• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:47
CEST 14:47
KST 21:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6805 users

Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - Page 70

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 103 Next
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 21:49:23
August 17 2014 17:55 GMT
#1381
Current players (5)
Skirm-Eriu
gTank-???
Shloober-Ulm
mahrgell-Abysia
Icapica-Bandar Log
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2669 Posts
August 17 2014 19:17 GMT
#1382
I don't care about the nation tbh ^^
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
lpunatic
Profile Joined October 2011
235 Posts
August 17 2014 21:40 GMT
#1383
Reposting: I'd like to play in TL4 as Bandar
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
August 17 2014 21:50 GMT
#1384
On August 18 2014 04:17 gTank wrote:
I don't care about the nation tbh ^^

Well youre going to have to pick something. :x
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
lpunatic
Profile Joined October 2011
235 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 04:56:24
August 18 2014 04:55 GMT
#1385
I'm lpunatic, not Icapica (it's a silent p)
Icapica
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland206 Posts
August 18 2014 11:15 GMT
#1386
Yeah, so the current list looks like:
Skirm: Eriu
gTank: ?
Shloober: Ulm
mahrgell: Abysia
Icapica: Marignon
Ipunatic: Bandar Log
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
August 18 2014 11:19 GMT
#1387
On August 18 2014 13:55 lpunatic wrote:
I'm lpunatic, not Icapica (it's a silent p)

Whoops.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2669 Posts
August 18 2014 13:57 GMT
#1388
If I had to pick, how about Jotunheim? Is it easy to play for a beginner?
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 15:10:56
August 18 2014 15:10 GMT
#1389
Jotunheim? Mmm, they're powerful sure, and they also have quite a number of options. Easy for a beginner? Well, depends on your playstyle I guess.

You can get in touch with myself or Kissblade if you want some dedicated coaching though. We'll both be more than happy to help you out.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
mahrgell
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany3943 Posts
August 18 2014 17:21 GMT
#1390
about kissblades dedicated coaching... He agreed to play my TLG4 nation for the time of my vacation in september So you maybe should not share everything :D
mahrgell
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany3943 Posts
August 18 2014 17:57 GMT
#1391
Also, I think every remaining player in TLG2 has agreed to declare Ulm the winner. So this game should be over now.

entropius
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1046 Posts
August 18 2014 18:08 GMT
#1392
I was about to say ... well, I'll either win in this next turn, or not, and we'll see who is best able to handle Burden of Time (probably not me!). If you guys are conceding, I've got prophet + pretender sitting on the thrones I need for victory, so it should be one more turn (and then we can see scoregraphs etc.)

I'm quite surprised the ladies of Ulm did as well as they did, honestly -- I was prepared for a much tougher slog.
Icapica
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland206 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 18:24:34
August 18 2014 18:13 GMT
#1393
We should really have started a war against you much, much earlier. Oh well. It was fun anyway, though I feel like I didn't do much.

Edit - But anyway, I'm totally fine with doing one more turn. I want to see those graphs.
entropius
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1046 Posts
August 18 2014 18:30 GMT
#1394
Yeah, I was sort of expecting Yomi/Sauro troops to come pouring in, although honestly I think TC was stronger than me overall up until our battle.

I was quite worried about fighting Sauro before getting a bit more research done, since I couldn't risk using my pretender against him because of magic duel, and he was my only antimagic caster until I found some indies that could do it.

Icapica, you spent most of your resources fighting TC, no?
Icapica
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland206 Posts
August 18 2014 18:31 GMT
#1395
Well that war was really short. I should have abandoned the entire idea and joined you in the war against Mictlan. I think that way I'd have gotten bigger than I did and you'd have stayed a little less huge.
entropius
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1046 Posts
August 18 2014 18:48 GMT
#1396
Final turn submitted.

Yeah, the war vs. Mictlan was my first real MP war, and I wasn't expecting it to be as easy as it was; ironically the only two reasonably-sized battles were of my secondary force against two big stacks of jaguars, but I had enough magic there to win both. I would have definitely welcomed the help against him, and you could have gotten some land. Still, those calls are so much easier to make in retrospect...

EA Machaka looks interesting. Not quite sure what to make of Boudas -- they have so many fantastic abilities, and yet they hose your dominion and unrest...
Icapica
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland206 Posts
August 18 2014 19:07 GMT
#1397
Unrest is easy to deal with since Machaka will always have Order 3 anyway. Just have some few units patrolling there and it should take care of that even if you have a lot of boudas. Heresy might be a bit more of a problem, but I had multiple boudas in a province with 7 or 8 Dominion and a temple and they never seemed to get it down. The higher the dominion is, the harder it is to lower.
lpunatic
Profile Joined October 2011
235 Posts
August 18 2014 21:40 GMT
#1398
I dramatically underestimated Ulm's magic, which basically lost me the war in one big fight. I think I could have gone much further saccing a fort and pushing into Ulm's territory while avoiding that big fight, but I think I still would have lost in the end because I was having a lot of trouble massing units. I had a force that was highly effective in small to medium engagements but a bit weak in big ones. Ulm made better use of his mages than me - I had tons of 1D mages that I just didn't know what to do with, and my flying raiding parties weren't strong enough and died too often.

