• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8208 users

College Acceptance Thread '11 - Page 25

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 36 Next All
Loser777
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
1931 Posts
March 28 2011 04:37 GMT
#481
On March 28 2011 13:36 HolySpear wrote:
Nothings showing up for CMU in my box...does this mean rejection?

There are always a few people who don't get updated right away... just wait for your letter in the mail and if still nothing shows up then go ahead and call them.
6581
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
March 28 2011 04:42 GMT
#482
Alright, I'm getting on these waitlists >____> But it seems like I'll have to settle for NYU..
Writer
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
March 28 2011 04:54 GMT
#483
On March 28 2011 13:35 Loser777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:41 Loser777 wrote:
GPA: 3.80UW -UC GPA was something shitty like 4.00
SAT: 2310
SAT IIs: 790 US 790 Physics 800 Math II

ECs: Mixture of various science clubs, competitions and fairs, marching band for four years, few community service hours (~100)

Major Awards: Intel Science Talent Search Semifinalist

UC Berkeley: Rejected
Harvey Mudd College: Rejected
MIT: Rejected
UC San Diego: Rejected
Stanford: Waiting :/
Carnegie Mellon: Waitlisted for CIT and SCS... as good as a rejection
UCLA: Accepted
UCI: Accepted
UCSB: Accepted
UCR: Accepted
UCD: Accepted
USC: Accepted
UIUC: Accepted
University of Michigan: Accepted
University of Texas Austin: Accepted
Georgia Institute of Technology: Accepted
Cal Poly SLO: Accepted


I got waitlisted for CIT and SCS for CMU... From what I hear, they pretty much don't take any off their waitlists, so I'm not banking on CMU anymore at all.

I guess I'm appealing Berkeley... I have no idea where I'm going anymore.


From what I heard they have this thing called a priority waitlist and people off that list have a decent chance...so just gotta wait for the mail and see if they give us a priority waitlist option :\
Loser777
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
1931 Posts
March 28 2011 04:57 GMT
#484
On March 28 2011 13:54 b3h47pte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:35 Loser777 wrote:
On March 25 2011 08:41 Loser777 wrote:
GPA: 3.80UW -UC GPA was something shitty like 4.00
SAT: 2310
SAT IIs: 790 US 790 Physics 800 Math II

ECs: Mixture of various science clubs, competitions and fairs, marching band for four years, few community service hours (~100)

Major Awards: Intel Science Talent Search Semifinalist

UC Berkeley: Rejected
Harvey Mudd College: Rejected
MIT: Rejected
UC San Diego: Rejected
Stanford: Waiting :/
Carnegie Mellon: Waitlisted for CIT and SCS... as good as a rejection
UCLA: Accepted
UCI: Accepted
UCSB: Accepted
UCR: Accepted
UCD: Accepted
USC: Accepted
UIUC: Accepted
University of Michigan: Accepted
University of Texas Austin: Accepted
Georgia Institute of Technology: Accepted
Cal Poly SLO: Accepted


I got waitlisted for CIT and SCS for CMU... From what I hear, they pretty much don't take any off their waitlists, so I'm not banking on CMU anymore at all.

I guess I'm appealing Berkeley... I have no idea where I'm going anymore.


From what I heard they have this thing called a priority waitlist and people off that list have a decent chance...so just gotta wait for the mail and see if they give us a priority waitlist option :\

People on the priority waitlist have a good shot for H&SS. For SCS or CIT, it's effectively zero. Even with that said I know I'm going to pay the deposit/whatever. I'm just not expecting anything.

It feels terrible to not live up to the standards of other Intel STS Semifinalists.
6581
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
March 28 2011 04:57 GMT
#485
On March 25 2011 08:39 Mephiztopheles1 wrote:
Well, might as well jump on this e-penis enlargement thread.

Accepted:
Oxford
Cambridge
LSE
Goldsmiths
Rejected:
UCL*

*Got accepted but never paid the new fee they are asking for applicants so

Anyone else going to the UK/London this year?



I AM!

