• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:08
CEST 16:08
KST 23:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7123 users

MLP: Minecraft - Page 26

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 48 Next All
If you're going to troll in this thread, at least be creative about it.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
February 01 2012 12:55 GMT
#501
The 1.1 update did some weird stuff to the biomes near town. You'll see it past StarDragon's sky den; it appears to have become a taiga-like biome complete with icy rivers. Thing is, I don't know for sure how to fix this, or if it's even possible.

If anyone has any experience with this, let me know. I'll work on it some tomorrow.
TL+ Member
jordenjames88
Profile Joined December 2011
9 Posts
February 01 2012 12:59 GMT
#502
On February 01 2012 21:55 Aylear wrote:
The 1.1 update did some weird stuff to the biomes near town. You'll see it past StarDragon's sky den; it appears to have become a taiga-like biome complete with icy rivers. Thing is, I don't know for sure how to fix this, or if it's even possible.

If anyone has any experience with this, let me know. I'll work on it some tomorrow.


I know why it's happened, but not how to fix it. The 1.1 update changed the code of some of the biomes, changing most of the biomes into new ones. However, this doesn't effect blocks that are already there, so it is only visible with snow biomes either appearing or dissapearing. It should be happening all over the map.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
February 01 2012 13:40 GMT
#503
On February 01 2012 21:59 jordenjames88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 21:55 Aylear wrote:
The 1.1 update did some weird stuff to the biomes near town. You'll see it past StarDragon's sky den; it appears to have become a taiga-like biome complete with icy rivers. Thing is, I don't know for sure how to fix this, or if it's even possible.

If anyone has any experience with this, let me know. I'll work on it some tomorrow.


I know why it's happened, but not how to fix it. The 1.1 update changed the code of some of the biomes, changing most of the biomes into new ones. However, this doesn't effect blocks that are already there, so it is only visible with snow biomes either appearing or dissapearing. It should be happening all over the map.


Indeed. The general consensus is that there's no way to fix this - it's a part of core Minecraft and the way it handles seeds. We just got unlucky that there happened to be a snow biome right there, just waiting to appear in 1.1.

Stupid god damned coding.
TL+ Member
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
February 01 2012 14:06 GMT
#504
Clearly the windigos are to blame!
Moderator
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
February 01 2012 16:17 GMT
#505
Installing mine little pony 1.1 causes the game to not run properly. I get a blank screen after I log in and nothing happens at all >_<. Anyone have any ideas?
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Zoundsforsook
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Scotland636 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-01 17:02:11
February 01 2012 17:00 GMT
#506
I had the same thing, I just completely reinstalled minecraft and the Mine little pony mod and it worked.
Paint it bright and bold.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
February 01 2012 17:13 GMT
#507
Set the entire biome area as a region, remove all snow/ice, and set it to prevent new snow/ice formation. It won't change the actual biome but it will make it function as it did in 1.0, save for which type of tree grows and perhaps a few other minor details.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
February 01 2012 21:15 GMT
#508
Note to earth ponies: Lava furnaces you have already constructed are not active even if the sign says so. You must fix the glass position if needed and replace the sign to re-activate them.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
February 01 2012 23:28 GMT
#509
WTB our spells back.

We unicorns feel like weak, lame humans. >_<.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
TimeLordPony
Profile Joined January 2012
17 Posts
February 02 2012 00:05 GMT
#510
On February 02 2012 08:28 Whitewing wrote:
WTB our spells back.

We unicorns feel like weak, lame humans. >_<.


I second this motion
Srsishere
Profile Joined December 2011
United States41 Posts
February 02 2012 18:09 GMT
#511
Hey guys, ya know that top secret present project thingy?
Well I'm almost half way done! :D
*Flutteryay*
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
February 02 2012 18:53 GMT
#512
On February 02 2012 09:05 TimeLordPony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2012 08:28 Whitewing wrote:
WTB our spells back.

We unicorns feel like weak, lame humans. >_<.


I second this motion


Read more books you lazy punks!

Kids these days...
TL+ Member
Pigsquirrel
Profile Joined August 2009
United States615 Posts
February 02 2012 23:19 GMT
#513
Please do NOT add teleporters to the hub without clearance
Especially if the target is within eyesight of the hub... ("Cathedral Site")
Also, rather than building a new pad (on top of the entryway), claim a pad labelled "UNCLAIMED".
I will eventually add another level to it with more pads.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
February 03 2012 01:49 GMT
#514
On February 03 2012 08:19 Pigsquirrel wrote:
Please do NOT add teleporters to the hub without clearance
Especially if the target is within eyesight of the hub... ("Cathedral Site")
Also, rather than building a new pad (on top of the entryway), claim a pad labelled "UNCLAIMED".
I will eventually add another level to it with more pads.


