• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8919 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 124

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 244 Next
Magnitoo
Profile Joined August 2011
Serbia125 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 12:09:28
December 17 2011 11:39 GMT
#2461
Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread but I'm just sooo lazy , can anyone recommend any good earphones (something I can carry around town, in the bus, during class, etc..) for a budget at around 100 bucks or so? (It can go a bit higher). Specifically I'm looking for something with good bass and with an overall crisp sound. I normally use the AKG K240 Studio Headphones for drumming (through an amp) and gaming, so I'm used to more finer sounds

Perhaps if anybody knows any good stores in Busan or Seoul where I can find such earphones?

Thanks.

EDIT: I did a little bit of research myself and decided for one of the four:

Etymotic hf5

Etymotic ER6i

Phonak Audéo PFE 012

klipsch image s4

Any recommendations?
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 12:35:07
December 17 2011 12:23 GMT
#2462
I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. I need these requirements:
- Good build quality
- Closed, not open
- Must be able to fold up; portability is important
- Obviously must sound decent
- Not on-ear headphones, like the B&W P5s, because I find them extremely uncomfortable.
- Around $200 USD max (probably buying from B&H since Australia is god awful in both selection and pricing)

The last pair of headphones I've used were the Sony MDR-V6s and I really enjoyed them. The only problem were the shrill highs which made them rather painful to listen for long stretches of time. I must be retarded but I don't exactly like the Audio Technica M50s; perhaps because these had been in a fridge (!!!!) and was listing to rather soft stuff from Sting but they didn't sound all too good compared to other monitors, like the KRK 6400.

I really like the KRK 6400s but they didn't feel really solid and they don't really fold up. I throw these headphones around and have to constantly pack them away so they must be build solidly.

If someone can link me to a source that sums up all of the best portable headphones, that would be appreciated!

Edit:
Music will be mostly be used for instrumental stuff or soft rock/pop.
Xiron
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1233 Posts
December 17 2011 12:48 GMT
#2463
On December 17 2011 20:39 Magnitoo wrote:
Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread but I'm just sooo lazy , can anyone recommend any good earphones (something I can carry around town, in the bus, during class, etc..) for a budget at around 100 bucks or so? (It can go a bit higher). Specifically I'm looking for something with good bass and with an overall crisp sound. I normally use the AKG K240 Studio Headphones for drumming (through an amp) and gaming, so I'm used to more finer sounds

Perhaps if anybody knows any good stores in Busan or Seoul where I can find such earphones?

Thanks.

EDIT: I did a little bit of research myself and decided for one of the four:

Etymotic hf5

Etymotic ER6i

Phonak Audéo PFE 012

klipsch image s4

Any recommendations?


Hi. I just decided to choose the Shure SE215 for my xmas present. They are 99€ and various tests and resources say that they are decently built, have great isolation and nice bass. Reviews also say that they lack top performance in the highs, but I think as I love bass and can live with 'not perfect' highs, I think I'm going to be happy with them.
"The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. " - Charlie Chaplin
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
December 17 2011 13:00 GMT
#2464
Magnitoo I can highly recommend these: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B003YKG2YQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324126747&sr=8-1

There was a thread on TL a while ago where they were on, for a brief period, very very good offer. But they seem to have gone down in price from their previous full price listing by quite abit.

Seriously they are amazing though, good bass, crisp clear sound, and extremely comfortable and well fitting
Adonai bless
Magnitoo
Profile Joined August 2011
Serbia125 Posts
December 17 2011 17:10 GMT
#2465
Thanks guys but I did a bit more research and I've decided to go for the VSONIC GR07 with either a FiiO E6 portable amp or an Electric Avenues PA2V2 amp.

Thanks anyways guys
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-17 22:44:07
December 17 2011 21:49 GMT
#2466
On December 17 2011 21:23 Womwomwom wrote:
I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. I need these requirements:
- Good build quality
- Closed, not open
- Must be able to fold up; portability is important
- Obviously must sound decent
- Not on-ear headphones, like the B&W P5s, because I find them extremely uncomfortable.
- Around $200 USD max (probably buying from B&H since Australia is god awful in both selection and pricing)

The last pair of headphones I've used were the Sony MDR-V6s and I really enjoyed them. The only problem were the shrill highs which made them rather painful to listen for long stretches of time. I must be retarded but I don't exactly like the Audio Technica M50s; perhaps because these had been in a fridge (!!!!) and was listing to rather soft stuff from Sting but they didn't sound all too good compared to other monitors, like the KRK 6400.

I really like the KRK 6400s but they didn't feel really solid and they don't really fold up. I throw these headphones around and have to constantly pack them away so they must be build solidly.

If someone can link me to a source that sums up all of the best portable headphones, that would be appreciated!

Edit:
Music will be mostly be used for instrumental stuff or soft rock/pop.


I wrote this in response to someone else, but I think a lot of it applies to you:
On December 15 2011 16:41 seiferoth10 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2011 15:06 Murkinlol wrote:
Hi guys, I don't know anything about headphones at all. For the holidays I'd like to treat myself to a decent pair $150-250 would be my budget. Any suggestions or websites with a lot of good info/comparisons?

