• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:57
CEST 04:57
KST 11:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8419 users

College Acceptance Thread '11 - Page 27

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 36 Next All
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
March 30 2011 04:42 GMT
#521
On March 30 2011 13:13 The_LiNk wrote:
Accepted into UofT Scarborough. Still waiting for St.George.

I'm relieved that I'm at least going into UofT.


Yeahhhh Scarboroughh. What program? Actually, what school are you at right now? UTSC is like 10 mins from my house driving. oO

The UofT acceptance letter is SO boring. So formal. Waterloo was like in huge letters, CONGRATULATIONS, on the front page and stuff. Very colourful. UofT is gray and text.

Gotta keep you in suspense~
There is no one like you in the universe.
alphafuzard
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1610 Posts
March 30 2011 05:03 GMT
#522
Accepted into...
UMass Amherst
Boston University
Carnegie Mellon University (woot woot)

Rejected from...
Northwestern University

Waitlisted from...
Vanderbilt University

Haven't heard back from...
Harvard (lol)
Dartmouth College

My stats are: GPA - 4.3, SAT - 2200
more weight
snorlax
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States755 Posts
March 30 2011 05:10 GMT
#523
going to southern oregon
The_LiNk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada863 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-30 06:54:46
March 30 2011 05:11 GMT
#524
On March 30 2011 13:42 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 13:13 The_LiNk wrote:
Accepted into UofT Scarborough. Still waiting for St.George.

I'm relieved that I'm at least going into UofT.


Yeahhhh Scarboroughh. What program? Actually, what school are you at right now? UTSC is like 10 mins from my house driving. oO

The UofT acceptance letter is SO boring. So formal. Waterloo was like in huge letters, CONGRATULATIONS, on the front page and stuff. Very colourful. UofT is gray and text.

Gotta keep you in suspense~


I logged into the join.utoronto.ca site and this giant pop up blocks the screen with big white text in size 32 font on grey background surrounded by (UofT) blue trim "Congratulation! You have been excepted into University of Toronto Scarborough - Management and Economics..."

Offer their hand out to me for a congratulatory handshake.

"...(Pre-program)"

Psych! Slaps me in the face.

I didn't get my letter yet. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad. I'm relieved though because I don't have to go to Ryerson or York but then I'm not guaranteed in the program. I finished last semester with 83 average (I got a 75 in 1 subject that I'm not having in my top 6 and my acceptances goes to shits).

Edit: Oh man, I feel so dumb. Even though it's says preprogram, it's the same as any other business school where you go into the business program in the 2nd year, just that there are a set of conditions I have to meet to guarantee a spot. I thought I'm got into a general arts program as an alternative or something.

University of Toronto! WOOOT!
kellymilkies
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore1393 Posts
March 30 2011 05:38 GMT
#525
So awesome. I just spent almost 2 hours reading the whole thread.
Wish I was in the US! Colleges sound so fun T.T
Wish I can experience the culture. Good luck everyone!

(And of course there are so many high GPA people in this forum. This is the lair of nerds / closer nerds all over the world <3<3)
Be the change you wish to see in the world ^-^V //
Loser777
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
1931 Posts
March 30 2011 05:41 GMT
#526
On March 30 2011 14:38 kellymilkies wrote:
So awesome. I just spent almost 2 hours reading the whole thread.
Wish I was in the US! Colleges sound so fun T.T
Wish I can experience the culture. Good luck everyone!

(And of course there are so many high GPA people in this forum. This is the lair of nerds / closer nerds all over the world <3<3)

College may be fun, but the college application and admissions experience is far from it.
6581
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 30 2011 06:27 GMT
#527
On March 30 2011 14:41 Loser777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 14:38 kellymilkies wrote:
So awesome. I just spent almost 2 hours reading the whole thread.
Wish I was in the US! Colleges sound so fun T.T
Wish I can experience the culture. Good luck everyone!

(And of course there are so many high GPA people in this forum. This is the lair of nerds / closer nerds all over the world <3<3)

College may be fun, but the college application and admissions experience is far from it.

Haha. And to think I'm applying to singapore management university!!
LilClinkin
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Australia667 Posts
March 30 2011 08:19 GMT
#528
I'm confused after reading a few posts from chinese people complaining about not being accepted to schools like Yale even with amazingly good grades. It's amazing to me that such good candidates would be knocked back purely on the basis of their ethnicity. Would this qualify as racism? If this is indeed true, I'm surprised these selection practices aren't subjected to public scrutiny.
kellymilkies
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore1393 Posts
March 30 2011 08:35 GMT
#529
On March 30 2011 15:27 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 14:41 Loser777 wrote:
On March 30 2011 14:38 kellymilkies wrote:
So awesome. I just spent almost 2 hours reading the whole thread.
Wish I was in the US! Colleges sound so fun T.T
Wish I can experience the culture. Good luck everyone!