Yeah, no.

It's not your hub. You're just building it, or rather, converting one of your idle projects to this purpose. The Arcane Hub is town centric, and in fact if there is a "WORLD" community project, this is it -- this is everyone's.

I also told you, the whole place needs a redesign anyway, and you agreed, so what do you care? It's all temporary anyway. And the only person to have been adding teleporters up there besides you, as far as I know, is me, and we talked about this in-game, so... what's the problem?
TL+ Member
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
February 03 2012 01:49 GMT
#515
Yeah that was Cane and myself we're working on importing the Cathedral which will be the first actual Megaproject on the server. You put that up and offered it to the community without ever saying that everything should be cleared with you first. We put it up as a temporary thing then found out that it was gone. Maybe if you wanted it to be specifically your project you should specify that.

The reason it was put there was because I will literally be moving 40k+ blocks over there in the next few days and without a teleporter it would take me all of said time just to do that so we put it in your hub instead of randomly in town.
Srsishere
Profile Joined December 2011
United States41 Posts
February 03 2012 12:55 GMT
#516
Does anyone want to see apreview of my big awesometastic project thingy?
*trying and failing to make conversation*
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
February 03 2012 16:25 GMT
#517
YES SAM WE WANT TO SEE IT.

SHOW IT TO USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssss.


+ Show Spoiler +
Please :D
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
February 03 2012 18:09 GMT
#518
Hi folks,

This concerns all of you, so read it.

I've temporarily deactivated a couple more things in mcMMO until I can go over them with the Shadowbolts. In the meantime, let me explain the situation and put things up to a vote. I will give my take on it, and if you disagree, then I'll relent. Either way, we'll move things forward based on whatever decision we come to -- but one has to be made.

mcMMO got added to the game for one reason and one reason only: To give Earth Ponies the ability to repair items. It is, quite literally, the only available repair mod that does even remotely what we would want it to do. All the other stuff, including the levelling mechanic of various skills, is at best a bonus and at worst a problem. Having such a system means people might get bored and deface a landscape in order to train excavation, even if there's little benefit in doing so since I've already removed most of the active bonuses.

In fact, here's what isn't in the game at all, and hasn't been since I installed this:

  • Axes skill (axes one-hit kills absolutely everything at high levels)
  • Unarmed ability: Berserk (cooldown, increasing duration per level, insta-breaks weaker blocks like grass, dirt, glass)
  • Excavation ability: Giga Drill Breaker (same as above, also for dirt/grass/etc)
  • Mining ability: Super Breaker (same as above, for stone/ore blocks)
...and now...
  • Fishing skill
...because the "Shake" ability, which SHOULD be on a cooldown like everything else, isn't. Stock up on fishing poles and hit creepers for a gunpowder drop every second. My removing of this skill is what caused Bloody to ragequit earlier today (and for that I am sorry, Bloody), but this is game-breaking.

There are problems with each of the skills, too - high chance of double drops for mining in conjunction with fortune 3, random drops of random items for excavation. Unarmed is still useless and is only there to level up your e-peen. Everything takes so long to level that what should have been seen as bonuses for specific classes instead turned out to be a grind.

The only things I don't have a problem with are repair, woodcutting, herbalism, and to a lesser extent (and because I haven't tried it too much), taming. And all but the last are earth pony stuff and were added for them specifically. And even then, I would personally rather give them exclusive rights to these skills and just manually set their skills to master so that they can actually use them as intended. Swords, archery, unarmed, freaking acrobatics, all take forever to level and give tiny bonuses, meaning people just grind them all day instead of building stuff.

Personally, I would rather give earth ponies exclusive rights to mining (for potential double drops, as that was the intent all along), repair, herbalism, woodcutting, and possibly acrobatics (depending on vote), and I would either give them taming, or give everyone taming, or remove it completely. There would be no active skills, only the passive ones acquired from being master in these skills (good repair ability, with a decent chance of preserving enchantment; better mining of ore; higher yield for woodcutting; chance to dodge attacks and not take so much fall damage with acrobatics). All the rest would be gone. I would remove levelling if possible, and (also if possible; not sure) there would be no /mctop.


On the flip side, I want people to have fun. And I realize people find enjoyment in this game from different venues. So for all of my gripes, I'm willing to leave it in if the vast majority of people want to see it. If you want to keep mcMMO as it is, or with minor changes, please tell me why.

Like I said, this concerns you.