I also think a big mistake was accepting a peace offer with Icapica and going after Ermor. It left me diplomatically isolated and meant my forces were committed to war for a few turns longer, which was part of the problem when Ulm attacked.
entropius
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1046 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-19 00:26:54
August 19 2014 00:18 GMT
#1399
On August 19 2014 06:40 lpunatic wrote:
I dramatically underestimated Ulm's magic, which basically lost me the war in one big fight. I think I could have gone much further saccing a fort and pushing into Ulm's territory while avoiding that big fight, but I think I still would have lost in the end because I was having a lot of trouble massing units. I had a force that was highly effective in small to medium engagements but a bit weak in big ones. Ulm made better use of his mages than me - I had tons of 1D mages that I just didn't know what to do with, and my flying raiding parties weren't strong enough and died too often.

I also think a big mistake was accepting a peace offer with Icapica and going after Ermor. It left me diplomatically isolated and meant my forces were committed to war for a few turns longer, which was part of the problem when Ulm attacked.


That probably would have paid off for you, as it would have given you time to pull your guys back from Ermor. I figured that a midgame war would likely be in my favor, since I've got the same mages cap and non-cap, while your fantastic cap-only mages would decline in importance as we both got more forts -- until you really got your summons rolling. Machaka told me he gave you a bunch of gems as tribute, so that prospect worried me. Incidentally, in the turn of our battle I was able to mapmove-2 my pretender and about 20 more mages in from Mictlan's land, which is why there might have been more magic there than expected.

I think ghostgrip spam on your D1's is about the best they can do, but I watched the battle again and noticed that about a half-dozen of them got clobbered by an archer volley early in the fight. I'm not sure what to think about Ulm's armored mages; on the one hand they cost resources and have nasty spellcasting fatigue, but on the other they can shrug off arrows/random bladewind projectiles/rain of stones.

Here's the battle video, incidentally:

KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
August 19 2014 00:43 GMT
#1400
On August 19 2014 06:40 lpunatic wrote:
I dramatically underestimated Ulm's magic, which basically lost me the war in one big fight. I think I could have gone much further saccing a fort and pushing into Ulm's territory while avoiding that big fight, but I think I still would have lost in the end because I was having a lot of trouble massing units. I had a force that was highly effective in small to medium engagements but a bit weak in big ones. Ulm made better use of his mages than me - I had tons of 1D mages that I just didn't know what to do with, and my flying raiding parties weren't strong enough and died too often.

I also think a big mistake was accepting a peace offer with Icapica and going after Ermor. It left me diplomatically isolated and meant my forces were committed to war for a few turns longer, which was part of the problem when Ulm attacked.


Tien Chi S&A late game has very good battlefield wide evo's that are incredibly hard to defend against. Boosters/Empowers are things you shouldn't be too stingy on with them. D1's are great ghost grip spammers but also you want master of the ways to assist with summoning vitrols/water demons, etc. You had lizards so communions are probably the best mid game scenario. You actually have the stronger late game due to how much gems EA TC gets thanks to it's site searching and the fact that their sacreds scale as one of the best late game sacreds. IMO your main issue was committing to a bad fight from the looks of it because you basically just got outmaged which is what mid game fights mostly come down to. You also had very little archers that fight for EA TC especially since EA TC is an archer nation. Wind guide + Flaming arrows + 100 archers would've made a really big difference that fight for obvious reasons.
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings215
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 600
SHIN 123
Railgan 57
MindelVK 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69293
Calm 11325
Rain 2444
Bisu 1713
FanTaSy 822
Stork 570
Shuttle 520
soO 517
Rush 286
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Snow 218
firebathero 214
Last 169
Light 95
Mind 91
Pusan 72
Sharp 64
hero 47
ToSsGirL 44
Bale 37
Free 36
Trap 36
Mong 33
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 24
zelot 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sacsri 14
Sexy 13
Noble 13
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8723
Dendi837
Counter-Strike
fl0m1717
byalli1023
x6flipin502
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns38746
singsing2216
B2W.Neo654
Pyrionflax257
Trikslyr40
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 87
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 5
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV490
League of Legends
• Jankos3099
• Nemesis2458
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1312
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 13m
OSC
10h 13m
Replay Cast
10h 13m
OSC
23h 13m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.