow now haha

waitlisted as well, it seems like I'm getting waitlisted from every school >______<



Time for me and someone else to go to the admissions office to get you in!

Seriously though, gl~! Getting waitlisted sucks >.<

What college did you apply to?
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 04:29:05
March 28 2011 04:28 GMT
#473
On March 28 2011 13:27 Snipinpanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:06 l10f wrote:
website is really slow now haha

waitlisted as well, it seems like I'm getting waitlisted from every school >______<



Time for me and someone else to go to the admissions office to get you in!

Seriously though, gl~! Getting waitlisted sucks >.<

What college did you apply to?


CS

I don't plan on getting on any waitlists. I can't risk not going to the schools I'm already in hoping to get into waitlists.
Writer
thisisSSK
Profile Joined August 2010
United States179 Posts
March 28 2011 04:31 GMT
#474
On March 28 2011 13:26 l10f wrote:
I got waitlisted in more schools than I got accepted and rejected put together. Is that normal?

this year it definitely can be. Apparently this is one of if not the most competitive applicant year. sux for us eh?
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
March 28 2011 04:31 GMT
#475
On March 28 2011 13:28 l10f wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:27 Snipinpanda wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:06 l10f wrote:
website is really slow now haha

waitlisted as well, it seems like I'm getting waitlisted from every school >______<



Time for me and someone else to go to the admissions office to get you in!

Seriously though, gl~! Getting waitlisted sucks >.<

What college did you apply to?


CS

I don't plan on getting on any waitlists. I can't risk not going to the schools I'm already in hoping to get into waitlists.


Oh hey me too! Yea..is it worth waiting on the waitlist?
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
March 28 2011 04:31 GMT
#476
On March 28 2011 13:28 l10f wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:27 Snipinpanda wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:06 l10f wrote:
website is really slow now haha

waitlisted as well, it seems like I'm getting waitlisted from every school >______<



Time for me and someone else to go to the admissions office to get you in!

Seriously though, gl~! Getting waitlisted sucks >.<

What college did you apply to?


CS

I don't plan on getting on any waitlists. I can't risk not going to the schools I'm already in hoping to get into waitlists.



Yeah CS is pretty difficult to get in, unless if you're a girl...

Did you get into any other universities that you wanted to get in?
I think generally you pay a deposit or something saying you want to go there, but don't have to commit beyond that, until you actually go. I could be horribly wrong though >_>;;
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
March 28 2011 04:34 GMT
#477
On March 28 2011 13:31 Snipinpanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:28 l10f wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:27 Snipinpanda wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:06 l10f wrote:
website is really slow now haha

waitlisted as well, it seems like I'm getting waitlisted from every school >______<



Time for me and someone else to go to the admissions office to get you in!

Seriously though, gl~! Getting waitlisted sucks >.<

What college did you apply to?


CS

I don't plan on getting on any waitlists. I can't risk not going to the schools I'm already in hoping to get into waitlists.



Yeah CS is pretty difficult to get in, unless if you're a girl...

Did you get into any other universities that you wanted to get in?
I think generally you pay a deposit or something saying you want to go there, but don't have to commit beyond that, until you actually go. I could be horribly wrong though >_>;;


I can put myself on as many waitlists as I want, right?
Writer
Loser777
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
1931 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-28 04:37:07
March 28 2011 04:35 GMT
#478
On March 25 2011 08:41 Loser777 wrote:
GPA: 3.80UW -UC GPA was something shitty like 4.00
SAT: 2310
SAT IIs: 790 US 790 Physics 800 Math II

ECs: Mixture of various science clubs, competitions and fairs, marching band for four years, few community service hours (~100)

Major Awards: Intel Science Talent Search Semifinalist

UC Berkeley: Rejected
Harvey Mudd College: Rejected
MIT: Rejected
UC San Diego: Rejected
Stanford: Waiting :/
Carnegie Mellon: Waitlisted for CIT and SCS... as good as a rejection
UCLA: Accepted
UCI: Accepted
UCSB: Accepted
UCR: Accepted
UCD: Accepted
USC: Accepted
UIUC: Accepted
University of Michigan: Accepted
University of Texas Austin: Accepted
Georgia Institute of Technology: Accepted
Cal Poly SLO: Accepted


I got waitlisted for CIT and SCS for CMU... From what I hear, they pretty much don't take any off their waitlists, so I'm not banking on CMU anymore at all.

I guess I'm appealing Berkeley... I have no idea where I'm going anymore.
6581
HolySpear
Profile Joined September 2010
United States60 Posts
March 28 2011 04:36 GMT
#479
Nothings showing up for CMU in my box...does this mean rejection?
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
March 28 2011 04:37 GMT
#480
On March 28 2011 13:34 l10f wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:31 Snipinpanda wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:28 l10f wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:27 Snipinpanda wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:06 l10f wrote:
website is really slow now haha

waitlisted as well, it seems like I'm getting waitlisted from every school >______<



Time for me and someone else to go to the admissions office to get you in!

Seriously though, gl~! Getting waitlisted sucks >.<

What college did you apply to?


CS

I don't plan on getting on any waitlists. I can't risk not going to the schools I'm already in hoping to get into waitlists.



Yeah CS is pretty difficult to get in, unless if you're a girl...

Did you get into any other universities that you wanted to get in?
I think generally you pay a deposit or something saying you want to go there, but don't have to commit beyond that, until you actually go. I could be horribly wrong though >_>;;


I can put myself on as many waitlists as I want, right?


Yeah, you can be on as many waitlist as you want. I'm saying like if you're not off a waitlist by the time you have to make a decision, you can say i wanna go here, but if you happen to get off the waitlist later you can go to the school you were waitlisted from with like losing a small deposit. Yet again, I'm not sure if this is completely true.

I'm not going to say anything about probability of getting off the waitlist, because I honestly don't know. I did get waitlisted from CS, but I was probably really low in terms of getting off, cause I was already in CIT(So CS wasn't even first priority)
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings120
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 162
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 311
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
Doublelift5843
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
taco 11
Other Games
summit1g12146
C9.Mang0347
PiLiPiLi12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1069
BasetradeTV164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 5m
Replay Cast
21h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.