• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:37
CEST 05:37
KST 12:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9775 users

Fire Emblem - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 171 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-20 08:18:57
February 20 2016 08:16 GMT
#101
Conquest Lunatic gets REALLY silly near endgame (as in, people have restarted runs like 2 chapters from the end due to a certain segment that's near-impossible without a unit with specific skills).

+ Show Spoiler +

Basically, there's a Lunatic-only enemy skill called Negative Chain that allows Shuriken debuffs to stack, which causes some insanely stupid things to happen once you're fighting Master Ninja groups.
Moderator
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
February 20 2016 08:48 GMT
#102
The first time through Conquest, even on hard is comparable to the hardest difficulties in prior games. There are so many new mechanics and things to prepare for that you will probably continue to get destroyed until you've got a better understanding of the game.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
February 20 2016 17:20 GMT
#103
On Ch. 8 tried doing the Free Map DLC which has lvl 6/7 units. I don't know how you can make a strategy for the map besides bringing high lvl units. There is a two tile bride you can defend, but you have enemies spawning from the forts behind you. Even if you do block the bridge and your backline isn't getting destroyed the enemies will still swap your units into their army so even the guest units like Fredrick and Chrom get destroyed.
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
February 20 2016 19:50 GMT
#104
Did anyone tried the online ? It has some pretty features
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
February 20 2016 19:56 GMT
#105
Such as? I haven't tried the online features yet besides the dlc map.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-20 20:07:40
February 20 2016 19:56 GMT
#106
Online stuff is basically needed for forging weapons (well, ok, not needed per se since you can trade for other resources and build them up in the arena, but this is much easier, lol) and the BP/VP rewards are actually quite useful.

Though they should have called the Raider weapons Slim weapons because that's functionally kind of what they are, lol.

On February 21 2016 04:56 BlackMagister wrote:
Such as? I haven't tried the online features yet besides the dlc map.

You can visit people's My Castles and gather materials from their farm/mine (every player gets spawned with 1 resource, so this is the only way to reasonably gather materials other than your own). You can also use their arena or fight their Streetpass team.

Each visit gives you 2 VP, and battling them gives you 2 BP. Winning the battle gives you an extra +1. The BP/VP go toward rewards that are like the renown rewards from FE:A.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 20 2016 22:10 GMT
#107
On February 20 2016 17:16 TheYango wrote:
Conquest Lunatic gets REALLY silly near endgame (as in, people have restarted runs like 2 chapters from the end due to a certain segment that's near-impossible without a unit with specific skills).

+ Show Spoiler +

Basically, there's a Lunatic-only enemy skill called Negative Chain that allows Shuriken debuffs to stack, which causes some insanely stupid things to happen once you're fighting Master Ninja groups.

Looking forward to that...
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-21 03:41:22
February 21 2016 03:40 GMT
#108
Tried a little bit of online. Just visited some castles and picked on a weak Hoshido team. Freanking ninjas and their debuffs made the fight take a while. You don't exp just some base building rewards and support points. Visting other people's bases and getting their resource drops doesn't appear to have any limit. I guess I just need a list of people's castle info and their resources.

The AI seems better or at least different than previous games. They no longer attack units they have no chance of damaging which is annoying since your strong unit will need to initiate the attack on each of them or physically block their way to protect allies. I'm still not taking into account that enemies can pair attack, boss of the map is in a tiny room and doesn't move, but the archers would use pair attack with the boss to deal massive damage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-21 04:09:08
February 21 2016 04:05 GMT
#109
Enemies avoiding units they can't damage happened in earlier games too.

I'm not sure I'd say the AI is necessarily better, but I think their formations are better. There seems to have been quite a bit of thought on how enemy units cover each other and passive groups tend to aggro together rather than individually. Again, nothing terribly new, but a welcome sight given how Awakening had a lot of maps with really haphazard enemy placement and little attention to aggro patterns.

Guard Stance still seems to be the dominant strategy, but I've used Attack Stance chains in enough places that I'm ok with how things are now.
Moderator
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
February 21 2016 07:16 GMT
#110
The AI feels really inconsistent to me. For example sometimes they will break barriers to reach you and sometimes they will just do nothing and I can't figure out why.

Enemies allowed to dual attack/guard doesn't necessarily make the AI better, but it does give the map makers some options to throw threats at you without cluttering the map. I don't like the change that much personally because it makes dual guard a little too necessary, and it feels like I'm playing with half the characters.
yookstah
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia655 Posts
February 21 2016 07:38 GMT
#111
Coming to Australia when :X
"I'm saying that you are all the time aggressive. I say to you choose situations to be aggressive and not aggressive. I'm talking it" - Cooller
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-21 11:04:31
February 21 2016 11:03 GMT
#112
On February 21 2016 16:16 chocorush wrote:
I don't like the change that much personally because it makes dual guard a little too necessary, and it feels like I'm playing with half the characters.

I think that's more a problem of Pair Up bonus stats being way too strong still. Even disregarding the fact that Guard Stance negates enemy Attack Stances, the overall benefits of Guard Stance are usually stronger because of how big the Pair Up bonuses are for higher support ranks.