(And of course there are so many high GPA people in this forum. This is the lair of nerds / closer nerds all over the world <3<3)

College may be fun, but the college application and admissions experience is far from it.

Haha. And to think I'm applying to singapore management university!!


...Dude... don't come to Singapore... It's Summer all the time, rains like crazy during September, rent is crazy, it's humid as hell...

Upside is: Food is good, great party lifestyle.

Other than that.. No... I want to get out so bad.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ^-^V //
Thunderflesh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States382 Posts
March 30 2011 13:32 GMT
#530
Accepted into Columbia Law School =D
You'll worry less about what people think about you when you realize how seldom they do.
Basileus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States103 Posts
March 30 2011 15:30 GMT
#531
Congratulations to all the great students in this thread! My thoughts are that if you are trying to get a job out of college, go to the best school that you can. If you are shooting for graduate school (in my case law school) your undergraduate university does not matter as much. Focus on getting at least reasonably good grades, doing extraordinary on the LSAT/ GRE / GMAT/ MCAT, and doing interesting EC to weave an compelling story that will set you apart from the other applicants. Here are my stats, sorry i'm not as smart.

LDAS GPA (basically a regular 4.0 scale, which my college used anyway) 3.83
LSAT: 166

Accepted:
Boston University
George Washington University
Loyola University Chicago (my undergraduate school)

Waitlisted:
Illinois
UCLA

Rejected:
Stanford (huge reach but w/e)
U Chicago
Northwestern
Georgetown

Still waiting:
USC
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
March 30 2011 15:30 GMT
#532
Grr.....5PM EST today......

May the Xel'Naga be with us.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
drag_
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England425 Posts
March 30 2011 15:46 GMT
#533
On March 30 2011 17:19 LilClinkin wrote:
I'm confused after reading a few posts from chinese people complaining about not being accepted to schools like Yale even with amazingly good grades. It's amazing to me that such good candidates would be knocked back purely on the basis of their ethnicity. Would this qualify as racism? If this is indeed true, I'm surprised these selection practices aren't subjected to public scrutiny.

It's more complicated that that - while high grades are one of the most important criteria that schools want, it's also important to take into account other things like extracurricular interests, what subjects students are likely going to major in and how they think they are going to interact with the university. It's important to maintain diversity as well, so there will be students who gain an advantage because of their background, and those who suffer. Unfortunately there's no perfect system
pandaburn
Profile Joined November 2010
United States89 Posts
March 30 2011 16:13 GMT
#534
Congratulations to everyone getting accepted anywhere! Competition for Universities is really absurd these days.

A bit of advice: Make sure you go somewhere where you feel comfortable. The Big Name, the low price, anything else you might consider is secondary to an environment that makes you feel like you can succeed.

And if anyone ends up in Cambridge Massachusetts for any reason... Lets have a LAN!
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
March 30 2011 20:24 GMT
#535
Hmm. Apparently if CMU puts you on the waitlist they still give you a financial aid estimate haha. Man. Now I really want to get into CMU..they gave me so much more money than anywhere else TT
Gracksaurusrex
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom171 Posts
March 30 2011 20:49 GMT
#536
I got offers from:
Swansea BBB
Portsmouth BCC
Plymouth CCC
Brighton BBC
Sussex ABB

My predicted grades are BBB
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
March 30 2011 21:31 GMT
#537
So I got waitlisted into Penn...
The website says decisions will be available beginning mid-May but I need to reply to UCLA by May 1. Does that mean if I apply to UCLA and get into Penn I cancel with UCLA? My chances don't seem very good with the tone of the letter though. "You should, however, secure a place at another institution prior to the May 1 reply date. "...
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
March 30 2011 21:38 GMT
#538
Got into Cornell!
Writer
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
March 30 2011 21:50 GMT
#539
Just got rejected from Tufts and brown.... =(
One does not simply walk into mordor
carloselcoco
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2302 Posts
March 30 2011 21:52 GMT
#540
On March 28 2011 18:32 Galgorthion wrote:
Accepted:
Carnegie Mellon (SCS and CIT)
Northwestern
KU (I live in Kansas lol)
UIllinois Urbana-Champaign
Wheaton(MA, I applied here as a joke, made up random stories for the essays)

Rejected:
MIT

Still waiting to hear back from:
UPenn
Duke
Cornell
Johns Hopkins



Today Duke will announce who got in! =D
http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/296431601 <------Suscribe! Casts in Spanish :) |||| http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/300285215<----- CSL: Before Sunday! Episode 3!
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 738
WinterStarcraft325
Mew2King93
ViBE93
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush613
• Lourlo425
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 3m
INu's Battles
9h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
Replay Cast
20h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.