I'm looking at the Sennheiser HD 598 model, they look really awesome but some people are saying they aren't quite at the noise cancellation level you'd expect for the price ($173 on amazon). They look so awesome though! But they don't come with a case, I'd be traveling a lot and I try to take care of all my expensive things, so I'd really like a cool case . What do you guys think?

Edit - I prefer indie rock, folk, some hip hop and electronic music.


You have LOADS of choices in that price range, so I'll fire off a few:

For a more neutral presentation (favoring indie rock and folk): Beyerdynamic T50p, Shure SRH840, Audio Technica ATH-ESW10 (or ESW9 if you can't find the 10s)
For a darker presentation (favoring hip hop and electronica): Senn HD25-1-II (these are extremely popular), AKG K181DJ, Ultrasone HFI780

Edit: A lot of them are reviewed in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-96-portable-headphones-reviewed-v-moda-m-80-added-11-27-11

Edit 2: For my personal opinion: if you can somehow find a pair of Beyerdynamic DT1350 in your price range (normally ~$300) they beat all the stuff I recommended, with the Senn HD25-I-II taking the second place recommendation at around ~$200.

Edit 3:

Good lord those blue HD25s are hot.

The only issue I can see is that the DT1350s cost $300 while the HD25s cost $200. For your music preferences the DT1350s are very much worth it as they are more analytical and neutral, while the HD25s are more "fun" (which means forward bass and treble, recessed mids). They're both very durable and have the fancy dancy system to adjust clamp force to what you want.

As for something cheaper, I'll get back to you on that.

Edit: These two are supraaural (on-ear). If you want circumaural (around ear), that's a pretty hard combination to find paired with portable capabilities.

Edit 2: I misread. The HD25-1-ii have a similar sound signature to the M50s, but only like half as intense, while the DT1350 are much more neutral compared to the M50s.While the HD25s are no slouch when it comes to midrange, the DT1350s really shine in the mid/high range, which is what is prominent in your music preference.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
December 17 2011 23:10 GMT
#2467
Shure SRH840 possibly? There's not that many headphones that fit that kind of description.
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 00:41:29
December 18 2011 00:30 GMT
#2468
Portable and circumaural are a bit of an oxymoron, so the choices are pretty sparse.

Shure SRH840
Beyerdynamic DT250-80ohm

Between those two it's a hard call. The Beyers can't fold up, the Shures can, otherwise they have a similar physical size. Beyer has velour pads, Shure has pleather pads. I'm pretty sure the Beyers have a sound signature closer to what you want than the Shures, which have a gigantic midbass hump (refer to picture). Shures isolate a little better than the Beyers.
[image loading]

Edit: The graph shows the 250 ohm version, the 80 ohm version has a little less roll off on the bass, otherwise it's the same.
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
December 18 2011 00:42 GMT
#2469
I know its kind of contradictory but when I'm wearing them, I don't mind the size. Portable just means they can fold up to a small enough size where I can then throw into the bag without a huge risk of them being crushed by everything else (scientific equipment is heavy).

I'll take a look at those two, if I can find them. Thanks!
Hufy
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada55 Posts
December 18 2011 00:43 GMT
#2470
I have the Razer Megalodon, I just love the 7.1. [image loading]
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 03:26:02
December 18 2011 02:39 GMT
#2471
On December 18 2011 09:42 Womwomwom wrote:
I know its kind of contradictory but when I'm wearing them, I don't mind the size. Portable just means they can fold up to a small enough size where I can then throw into the bag without a huge risk of them being crushed by everything else (scientific equipment is heavy).

I'll take a look at those two, if I can find them. Thanks!

If you narrow your requirements down to circumaural, closed and foldable (and don't care about size when on your head), then the following can also fit the bill.

Beyerdynamic DT660 - no clue
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro - no clue
Denon AH-D1100 - these are known for ridiculous amounts of bass
Shure SRH940 - these mellow out the gigantic midbass hump on the 840s

Edit: This is the only frequency graph I could find on the DT660:
[image loading]
Turns out they're pretty neutral.
Br3ezy
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States720 Posts
December 18 2011 02:40 GMT
#2472
I just got these headphones. What are your thoughts on it?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6807VC/A/Bowers-and-Wilkins-C5-In-Ear-Headphones?afid=p228|Google&cid=AOS-US-SHOPIP-Google
Check out my guide to mechanics http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=319876
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
December 18 2011 03:28 GMT
#2473
You know, I think HeadRoom is the only place showing a huge midbass hump for the SRH840. As always, raw FR data needs to be normalized, and different sites do it differently, but that's more regarding the treble.