KCL post graduate program in Applied Linguistics. Accepted
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
jadedpi3
Profile Joined March 2011
United States22 Posts
March 28 2011 05:13 GMT
#486
On March 28 2011 10:01 Z3kk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 09:58 jadedpi3 wrote:
Holy Christ this thread takes me back to high school haha
It feels like a lot of TL people are from the west coast (tons of UC applications), Asian, and into some sort of engineering field such as EE, CS, both, MatSci, etc. etc. INTERESTING KEKEKEKE

Personally I'm an Asian EECS major at Berkeley myself.


It's true that there's a huge difference between EE and CS...right? The former is hardware and the latter is software, so even though the departments are usually the same, the two fields are still very different from each other...right? Which are you?


EE/CS are grouped into one major at Berkeley (at least in the College of Engineering; Letters and Science only has pure CS and the courseload is slightly different), as well as a number of other institutions. In a practical sense, the two are closely related, but in general people choose to focus on one discipline or the other. I have a basic understanding of circuits, but my major focus is CS.

I do know people who are definitely jack-of-all-trades-ish in the sense that they are very well learned in both EE and CS, but those people tend to be among the most brilliant (and hard working) and are fairly rare (at least in undergrad).
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
March 28 2011 07:38 GMT
#487
On March 28 2011 13:42 l10f wrote:
Alright, I'm getting on these waitlists >____> But it seems like I'll have to settle for NYU..

That happened to my salutatorian last year, of 14 schools 11 wait listed her probably because she had steller stats and nothing else. As I far as I can tell, no one knows where she goes now
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
Galgorthion
Profile Joined March 2011
Taiwan11 Posts
March 28 2011 09:32 GMT
#488
Accepted:
Carnegie Mellon (SCS and CIT)
Northwestern
KU (I live in Kansas lol)
UIllinois Urbana-Champaign
Wheaton(MA, I applied here as a joke, made up random stories for the essays)

Rejected:
MIT

Still waiting to hear back from:
UPenn
Duke
Cornell
Johns Hopkins
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
March 28 2011 14:02 GMT
#489
On March 28 2011 13:42 l10f wrote:
Alright, I'm getting on these waitlists >____> But it seems like I'll have to settle for NYU..

I was worried when you seemed pretty depressed on MS, best of luck~ at least you have somewhere to sit back on.
[TLMS] REBOOT
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
March 28 2011 16:23 GMT
#490
On March 28 2011 13:57 Loser777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2011 13:54 b3h47pte wrote:
On March 28 2011 13:35 Loser777 wrote:
On March 25 2011 08:41 Loser777 wrote:
GPA: 3.80UW -UC GPA was something shitty like 4.00
SAT: 2310
SAT IIs: 790 US 790 Physics 800 Math II

ECs: Mixture of various science clubs, competitions and fairs, marching band for four years, few community service hours (~100)

Major Awards: Intel Science Talent Search Semifinalist

UC Berkeley: Rejected
Harvey Mudd College: Rejected
MIT: Rejected
UC San Diego: Rejected
Stanford: Waiting :/
Carnegie Mellon: Waitlisted for CIT and SCS... as good as a rejection
UCLA: Accepted
UCI: Accepted
UCSB: Accepted
UCR: Accepted
UCD: Accepted
USC: Accepted
UIUC: Accepted
University of Michigan: Accepted
University of Texas Austin: Accepted
Georgia Institute of Technology: Accepted
Cal Poly SLO: Accepted


I got waitlisted for CIT and SCS for CMU... From what I hear, they pretty much don't take any off their waitlists, so I'm not banking on CMU anymore at all.

I guess I'm appealing Berkeley... I have no idea where I'm going anymore.


From what I heard they have this thing called a priority waitlist and people off that list have a decent chance...so just gotta wait for the mail and see if they give us a priority waitlist option :\

People on the priority waitlist have a good shot for H&SS. For SCS or CIT, it's effectively zero. Even with that said I know I'm going to pay the deposit/whatever. I'm just not expecting anything.