I'll be talking about this with the Shadowbolts today (Shadowbolts, consider the signal activated). For now, have a poll.

Poll: Changing mcMMO

Fixed class bonuses only (as specified in my post) (8)
 
67%

I'm overreacting - simply remove any problem skills like fishing (3)
 
25%

Remove mcMMO completely (1)
 
8%

Keep it as it is / minor changes (0)
 
0%

12 total votes

Your vote: Changing mcMMO

(Vote): Fixed class bonuses only (as specified in my post)
(Vote): Keep it as it is / minor changes
(Vote): I'm overreacting - simply remove any problem skills like fishing
(Vote): Remove mcMMO completely



For what it's worth, I'm sorry for adding this plugin without asking first, and specifying any problems. I did my best to remove the obviously glaring issues with it, but more remain that I couldn't foresee due to my lack of experience with these things. Our server is also unique, thematically, which brought about a host of problems unique to us.

So, sorry for messing up on this one, and for pissing Bloody off in this manner. Shouldn't have happened and it's on my shoulders.
TL+ Member
BioSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States636 Posts
February 03 2012 18:47 GMT
#519
Personally, I have no problems with MCmmo. I enjoy the added things it gives, even if it involves me basejumping off of the portal platform for an hour or two while i watch streams. I personally don't build things 24.7 while on Minecraft, and having something to do that isn't Mining or Crafting (odd, I know) is awesome and adds to the reasons I keep coming back. Now, the broken crap, like what you stated about creepers dropping unlimited gunpowder, yeah, that needs to go.

I don't like giving Earth Ponies all the MCmmo abilites and not any of the other classes. Mining buffs and repair skill is an amazing buff to that class, and I agree. But having only them with the skills in MCmmo is kinda meh to me. I would get over it, of course, it's not that huge of a deal, but It's still something to think about. Just my 2 bits.

Also (Off Topic) - Is there any discussion on buffs to enchanting for unicorns? Magic, after all, is our thing, and I was wondering if there could be any way to make it easier/more unique way to acquire enchantments for Unicorns. EXP farming is kind of silly when we have a framework for magic in the game already =D
Bio - Breaking it down
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
February 03 2012 19:08 GMT
#520
On February 04 2012 03:47 BioSC wrote:
Personally, I have no problems with MCmmo. I enjoy the added things it gives, even if it involves me basejumping off of the portal platform for an hour or two while i watch streams. I personally don't build things 24.7 while on Minecraft, and having something to do that isn't Mining or Crafting (odd, I know) is awesome and adds to the reasons I keep coming back. Now, the broken crap, like what you stated about creepers dropping unlimited gunpowder, yeah, that needs to go.

I don't like giving Earth Ponies all the MCmmo abilites and not any of the other classes. Mining buffs and repair skill is an amazing buff to that class, and I agree. But having only them with the skills in MCmmo is kinda meh to me. I would get over it, of course, it's not that huge of a deal, but It's still something to think about. Just my 2 bits.

Also (Off Topic) - Is there any discussion on buffs to enchanting for unicorns? Magic, after all, is our thing, and I was wondering if there could be any way to make it easier/more unique way to acquire enchantments for Unicorns. EXP farming is kind of silly when we have a framework for magic in the game already =D


Hmm.

What if there was a way to "train" your magic skills by expending mana to cast a spell which simply conjures experience orbs? This shouldn't be that hard to add, and goes towards the studious practice of magic displayed in the show. "Hey look, I made something cool happen, I now know how to do X."
TL+ Member
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 48 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 258
MaxPax 211
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65027
Calm 4196
Shuttle 3097
Bisu 1835
FanTaSy 1555
EffOrt 736
Mini 638
Soma 479
Rush 440
Stork 347
[ Show more ]
Light 273
firebathero 247
Hyuk 244
Snow 215
ZerO 170
Soulkey 133
Barracks 112
actioN 111
Killer 83
Zeus 81
hero 69
Dewaltoss 63
Sea.KH 59
Mong 53
Pusan 52
Last 46
Hyun 41
Shinee 39
Bale 33
Free 31
ToSsGirL 30
Shine 28
Yoon 24
PianO 21
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
zelot 20
sorry 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 12
Sacsri 9
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7380
Dendi841
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1262
kRYSTAL_104
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko435
crisheroes310
Other Games
gofns54145
singsing2157
B2W.Neo755
hiko428
DeMusliM267
byalli258
Hui .190
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX150
Mew2King84
Rex49
ZerO(Twitch)13
Trikslyr5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV244
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1701
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 7m
Replay Cast
8h 52m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.