• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5720 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 1014

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1121 Next
MirzaKaralic
Profile Joined June 2015
Bosnia-Herzegovina21 Posts
December 17 2015 19:41 GMT
#20261
On December 17 2015 20:28 Souma wrote:
He doesn't hate Liquid, he's just a really passionate fan. You see it in traditional sports all the time where fans get frustrated and ask for people's heads when their team does badly for an extended period of time.

I'm pretty used to it myself as I follow (the one true) football and find it pretty cool that esports is starting to build that sort of fanbase.

Just don't spam too much ptbl. :p


I think that even for a fan, it's too much; pretty much all of his posts are banter on TL
GraphicsWhen the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.
LastManProductions
Profile Joined September 2013
United States252 Posts
December 17 2015 19:44 GMT
#20262
On December 18 2015 01:07 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2015 20:28 Souma wrote:
He doesn't hate Liquid, he's just a really passionate fan. You see it in traditional sports all the time where fans get frustrated and ask for people's heads when their team does badly for an extended period of time.

I'm pretty used to it myself as I follow (the one true) football and find it pretty cool that esports is starting to build that sort of fanbase.

Just don't spam too much ptbl. :p


Glad? Wow... I know the term fan stems from the term fanatic but we don't need to take it too literally, do we?


I think he means, its one step closer to being like sports fans, who take the term fanatic pretty literally.
Graphicshttp://mattlast.wix.com/lastmanproduction
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-17 21:31:49
December 17 2015 21:29 GMT
#20263
On December 17 2015 20:28 Souma wrote:
He doesn't hate Liquid, he's just a really passionate fan. You see it in traditional sports all the time where fans get frustrated and ask for people's heads when their team does badly for an extended period of time.

I'm pretty used to it myself as I follow (the one true) football and find it pretty cool that esports is starting to build that sort of fanbase.

Just don't spam too much ptbl. :p


Fans also celebrate their team when they do well or even perform better than expected. This one does not.

This sort of fan is cancer in every sport. Im so passionate I only remember you when I find reasons to shit on you. Thats pretty much the definition of an abusive relationship or some elaborate troll that is rather unnecessary.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 17 2015 21:31 GMT
#20264
ptbl did actually make a positive post once not that long ago when liquid won a Dota LAN.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
December 17 2015 21:33 GMT
#20265
On December 18 2015 06:31 Sn0_Man wrote:
ptbl did actually make a positive post once not that long ago when liquid won a Dota LAN.


"You did good baby, I still love you. Dont leave me"
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
December 17 2015 22:06 GMT
#20266
ptbl has praised Liquid CS:GO before but let's be real, there isn't much to praise them for ever.

And yes I'm glad that esports is developing brands with a fanbase who actually care deeply about them. You may not like nor agree with what ptbl is saying but such fervor is not completely bad.

I know I've wanted GMs and coaches fired before in real sports and have wanted certain players benched.
Writer
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
December 17 2015 22:14 GMT
#20267
On December 18 2015 07:06 Souma wrote:
ptbl has praised Liquid CS:GO before but let's be real, there isn't much to praise them for ever.

And yes I'm glad that esports is developing brands with a fanbase who actually care deeply about them. You may not like nor agree with what ptbl is saying but such fervor is not completely bad.

I know I've wanted GMs and coaches fired before in real sports and have wanted certain players benched.


See, I agree with your sentiment that people should deeply care about the teams and am glad if those kind of fans exist. However, that shitting on the team and calling for retirements/dismission of people is not what I would call "caring for a team". You don't actually care for the people that make the team then. If they have bad times they need support and maybe advice, although the latter is difficult if you are not close to them.

I personally only ever really cared for teams that have/had people in them that I'm close with. As for single players (BW for example) it might be a different story though. It's kind of weird. o.O
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
December 17 2015 22:19 GMT
#20268
I think the whole notion that fans should always be supportive of their team is silly. If the organization is constantly failing or ignores the wishes of the fans then it's absolutely fine for fans to get mad. I'm not saying Liquid is currently at that point yet but blind support could actually lead organizations to get complacent and you don't want that either. I for one would never support the Cleveland Browns.
Writer
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
December 17 2015 23:00 GMT
#20269
Getting mad is ok and throwing insults is not. Just because you are a fan you aren't entitled to be a jerk.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-17 23:21:26
December 17 2015 23:14 GMT
#20270
I find 1 post critizing oke but he spams like 6-10 posts about every match about how incompent Liquid is(and more then often the same rehashed bashing).

That is just obnoxious to the point where entering LR threads where Liquid is playing is just him spamming how much Liquid sucks. Doesnt make it LR threads fun or even accessible(granted you can question whether that is the purpose of LR).

Also I cant recall if he ever really cheers for liquid other then a seemingly disgruntled reply after Liquid wins. During matches its just bashing even if Liquid is winning.

I realize its just like Azarkon and chinese dota and that itbis within his rights but that does not make it any less obnoxious.
WriterXiao8~~
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-17 23:41:05
December 17 2015 23:40 GMT
#20271
On December 17 2015 20:28 Souma wrote:
He doesn't hate Liquid, he's just a really passionate fan. You see it in traditional sports all the time where fans get frustrated and ask for people's heads when their team does badly for an extended period of time.

I'm pretty used to it myself as I follow (the one true) football and find it pretty cool that esports is starting to build that sort of fanbase.