With a lot of the strong Pair Up fodder units like Rinkah or Charlotte, their Pair Up bonuses are far stronger than most reasonable dual attacks. Rinkah Pair Up at S-rank gives +5 Strength, and on a unit that can double reliably like Kaze or Ryouma, that's basically +10 damage--often comparable to a dual attack, and with the added defensive benefits as well.
Moderator
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
February 21 2016 15:32 GMT
#113
Offensively dual attack is still noticeably stronger as far as raw damage outout, since you get two moves in player phase that can both potentially dual attack. It's often hard to even take advantage of this because you end up taking too much damage in player phase with 1.5 counter attacks.

The ton of support fodder units is an aspect that I don't like from an aesthetic perspective. It feels silly bringing an almost deadweight character just to be paired up in the back for most of the game, but it is what it is.
yookstah
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia655 Posts
February 23 2016 02:59 GMT
#114
On February 22 2016 00:32 chocorush wrote:
Offensively dual attack is still noticeably stronger as far as raw damage outout, since you get two moves in player phase that can both potentially dual attack. It's often hard to even take advantage of this because you end up taking too much damage in player phase with 1.5 counter attacks.

The ton of support fodder units is an aspect that I don't like from an aesthetic perspective. It feels silly bringing an almost deadweight character just to be paired up in the back for most of the game, but it is what it is.


Sounds a lot like Awakening in that regard.
"I'm saying that you are all the time aggressive. I say to you choose situations to be aggressive and not aggressive. I'm talking it" - Cooller
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-23 04:06:30
February 23 2016 04:05 GMT
#115
It's not really the same. You didn't really statstick people in Awakening the way you do in Fates because pair-up stats and dual attack/guard scaled with the back unit's stats so your real powerhouse units were the result of pair-ups where you had both units trained. It's just that having paired units was pretty much always better.

In Fates you're kind of like 50/50 on pairs that have 2 trained characters vs. pairs that have 1 trained character and a statstick. The pairs that have both units trained function reasonably in both attack and guard stance so you do make use of attack stance for them a bit, even if Guard Stance is still the dominant strategy. It depends on the character--characters like Ryouma and Xander that ORKO reliably anyway and can EP-tank at 1-2 range are more likely to get a statstick partner because they never actually need the other character to do anything.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
February 23 2016 04:56 GMT
#116
Yangers how hard is it to flub a Konqwest Hard Mode run? I'm having fun and I like to think that I'm at least a competent Fire Emblem player but I've had to restart quite a bit so far. That being said, I don't think I've had to try a level more than 4 times. I think I'm like at chapter 10 right now.

Also I think the only archer that I've used that was great was Rebecca from FE7. Nemi was okay as well but she too quite a bit of investment and also FE8 lets you turn anyone into a god. I'm also going to mention that I have a huge soft spot for armor knights and that I love using them. The only time I didn't use an armor knight was in Awakening but that was because I really didn't like Kellam's character. Also the armor knight armor in that game just looked silly.

This leads me to my next tangent, I've been using EFFIE! and she's been great. I've think I've been lucky on the level ups but I'm not complaining.

Arthur reminds me of Kronk.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-23 05:08:21
February 23 2016 05:02 GMT
#117
Chapter 10's like where the shit gets real. A lot of people have been bitching super hard about it, so I feel like it's the gatekeeper for the route. If you can stay sane on chapter 10, you're probably in good shape to tough things out (its where lots of people have been dropping down to Normal).

Effie's amazing. You could be getting lucky, but you could also just be making good on her 80/50/55 Str/Skl/Spd growth. Like, it's par for the course for her speed to be good enough by promotion time that you don't bother with General because Defensive Formation is a useless skill.

It also helps that she recruits with Arthur who patches up all her problems (Arthur S-rank is like +6 Str/+2 Skl/+2 Spd which is perfect for her and hilarious with her personal) and has a fast support growth so you easily get one of the best kids on the route.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
February 23 2016 05:12 GMT
#118
Thanks for the response Yango.

Interesting note about chapter 10. I was so close to beating it as well but then everything fell apart on enemy phase 10.

Also I wasn't sure if I was going to push for a Arthur/Effie S-Support but now you've sold me.

I'll let you know if I tough it out or succumb to weakness.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 23 2016 07:09 GMT
#119
If anyone hears about EU release dates, feel free to post it here, it's the only thread I check about Fates

Pretty jealous on all you muricans playing already ~~
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
February 23 2016 07:21 GMT
#120
On February 23 2016 13:56 Frudgey wrote:
Yangers how hard is it to flub a Konqwest Hard Mode run? I'm having fun and I like to think that I'm at least a competent Fire Emblem player but I've had to restart quite a bit so far. That being said, I don't think I've had to try a level more than 4 times. I think I'm like at chapter 10 right now.

Also I think the only archer that I've used that was great was Rebecca from FE7. Nemi was okay as well but she too quite a bit of investment and also FE8 lets you turn anyone into a god. I'm also going to mention that I have a huge soft spot for armor knights and that I love using them. The only time I didn't use an armor knight was in Awakening but that was because I really didn't like Kellam's character. Also the armor knight armor in that game just looked silly.

This leads me to my next tangent, I've been using EFFIE! and she's been great. I've think I've been lucky on the level ups but I'm not complaining.

Arthur reminds me of Kronk.

Will > Rebecca
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings47
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
PiLiPiLi 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3421
ViBE140
Bale 28
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
Counter-Strike
taco 680
Other Games
summit1g6965
JimRising 634
WinterStarcraft439
C9.Mang0284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
BasetradeTV175
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP116
• practicex 25
• davetesta24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1101
• Shiphtur411
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 23m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 23m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.