See here:
http://doctorhead.ru/catalogue/?i=1162
http://www.geocities.jp/ryumatsuba/srh840.html
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/ShureSRH840.pdf


On December 18 2011 11:40 Br3ezy wrote:
I just got these headphones. What are your thoughts on it?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6807VC/A/Bowers-and-Wilkins-C5-In-Ear-Headphones?afid=p228|Google&cid=AOS-US-SHOPIP-Google

Never tried them, but B&W is generally overpriced for the sound and quality, but it's not like you get totally ripped off. Maybe the valuation is different as a fashion accessory. Seems like a product an Apple store would carry?

Here's at least one opinion:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-208-iems-compared-clear-tune-monitors-ctm-200-added-12-10-11
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-18 04:23:35
December 18 2011 03:38 GMT
#2474
Hmm, that's pretty weird. I know the general consensus says they're pretty neutral, but some owners on Headfi do notice a midbass hump, though maybe not as prominent as Headroom's graph would lead you to believe.

Edit: Anyway, I think we've narrowed it down to Shure SRH840, and Beyer DT660. They're all regarded as neutral in sound signature, and can fold and do all that jazz that you wanted.
Pinkie
Profile Joined May 2010
United States145 Posts
December 18 2011 04:32 GMT
#2475
On December 17 2011 16:59 Myrmidon wrote:

What kind of sax solos, which? I'm mildly familiar with some of the Bozza pieces, Glazunov concerto, Hindemith sonata, Milhaud Scaramouche, etc....but it's been years since I heard any of them. Just out of curiosity.


Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it even though you seem to dislike one of the headphones I was considering getting.

For Saxophone stuff I listen to all the stuff you mentioned, Bozza, Glazunov, Ibert, Maurice etc. I play sax so I like to listen to it quite a bit. I also like the jazz side of things such as Ellington, Coltrane, Parker, but right now I'm in a classical phase.

Would you be recommending that I also purchase an Amp along with whatever cans I get? I can budget in a little more for the amp but if I don't need one then I don't really want to get one.

The Difference between Stupidity and Genius, is that genius has its limits
Freeheals
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States488 Posts
December 18 2011 04:54 GMT
#2476
On December 17 2011 20:39 Magnitoo wrote:
Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread but I'm just sooo lazy , can anyone recommend any good earphones (something I can carry around town, in the bus, during class, etc..) for a budget at around 100 bucks or so? (It can go a bit higher). Specifically I'm looking for something with good bass and with an overall crisp sound. I normally use the AKG K240 Studio Headphones for drumming (through an amp) and gaming, so I'm used to more finer sounds

Perhaps if anybody knows any good stores in Busan or Seoul where I can find such earphones?

Thanks.

EDIT: I did a little bit of research myself and decided for one of the four:

Etymotic hf5

Etymotic ER6i

Phonak Audéo PFE 012

klipsch image s4

Any recommendations?


I have the image s4's

Great sound, but can get uncomfortable and are very sweaty for me, but i tend to sweat in the ears (and hands, for some reason Dx).
Overall, they are inexpensive and have lasted me 3 years no problems.
http://www.last.fm/user/Rahdek
TeaGreen
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada147 Posts
December 18 2011 05:01 GMT
#2477
On December 17 2011 22:00 XeliN wrote:
Magnitoo I can highly recommend these: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B003YKG2YQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324126747&sr=8-1

There was a thread on TL a while ago where they were on, for a brief period, very very good offer. But they seem to have gone down in price from their previous full price listing by quite abit.

Seriously they are amazing though, good bass, crisp clear sound, and extremely comfortable and well fitting


+1 to this.

Best in it's class/price range. Not only from my personal experience but generally speaking the UE 700 are praised.

I also have Klipsch X10s but I don't know too much about the S4s but physically they are similar and I'd just like to point out that if comfort is a big factor for you the Klipsch are hands down the best. They come with a selection of tips and if you choose the right ones, you literally don't feel anything in your ear. They also isolate better then any other IEM I have tried.
MattBarry
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4006 Posts
December 18 2011 05:28 GMT
#2478
I ordered the Grado Sr60i's and I received Grado Sr-80i's. How much better of a deal did I get?
Platinum Support GOD
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
December 18 2011 08:08 GMT
#2479
On December 18 2011 14:28 MattBarry wrote:
I ordered the Grado Sr60i's and I received Grado Sr-80i's. How much better of a deal did I get?

Well, you got 20 free "i"s, so that's good.

+ Show Spoiler +
But seriously, they're so close to each other in sound signature that it's hard to tell them apart. The biggest difference is the 60 has flat pads, the 80 has bowl pads.
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
December 18 2011 21:37 GMT
#2480
For those still looking, Amazon has the Denon D2000 in stock at.... retail price. That's pretty much the best it's gonna get because there seems to be a drought of them atm.
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech157
Nina 143
ViBE116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15003
Artosis 475
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever387
NeuroSwarm87
canceldota71
League of Legends
Doublelift3509
Counter-Strike
Fnx 994
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD43
Other Games
summit1g6829
FrodaN1083
shahzam528
C9.Mang0295
RotterdaM85
Mew2King28
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• RyuSc2 23
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1067
• Shiphtur623
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
16m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.