Just don't spam too much ptbl. :p

I got a mod warning for harshly criticizing a player just a few days ago on a LR thread, but I'm much harsher on hockey players in real life, it's part of the banter real people have when they watch competitive sports and games. If TL wasn't such a dystopian authoritarian cyberspace I'd allow myself to lose my shit like I do on the couch and express emotions in the way I know how. But I guess internet people want a very sober, safe experience, and feelings must never be shaken.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-18 00:12:52
December 18 2015 00:07 GMT
#20272
On December 18 2015 08:00 Miragee wrote:
Getting mad is ok and throwing insults is not. Just because you are a fan you aren't entitled to be a jerk.

I don't think people should ever be expected to not call players or teams bad. There's a limit but I don't think criticizing a player's or coach's ability is it. The limit is usually breached when they start becoming more personal (as is usually the case when people make fun of JW), tasteless (the stuff ESEA pulls at times) or totally off the mark (when ptbl says Robin should resign because, well... Robin is not at fault for the current state of the CS:GO team).

But yes, ptbl does spam too much.
Writer
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-18 00:13:13
December 18 2015 00:10 GMT
#20273
Complaining is fine. No one is asking for unconditional support, but there is no defense for constant streams of bashing. Not sure how anyone can try to rationalize that. Personally I support and complain about quite a few shit teams that I have no choice but to support due to attachments everyone can relate too. If there is nothing new to say about something then it's just annoying and that has nothing with people wanting a safe sober experience. If such a thing even exists, especially on the Internet.

Edit. If you guys thing the problem being raised is just plain complaining then you are confusing the issue and addressing one that doesn't exist. At least not in my observation.


Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
December 18 2015 00:16 GMT
#20274
^ Please don't try to speak for other people. There are multiple people making multiple arguments here.
Writer
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-18 00:20:03
December 18 2015 00:19 GMT
#20275
Yeah, I dont see any of them saying teams should be unconditionally supported.

Hard to speak for people on a topic when they arent saying something. Hence the use of the word observation.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
December 18 2015 00:22 GMT
#20276
Let's go browns this is BROWNS TOWN!!!
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Nixer
Profile Joined July 2011
2774 Posts
December 18 2015 00:22 GMT
#20277
On December 18 2015 07:19 Souma wrote:
I think the whole notion that fans should always be supportive of their team is silly. If the organization is constantly failing or ignores the wishes of the fans then it's absolutely fine for fans to get mad. I'm not saying Liquid is currently at that point yet but blind support could actually lead organizations to get complacent and you don't want that either. I for one would never support the Cleveland Browns.

I think the whole notion that orgs should always listen to their fans is silly.
Problem with listening to your fans wishes, if that's what you really mean, is that the average fan most likely has no fucking idea of how the team works and its inner workings. There's ways to express your so called concerns without acting like an overreacting obnoxious fool and if you're unable to do so then don't fucking do it.
Graphics
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
December 18 2015 00:23 GMT
#20278
On December 18 2015 07:14 Miragee wrote:
However, that shitting on the team and calling for retirements/dismission of people is not what I would call "caring for a team".


You don't seem to understand how "rooting for a !team!" works
knuckle
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
December 18 2015 00:37 GMT
#20279
My buddy stopped played at LEM a while ago and lost his rank, yesterday we played a game with a 5-man and got a tie... he landed in MG1 for some reason, and now MM says I can't queue with him because the rank gap from SMFC and MG1 is too big. That's very annoying. He won't solo his way back to whatever rank he needs, and getting a full 5-man is pretty hard here because I don't have randos available all the time, so it'll be very hard to get him at a reasonable rank again. QQ.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
December 18 2015 00:53 GMT
#20280
On December 18 2015 09:22 Nixer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2015 07:19 Souma wrote:
I think the whole notion that fans should always be supportive of their team is silly. If the organization is constantly failing or ignores the wishes of the fans then it's absolutely fine for fans to get mad. I'm not saying Liquid is currently at that point yet but blind support could actually lead organizations to get complacent and you don't want that either. I for one would never support the Cleveland Browns.

I think the whole notion that orgs should always listen to their fans is silly.
Problem with listening to your fans wishes, if that's what you really mean, is that the average fan most likely has no fucking idea of how the team works and its inner workings. There's ways to express your so called concerns without acting like an overreacting obnoxious fool and if you're unable to do so then don't fucking do it.

Never said the organization has to always listen to the fans, but if say a GM or coach has quite obviously failed for an extended period of time in real sports, fans are entitled to ask for their head. And yes, sometimes it is quite obvious for the average fan to know when a certain person is failing.

I also don't think people should be expected to not vent their frustrations. No, I think sometimes people need to be angry and obnoxious to get organizations to actually listen, re: Valve. So fill forums and social media with hate because hey, sometimes it actually is the only thing you can do to get organizations to change their ways when they otherwise wouldn't.

On December 18 2015 09:19 Rebs wrote:
Yeah, I dont see any of them saying teams should be unconditionally supported.

Hard to speak for people on a topic when they arent saying something. Hence the use of the word observation.



On December 18 2015 07:14 Miragee wrote:
If they have bad times they need support and maybe advice, although the latter is difficult if you are not close to them.

Writer
Prev 1 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 119
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2234
GuemChi 637
Snow 170
Leta 130
Bale 30
Noble 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
febbydoto12
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King140
Other Games
summit1g7116
WinterStarcraft353
C9.Mang0259
Sick153
ViBE81
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick492
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
League of Legends
• Lourlo1390
• Stunt488
Other Games
• Shiphtur543
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 13m
Patches Events
10h 13m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.