It feels terrible to not live up to the standards of other Intel STS Semifinalists.


Yeah CIT is retarded for not letting you in >.<
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
March 28 2011 17:06 GMT
#491
On March 28 2011 13:42 l10f wrote:
Alright, I'm getting on these waitlists >____> But it seems like I'll have to settle for NYU..


At least you'll be close to HQ D=
Stuck.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
March 28 2011 17:43 GMT
#492
On March 28 2011 13:42 l10f wrote:
Alright, I'm getting on these waitlists >____> But it seems like I'll have to settle for NYU..


What school at NYU? Maybe I'll see you there if I get waitlisted/rejected from everywhere else.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
March 28 2011 17:48 GMT
#493
Hopefully we have lots coming to UCSD~
Stuck.
Galgorthion
Profile Joined March 2011
Taiwan11 Posts
March 28 2011 18:44 GMT
#494
On March 28 2011 13:35 Loser777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:41 Loser777 wrote:
GPA: 3.80UW -UC GPA was something shitty like 4.00
SAT: 2310
SAT IIs: 790 US 790 Physics 800 Math II

ECs: Mixture of various science clubs, competitions and fairs, marching band for four years, few community service hours (~100)

Major Awards: Intel Science Talent Search Semifinalist

UC Berkeley: Rejected
Harvey Mudd College: Rejected
MIT: Rejected
UC San Diego: Rejected
Stanford: Waiting :/
Carnegie Mellon: Waitlisted for CIT and SCS... as good as a rejection
UCLA: Accepted
UCI: Accepted
UCSB: Accepted
UCR: Accepted
UCD: Accepted
USC: Accepted
UIUC: Accepted
University of Michigan: Accepted
University of Texas Austin: Accepted
Georgia Institute of Technology: Accepted
Cal Poly SLO: Accepted


I got waitlisted for CIT and SCS for CMU... From what I hear, they pretty much don't take any off their waitlists, so I'm not banking on CMU anymore at all.

I guess I'm appealing Berkeley... I have no idea where I'm going anymore.


Wow I'm really sorry you didn't get into cmu, I don't have the intel award and you have higher test scores =\
I remember my brother was an intel semifinalist and a siemens semifinalist as well and he eventually went to MIT...
kittencuddler
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3 Posts
March 28 2011 20:12 GMT
#495
On March 25 2011 08:39 Mephiztopheles1 wrote:
Well, might as well jump on this e-penis enlargement thread.

Accepted:
Oxford
Cambridge
LSE
Goldsmiths
Rejected:
UCL*

*Got accepted but never paid the new fee they are asking for applicants so

Anyone else going to the UK/London this year?

A bit late, but I'll be going either to UCL or Edinburgh this year. Congrats on all of your offers, that's excellent. ^^
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
March 28 2011 23:23 GMT
#496
CMU '15 (HSS, Waitlisted at CIT)

Though, its IS at HSS so I don't mind it either.
ppp
Kaminate
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States49 Posts
March 29 2011 01:34 GMT
#497
Applied and accepted to Digipen!
I need to stop thinking, Wow, this guy is a noob and start thinking, Where the hell is his proxy?
MASSivezTV
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States289 Posts
March 29 2011 01:35 GMT
#498
Monmouth University, New Jersey
Class of 2015
Major: Software Engineer
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
March 29 2011 01:40 GMT
#499
CMU (CIT) acceptance yay...

I guess everyone is waiting on 30th and 31st for ivy leagues?
:)
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
March 29 2011 01:42 GMT
#500
On March 29 2011 10:40 synapse wrote:
CMU (CIT) acceptance yay...

I guess everyone is waiting on 30th and 31st for ivy leagues?


Yeah, I'm really nervous for brown on the 30th............... Shiiiit
One does not simply walk into mordor
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 591
Larva 335
Leta 66
NaDa 48
TT1 23
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g10283
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King101
ViBE85
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1356
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota255
League of Legends
• Rush1125
• Lourlo839
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 40m
INu's Battles
7h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 40m
Replay Cast
18h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.