• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:59
CEST 10:59
KST 17:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6660 users

Beware, Fishes. - Page 9

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 17 Next All
InToTheWannaB
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4770 Posts
May 16 2005 11:15 GMT
#161
Dude just keep doing what your doing play tight and when u hit a flop push it hard. You would be supprised just how many nuts are just dieing to give you there money. People will call looking for crap often. Just a matter of time.
When the spirit is not altogether slain, great loss teaches men and women to desire greatly, both for themselves and for others.
Casper...
Profile Joined October 2002
Liberia4948 Posts
May 16 2005 11:26 GMT
#162
On May 16 2005 19:48 MPXMX wrote:
Hm, sorry about using this thread for this but it's already on top and it's about poker
Maybe someone can say something insightful

I've just started playing .. 0.01/0.02 NL mostly
I'm having trouble with the following situation: I join a table where about 2/3 of people all play very loose. They play at least until flop like 80% of the time. I hear it's a good idea to fold a lot and play good cards. Since they are all playing lose they notice me quickly and when I act with good cards they fold and i collect tiny pots. And if I don't play good cards I tend to lose because, well, they are bad cards, and rarely does everyone fold and somebody likely DOES have good cards.

What's a good way to go about in dealing with players like this? I'm sure they aren't very common at higher stakes but meanwhile...


so long as ur tighter and smarter than the table u'll win
open up your limp and raise range
JAM THE FUCKER!
Casper...
Profile Joined October 2002
Liberia4948 Posts
May 16 2005 11:26 GMT
#163
not huge amounts, just enough that you get consistent action
JAM THE FUCKER!
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7659 Posts
May 16 2005 11:59 GMT
#164
when I am playing poker for JUST CASH versus improving my all around game I (althought I hate it) play tight aggressive... when I notice someone using my prefered style I can realize ... well fuck i am smart enough to get away from a tight aggressive player when I am just pushing money around... so how can I get money out of them .... DON'T PLAY tight aggressive.... every few hands even if your catching 10/9, 10/8 . 4,5 (SUITED ONLY) put in a solid raise ... (NOTE: ten/8 suited has a 21% of beating Rockets before the flop, and since pocket pairs fair no better I say push those fuckers)
that way you are playing more then 10-15% of pots .. maybe you'll go up to 15-18% and be able to get more action AND pick up blinds with nothing
Which is really the same as playing loose aggressive except you get tangled up in situations where you hit and they hit better alot more when loose aggressive... I say poker is about being subtle , but if you are tight aggressive, AKA not subtle then you have to make plays.... for more information on the different levels of thinking in colliding styles just ask .... this is one of my favorite areas of poker.

GL!
MPXMX
Profile Joined December 2002
Canada4309 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-05-16 12:02:00
May 16 2005 12:00 GMT
#165
I know a lot of poker terms nwo, but what's "opening up my limp"?

Also is there a point to not posting blinds besides saving money?
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7659 Posts
May 16 2005 12:02 GMT
#166
he ment limp in , aka call with more hands

and raise with a wider variety of hands ... read my above post for how I think you could go about this.
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7659 Posts
May 16 2005 12:07 GMT
#167
not posting blinds saves no money

you either have to pay it on your next hand, and some sites you make you pay for a dead small blind also, or wait until the button passes you and pay it in a late postion ....

When you get to a table wait until you are REALY in the big blind before you pay it, take those few hands and write some notes, mentaly or literally about what you see , what they do, how much they have, what there name could mean ,,,. how much is a "standard raise to them" take all that in before you ever play a hand and I promise you will make smarter decisions then if you did not ...
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
May 16 2005 12:42 GMT
#168
Poker's just too risky for me. Perhaps when I'm twenty five and have a life, job, girlfriend/wife, maybe. From your post you admitted that things could've easily gone badly if luck had screwed you. I just wouldn't be able to risk that.
scrapperdog
Profile Joined August 2003
United States779 Posts
May 16 2005 12:55 GMT
#169
On May 16 2005 20:26 Casper... wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2005 19:48 MPXMX wrote:
Hm, sorry about using this thread for this but it's already on top and it's about poker
Maybe someone can say something insightful

I've just started playing .. 0.01/0.02 NL mostly
I'm having trouble with the following situation: I join a table where about 2/3 of people all play very loose. They play at least until flop like 80% of the time. I hear it's a good idea to fold a lot and play good cards. Since they are all playing lose they notice me quickly and when I act with good cards they fold and i collect tiny pots. And if I don't play good cards I tend to lose because, well, they are bad cards, and rarely does everyone fold and somebody likely DOES have good cards.

What's a good way to go about in dealing with players like this? I'm sure they aren't very common at higher stakes but meanwhile...


so long as ur tighter and smarter than the table u'll win
open up your limp and raise range


Instead of this I would recomend having a standard bet. That way people dont know if you have trips or a draw. I use this a lot if I am not getting enough action. What I mean is instead of betting huge when you flop trips, a smaller amount when you hit top pair, and a large amount with 2 pair just bet the same amount on the flop no matter what you have assuming you have a playable hand. This leaves them guessing and invites action into the turn and river, where you now no longer use the standard bet.
Yes I am one of the Billions that hovz speaks about
HiFi
Profile Joined February 2004
United States518 Posts
May 16 2005 13:05 GMT
#170
this thread made me see lot of different perspective in life.

and yes Rekrul your life is just so very interesting you could write a book about it.
dont spam ya apm, no good 4 ya health
NeverEndingStory
Profile Joined February 2005
446 Posts
May 16 2005 13:38 GMT
#171
It would be very nice reading.Maybe sb can convince him to do it ? ; )
Playing pokah
Dirk
Profile Joined May 2003
United States1339 Posts
May 16 2005 19:52 GMT
#172
Very interesting story from my perspective considering alot of what you wrote I can relate to. I am in college right now and always used to play poker casually, thought I was good just because i beat my friends etc etc. I had played online poker on and off but never made any real money online. I became interested in playing again once receiving email about party poker's reload bonus. I actually began reading more about how to play and talking to other successful players I knew online. Started learning how to actually play the game and have been able to turn my $50 deposit into about 14k in the past 2months. The real test will be to see if I can continue being a winner player since 2 months is not long to judge, but I certainly have not been on some amazing streak of luck which makes me confident i'll be able to continue... ive actually had 4 pretty brutal losing streaks and was able to stay cool and bounce back. Guess i'll see how things turn out since summer is coming up and i no longer will have to be bothered with school work.
Dont confuse me wit these suckas... cuz when I spit, you here more OOOs than a skip to my lou move.. at the ruckers - Lloyd Banks
Dirk
Profile Joined May 2003
United States1339 Posts
May 16 2005 20:07 GMT
#173
Also, this post made me realize that I may be mis leading alot of my friends who talk to me on AIM about my poker winnings. When I show them a big hand or talk to them about a nice run... i pretty much am giving them only the good side of poker which definitely is misleading. I've had 12 friends total in the past 2 months that have started playing poker online after hearing about my winnings (most of them played poker with me in live games and at one point or another had tried online but then quit because they thought it was 'rigged'). Because of this i stopped talking about profit and nice hands altogether because I don't want to feel guilty about them losing money online. I damn sure couldnt make money when i first started playing and didnt even realize the type of strategy and thinking that goes on... but when I finally did it was more of "jesus christ i never knew it was this deep, no wonder i couldnt fucking win".
Dont confuse me wit these suckas... cuz when I spit, you here more OOOs than a skip to my lou move.. at the ruckers - Lloyd Banks
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
May 16 2005 22:21 GMT
#174
On May 16 2005 21:42 -_- wrote:
Poker's just too risky for me. Perhaps when I'm twenty five and have a life, job, girlfriend/wife, maybe. From your post you admitted that things could've easily gone badly if luck had screwed you. I just wouldn't be able to risk that.

when you have a job/wife it'll be prime-time for disasters.
Administrator
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
May 16 2005 23:07 GMT
#175
Exactly what harm can poker do when you have no bills to pay, but if you live on your own and even have a family well then...
X)Benny
Profile Joined October 2002
France1270 Posts
May 17 2005 00:06 GMT
#176
On May 13 2005 11:22 X)Benny wrote:
I don't understand how it is possible to make so much money from poker. The money you make, some people must be losing it. Even if you consider that a lot of little loses combine to a few big profits, how can there be so many people losing so much money alltogether???

So, who is gonna answer that??
The two who tried so far (imRadu and PvTguillo, p.4) clearly missed the point.
Chibi[OWNS]
Profile Joined May 2003
United Kingdom10597 Posts
May 17 2005 00:08 GMT
#177
--- Nuked ---
MPXMX
Profile Joined December 2002
Canada4309 Posts
May 17 2005 00:17 GMT
#178
If they missed the point mabye you'd like to clarify it, Benny?
lurendreieren
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway59 Posts
May 17 2005 00:22 GMT
#179
On May 17 2005 09:06 X)Benny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2005 11:22 X)Benny wrote:
I don't understand how it is possible to make so much money from poker. The money you make, some people must be losing it. Even if you consider that a lot of little loses combine to a few big profits, how can there be so many people losing so much money alltogether???

So, who is gonna answer that??
The two who tried so far (imRadu and PvTguillo, p.4) clearly missed the point.


The answer is most people don't make a lot of money from poker, so they lie to justify their playing it.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
May 17 2005 00:41 GMT
#180
tons of people regularly lose, just not a lot, and it slowly gets filtered up to the top limits?

and then there are a few that lose A LOT
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4138
Leta 2815
Soulkey 546
Soma 338
Rush 217
Barracks 153
Killer 61
Shine 34
Shinee 34
Hm[arnc] 25
[ Show more ]
Sharp 14
Dota 2
Gorgc1405
XcaliburYe195
League of Legends
JimRising 519
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns4916
WinterStarcraft705
Sick205
Pyrionflax137
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 40
• 3DClanTV 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2265
League of Legends
• Jankos2274
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 1m
Patches Events
6h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 1m
OSC
14h 1m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.